Page 15 of 477 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Jolteon doesn't really need Thunderwave since it is the second fastest OU Pokémon, as of 4th Gen, not sure about 5h Gen.
    That was a bad example, but if it was a Double Battle, that would be good support. Maybe Confuse Ray on a fast Pokemon would be better.
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    The miju's are key in ending my sentences I'll not stop saying it but I will use it at the end of paragraphs when I make long statements, miju!
    I can sympathize with unnecessary things ending your sentences, de geso.

If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Ok this is getting a bit off-topic here.

Kyurem is probably the best thing Game Freak has ever created for non-uber players. Now we have the chance to use a main legendary that isn't uber material. If only they did it with the rest of them, except Arceus, who's suppose to be a god.
    Did you ever think that GF made it worse than every other main legend as to please a tiny minority of <1000 people? Did you ever think pokemon given the term 'legendary pokemon' are supposed to be on par with stuff like Arcanine, or they would make it so a dimension warping ghost-basilisk could be in a fair battle against a Starfish?
    There's a reason that legends are stronger than other pokemon and there is most-likely a reason that Kyurem is weaker than other main-legends.
    Arceus isn't a God, there's no religion in pokemon except for the belief in some myths and stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Ok this is getting a bit off-topic here.

Kyurem is probably the best thing Game Freak has ever created for non-uber players. Now we have the chance to use a main legendary that isn't uber material. If only they did it with the rest of them, except Arceus, who's suppose to be a god.
    Wait, why isn't it Uber material?
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2hr1lcg.png[/IMG]
    Diamond Friend Code: 0132-1589-3047
    Black Friend Code: 5457-9904-5129
        Spoiler:- Who Made What:

PM me for offers
    4th gen: (with Volt Tackle)
    5th gen (* following Pokémon means DW Ability): ^all of the above, * **** ****** (under construction)

It's too bad that GF still considers it overpowered and ban it on Battle Subway, Tournaments, and Random Match-Ups, which is why Smogon's rules are superior and wished GF adapted it so we can finally use it.
    Oh will you stop with the Smogon fanboyism?

Any Pokemon with a base stat over 660 and it doesn't have a hindering ability ex: Slow Start or Traunt is considered uber. Is it really important that we can't use legendaries for fun banning Lati@s with Soul Dew is kinda unfair like it is to ban the DeepSea items with Clamperl well not sure if that still stands, miju.
    Last edited by Mijuwott; 14th May 2011 at 8:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shotdown911 View Post
    Wait, why isn't it Uber material?
    Because it notably lacks a lot of things, like stats.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Oh will you stop with the Smogon fanboyism?
    Seriously. It's about 10 times as annoying as ending your sentences with unnecessary words/phrases, de geso.

If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

I thought the only fanboyism that existed was Chuggaconroy zombies but maybe they will change Kyurem in the next game or something like that .. miju!

Besides Excalibur can fit in between annoying stuff, miju.

I'm so hip I didn't realize Kyurem wasn't too good for OU, and therefore Uber. I'm not interested in why or why not Smogon's minds made the decision, but isn't Kyurem the fastest Legendary Ice type Pokemon, with a good half or so of the Uber metagame weak to its STABs? Odd.

Oh well.

If we're discussing Speed, I think I'd have to say it is the most important stat to consider (competitively speaking), with HP a very close second. With Speed stats, there is more of an opportunity for a single point to matter. This isn't the case with offense and defense stats. Speed has to be calculated exactly to make the most of it as a stat, and HP is often calculated exactly to cushion the effects of entry hazards or sapping effects.

Mijuwott, I think your use of "Miju" is cute and makes you stand out among the forumers. Please use it frequently or infrequently as you see fit, and not because of others' opinions. In time, you'll probably tire of it on your own anyway. If you enjoy saying "Miju," then go right ahead and keep saying it. ^_^

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I just wish they gave the poor thing a few more moves XD

But I guess, like the other two, it gets enough to manage :3

Seriously you guys, are you really all for ubers? This is perhaps the most cherished gift non-uber players we've ever received, and I wish they do the same with other main legendaries. I've always wanted to use Ho-oh and Zekrom, but I can't because I don't use ubers in my team, and it makes me feel cheap if I do.

For Speed, it's not that important, only an added bonus. The point of using a Pokemon is too make you it sure it hits hard and manages to take some hits without being OHKO'd nor 2HKO'd. Take Walrein for example, its base stats are balanced on both offense and defense, and with access to curse, it'll do well. Glass Cannons are the kind of Pokemon players and newcomers try to avoid because they want more defense while having more power.

