Page 465 of 477 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,625 of 11925

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

  1. #11601
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Route 7, Kalos
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkle View Post
    Has anyone ever had a pokemon they caught/hatched that just didn't have the right iv's or nature but thought it'd be a waste not to use it? I was dual hunting in diamond and HG and found a magnemite in HG's safari zone. One of my favorite pokemon is magneton. So I checked it's iv's and nature, which were adamant with perfect iv's in Hp, atk, spD, and near perfect speed with a water Hp. I sat and thought about how I could use it for a good while. Finally I decided to give it a stall/rain set. So as of now it knows protect, toxic, thunder, and explosion. although it's not competitively probable, it still has it's use. I may switch protect with rain dance later. Overall it's a rare find and I'm sure it'll stay in my party for good while.

    I have, yes. Mostly they're shinies I've wanted to use, but no matter how they turn out, I try to find a place for them nonetheless. I'm awful at creating competitive movesets anyway, so it doesn't matter if they have an uncommon or even neutral nature.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

    I have claimed Pyroar!

  2. #11602
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    I have, yes. Mostly they're shinies I've wanted to use, but no matter how they turn out, I try to find a place for them nonetheless. I'm awful at creating competitive movesets anyway, so it doesn't matter if they have an uncommon or even neutral nature.
    I don't play competitively anymore either. I'd like to have most of my beautifully trained pokemon to be decent at the very least, as I do try my hand at the battle tower now and again. Plus it saves me room in my boxes for teams that I may test run. I normally use a box for pokemon with cute charm, synchronize, suction cups and so on. Then there are boxes for ev trained pokemon and the many shinies I've caught.
    Recent shiny pokemon


    Current shiny collection in Diamond
    x21x11x5x6x15

    Why is it when I shiny hunt I get all cray cray!?...

  3. #11603
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Scizor is an okay pokemon with a pretty awesome look, fury swipes come in handy alot also. I personally never owned a Scizor but have watched many people battle with it. However, my favorite pokemon is Lapras, I own my zlapras in Pokemon X that you get from that girl, and her ability that keeps her opponents from affecting her with water moves is very helpful at times.

  4. #11604
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15

    Wink Forgot to add something

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightslash505 View Post
    Scizor is an okay pokemon with a pretty awesome look, fury swipes come in handy alot also. I personally never owned a Scizor but have watched many people battle with it. However, my favorite pokemon is Lapras, I own my zlapras in Pokemon X that you get from that girl, and her ability that keeps her opponents from affecting her with water moves is very helpful at times.
    Also, another reason I love Lapras, is because it is the first pokemon card I ever got, and the only one I remember playing with as a very young child, including that I just starting remembering stuff when I started playing with pokemon cards with my sister, so the only thing I remember from playing poke cards with her, is that when we would play, it would be if I made one of her pokemon faint, I could take it, and If she made one of my pokemon faint, she could take mine, and all I remember from that is that she made my Lapras faint and she took it from me , but luckily for me, she gave up pokemon so I got all the cards back

  5. #11605
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightslash505 View Post
    Also, another reason I love Lapras, is because it is the first pokemon card I ever got, and the only one I remember playing with as a very young child, including that I just starting remembering stuff when I started playing with pokemon cards with my sister, so the only thing I remember from playing poke cards with her, is that when we would play, it would be if I made one of her pokemon faint, I could take it, and If she made one of my pokemon faint, she could take mine, and all I remember from that is that she made my Lapras faint and she took it from me , but luckily for me, she gave up pokemon so I got all the cards back
    The original holo lapras? I thought I had traded away all my cards (two binders full) for 250$ years back. Come to find out recently, I still have five sleeves of cards left. Happily the holo scyther card my cousin gave me for my B-day was in there. I also still have my holo lapras, sandslash, snorlax, zapdos, porygon2, and gyarados. Plus others like kingdra, azumarill, dusclops, torkoal, metang, eevee and so on. Lapras and scyther though were two of my favorite cards because they represented family and friendship for me back when I was younger and still to this day.
        Spoiler:
    Recent shiny pokemon


    Current shiny collection in Diamond
    x21x11x5x6x15

    Why is it when I shiny hunt I get all cray cray!?...

  6. #11606
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    That's why Hitmonchan is one of my favorite Pokemon. I've only used it once in the video games (a Crystal playthrough when Tyogre hatched from the Day Care egg), but Hitmonchan was the best card in my TCG deck. I ran a Haymaker deck, meant to cause fast damage to my opponents. It was my favorite deck and the one I used as a gym leader for my local TCG league. Hitmonchan won me so many matches that I would have lost otherwise.

    Now I'm thinking of selling off all my old Pokemon TCG cards, but I'm keeping my Haymaker deck because of all the memories attached to it.

  7. #11607
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    378

    Default

    I like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee because it's Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee.

    I still have all my old pokemon cards, even though I never play with them anymore. They remind me of a friend of mine that I haven't seen in 6 years, and every once in a while I take them out to reminisce. My favorite was a Delta Raquaza I had, but I could never use it because I didn't have Steel-type energy, so I just kept it safe.

  8. #11608
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkle View Post
    The original holo lapras? I thought I had traded away all my cards (two binders full) for 250$ years back. Come to find out recently, I still have five sleeves of cards left. Happily the holo scyther card my cousin gave me for my B-day was in there. I also still have my holo lapras, sandslash, snorlax, zapdos, porygon2, and gyarados. Plus others like kingdra, azumarill, dusclops, torkoal, metang, eevee and so on. Lapras and scyther though were two of my favorite cards because they represented family and friendship for me back when I was younger and still to this day.
        Spoiler:
    My Lapras Card reminds me of the old days when I didn't have to go to school, and when me and my sister didnt fight like we do now
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

  9. #11609
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Well guys, I finally got my favorite form of Vivillon. The Ocean form of Vivillon was always pretty to me, and I traded a spare Thundurus for it. I really wanted that form. The registered location was Réunion, France.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  10. #11610
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Avia, Ransei
    Posts
    389

    Default

    That sounds awesome you finally got the form you were hunting for! I started to collect the forms, myself, and I have yet to get an Ocean one ^.^ Congrats!
    Claimed Braviary, Masamune Date, and Pokemon Conquest
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

  11. #11611
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    That sounds awesome you finally got the form you were hunting for! I started to collect the forms, myself, and I have yet to get an Ocean one ^.^ Congrats!
    Truth be told, I didn't actively hunt for it. I was looking in the GTS today for Vivillon, and found that opportunity.

    But thank you, I appreciate it. ^^

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  12. #11612
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Avia, Ransei
    Posts
    389

    Default

    No problem! I don't hunt for Vivillon forms often, I kinda stumble upon them every once in a while!
    And that's pretty lucky to get on the GTS. I am always too late when I see a golden opportunity ^.^'
    Claimed Braviary, Masamune Date, and Pokemon Conquest
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

  13. #11613
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    The only thing I get OCD about with this trade is the nature of that Thundurus I sent. It was an Adamant one from Dream Radar that I turned it back to Kami form. I mean, Adamant does seem to be a workable nature, and although inferior to Prankster, Defiant can promote its attack. I have this thing were I want to make a fair deal, but that person could just catch another one from the Friend Safari like he/she did on the one they traded previously. Besides, the Vivillon I got was Careful, but I still love it.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  14. #11614
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Avia, Ransei
    Posts
    389

    Default

    I see. I also am a person who likes to make fair trades, but nowadays on the GTS, it is quite impossible. People put up Pokemon easily caught within XY for a legendary you have to manually transfer with Pokemon Bank >.>
    But, besides what I mentioned above, I did trade a spare Zekrom for a Sun Vivillon Pattern! I really like the Sun Pattern, and it is quite rare in my opinion, so it was a deal! :3
    I'm so glad that you are happy with your trade!
    Claimed Braviary, Masamune Date, and Pokemon Conquest
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

  15. #11615
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    I see. I also am a person who likes to make fair trades, but nowadays on the GTS, it is quite impossible. People put up Pokemon easily caught within XY for a legendary you have to manually transfer with Pokemon Bank >.>
    But, besides what I mentioned above, I did trade a spare Zekrom for a Sun Vivillon Pattern! I really like the Sun Pattern, and it is quite rare in my opinion, so it was a deal! :3
    I'm so glad that you are happy with your trade!
    Uf, it's ridiculous sometimes.

    But congrats on your trade! Sun pattern is pretty cool.
    I miss when people used to send out Scatterbugs on the Wonder Trade. I loved evolving them just to see what you get.

  16. #11616
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Oh by the way, I got my Sapphire's battery replenish with the 360 hour save file still attached.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  17. #11617
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    750

    Default

    I still think that Slaking is somewhat based on King Kong.

    I mean whenever I look at Slaking I can't help but to think of King Kong.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

    I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.


  18. #11618
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    I still think that Slaking is somewhat based on King Kong.

    I mean whenever I look at Slaking I can't help but to think of King Kong.
    Despite its name, it looks more like a gorilla, so it could be very possible that it is based off King Kong.
    Here is a column that goes in-depth on some of them.
    I like the pokemon with really creative origin stories. No being Japanese, I enjoy learning more about the folklore and all the monsters and myths. Like the inspiration for Mawile.

    My personal favorite is the article on Mightyena. The reproductive system of hyenas is really unique. Also, the basis of Charmander, the fire-lizard makes him one of my favorite starters.

  19. #11619
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    My personal favorite is the article on Mightyena. The reproductive system of hyenas is really unique.
    Well thank you for recommending that article. Now I have changed my views of preferring a male Mightyena to preferring a female one (like my DW girl) after learning about Hyena society! I've always liked them but never wen out of my way to really look them up.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  20. #11620
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    378

    Default

    I thought it was really fascinating when I stumbled upon it. I wish he would write more!

    But yeah. The hyenas know who is top dog

  21. #11621
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi im kinda new here!! Can someone help me complete my pokedex? I only need certain legendaries and i'll get all of your legendaries back. Message me if you can help!

  22. #11622
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRegirock View Post
    Hi im kinda new here!! Can someone help me complete my pokedex? I only need certain legendaries and i'll get all of your legendaries back. Message me if you can help!
    Try in the trading forum. http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...71-Trade-Forum

  23. #11623
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    Hmm.. Scizor is a good Pokémon. I don't like to use it in competitive. It's mega looks awesome.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

  24. #11624
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    My favorite of the Mega evolutions is Mega Aerodactyl because not only do his defenses gain a nice boost but the attack and the Tough claws ability is convenient, plus I dig that rock beard he gets too.

  25. #11625
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalTriforce View Post
    My favorite of the Mega evolutions is Mega Aerodactyl because not only do his defenses gain a nice boost but the attack and the Tough claws ability is convenient, plus I dig that rock beard he gets too.
    Agreed. Mega Aerodactyl is a beast for me. The tough claws ability was amazing.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Page 465 of 477 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •