Page 437 of 478 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 11938

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17
    Ah favorites....well for me, nothing is superior to serperior!!
    lol that was pretty funny. u used "tickle" on my funny bone :P

Quote Originally Posted by dooshies
    I have one on my team, and I've trained it since it was a wee little Gabite!
    wee little Gabite = wee bit of an oxymoron

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I've never picked a favorite starter type, I always just picked which one i liked best. But now knowing the game mechanics a little more, I usually go by base stats. My favorite starter would probably be Swampert! To be able to start with water and ground, giving you a moveset like Surf Blizzard Icebeam Earthquake (my moveset) always left the elite four in their tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by DragoniteDungeon View Post
    I've never picked a favorite starter type, I always just picked which one i liked best. But now knowing the game mechanics a little more, I usually go by base stats. My favorite starter would probably be Swampert! To be able to start with water and ground, giving you a moveset like Surf Blizzard Icebeam Earthquake (my moveset) always left the elite four in their tracks!
    In-game, that moveset works, but it's not very good. You have two ice moves when you only need one, and you are mixing special and physical attacks on a Pokemon that is much better at physical attacks than it is at special. Waterfall and Ice Punch are much better moves for Swampert than Surf and Ice Beam/Blizzard.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    In-game, that moveset works, but it's not very good. You have two ice moves when you only need one, and you are mixing special and physical attacks on a Pokemon that is much better at physical attacks than it is at special. Waterfall and Ice Punch are much better moves for Swampert than Surf and Ice Beam/Blizzard.
    Considering you can only start with Mudkip in RSE, adding those moves won't do any good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Considering you can only start with Mudkip in RSE, adding those moves won't do any good.
    The OP said his favorite starter was Mudkip, not that he was playing RSE where he HAD to start with it. You can use Mudkip in any Gen III, IV, or V game. And, Mudkip can learn both Waterfall and Ice Punch in RSE. It learns Ice Punch from a tutor in Emerald.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

The OP said his favorite starter was Mudkip, not that he was playing RSE where he HAD to start with it.
    To be able to start with water and ground, giving you a moveset like Surf Blizzard Icebeam Earthquake (my moveset) always left the elite four in their tracks!
    And, Mudkip can learn both Waterfall and Ice Punch in RSE. It learns Ice Punch from a tutor in Emerald.
    Waterfall and Ice Punch are inferior to Surf and Ice Beam.

Waterfall and Ice Punch are inferior to Surf and Ice Beam.
    Not on a physical attacker. Not since Gen4 that is.
    Just another generic signature.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetica View Post
    Not on a physical attacker. Not since Gen4 that is.
    And in what generation is Mudkip available as a starter?

Well, 3rd.

But if I want to be a weenie, I could say it's in 4th, HG/SS.

But in that game, it's not a...'starter', persay.

it's still an indecent moveset. what would you do against a ludicolo?

for 3rd gen, i would pick a similar moveset for the sake of STAB and grass-type defense

surf
    earthquake
    ice beam
    double edge

i would get rid of blizzard due to low pp and accuracy, and add double edge because it is physical and powerful

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Like varanus_komodoensis said (you even quoted him):

The OP said his favorite starter was Mudkip, not that he was playing RSE where he HAD to start with it. You can use Mudkip in any Gen III, IV, or V game. And, Mudkip can learn both Waterfall and Ice Punch in RSE. It learns Ice Punch from a tutor in Emerald.
    Just another generic signature.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetica View Post
    Like varanus_komodoensis said (you even quoted him):
    Like the OP said (I even quoted him):

To be able to start with water and ground, giving you a moveset like Surf Blizzard Icebeam Earthquake (my moveset) always left the elite four in their tracks!
    This is really going nowhere.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/09/05...lved-mysteries

Does anyone have an answer for any of these so called "unanswered questions of Pokemon"

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post

Does anyone have an answer for any of these so called "unanswered questions of Pokemon"
    Apparently this is how you fly on a Pidgey

Spoiler:- large picture:

Odd how they bash vanilitte for being an inanimate object but they say nothing about magnemite.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Why are they even asking how Grass beats Water? It makes plenty of sense, certainty alot more than most of the type chart.
    No sig. Deal with it.

I have theories for a couple of them. For "What do people eat in the Pokemon universe?", there ARE some references to people eating Pokemon in the original Gen I and II games and *I think* in the Season 1 anime. In Gold, Silver, and Crystal, Team Rocket is taking over the well in Azalea Town because they want to cut the tails off of Slowpoke and sell them, because Slowpoke tail is delicious and considered a delicacy. When you get the Slowpoketail from a Team Rocket member, the description underneath it even says, "very tasty", and the Team Rocket members talk about people eating it.

I also think that somewhere (maybe in the anime?) there is a reference to people eating Farfetch'd. And I'm almost positive that there is an episode where Magikarp is shown on a dinner platter.

And for "Why do some Pokemon look like inanimate objects?", I think there are a few explanations.

For Pokemon like Magnemite/Magneton, Grimer/Muk, and Voltorb/Electrode, perhaps it is possible that some really strong magnets and/or Poke Balls were exposed to some sort of experiment where they were given life in a Frankenstein-like fashion? Kind of like how Porygon is a man-made Pokemon?

And then for things like the Vanillite family, I like to think that the question is backwards - it's not "why is Vanillite based on an inanimate object", it's "why is an inanimate object based on Vanillite". I think that Vanillite evolved, over millions of years, just like all the other Pokemon, to look like it does, and ice cream cones themselves are based off of the Pokemon, not the other way around.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 6th September 2012 at 3:08 AM.

-------

It's a Main starter in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, however it's obtainable from in Heartgold/Souldilver after you fulfill certain requirements.
    Disturb not the harmony of fire, ice or lightning, lest these titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash. Though the water's great guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail, and thus the earth shall turn to ash. O Chosen One, into thine hands bring together all three. Their powers combined tame the Beast of the Sea.

I really wish they made a phychic type started man o man

Quote Originally Posted by rvd56712 View Post
    I really wish they made a phychic type started man o man
    As much as I want a pure Psychic-type starter too, it won't happen, simply because of what constitutes a trio of starter types. ):

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Can you guys help me out on this PokeFarm thing XD I just joined and I want my Cyndaquil to hatch
    [url=http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDuT2FuN3GRrm]
    Just click on the egg and then click hold

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCyndaquil View Post
    Can you guys help me out on this PokeFarm thing XD I just joined and I want my Cyndaquil to hatch
    [url=http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDuT2FuN3GRrm]
    Just click on the egg and then click hold
    You should put this kind of stuff in your signature.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

So, I was considering my team for Black 2, and noticed that I really wanted to have both Lucario and Magnezone on my team. (I also wanted Aggron, but Aron is obtained too late in the game for my tastes.) I'm not sure which 'mon to use. I noticed that Magnezone generally has a higher stat total than Lucario, but there's always the many Dark users for Lucario to takedown with Fighting moves. So, should I go with the metallic Anubis, or the electric UFO? Or, should I use both together and just rotate for whoever I need? (By the way, my other team members will be Serperior, Golduck, Arcanine, Crobat, and Flygon.)
    Author thread post:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...6&postcount=80
    Claims: Archeops, Rival Silver, and Zoo Tycoon 2

Favourite Pokémon: (etc)

Quote Originally Posted by ga'hoolefan View Post
    So, I was considering my team for Black 2, and noticed that I really wanted to have both Lucario and Magnezone on my team. (I also wanted Aggron, but Aron is obtained too late in the game for my tastes.) I'm not sure which 'mon to use. I noticed that Magnezone generally has a higher stat total than Lucario, but there's always the many Dark users for Lucario to takedown with Fighting moves. So, should I go with the metallic Anubis, or the electric UFO? Or, should I use both together and just rotate for whoever I need? (By the way, my other team members will be Serperior, Golduck, Arcanine, Crobat, and Flygon.)
    I would go with Lucario. Both can be obtained early in the game, but I think Lucario is generally the better choice.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

In game wise.. Well...

I actually regretted choosing Lucario and switched it with a WILD Mamoswine for Lucario. Eh... He's kinda meh in game. Competitive is another story. He's rather useless in E4 actually, I suggest Magnezone.

Resists all E4 member except fighting guy.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Page 437 of 478 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447 ... LastLast