Seriously you guys, are you really all for ubers? This is perhaps the most cherished gift non-uber players we've ever received, and I wish they do the same with other main legendaries. I've always wanted to use Ho-oh and Zekrom, but I can't because I don't use ubers in my team, and it makes me feel cheap if I do.
    I could care less to be honest..Competitive Battle rules aren't going to stop me from playing with the Pokemon outside of Competitve Battle(especially since I'm not really competitve anyway). They'll probably be allowed in challenges if/when they release a 3D game, so my training them won't totally go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post

Mijuwott, I think your use of "Miju" is cute and makes you stand out among the forumers. Please use it frequently or infrequently as you see fit, and not because of others' opinions. In time, you'll probably tire of it on your own anyway. If you enjoy saying "Miju," then go right ahead and keep saying it. ^_^
    I shall use it the best way i can, miju :3

Not for all ubers just ubers who signatures moves that can way too over kill except Roar of Time I know distorting time takes a lot out of you Dialga but your setting yourself up for possible knock out from Groudon's earthquake, Palkia got lucky with Spacial Rend it has high critical hit like razor leaf..but with the 5% chance of missing..miju .-.

But beside all of that its no problem using the legendary in-game I still use shaymin sky form and during the battle between Zekrom(opponent) and Reshiram(me) it felt right to use it to battle its Tao half, miju ^_^
    Last edited by Mijuwott; 14th May 2011 at 11:19 PM.

But beside all of that its no problem using the legendary in-game I still use shaymin sky form and during the battle between Zekrom(opponent) and Reshiram(me) it felt right to use it to battle its Tao half, miju ^_^
    It is a problem, it just shows that you have to rely on your uber to beat a team that doesn't have one, making you cheap. Plus it makes the game boring when you're using one in-game. That's why GF didn't make that mistake for Kyurem.

I could care less to be honest..Competitive Battle rules aren't going to stop me from playing with the Pokemon outside of Competitve Battle(especially since I'm not really competitve anyway). They'll probably be allowed in challenges if/when they release a 3D game, so my training them won't totally go to waste.
    Your team and your view on competitive play is pretty much self explanitory of what I think of you.

With you 100%, Datte. Using legendaries makes playing the game ridiculously easy, so I never use them (unless I have a rabid love for that legendary, such as I did for Lugia back when Silver first came out). The fun of Pokemon, IMO, is working for the win.

But then I'm a trainer who hatches eggs and raises them myself from level 1-100, so I would say that, wouldn't I xD
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Your team and your view on competitive play is pretty much self explanitory of what I think of you.
    ..Wut..? @-@

I'm just saying that outside of Competitve Battles, you can do whatever the shell you want :S I don't have a problem with Competitve or anything, I just perfer to do my own thing because it's more fun to me.

If my opponent says "No Legends", okay, but if I'm on my own I don't see why I should stop myself from having fun :s I like training and battling with them.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 15th May 2011 at 12:11 AM.

It is a problem, it just shows that you have to rely on your uber to beat a team that doesn't have one, making you cheap. Plus it makes the game boring when you're using one in-game. That's why GF didn't make that mistake for Kyurem.
    Well that's your opinion which i will listen to but will not follow 100% because I'm slightly stubborn miju.

But i am not cheap I only used Reshiram to battle Zekrom then i used my regular in-game team miju!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    Well that's your opinion which i will listen to but will not follow 100% because I'm slightly stubborn miju.
    It's an opinion that everyone must follow because nonbody wants to feel ashame of using an overpowered Pokemon that takes less skill to wipe out a regular team.

I'm just saying that outside of Competitve Battles, you can do whatever the shell you want :S I don't have a problem with Competitve or anything, I just perfer to do my own thing because it's more fun to me.
    Then you're completely missing out how competitve battles have greatly influence the franchise, it's what make any player a true fan.

FOOL!! I wish to be a leader not a follower so i don't give a muk, miju!
    Plus muk is a good pokemon in battles, miju
    Last edited by Mijuwott; 15th May 2011 at 12:33 AM.

Yeah I never use legendaries in game, only because it makes gameplay far too easy and less challenging. I don't see a single thing against using them though in non competitive game play.

~Credit to SleepingCelebii for the banner~

I too don't think there's really a problem with using legendaries, because if there was a severe problem they wouldn't have legendaries to begin with. I personally don't use them, though, and will tell someone who uses them that I think they're making their game easier than it can be, and frankly a bit less enjoyable.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Your right if GF didn't want us to have Ubers why did they make them so that they would be banned by smogon, miju?

Because they know that the only people who will use legendaries are people who want an easy game, and those who want an easy game aren't going to play competitively.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Ohh...miju

Well my question has been answered..but is okay to use the chibi legendary pokemon?

Page 15 of 477 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast