Page 445 of 473 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,125 of 11819

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    You consider Masquerain useless, but think Game Freak put that much thought into it?
    It's more of an aftermath kind of thing that happens with many Pokemon with abysmal stats. They get expanded movepools in later gens, in particular those that boost 2-3 stats at one go, and more useful abilities, though Unnerve isn't exactly better than Intimidate. But even with Roost and Quiver Dance it's still generally outclassed by Butterfree, who gets Quiver Dance as well, had better stats and useful DW ability.

I think the better wording would be "I think Game Freak put much thought into Masquerain to ensure that it becomes useless, and couldn't repair the damage dealt". Can't think of any other way around it, for them to sacrifice unique typing for the purpose of conceptual reasoning.

Of course, Masquerain is still left with one last saving grace: crazy stats-boosting evolution.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    It's more of an aftermath kind of thing that happens with many Pokemon with abysmal stats. They get expanded movepools in later gens, in particular those that boost 2-3 stats at one go, and more useful abilities, though Unnerve isn't exactly better than Intimidate. But even with Roost and Quiver Dance it's still generally outclassed by Butterfree, who gets Quiver Dance as well, had better stats and useful DW ability.

I think the better wording would be "I think Game Freak put much thought into Masquerain to ensure that it becomes useless, and couldn't repair the damage dealt". Can't think of any other way around it, for them to sacrifice unique typing for the purpose of conceptual reasoning.

Of course, Masquerain is still left with one last saving grace: crazy stats-boosting evolution.
    My point remains. You consider Masuerain useless, but you also think Game Freak put a lot of thought into it. Game Freak wouldn't put effort into making a Pokemon useless.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

My point remains. You consider Masuerain useless, but you also think Game Freak put a lot of thought into it. Game Freak wouldn't put effort into making a Pokemon useless.
    I didn't realize that you were 'making a point'. Let's get one thing straight then: I didn't literally say that Masquerain is useless at first. You interpreted it as so, on post #11101. If we want to get all technical, as long as a Pokemon can function as a Pokemon, i.e. it has stats to do at least one damage, and eventually has the offensive movepool to do something in battle, it's in principle not a 'useless' Pokemon.

But obviously if I'm given a choice of a couple of Pokemon with similar typing (Bug/Flying), I'm going to weigh the pros and cons of each to choose what I deem to be the best that outclasses the rest. And the whole design concept and Pokedex description thingy is part of Pokemon creation process on GF's part. Although they flesh out the game in general, they are not consequential to gameplay itself. GF put in a lot of effort in the conceptual design of Masquerain and perhaps every Pokemon out there, but that doesn't mean I'm going to consider every single one of them equally likable/useful/desirable on my team.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 30th December 2012 at 6:10 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Personally Masuerain is a meh Pokemon

beautfly and butterfree are equal and rank highest to me

Hey, somewhat off topic but it seems I am unable to access Bulbapedia at all

Google said this: The Website Ahead Contains Malware!
    Google Chrome has blocked access to bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net for now.
    Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

anyone else had or have or heard of this problem, seems like bs to me

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post

Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

You mean this? http://www.google.ca/interstitial?ur...lbagarden.net/
    I just tried it and got the same result. Weird. It's probably something bad happening to Bulbagarden, or maybe just Bulbapedia. That's unfortunate.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

the last pokemon I used in 2012 was elekid. the last move i used was shock wave. just thought I'd share that

Conquest: A Fan Fiction

Credit to Brutaka

I've been getting that message since yesterday. It's just Bulbapedia though, the rest of Bulbagarden are working fine as far as I can see. I wonder if it's just with Chrome?

Yup ! even im getting the same thing. Planned to post this question yesterday. Are you going to use bulbapedia or not since Google says that it has malware ?

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I've been getting that message since yesterday. It's just Bulbapedia though, the rest of Bulbagarden are working fine as far as I can see. I wonder if it's just with Chrome?
    I tried to access that site via my iPod the last couple of days, and I still get that message. I think that it has something to do with the ads on there.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/d...lbagarden.net/

It doesn't appear to have any malware. I kept using it and I haven't had any problems, no viruses, nothing.
    http://i.imgur.com/ewREnIt.png<--Our Image

Help spread the word! #BringJirachiOver

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Click my link above, it was from IE.

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/d...lbagarden.net/

It doesn't appear to have any malware. I kept using it and I haven't had any problems, no viruses, nothing.
    I wouldn't go on it just to be safe, because everything you can find on there can be found on here or smogon or some other site. It shouldn't be down for much longer, I'm sure they're aware of the problem and trying to solve it.
    Last edited by Moonrox; 1st January 2013 at 4:32 PM.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I believe one of the ad providers to Bulbapedia was infected or falsely claimed as a malware provider due to one link (it also happened to a few other random sites), and I believe Bulbapedia has removed the provider in question, though browsers and Google still show it as being an attack site. I browsed it earlier, and it seemed safe, but I would still tread lightly until the warning goes away.

I thought it was just me! :P
    I hope they resolve the issue soon, I've used Bulbapedia for ages...there's never been any issue before.

I just got on without using Google, so if you really need it, don't use Google to find it.
    Just be careful! http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I just got on without using Google, so if you really need it, don't use Google to find it.
    Just be careful! http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
    I don't suggest you do this coz bubapedia said themselves that is a malware ad. Stay away from it until the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I don't suggest you do this coz bubapedia said themselves that is a malware ad. Stay away from it until the dust settles.
    Which is why I said "Just be careful!".

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I doesn't have a malware on bulbapedia
    Fire Red team :
    Heart gold team:
    emerald team:
    W2 team:

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    It seems the dust has settled bulbapedia has been given the all clear by google.

Yesterday i accessed it via yahoo search on explorer and the site had its own updates on the matter.

here they are:

Bulbapedia: The current issues are not only impacting Bulbapedia, but also a number of other large websites using these same ad networks.

Bulbapedia: Please be aware Google has updated their Safe Browsing diagnostic page for us again. Seems our ad network has not yet resolved its issues.

Bulbapedia: Based on the new information from Google, it appears we're suffering from the same rogue ad issue impacting other sites, including Twitpic.

Bulbapedia: Google has updated its listing on Bulbapedia, and we are investigating. It appears these are the result of rogue ads. google.com/safebrowsing/d…

Bulbapedia: We have requested a review by Google of their malware alert message. After our own review, we believe it's the result of a malicious report.

Anyone noticed how Gamefreak sometimes fail with a Pokemon's moves in a game.

A Lanturn in Emerald with EQ(In Victory Road)
    A Squirtle in HGSS with curse(In Union Cave)
    A Land Wormadam with Leaf Storm in BW(in route 12)

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Anyone noticed how Gamefreak sometimes fail with a Pokemon's moves in a game.

A Lanturn in Emerald with EQ(In Victory Road)
    A Land Wormadam with Leaf Storm in BW(in route 12)
    Ya even used to think it was weird
    It seems the dust has settled bulbapedia has been given the all clear by google.

Yesterday i accessed it via yahoo search on explorer and the site had its own updates on the matter.
    Yup the dust has settled thank god for that

GOD i am so looking forward to Pokemon Smash!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Considering Squirtle could learn Curse via TM03 in Gen II, I'm guessing it had the move back on GSC and they decided it would be cool to keep it as an Easter Egg maybe...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Let's ask Lance and his RB Barrier Dragonite, or his Gen II Rock Slide Aerodactyl.

Page 445 of 473 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455 ... LastLast