Page 415 of 477 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,375 of 11925

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

People can use Arceus if they want. Lets just leave it at that
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    People can use Arceus if they want. Lets just leave it at that
    Exactly (I got a little cocky there, my apologizes). Just because he's strong doesn't mean he's invicible
    Meh, working on sig...

Was I the only one who was disappointed that Arceus won the Global Link event? I mean don't get me wrong Arceus is pretty darn incredible but I would've liked to see one of the rarer event only pokes win like Jirachi or Shaymin or something. I just feel like Arceus has lost some of its value.
    Credit ~ Dynablade, Mew_ ,+ LyreBirdGirl
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/14sduhg.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/nf1gm9.png[/IMG]
    My shinies:20 eggs1,770 eggs2,030 eggsRNGx2Random
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ohlgtx.png[/IMG]Currently hunting: 2,160 eggs 3DS Friend Code: 0147-0138-4718
    Electric Safari (Dedenne, Pikachu, + Luxio)

Quote Originally Posted by ColorsofTheRainbow View Post
    Was I the only one who was disappointed that Arceus won the Global Link event? I mean don't get me wrong Arceus is pretty darn incredible but I would've liked to see one of the rarer event only pokes win like Jirachi or Shaymin or something. I just feel like Arceus has lost some of its value.
    ARCEUS. HAS. NO. VALUE. [/rant]

Anyway, yeah, there are probably just too many nooby 9-year-olds with computers for there to be any chance that something else would win.

Regardless, iirc, Arceus has only ever been released through live events, so, yeah...

Still would rather see a Shaymin or something else, though. :/

My Friend Safari is Light type.

i'm happy arceus won because it's not readily available to obtain, but i'd have prefered something more classic, like mew, or celebi. mew's the holy grail, for me, because it was the first event legendary, it's so seminal, and versatile in-game too.
    Diamond team - White team - current White trainees -

Legendaries who have deigned to travel the (in-game) worlds with me -

...Arceus isn't obtainable in America. This is going to be the first time. I don't know where you live, but here, we're loving it

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal15 View Post
    ARCEUS. HAS. NO. VALUE. [/rant]

Anyway, yeah, there are probably just too many nooby 9-year-olds with computers for there to be any chance that something else would win.

Regardless, iirc, Arceus has only ever been released through live events, so, yeah...

Still would rather see a Shaymin or something else, though. :/
    Yup, and those kids were smarter, voting for a god, and not a jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by willsgb View Post
    i'm happy arceus won because it's not readily available to obtain, but i'd have prefered something more classic, like mew, or celebi. mew's the holy grail, for me, because it was the first event legendary, it's so seminal, and versatile in-game too.
    Mew is available on Haley's My Pokemon Ranch. It's not too hard to get anymore...

I voted for Riollu, but turns out Lucario's now available. Cool and all, but it's only in JAPAN T_T
    Meh, working on sig...

i agree with willsgb

white fc:4814-0055-9349

I Have Claimed the SELF COOKING BACON! EMBOAR

Quote Originally Posted by aurasageluke View Post
    ...Arceus isn't obtainable in America. This is going to be the first time. I don't know where you live, but here, we're loving it
    I think you're forgetting that there was atleast one Arceus event in America and that was for the movie so this isn't the first time we are getting Arceus.

This is a signature.

That is Ran.

i live in america too, and dont get me wrong, ill happily take a free arceus, but still

white fc:4814-0055-9349

I Have Claimed the SELF COOKING BACON! EMBOAR

I don't like Arceus. It's SO overated.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarishipper4ever View Post
    Is it really?

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Yeah that's kind of how I feel. It just seems to me like everywhere I look people are talking about Arceus being the supreme pokemon and all and I feel like it stomped all over the other event exclusive pokemon. Like you could find an Arceus for trade pretty much anywhere but you hardly ever see Jirachi, Mew, Shaymin, etc. events :/ Just my opinion.

Mew is available on Haley's My Pokemon Ranch. It's not too hard to get anymore...

I voted for Riollu, but turns out Lucario's now available. Cool and all, but it's only in JAPAN T_T
    o.O I thought there was an event in D/P/Pt for Arceus in America a couple of years ago. And I live in America Im not saying that Im not happy about it, Im just kind of disappointed that out of all the event exclusive pokemon, Arceus won.

True but not that many people (at least that I know of) have My Pokemon Ranch.

I voted for Jirachi ^^
    Credit ~ Dynablade, Mew_ ,+ LyreBirdGirl
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/14sduhg.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/nf1gm9.png[/IMG]
    My shinies:20 eggs1,770 eggs2,030 eggsRNGx2Random
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ohlgtx.png[/IMG]Currently hunting: 2,160 eggs 3DS Friend Code: 0147-0138-4718
    Electric Safari (Dedenne, Pikachu, + Luxio)

But we could have gotten imitator ditto from the event, and instead we got arceus from the event, which so many people already have. No one has imitator ditto yet (legally), and it would at least bring something new to the metagame.
    Last edited by Asbestospoison; 10th January 2012 at 1:06 PM.

It's imposter, not imiatater
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Damn, did arceus win the vote for a pokemon thing? You think people would think and vote for a pokemon.

I'm just happy that the mudkip spammers didn't get what they wanted.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

As disappointing as it is that Arceus won, at least on the brightside, you can now obtain Arceus legally in a different ball. Although it'd be nice if it actually got a special move.

^ Yes, indeed. I still say that Ditto would have been a better choice if it had won (I voted for it). The reason is that sometimes a Choice Scarf copy of your enemy can be devastating to their whole team. Plus, if you transform into a flying type, you don't get that annoying 25% HP loss every time you switch in.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

Quote Originally Posted by ikarishipper4ever View Post
    looks at the god of pokemon...yes, yes it is overrated...but a lot of things are overrated and some things deserve to be overrated...like say...lucario, or zoroark, or charizard, or garchomp...just cause they are overrated doesn't mean they aren't good pokemon...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Become a challenger of the weather league if you want some battling action! Also, there are currently two gym spots available (rock and ground). So come on and join!!!!

[IMG]http://i42.*******.com/68v687.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/1z5qfqw.png[/IMG]
    Credit to mew_.

Yeah, I agree that Arceus is overrated. I never really liked Arceus in the first place.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

true, i could get manaphy and mew that way, but i don't even have a wii, which throws a spanner into the works of that plan

Yeah that's kind of how I feel. It just seems to me like everywhere I look people are talking about Arceus being the supreme pokemon and all and I feel like it stomped all over the other event exclusive pokemon. Like you could find an Arceus for trade pretty much anywhere but you hardly ever see Jirachi, Mew, Shaymin, etc. events :/ Just my opinion.

I voted for Jirachi ^^
    i guess arceus' stats and ability to be any type, as well as being a God, mythological or otherwise, makes it appealing to a lot of people;

and i also voted for jirachi! i have to admit that when i saw the promotion come up, i hastily clicked on the rarest pokemon i could see on the screen at the time, which was the little star. but even if i'd taken the time to properly read the rules and not failed at something so simple, jirachi still would have been among the few i'd have picked from - mew, celebi, darkrai, shaymin, manaphy, possibly zoroark, or this guy who i'd really like to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    But we could have gotten imitator ditto from the event, and instead we got arceus from the event, which so many people already have. No one has imitator ditto yet (legally), and it would at least bring something new to the metagame.
    i think the problem is i've only just become aware of the metagame outside of the in-game play; i've been playing mainly as a collector up until this point. i only just understood what RNGing and EV training actually are a month ago. i guess that makes me a noob, but when i looked at which one i'd want to befriend out of those available, i immediately leaned towards the rarest of them.

i guess picking something that's really rare to win a promotion that makes it considerably less rare removes some of the value that rarity gave it in itself, but it's what won the vote.

and besides, i've seen a lot of talk about imposter ditto, and to be fair, it does sound like an intriguing prospect for wifi play; removing the need to waste a move transforming opens up the need for a new element of tactical thinking; a new threat to be wary of - my own powerhouse being thrown back at me by the imposter.

but in recent months, the dream world's seen 2 new areas added, and serebii and bulbapedia say that a couple of new pokes were introduced to the sparkling sea section of it, so who's to say imposter ditto won't be placed in the manor, or the forest or wherever, at some point?
    Diamond team - White team - current White trainees -

Legendaries who have deigned to travel the (in-game) worlds with me -

I like fire starters; not the things that start wild fires;
    The fire starters usually end up dual type, and fire looks cool.
    Also,fire starters have either uber special attack, physical attack,
    or speed. Yea, they're pretty beast that way.

I like fire starters; not the things that start wild fires;
    The fire starters usually end up dual type, and fire looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by viker2 View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say that. Charizard's highest stat, its special attack, is only base 102 if I remember correctly.

EDIT: 109. That's better than I thought; but I still wouldn't call it uber.

^ Click this for good times ^

Page 415 of 477 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465 ... LastLast