Page 455 of 477 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,375 of 11916

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

i like the pokedex entries, i think its good to give pokemon a bit more character than all the airy fairy ones in the anime. Besides it could describe pokemon traits in the game's world as oppose to what we see in the anime.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

like the others said, the pokedex is nothing but flavor text and shouldn't be be taken at face value, but LMAO that was hilarious. I give you credit (or whoever thought that up)

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

i like how in the pokemon adventures manga series they make many references to the pokedex entries and pokemon usually have the characteristics the pokedex describes.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Default On the topic of Shellder and Evolution

It's been around in Gen I, and it's simple enough: A Shellder bites a Slowpoke's tail/head, and the Slowpoke evolves into Slow-bro/king. It has been shown that Slowpoke attract other Pokemon (such as Magikarp and Goldeen), but they have been discarded quickly. It has also been shown that Shellder and Cloyster clamp onto other Pokemon (such as Misty's Psyduck); these have also been quickly discarded.

As mentioned in multiple PokeDex entries, it is the Poison that Shellder secrete that cause the evolution. However, the only Poison move they learn is Toxic, which is learned by all Pokemon that learn TMs.

So what is it about Shellder- or Slowpoke, if you wish- that creates an evolution not found in other Pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

I'm not exactly sure, I believe it might to do something with the two brains connecting through the bite. Sorry,
    But that's the best explanation I could think of.

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

Shellder does seem to have roughly the same mental state as a Slowmon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

I like Zoroark, as you can see in my avatar! It's Illusion ability is so fun! I also love how the one given to you in B2W2 was N's! (As a Zorua). Plus, I think we needed more Pokemon that start with the letter Z.
    Last edited by garretslarrity; 17th July 2013 at 6:45 PM. Reason: My original post no longer made any sense.
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

why are people so obsessed with eevee? im mean its a cool pokemon but still...
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    why are people so obsessed with eevee? im mean its a cool pokemon but still...
    Eevee itself is not special, it's what it can do. A Pokemon that can evolve into 8 different Pokemon! Also, look at how it is being used in the Sixth Generation, Sylveon is a perfect way to show off the new Fairy type!

I also think the Second Generation should have have a Dark and Steel Eeveelution, rather than Dark and Psychic to show off the new Dark and Steel types, but I can't really complain since I love Espeon!
    Last edited by garretslarrity; 16th July 2013 at 8:40 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

When starting off my journey in pokemon red I always chose Charmander because in my opinion he is the best

Hey! I will start off by saying, I LOVE FLAREON!!!

And now I wait for comments on my comment...

Quote Originally Posted by garretslarrity View Post
    Eevee itself is not special, it's what it can do. A Pokemon that can evolve into 8 different Pokemon! Also, look at how it is being used in the Sixth Generation, Sylveon is a perfect way to show off the new Fairy type!

I also think the Second Generation should have have a Dark and Steel Eeveelution, rather than Dark and Psychic to show off the new Dark and Steel types, but I can't really complain since I love Espeon!
    I can understand its evolution theme being cool if it we were still playing gold and silver but now its just kinda expected to have new types every gen.

I can understand its evolution theme being cool if it we were still playing gold and silver but now its just kinda expected to have new types every gen.
    Expected? We didn't have new Eeveelutions in Gen's 3 & 5. I don't think people expect new ones in every generation.

By look Umbreon is my favorite Eeveelution!

In Game I prefer: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Glaceon or Espeon!

Expected? We didn't have new Eeveelutions in Gen's 3 & 5. I don't think people expect new ones in every generation.
    alright........every other generation.

alright........every other generation.
    Fair enough!

How is that related to this at all?
    ....umm, it's an existing thread where you discuss about any Pokemon you want, including Eeveelutions? Yeah, I think that's what it is

Merging into Pokemon Discussion thread.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I love Haxorus its got an amazing base 147 Attack and my favourite thing to do with it is use Swords dance 3 times while its holding a persim berry and then use Outrage. *insert evil laughter*

Quote Originally Posted by Scolipedeluv View Post
    I love Haxorus its got an amazing base 147 Attack and my favourite thing to do with it is use Swords dance 3 times while its holding a persim berry and then use Outrage. *insert evil laughter*
    This would work in-game, but there's no way your Haxorus would survive through 3 Swords Dances in a Wifi competition! It really only needs one anyway, since its Attack stat is already through the roof.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Scolipedeluv View Post
    Interesting. I use a Garchomp with Swords Dance instead because of his bulkiness and speed. I also have a Scizor with Swords Dance since its Steel type is obviously resistant to quite a few other types, so I get lucky more often than not in the Subway in B/W 2. :P

There are only two Eevee evolutions that I like which are Vaporeon and Sylveon. My feelings about cute and cuddly animals have always been neutral. (Dogs, Cats, etc.) Vaporeon is a strange Eeveelution mostly due to the way it looks compared to the others. IMO it looks awesome. I also like the fact that it uses camouflage when it is in water. I mainly like Sylveon because of the way it looks. Seriously, what's with the ribbons made of flesh? That's just weird but I like it at the same time.

Are you sure your opinion won't change when you actually get to use the Pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

My Name is Ben, and I like pokemon. That is all.

Shines I own/owned: Drifblim, Golurk, Bannette

Help me hatch my above eggs! ^

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGligar View Post
    My Name is Ben, and I like pokemon. That is all.
    You're in the right place, then.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

So as you can see my favorite Pokemon is Latias ;p I know it's not really the strongest legendary out there but ever since the movie Heroes came out i've been in love with it ! I've defeated the Elite 4 in Emerald, mostly using my Latias and won many Wi-fi battles. Do any of you guys know what moves are the best for Latias ? From the top of your head ? What moves would make Latias a strong opponent ?

Page 455 of 477 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465 ... LastLast