Page 448 of 478 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,200 of 11938

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

go to the 4th gen trade forum here. look for the thread of the Pokemon you want and make a request. i would suggest to read to the subforum rules

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    I like Magcargo. Not often we see Pokemon made of Magma.
    Yeah and the concept of it hardening if it stops moving is unique too.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

I hope Magcargo obtains some light in X and Y, since it's shafted to near non-usable. It's slow, bad typing and the BST is really poor personally. I mean it's design isn't that bad to me but its usability/utility is really at a bottom of a chart of usable Fire Types. Speaking of bad Fire types, evolve Heatmor as well. It's slow like Magcargo but at least doesn't suffer a bad typing unlike Magcargo. It's defensive capabilities are bad however stat-wise and it doesn't have the best movepool for a Fire type. It doesn't even get Overheat. Not to mention its supposed to be superior to Durant, considering its typing and origin but Durant is faster and can just Stone Edge it to death. Design wise I like it because I have an affinity of anteaters and my old username was Duranteater. The muffler is my favorite part of it's design, it gives it that unique look personally.

durant is a lot better than heatmor definitely - stone edge, dig etc loads of ways to beat a heatmor
    On Hiatus

I really hat Durant, really. I forget exactly why, but I think it knocked out my last pokémon in Victory Road once, and since then I've hated it. Also, its cry is so annoying.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I really hat Durant, really. I forget exactly why, but I think it knocked out my last pokémon in Victory Road once, and since then I've hated it. Also, its cry is so annoying.
    it's one of the annoying things about EV training in victory road. durant takes huge chunks out of your HP. but it gives you good defense

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    it's one of the annoying things about EV training in victory road. durant takes huge chunks out of your HP. but it gives you good defense
    The Pinwheel Forest is actually much better than Victory Road for Defense EV's, since you get Sewaddle/Swadloon/Venipede/Whirlipede in BW1, Yamask and SandShrew in BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    The Pinwheel Forest is actually much better than Victory Road for Defense EV's, since you get Sewaddle/Swadloon/Venipede/Whirlipede in BW1, Yamask and SandShrew in BW2.
    are whirlipede and swadloon in double grass or something. i tend to avoid double grass because it's harder for me to keep track of

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    are whirlipede and swadloon in double grass or something. i tend to avoid double grass because it's harder for me to keep track of
    Indeed. And if your facing two Swadloon, two Whirlipede, or one of each, defeating them will increase your Defense EVs much more immediate.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Indeed. And if your facing two Swadloon, two Whirlipede, or one of each, defeating them will increase your Defense EVs much more immediate.
    This is true, if you have trouble remembering, write it down that's what I do
        Spoiler:- Friend code for Pokemon White:

I'm good at the math part of it. it just gets more difficult when it's swadloon/venipede and another Pokemon, but i agree it would probably be easier than that annoying steel pest

Credit to Brutaka

Durant may be annoying in the wild, but it is fun to use. Especially with the combination of Hustle and Hone Claws.

I am currently EV training a dusknoir...
    any advice for its moves?
    I currently have shadow sneak, pain split, will-o-wisp, and seismic toss
    Ultimate mission!
    Can the Guild -----> stop the pokemon glitch missingno????? ---->

I just breed a Swinub for Mamoswine that is Adamant, has Snow Cloak, and has the IV spread of 19-26/31/31/20/31/19-26. I believe I should go for max HP, but Im tired of breeding and I cant decide if I should train this one or breed another. Oh and its male. The long tusks look boss on Mamoswine.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth_finder View Post
    I am currently EV training a dusknoir...
    any advice for its moves?
    I currently have shadow sneak, pain split, will-o-wisp, and seismic toss
    What nature is yer Dusknoir? I would take a nice long look at Psych Up and Calm Mind if I were you. Especially Psych Up. Imagine what you could do copying the stats of Dragon Dancers?

My dusknoir has good IV's and it has a sturdy body
    My dusknoirs nature is a calm nature with boosted sp. defence and lowered attack
    I have finished ev training it and its level 50 stats are;
    hp - 118
    attack - 101
    defense - 186
    sp.atk - 81
    sp. def - 187
    speed - 62

using psych up against a dragon dancer is suicide but i think that using thunder wave might help more coz the second the oppenent sees me use psych up the opponent will just attack me next turn and probably kill me with their salamance or tyranitar or whatever.
    Ultimate mission!

.....Calm is a bad Nature for Dusknoir, because it wants to go Physical, and Calm reduce Attack. Calm Mind isn't a good move for it either, for the same reason.

Careful is a better Nature.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Yh, thats true but unfornualty i was too lazy to look for a duskull in pokemon emerald with the right nature because it was soo frigging rare
    And in case your wondering why i was catching it in pokemon emerald. It was because i wanted to teach my dusclops seismic toss via the battle frontier. I have just realised i should have breed it in emerald untill i got a good nature but oh well
    Last edited by Truth_finder; 20th February 2013 at 12:30 PM.
    Ultimate mission!

Okay I have a Pokemon World Tournament Question.
    Ive finally found me a Solid team through Testing I'm comfortable with.
    Maxed IVs and EVs good Movesets.
    Since the Level Cap at the PWT is 50, should I stop Leveling them up at 50 or go all the way to 100 and take it on?

Always looking for shinys PM me and Ill make a offer!

The only thing I have to offer at this point is a Flawless IV Ditto. I value it highly.
    0490-6563-1433

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsbury View Post
    Okay I have a Pokemon World Tournament Question.
    Ive finally found me a Solid team through Testing I'm comfortable with.
    Maxed IVs and EVs good Movesets.
    Since the Level Cap at the PWT is 50, should I stop Leveling them up at 50 or go all the way to 100 and take it on?
    If they're evolved, EVed, and have all their moves, then the it doesn't matter at all if they're level 50 or 100.

Just keep them at level 50.

I thought they get the Big Stat Boost at 100?

Always looking for shinys PM me and Ill make a offer!

The only thing I have to offer at this point is a Flawless IV Ditto. I value it highly.
    0490-6563-1433

Generation V changed the EV stat gain system so Pokemon now gain stat points as their EVs increase without having to level up, I'm pretty sure.

Huh? Going from 99 to 100 is no different then any other level up, from my understanding.

But it doesn't matter anyway. The stats will change to what the pokemon would have if it were level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    If they're evolved, EVed, and have all their moves, then the it doesn't matter at all if they're level 50 or 100.

Just keep them at level 50.

Thats true once they have been EV and IV trained, their stats at level 50 will not change, so you can level them up if you want but they will still have the same trained lvl 50 stats in the PWT or battle subway
    Ultimate mission!

Nope, thats a myth, i have trained countless pokes to lvl 100 and no stat boost LOL
    Ultimate mission!

Psych up works well if EVs are devoted into defense. I believe Dusknoir can hit 404 on both defenses. To me, Psych up is a great idea.
    Last edited by Mr.Ducky209; 25th February 2013 at 1:31 AM.

Page 448 of 478 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458 ... LastLast