Page 447 of 477 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457 ... LastLast
Results 11,151 to 11,175 of 11916

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

so i finally visited serebii.net and I'm all caught up with gen vi. oh my goodness i cannot believe how cool everything it looks. I'm way more excited about this than i ever was about gen V. I'm probably picking fennekin because i love fire-types and it looks so cool and i can't wait to see its final evo. and I'll probably get Pokemon Y because yveltal looks so majestic and red and beautiful and just wow. my only complaint is that the protagonist looks weird but since it's the first one designed for the 3ds I'll let it slide

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Default Area's in Pokemon X and Y.

As some of you may know, there have been a lack of Fire-Type Pokemon in the last two generations. So I hope there is a volcano area in Pokemon X and Y, and a Fire-Type Gym. We can finally have a choice of some Fire-Types during the game.
    Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Maybe a Pepper Pokémon.
    But you could also have a Tiki-Mask pokemon. It would have low Special Attack but the rest of the stats fairly high.
    And another thing...
    Umm... not Pokemon has to be a certain type. I think by Fennekin's Confusion or Psychic attack, however, it could end up as Fire/Psychic. But that move hasn't been confirmed as Psychic yet, so Fennekin may be Fire/anything as of now.
    A Fire/Psychic however may give Infernape and Blaziken good competition if it has good special attack and speed.
    Yes, maybe. Although there's always the chance that it will stay pure Fire type. Luckily it doesn't look like it would become Fire/Fighting, phew! I wouldn't be able to stand another one of those!
    Last edited by Bolso3; 15th January 2013 at 7:26 PM.

Sorry, this is from a long time ago but,
    Hm! you know whos an awesome pokémon? Blastiose! Because I beat the whole firered with it! Yeah! Blastiose. It shoots water from its cannons.
    I couldn't agree more. I could care less about stats if it's not competitive. Now, let's take a look. Charizard. I am a fire-breathing dragon that flys and I can be yours for just one pokeball! And I'm like, yea, sure, I beat the E4 with my LVL100 Charizard single-handedly. Also, it only knew fire moves. FireBlast, FlameThrower, BlastBurn (which was much cooler back then), and Overheat. Yeah, those were the good old days...
    AND THEN THEY MADE CHIMCHAR AND RUINED THE FIRE-TYPE LEGACY! :/ It's just a regular chimp... But then they put a flame in its tail. Oh, yeah, okay, now it looks fantastic. XD

Also, u shouldnt triple post bolso. Just edit the previous post. I like what you said in your first and third posts though. I loveeee fire-types. I can't imagine what a tiki-poke would be like. Maybe... Eh, IDK. And it better not be- No wait, there better not be a fighting anything Pokemon if it's a starter. It looks like they're making the starters even w/

Chespin= Grass/Dark
    Fennekin=Fire/Psychic
    Froakie=Water/Fight

Things beat each other on the left side of the "/" going upward, but on the right side going downward. MEEEeeeheeehhhhh
    Last edited by Chapter; 13th January 2013 at 1:28 PM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Ah, scizzor. In my opinion, one of the best competitive pokemon around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard
    Chespin= Grass/Dark
    Fennekin=Fire/Psychic
    Froakie=Water/Fight
    do you mean their final evo's? because it's already been confirmed that the first-stage starters are pure monotypes.

and i agree with bolso: we need more fire type Pokemon! (and some cowbell).it's the only reason why i felt like i had to pick emboar in Pokemon white. and we need a fire type something in terms of an opponent. the last time we had a fire type gymleader was flannery. remember her? i didn't beat white 2 so idk who's in the elite four (NO SPOILERS) but the last fire type foe was flint (whom i love). so yeah, that was my rant.

and like CoC said, bolso, you're not supposed to triple post; not unless you want the mods all over you like a skarmory on a trapinch

Credit to Brutaka

Thanks for the positives about the fire type pokemon. Do you remember in pokemon Pearl and Diamond had no Fire-Types, regarding the starters and Heatmor. In my pokemon team I always want a Fire-Type in my team, sometimes I don't want Emboar so i'm stuck with a pure Fire-Type with the same weaknesses over and over again. Any of you fond of Ice-Types, it's just all of them from Black and White were brilliant, and I love all of the Ice-Type moves . For some reason I always seem to have a Bug-Type in my party and I don't know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post

and i agree with bolso: we need more fire type Pokemon! (and some cowbell).it's the only reason why i felt like i had to pick emboar in Pokemon white. and we need a fire type something in terms of an opponent. the last time we had a fire type gymleader was flannery. remember her? i didn't beat white 2 so idk who's in the elite four (NO SPOILERS) but the last fire type foe was flint (whom i love). so yeah, that was my rant.
    If you look on the screenshots you will see one with the character standing in a room with flames coming out of the floor. So that could mean a Fire-Type Elite Four.
    Last edited by Bolso3; 15th January 2013 at 7:40 PM.

Speaking of Fire-types and suck, what's the deal with Slugmagcargo? Why does it suck so bad? Slugma's stats are pretty piss-poor, even for an NFE. It evolves at Lv. 38, a fairly high level for something that evolves into something with a 410 BST (for comparison, even Lumineon is 460; it ties with Bibarel, Azumarill, and Medicham, the latter two of which have Abilities that double their Attack). Fire/Rock is a terrible type combo defensively, yet its 50/120/80 defenses and access to Recover suggest that it's built for defense. It has no unique moves or Abilities, besides arguably the little-distributed Shell Smash. Besides RSE (the last third of which is ocean, of all geography), it's only ever been available post-game in the main series, at which point you're bound to have better options. No major character uses one as their signature; Flannery and Blaine have them, but only as secondaries (and Blaine only in GSCHGSS).

What's their deal?

Maybe a Pepper Pokémon. Its only weaknesses would be Flying, Poison, and Rock. But it sounds like another SpAttacker with bad defenses but that may not be the case if 6th gen does in fact make Grass/Fire Pokémon.
    It would resist Electric, Grass (1/4), and Steel. I could see some defensive tendencies in it, maybe. But its STABs would go very well together, and I believe it could get unresisted coverage between Grass/Fire/Rock coverage. Here's hoping for something like a charcoal Bonsly alt evo.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 19th January 2013 at 8:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Speaking of Fire-types and suck, what's the deal with Slugmagcargo? Why does it suck so bad? Slugma's stats are pretty piss-poor, even for an NFE. It evolves at Lv. 38, a fairly high level for something that evolves into something with a 410 BST (for comparison, even Lumineon is 460)
    Wow, I played Diamond and Pearl with a Lumineon and it was terrible. I knew Magcargo is bad but not "Lumineon Bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Speaking of Fire-types and suck, what's the deal with Slugmagcargo? Why does it suck so bad? Slugma's stats are pretty piss-poor, even for an NFE. It evolves at Lv. 38, a fairly high level for something that evolves into something with a 410 BST (for comparison, even Lumineon is 460; it ties with Bibarel, Azumarill, and Medicham, the latter two of which have Abilities that double their Attack). Fire/Rock is a terrible type combo defensively, yet its 50/120/80 defenses and access to Recover suggest that it's built for defense. It has no unique moves or Abilities, besides arguably the little-distributed Shell Smash. Besides RSE (the last third of which is ocean, of all geography), it's only ever been available post-game in the main series, at which point you're bound to have better options. No major character uses one as their signature; Flannery and Blaine have them, but only as secondaries (and Blaine only in GSCHGSS).

What's their deal?
    Yeah, I tried to train a Slugma in SoulSilver, and its stats were horrible! I eventually evolved it and I wasn't very pleased... I wish they would make some really good fire types you can catch in the wild for gen 6. Also, speaking of gen 6, I'm leaning towards choosing Fennekin, but I won't if it turns out to have crappy stats.
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Magcargo is the weirdest Fire-Type ever created.
    Seriously, whose bright idea is it to make a physically defensive Fire/Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by zebbystrika View Post
    Also, speaking of gen 6, I'm leaning towards choosing Fennekin, but I won't if it turns out to have crappy stats.
    It is a starter, it is pretty much ensured that it won't be that crappy.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I hope that there is a Attack-Based Rock/Fire-Type in Gen 6, and a Psychic/Dark-Type Grandfather Clock pokemon aswell.

Hmm...

There seems to be something about me that's a bit funny lately. I feel like... being a Haxorus for some reason these days. Reasons that I seem to not be able to explain. I know, I know, Haxorus I tough and cool, but I wonder what would make someone want to be a Haxorus, perhaps permanently, even if it's just in our imaginations? Then again, when you're good...

Quote Originally Posted by Haxy View Post
    Hmm...

There seems to be something about me that's a bit funny lately. I feel like... being a Haxorus for some reason these days. Reasons that I seem to not be able to explain. I know, I know, Haxorus I tough and cool, but I wonder what would make someone want to be a Haxorus, perhaps permanently, even if it's just in our imaginations? Then again, when you're good...
    are you saying you wanna be a haxorus in real life? if you're speaking hypothetically, then okay, I guess. but if you're speaking literally... no comment...

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    are you saying you wanna be a haxorus in real life? if you're speaking hypothetically, then okay, I guess. but if you're speaking literally... no comment...
    Perhaps I'm speaking hypothetically, but I sometimes feel like it's fun to imagine how it'd be to be a Haxorus for a day xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

It is a starter, it is pretty much ensured that it won't be that crappy.
    I actually like magcargo, jus sayin :P

And yeah, it wont be that bad.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Wouldn't it be cool if Serebii did a little section on the major pokemon hacks (ruby destiny, etc.)? Sometimes I just get bored playing the same kind of pokemon game over and over and the hacks which are actually good provide some variety, especially games like Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians. Also has anyone checked out the new Pokemon 3d? I'm not talking about x and y I'm talking about a fan-made remake of silver and gold in 3d for computer. It's still in beta but its really cool
    Last edited by Abhmul; 31st January 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhmul View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if Serebii did a little section on the major pokemon hacks (ruby destiny, etc.)? Sometimes I just get bored playing the same kind of pokemon game over and over and the hacks which are actually good provide some variety, especially games like Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians. Also has anyone checked out the new Pokemon 3d? I'm not talking about x and y I'm talking about a fan-made remake of silver and gold in 3d for computer. It's still in beta but its really cool
    Just to let you know, Serebii doesn't like cheatshacks so try not to talk about them too much in the forums or else...

I hope that we get news on a 3D Pokemon game for the Wii U sometime around E3, like another Pokemon XD, Colosseum or Battle Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxy View Post
    Perhaps I'm speaking hypothetically, but I sometimes feel like it's fun to imagine how it'd be to be a Haxorus for a day xD
    Having axes stuck to the mouth does seem... Fun. :P
    But yeah, Haxorus is awesome.
    Groudon-level Attack with decent Speed. Not THAT bad of a bulk. Dragon Dance. Swords Dance. STAB Outrage. Extremely lethal Revenge Killer. Not x4 weak to Ice like the other Dragons.
    Haxorus got so many good things going for it. I wonder why it isn't used more. It needs more love.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like Pie! View Post
    Having axes stuck to the mouth does seem... Fun. :P
    But yeah, Haxorus is awesome.
    Groudon-level Attack with decent Speed. Not THAT bad of a bulk. Dragon Dance. Swords Dance. STAB Outrage. Extremely lethal Revenge Killer. Not x4 weak to Ice like the other Dragons.
    Haxorus got so many good things going for it. I wonder why it isn't used more. It needs more love.
    And a beast shiny forme. I hope it gets a new form in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Am I the only one who likes Magcargo?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    And a beast shiny forme. I hope it gets a new form in the future...
    Maybe a Special Version of Haxorus? 147 Base SpA instead of Atk. STAB Draco Meteor sounds a little too powerful though. Surf, Focus Blast, Grass Knot and Hidden Power. Bad Special Movepool, but it could make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Am I the only one who likes Magcargo?
    I like Magcargo too. It's a droopy looking shell-something-creature made of boiling magma. How could anyone not like it? :O

when you compare magcargo to other fire types, which i do because i love fire types, it's a bad Pokemon, especially when you compare it with the other johto fire types:

typlosion is... typhlosion! nothing more to say
    and then there's houndoom. my argument speaks for itself

Credit to Brutaka

I like Magcargo. Not often we see Pokemon made of Magma.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

just trying to see if anyone can help me with ev training, email me if you can thanks!

Hey everyone, sorry if i'm using this thread the wrong way but I haven't been able to find a recent trade thread for Platinum or gen 4. I was wondering if anyone is willing to trade me any of the following pokemon because i'm trying to assemble a team for my restarted platinum version. Here are the following i'm looking for: Absol, Carvanha, Skorupi, and houndoom. If anyones interested or you know or find a thread that has recent posts please PM me.
    3DS friend code: 0662 2944 5621

Normal Safari with Ditto, Teddiursa, and Loudred.

Favorite Pokemon and Mega: Swampert and Mega Chomp.

My competitive team for X (still needs fixing): Softboil Blissey, Hazard Forretress, King's shield Aegislash, Poison Heal Gliscor, Mega Garchomp, Offensive Greninja.

Page 447 of 477 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457 ... LastLast