Page 3 of 478 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebbio View Post
    I still don't get why people think Emogla and Pacharishu should be in the same evo chain.

Vanilluxe has a somewhat rubbish design. Vannilish is even worse.
    I don't really like vanilluxe either, but I've still been thinking about using it...
    I would like to predict a baby for miltank, tauros, and boufalant....
    But boufalant is a Plains buffalo, Miltank and Tauros are cows.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I still don't get why people think Emogla and Pacharishu should be in the same evo chain.
    If they should be in the same chain then so should Plusle, Minun and Pikachu. Let's make them all evolve from Pichu. :/
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

^That would be going a bit too far.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I was quite surprised that there weren't new Eevelutions in 5th gen. I think they should eventually have every type of Eeveelution.

I was also surprised that there was no relation between Bouffalant and Tauros. They're both pretty beastly Pokemon.
    Every type is just too much. Every special type besides Dragon is pretty solid. I don't think we need anymore eeveelutions.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    But they are stronger then the enemies pokemon all the time, unless they use Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, or Hydreigon. Mewtwo/Ho-oh/lugia/ect. are just to powerful. I like to use ones like Raikou or Terrokion.

Zekrom and Reshiram aren't weak actually, Kyrem is the one weaker then it should be.
    As stated, it's fair because they're able to be caught. Just because they're stronger than your opponents Pokémon doesn't assure that you will beat them after all.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo-Unlegendary View Post
    Every type is just too much. Every special type besides Dragon is pretty solid. I don't think we need anymore eeveelutions.
    A Dragon type eeveelution would be pretty dope.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

In terms of power, Reshiram and Zekrom are entirely on par with previous legendaries. Zekrom's Attack matches Groudon's and Rayquaza's, Reshiram's SpA is just shy of Mewtwo's and matches that of Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, and Palkia. Reshiram's STAB is resisted by only one Pokemon, Heatran.

A couple of interesting points. High-BST legendaries in general have only moderate speed. Mewtwo, Arceus, Lugia, and Palkia have base 130, 120, 110, and 100 respectively. Rayquaza and Kyurem sit at 95. The others all sit at 90, slower than a lot of the 600 and 580 BST legendaries, and a lot of other Pokemon. I suspect this is intentional by Game Freak, in order to somewhat balance out the extreme stats.

Also, there's a clear similarity between the 3rd and 5th gen cover legendaries. Groudon and Zekrom are physically based, with the same HP, Attack and Speed. Kyogre and Reshiram are specially based, with the same HP, SpA and Speed. Rayquaza and Kyurem are both balanced, with the same speed that's 5 faster than the others in their trios.

Kyogre is cool, but Mysterial's(PBR) was a pain in the nads for the longest time DX The only way for me to win was by using an allied Fake Out and finishing it with Pikachu's Volt Tackle.. The rest of the fight was actually pretty easy once Kyogre was out of the picture XD

Rayquaza and Kyurem are both balanced, with the same speed that's 5 faster than the others in their trios
    I just wish Kyurem got a little more in terms of moves, but if they plan on giving him a "complete" form later on, I can see why they would make it weaker than it should be.

Maybe the God stone in Kyurem's Griseous Orb :S

RADIANT BLAZE ~

If we had a dragon type Eeveeloution people would complain it would be too weak. This would be because many would compare it to other dragons such as Salamence, Flygon, Hydredgion ect.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    I just wish Kyurem got a little more in terms of moves, but if they plan on giving him a "complete" form later on, I can see why they would make it weaker than it should be.

Maybe the God stone in Kyurem's Griseous Orb :S
    Kyurem's signature move - the current one - Glaciate, is oddly unremarkable. It's basically Icy Wind with a tiny bit more power and accuracy. Actually, it's exactly like Bulldoze and Low Sweep, just for the Ice typing. Compared to such things as Fusion Bolt/Flare, Spacial Rend and Roar of Time, Glaciate is a dud of a signature move.

It's also weird that, according to Bulbapedia's page, Kyurem has a BST twenty points lower than Reshiram and Zekrom, making it the only Pokemon (let alone only member of a box-cover Legendary group) with a BST of 660.

I agree that it'd be nice to see some kind of change in Kyurem come the third version of the Unova games. Poor thing just seems incomplete from all angles. =s

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Can anyone imagine a flying type Eeveeloution? That would be epic.
    I had a friend in FlipnoteHatena who created one named Fleesveon.It was epic,and if they create a Flying Eeveelution,I'll get it and name it FleesVeon,Will be female and will be one atleast one team.

I'm back :3

Flying type would be cool....but I always thought 'Drageon' was inevitable.

↑Epic,too.But what about Digeon?(Ground)

If Digeon ever comes to fruition, I'll personally exsternimate whoever was behind the abomination.

Why?And how about Shadeon?(Ghost)

Digeon looks and sounds like Digimon.
    I was thinking of Helieon, as in Helium for Ghost.

They could come up with a better name than Digeon. Terreon or something. Even Eartheon would be better.

Crapeon, because that is what it will look like.

Who thinks that Zangoose is really underrated? It has massive Attack, massive Speed, and it gets Swords Dance, to boot.

Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.

Speedruns:

Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

So does loads of other Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    So does loads of other Pokémon.
    It's just because it has a great stat spread. I also think Torkoal is quite underrated, and it was a great member of your team in 3rd Gen.

Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.

Speedruns:

Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonOwn View Post
    It's just because it has a great stat spread. I also think Torkoal is quite underrated, and it was a great member of your team in 3rd Gen.
    Zangoose is pretty great, since Return and Close Combat coming off an SD-boosted base 115 Attack are going to hurt anything not of the Ghost type, but its Speed isn't really as good as it looks. These days, offensive Pokemon usually have Speed stats above 100. 95 is excellent, but it's just not good enough in enough situations. Add that to Zangoose's frail defenses, and you have a Pokemon who is going to have a hard time surviving long enough to do all the damage it potentially could.

Zangoose isn't underrated, there are just a lot of Pokemon who can do everything Zangoose does, but better.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

^^^I agree with the statement above.

Camerupt can be great. I have never have seen it in a competitive battle. Or Manetric.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Haxorus anyone?

Fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, and it did not disappoint. Not much is going to stand up to a Swords/Dragon-Dance in-game. Utter beast.
    Yes, I us Bose Headphones. I find that their quality is superb. I suggest you do the same.

Looks ugly.
    Nuff said.

Page 3 of 478 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast