Page 457 of 478 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,425 of 11936

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Hi! I'm looking for someone that can trade me a darkrai
    I got dragonite, gyarados, scizor, charizard and mewtwo all in shiny that i can trade for it
    I prefer it to be at as low lvl as possible

Quote Originally Posted by zylox View Post
    Hi! I'm looking for someone that can trade me a darkrai
    I got dragonite, gyarados, scizor, charizard and mewtwo all in shiny that i can trade for it
    I prefer it to be at as low lvl as possible
    Sorry you got the wrong thread. This thread discuss Pokemon themselves, not trading...

Anyways, yeah. I was always imagined Smeagle growing wings to fly, and Dodrio having hidden wings inside it's puffball body or something like that...

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

I never really put any sort of thought into how smeargle does it I just sorta rolled with it. My brain hurts thinking about how smeargle does it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    My microwave is shooting electricity from the back and it's scaring me.

Clearly Smeargle's tail works as a propeller or something. Cartoon logic.

I am trying to figure out the workings of the Pokedex & the more I think about it, the more my head turns into oatmeal. I don't know if I'm the only one, but this doesn't make any sense to me.

Ok let's say I want to tell somebody, (just for example) I have this part of my Pokedex completed - all of the Sinnoh & Johto regions or something. As I was trying to look up what I had complete/missing, I noticed there were discrepencies in the numbering of different places.
    And I'm not just talking about #1 on a regional list being different from #1 on the national list, for example! Aaaaah.

It seems like there were a couple of changes at different times. So is there ANYBODY who is even able to know what another person is referring to?? Like, if I say I have Pokemon #38, that can mean several different things, right?? Or no? Am I horribly confused? I'm......what!?! Obviously it means one thing for one region & another for a different region, but it looks to me like the national list may have even changed at least once. What is up with that? I'm just trying to find some logic in all this.

And not only that but it looks like a couple of the regions share some Pokemon. What he heck? Coudlnt they just start with #1 and go straight up??

Quote Originally Posted by YaelleG View Post
    I am trying to figure out the workings of the Pokedex & the more I think about it, the more my head turns into oatmeal. I don't know if I'm the only one, but this doesn't make any sense to me.

Ok let's say I want to tell somebody, (just for example) I have this part of my Pokedex completed - all of the Sinnoh & Johto regions or something. As I was trying to look up what I had complete/missing, I noticed there were discrepencies in the numbering of different places.
    And I'm not just talking about #1 on a regional list being different from #1 on the national list, for example! Aaaaah.

It seems like there were a couple of changes at different times. So is there ANYBODY who is even able to know what another person is referring to?? Like, if I say I have Pokemon #38, that can mean several different things, right?? Or no? Am I horribly confused? I'm......what!?! Obviously it means one thing for one region & another for a different region, but it looks to me like the national list may have even changed at least once. What is up with that? I'm just trying to find some logic in all this.

And not only that but it looks like a couple of the regions share some Pokemon. What he heck? Coudlnt they just start with #1 and go straight up??
    With that, they mean the Pokémon introduced in that Generation.

Like, if they Kanto, they mean the Pokémon #1-#151.
    If Johto, #152-#251.
    If Hoenn, #252-#386.
    If Sinnoh, #387-#493.
    If Unova, #494-#649.

All by their number in the National Dex. Listing.

I just wanna say .. I want a Pokemon!!!! :P

Pikachuuuu
    nada

Hey I am the ultimate oshawott fan and I love it so much that I've hatched 85 of them.
    I CAME IN WITH A PIKACHU

I wish they would put better thought/imagination into the new pokemon, now they are very similar to animals as to before they had more of a "I wonder what this pokemon is"
    Freelance Graphic Designer & Web Developer
    Portfolio: www.intoadaze.net

Current Game: Fire Red(I'm starting over)
    1st Team:

2st Team: (Back Ups)

Quote Originally Posted by intoadaze View Post
    I wish they would put better thought/imagination into the new pokemon, now they are very similar to animals as to before they had more of a "I wonder what this pokemon is"
    I agree with you to a certain extent. I felt this way in Gen 5, not so much this gen. But, all gens have some misfits. Gen 1 had a lot of Pokemon based on animals, like Arcanine, Pidgeot, etc. But they were much more obvious in Gen 5 than the majority of earlier gens. We had obvious dogs, monkeys, etc. Even this new gen's starters. Chespin is the least obvious. It's clearly a rodent, but you can't really identify it exactly. But the others have such obvious inspirations, whereas Gens 1 and 2. Squirtle is a turtle, Charmander is a reptile fire thing, and Bulbasaur is a dog-frog-lizard-dinosaur, Cyndaquil is a ... mammal, Totodile is a croc, and Chikorita - what the hell is this thing?. To be fair, the water starters have always been the most obvious.

I'm not on much anymore...

I think that if pokemon were real, itd get PETA all angry about battles. But it wouldnt be PETA, itd be PETP ( People for the Ethical Treatment of Pokemon ) So we'd have no fun.
    This is just a thought that helps me sleep at night.
    Itd be fun to have a Cyndaquil though, just to have it curl up next to me on cold winter nights
    I never told a lie, and that makes me a liar.
    I never made a bet, but we gamble with desire.
    I never lit a match with intent to start a fire,
    but recently the flames are getting out of control...

Credit to Inferno Productions, Starstruck Studios, and Dahrue for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by JaseyRae View Post
    I think that if pokemon were real, itd get PETA all angry about battles. But it wouldnt be PETA, itd be PETP ( People for the Ethical Treatment of Pokemon ) So we'd have no fun.
    This is just a thought that helps me sleep at night.
    Itd be fun to have a Cyndaquil though, just to have it curl up next to me on cold winter nights
    If you had a Cyndaquil sleeping next to you, wouldn't its flames burn you while you sleep?

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you had a Cyndaquil sleeping next to you, wouldn't its flames burn you while you sleep?
    Like Ponyta, it can control its flames. No wonder Ash could cling to Ponyta's tail as if it was solid.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

what i dont get is, if battles would be banned, what about even having a pokemon? it would be like that fake movie trailer aPOKElypse. the battles would be underground like a drug trade or something

what i dont get is, if battles would be banned, what about even having a pokemon? it would be like that fake movie trailer aPOKElypse. the battles would be underground like a drug trade or something
    I think it would me more like illegal dog fighting.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I think it would me more like illegal dog fighting.
    Touche sir, but either way PETP would be all up in our grills about pokemon abuse. I would just want to go on an adventure so i could hang out with my pokemon in peace

Touche sir, but either way PETP would be all up in our grills about pokemon abuse. I would just want to go on an adventure so i could hang out with my pokemon in peace
    Oh, I totally agree with you! I just said that because I think it would be less like a black market and more like dog fighting, because a dog fight is pretty much exactly like a Pokemon battle except in the real world. The difference is a dogfight is harmful both physically and psychologically to dogs, whereas Pokemon supposedly LIKE and WANT to have friendly battles and aren't too badly hurt from it.

-------

If Pokemon were real, I have no doubt that there'd be some type of government organization to control it. Sure, we'd get some people like ??? from G/S/C/HG/SS- concerned only about winning and doing whatever it takes to win even to the expense of their Pokemon, but then there'd be people like me who freak out whenever their Pokemon would get a scratch and start bleeding. From what I can tell, Pokemon only die from old age.

If they're anything like PETA of today they'd be lacking any sort of credibility.
    I'm back. And ready for more battling.

[Img]http://i55.*******.com/k1cdxu.gif[/img]
    [Img]http://i56.*******.com/2lx856h.gif[/Img][Img]http://i51.*******.com/206yn8i.gif[/Img]

Thanks to Mew_ and Sarah- for the banner, and PikaPika 677 for the MD animations.

Oh, I totally agree with you! I just said that because I think it would be less like a black market and more like dog fighting, because a dog fight is pretty much exactly like a Pokemon battle except in the real world. The difference is a dogfight is harmful both physically and psychologically to dogs, whereas Pokemon supposedly LIKE and WANT to have friendly battles and aren't too badly hurt from it.
    Pokemon seem to be exceptionally tough, with exceptional fortitude and tolerance of pain.

Wait... if Pokemon like fighting, even though it harms them... is it not a bit like... alcohol addiction?

Then again, maybe not, as the technology in the Pokemon World seems to be much more advanced, allowing for more efficient recovery.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

A dog could still die after sustaining so many injuries from a fight, while Pokémon will just faint. (And I'm not counting Nuzlockes/Blue's Raticate, because Nuzlockes are self-imposed and Blue's Raticate didn't necessarily die from being poisoned and thrashed by my overleved Venusaur.)

This could be explained, A: the Pokedex/Game Screen (I'd like to think they're the same thing for consistency) show when a Pokemon is reaching critical damage, hence why HMs can still be used, B: Pokemon can only die of old age, and C, which covers every Fafetch'd theory that the fanbase has created: (Pokemon are digital/immortal/gods/Pokeballs, PCs, Pokecenters make them these things, etc., etc)

And the only time, to my knowledge, that it says Pokemon are harmed is in the anime, which isn't necessarily great canon. Don't flame though, if anyone says that it can be implied, -they're right. But that's the thing- implied. Never said outright. hich either means that GF wants to avoid that neat piece of trivia from a kid's game, or that they aren't.
    font size one

Hey, I'm new to the forum, and I need some help. I've recently started writing a Fanfiction, called 'The Trials of Caleb Loch', in which the Protaganist becomes the Verudian City Gym Leader. Now, I'm having a little trouble deciding his team. I've already got Altaria and Porygon-Z down, but I still have four empty slots. Does anyone have any suggestions? PM me if you do.

So is anyone else being told they have to have X or Y preordered before they can download the shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina? Because that's what happened to my friends when they went to download it and I can't find anything about having to have the games preordered on the official pokemon website.

FC: 2406-6166-3485 IGN: Emerald

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmeraldKnight View Post
    So is anyone else being told they have to have X or Y preordered before they can download the shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina? Because that's what happened to my friends when they went to download it and I can't find anything about having to have the games preordered on the official pokemon website.
    That is wrong. A pre-order not needed. You should report the employee, and tell your friends to do the same.

Also, you don't even need to talk to the Gamestop employee unless their event distributing DS is off. Just walk in and download it.

Yea I was in there today and they had the DS off. And unfortunately the manager is in on it too. But I'll just have to bring up about how its not on the official site that you need it pre-ordered. Either that or try a different gamestop.

FC: 2406-6166-3485 IGN: Emerald

Yeah, just go to a different store if you can. I never had that problem, and I don't think employees should get away with this kind of disrespect.

Hope you and your friends get your dragons!

Page 457 of 478 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467 ... LastLast