Page 397 of 477 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 11923

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    Life Orb, Adamant, Sheer Force, Bulked Up, Darmanitan using Flare Blitz is INSANELY KILLER!
    I agree completely. With that combination, Darmanitan can OHKO or 2HKO pretty much anything.

try that on a pure physical victini with v-create

The goats are wise! Eat everything, climb everything. And if something kicks you, kick it back!
    Tumblr | Reborn | League

(On previous page)
    Mandibuzz is by far one of the best flying types in B/W. It looks very cool too, with the bone in the hair

My favorite fire types have got to be Arcanine and Charizard I guess. Can't think of others right now.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    (On previous page)
    Mandibuzz is by far one of the best flying types in B/W. It looks very cool too, with the bone in the hair
    What about Braviary? He packs a bigger punch than the ugly, prehistoric-looking vulture.

Kanto: Charizard
    Johto: Feraligatr
    Hoenn: Swampert (i liek mudkipz)
    Sinnoh: Infernape/Torterra
    Unova: Serperior

I'm not loving a lot of the new Unova pokemon, mostly because they evolve so late. Especially Hydreigon, impossible to use on an ingame team and expect to have a Hydreigon by the Elite Four
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    What about Braviary? He packs a bigger punch than the ugly, prehistoric-looking vulture.
    This.

10charlimit

I'm playing in the Battle Subway, and I just faced a Gliscor. It was holding a Liechi Berry.
    I've got a problem with that. Stupid, cheating CPU...
    I mean, why on earth would Gamefreak do that?
    Last edited by Eternalserenity; 1st December 2011 at 5:08 AM. Reason: typo

I'm playing in the Battle Subway, and I just faced a Gliscor. It was holding a Liechi Berry.
    I've got a problem with that. Stupid, cheating CPU...
    I mean, why on earth would Gamefreak do that?
    ....it has been like that ever since Gen 3 and you only complained now?

But yeah it's annoying, especially in B/W where taking items from a trainer's Pokemon no longer gives you the item permanently, it disappear when the battle ends.
    Then again, that's so we can't take infinite Petaya Berries from Morimoto and infinite Leftovers from Cheren.....

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ....it has been like that ever since Gen 3 and you only complained now?

But yeah it's annoying, especially in B/W where taking items from a trainer's Pokemon no longer gives you the item permanently, it disappear when the battle ends.
    Then again, that's so we can't take infinite Petaya Berries from Morimoto and infinite Leftovers from Cheren.....
    I meant more along the lines of the AI being able to use Liechi and Custap Berries. Both of which are currently unobtainable in Black/White. (At least to my knowledge they aren't.)

Wink

(obviously) my favorite pokemon is Galvantula, followed by Ariados.

I feel as though certain pokemon are very overrated. namely Salamance and Garchomp. To me they are just remixes of Dragonite. My favorite dragon (and the most underrated in my opinion) is Kingdra.

I feel like in Generation 2 they did the right thing in making Tyranitar the semi-uber pokemon. a new typing should be used each generation if you ask me. However, I make an exception for Hydregion because I feel as though its design is rather original and its stats are unique in comparison to the others.

I realise I may get bitten in half for saying this, but please realise this is just MY OPINION. ~ =3
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/a0lbtx.png[/IMG]
    ~Credz to PikaPal_Lyra~

How are legends born?
    Take a look at my new fanfic Here

They play different roles. I'd like to see Braviary take a hit like Mandibuzz does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnae View Post
    (obviously) my favorite pokemon is Galvantula, followed by Ariados.

I feel as though certain pokemon are very overrated. namely Salamance and Garchomp. To me they are just remixes of Dragonite. My favorite dragon (and the most underrated in my opinion) is Kingdra.

I feel like in Generation 2 they did the right thing in making Tyranitar the semi-uber pokemon. a new typing should be used each generation if you ask me. However, I make an exception for Hydregion because I feel as though its design is rather original and its stats are unique in comparison to the others.
    They're not overrated, other people just like them more for different reasons. Maybe some people think Salamence looks more fierce than Dragonite, or that Garchomp is cool because they like Ground types. If we're saying that people can't like "remixes" of Pokemon then no one can like any of the starters other than the original three.

I realise I may get bitten in half for saying this, but please realise this is just MY OPINION. ~ =3
    I do, but it doesn't mean it's not open for discussion or criticism. I also find it funny that you post this after essentially implying that people who like Salamence or Garchomp have an inferior opinion to yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

I meant more along the lines of the AI being able to use Liechi and Custap Berries. Both of which are currently unobtainable in Black/White. (At least to my knowledge they aren't.)
    Yeah, I know, that's the entire reason I posted the "Gen 3" part

Pinch berries are almost nonexistant back then.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    They're not overrated, other people just like them more for different reasons. Maybe some people think Salamence looks more fierce than Dragonite, or that Garchomp is cool because they like Ground types. If we're saying that people can't like "remixes" of Pokemon then no one can like any of the starters other than the original three.

I do, but it doesn't mean it's not open for discussion or criticism. I also find it funny that you post this after essentially implying that people who like Salamence or Garchomp have an inferior opinion to yours.

I genuinely wasn't sure if I should even justify this with a response, however I feel it may be rude not to. So here goes:

Firstly; I believe I reused, several times throughout my previous post, phrases such as "I feel..." and "In my opinion..." On top of this, not once did I mention anyone else's opinion, nor did I mention any superiority of my opinion in general, and I honestly cannot see what part of my post you pulled this from. If you can find a part that genuinely defies anything I have just mentioned; merely tell me and I will alter what I posted to make it clearer. =)

Secondly; In your opinion they are not overrated, and yes I acknowledge that people have their own opinions; which is why we are NOT "saying that people can't like "remixes" of Pokemon." No one besides the individual can decide what they can and cant like, if they do, that's called dictatorship, which is something I do not agree with.

Thirdly; Comparing the semi-ubers with the starter pokemon is not a plausible comparison to make for several reasons, first, the starter pokemon are mandatory, whereas the semi-uber pokemon are completely optional, second, the starter pokemon are the types they are because most people have a basic understanding of the cycle of superiority within water, fire and grass prior to playing any pokemon game, which is therefore relateable, and an easy way to teach beginners about type advantages, and third, the starters have remained a solid tradition and have not changed their typing ENTIRELY in any generation, whereas second generation was proof that the semi-ubers were not strictly dragon type.

Finally, although I am not a fan of people attempting to have their own interpretations of what I say, I would like to stress to you that I am NOT attempting to attack you with this post. I am purely trying to highlight the fact that what I post here are not vague poems you can interpret for yourself, or any kind of open ended text for that matter. I mean what I say, not what anyone thinks I mean.

Thank you =3
    ~Credz to PikaPal_Lyra~

How are legends born?

I genuinely wasn't sure if I should even justify this with a response, however I feel it may be rude not to. So here goes:

Firstly; I believe I reused, several times throughout my previous post, phrases such as "I feel..." and "In my opinion..." On top of this, not once did I mention anyone else's opinion, nor did I mention any superiority of my opinion in general, and I honestly cannot see what part of my post you pulled this from. If you can find a part that genuinely defies anything I have just mentioned; merely tell me and I will alter what I posted to make it clearer. =)

Secondly; In your opinion they are not overrated, and yes I acknowledge that people have their own opinions; which is why we are NOT "saying that people can't like "remixes" of Pokemon." No one besides the individual can decide what they can and cant like, if they do, that's called dictatorship, which is something I do not agree with.

Thirdly; Comparing the semi-ubers with the starter pokemon is not a plausible comparison to make for several reasons, first, the starter pokemon are mandatory, whereas the semi-uber pokemon are completely optional, second, the starter pokemon are the types they are because most people have a basic understanding of the cycle of superiority within water, fire and grass prior to playing any pokemon game, which is therefore relateable, and an easy way to teach beginners about type advantages, and third, the starters have remained a solid tradition and have not changed their typing ENTIRELY in any generation, whereas second generation was proof that the semi-ubers were not strictly dragon type.

Finally, although I am not a fan of people attempting to have their own interpretations of what I say, I would like to stress to you that I am NOT attempting to attack you with this post. I am purely trying to highlight the fact that what I post here are not vague poems you can interpret for yourself, or any kind of open ended text for that matter. I mean what I say, not what anyone thinks I mean.

Thank you =3
    This seems like a bit of a long response to what was really a minor point. I don't want to spam up the page, so feel free not to respond, and if you do I won't respond back to that post.

The very mention of overrated implies that lots of people (who have differing opinions to yourself) like something that they should not like as much as they do. This is because you feel they are wrong, which is, yes, your opinion. On the other hand, they may feel that Dragonite isn't very good itself, and despite your careful wording, your post implies that they are completely wrong in this regard.

It's not my opinion, they aren't overrated. If anyone likes Salamence or Garchomp (and bar competitive I'm indifferent by the way) then that's their prerogative. Again, it's your opinion that they are, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on your opinion and question it's validity.

Replace the Starter argument, with the regional bird- those aren't mandatory; whoops Staraptor isn't as good as Pidgeot!

Lol implying I have some kind of agenda against your posts! No matter what you type, there will be some kind of subtext to it for other posters such as myself to read into. Would you rather someone just read it literally, responded "yah sure ok" and carried on? Or would you rather have an interesting conversation such as this where you are thinking more about what you and the other person is saying?

Btw you are a good poster for a newbie. Keep it up, we need more new people like you
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    This seems like a bit of a long response to what was really a minor point. I don't want to spam up the page, so feel free not to respond, and if you do I won't respond back to that post.

The very mention of overrated implies that lots of people (who have differing opinions to yourself) like something that they should not like as much as they do. This is because you feel they are wrong, which is, yes, your opinion. On the other hand, they may feel that Dragonite isn't very good itself, and despite your careful wording, your post implies that they are completely wrong in this regard.

It's not my opinion, they aren't overrated. If anyone likes Salamence or Garchomp (and bar competitive I'm indifferent by the way) then that's their prerogative. Again, it's your opinion that they are, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on your opinion and question it's validity.

Replace the Starter argument, with the regional bird- those aren't mandatory; whoops Staraptor isn't as good as Pidgeot!

Lol implying I have some kind of agenda against your posts! No matter what you type, there will be some kind of subtext to it for other posters such as myself to read into. Would you rather someone just read it literally, responded "yah sure ok" and carried on? Or would you rather have an interesting conversation such as this where you are thinking more about what you and the other person is saying?

Btw you are a good poster for a newbie. Keep it up, we need more new people like you
    I am replying, because I feel as though this debate is quite relevant to the official discussion thread, I'm sorry my post was so long, once I start writing I just write. I'd just like to say, I like you, you may find that weird, but I really like you because you challenged my first post, then when I replied, you actually had quite a legitimate post.

Anyway, you did completely render one of my points irrelevant, that being the point about the starters being mandatory, I do still stick by my other points though. I can see how perhaps ''overrated'' was the wrong choice of words, when I use the word "overrated" I don't mean that said pokemon are not as strong as people say they are, I mean that in my opinion this strength is too often magnified for my liking. I still believe that it is a matter of opinion to decide if said pokemon are overrated or not because its based on other peoples opinions of those pokemon, and we both would have had different experiences with those people. I'd also simply like to say I do not like dragonite, I just appreciate its status.

I don't want to offend you at all, so please don't take this as an offensive suggestion. I feel as though you are reading in between the lines too much, I base this upon the fact that you seem very set on the word 'imply.' if someone is implying something the implication itself is a matter of opinion, and it is just an assumption made on, in this case, your behalf, I just want to stress that it is not necessarily factual regardless of what is implied. I would like to make clear I do not believe you to have some agenda against my post. =)

I don't mean to say a person should just blatantly acknowledge my post and move on, what I mean is they should not try to extend on it based on assumed knowledge. I'm all for the responder opposing any/all the points I actually HAVE made, as long as their response is genuine.

I know you said you wont reply to this but you asked questions in your post, I felt compelled to answer =P. If you do change your mind and respond I look forward to it, if not well thanks for what you did respond to.

On a new note: I feel as though ice type pokemon are very under appreciated
    ~Credz to PikaPal_Lyra~

How are legends born?

What moves do you think whould be good for some pokemon?

I'd like Close Combat/Super Power Pidgeot or Extremespeed Zangoose.

any pure grass type with stone edge,
    Rock type moves counter 4 of the 5 types super effective against grass if im correct:
    Ice - Fire - Bug - Flying - Poison
    obviously reds are counter by rock and green isnt

Like Breloom with stone edge rocks, i know cos i hacked my emulator file but try this out if you find a good combo

Stoutland needs earthquake. It will hit steel and rock types, while it already has crunch to handle ghost types.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Earthquake for the only 2 unova starters who don't get it would be good. Failing that, Earth Power.

Braviary is a very lackluster for what it's worth...although it is generally bulkier than most normal/ flying types, it's speed is lacking and its attack isn't amazing either usually leaving opponents with a smidgen of HP...when compared with a life-orbed staraptor with reckless, it is completely outclassed in terms of speed and attack which makes its general role as a sweeper mediocre...mandibuzz, however, is a wonderful wall...compared to other flying types save skarmory or togekiss, it is a great wall. Compared to other walls, it is immune to two types, has wonderful bulk and is decently fast...it also has a reliable healing move an a way to prevent the opponent from setting up...ingame, braviary might be better but in the competitive arena, mandibuzz definitely has a better niche..

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Stoutland needs earthquake. It will hit steel and rock types, while it already has crunch to handle ghost types.
    stoutland does get reversal, which handles those types...
    Last edited by XXD17; 1st December 2011 at 6:40 PM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

I think that ariados should flame charge in order to take care of the steel problem, and assist with speed. =)
    ~Credz to PikaPal_Lyra~

How are legends born?

any pure grass type with stone edge,
    Rock type moves counter 4 of the 5 types super effective against grass if im correct:
    Ice - Fire - Bug - Flying - Poison
    obviously reds are counter by rock and green isnt

Like Breloom with stone edge rocks, i know cos i hacked my emulator file but try this out if you find a good combo
    Meganium learns Ancientpower, works wonders actually.

I think that ariados should flame charge in order to take care of the steel problem, and assist with speed. =)
    The only Bug type that should learn a Fire attack that causes its body to burst into flames is Volcarona, only one that makes the slightest sense.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Meganium learns Ancientpower, works wonders actually.
    Too many people chose Typhlosion, in my opinion, and off the top of my head, about 65% chose Typhlosion, 25% chose Feraligatr (me), and the other 10% chose Meganium. Meganium IMO is the best cos of its mixed attackingness

Too many people chose Typhlosion, in my opinion, and off the top of my head, about 65% chose Typhlosion, 25% chose Feraligatr (me), and the other 10% chose Meganium. Meganium IMO is the best cos of its mixed attackingness
    I'm not sure about those percentages, I will say that Feraligatr is my favorite Johto starter, followed closely by Meganium, with Typhlosion wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down at the bottom.

People only pick Cyndaquil because Wooper/Poliwag and Hoppip/Bellsprout are found so early in the game, while you don't see a Fire type till either evolving Bill's Eevee or Magmar in Burnt Tower.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Page 397 of 477 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447 ... LastLast