Page 478 of 478 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478
Results 11,926 to 11,938 of 11938

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Default boomburst/brave bird taillow with dex nav

are you going to catch a taillow with boomburst or brave bird early in game with dex nav in ORAS? as soon as I get OR I will search for one and won't stop till I get one

edit: typo stol instead of stop

I got the Brave Bird Taillow with the DexNav, purely by accident and it was level 18.
    Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

Gamefreak seems to be making things easier and easier to aquire. With the new DexNav, Pokemon can be easily caught for Egg Moves. Whatever happened to Egg mives coming from Eggs?

Well, it does make it simpler to get good moves and fast. I guess its not totally a bad thing..
    Last edited by Symphony; 6th December 2014 at 3:02 AM. Reason: *** randomly in one word
    Claimed Braviary, Masamune Date, and Pokemon Conquest
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs
    ~Merry Christmas and Happy New Year~

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    Gamefreak seems to be making things easier and easier to aquire. With the new DexNav, Pokemon can be easily caught for Egg Moves. Whatever happened to Egg mives coming from Eggs?

Well, it does make it simpler to get good re****s and fast. I guess its not totally a bad thing..
    It's not just Pokémon.

RuneScape a game I play has also gotten easier over time.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

I dont know why there are *** in that word. I must of got spell checked wrong..

And yea, I agree. The Grand Exchange is what made that easier.

It seems newer games are just easier in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    So... I just noticed that Lucas and Barry appear to be based on Ness and Lucas from the Mother series. Their appearances are nearly identical. I dunno where Dawn comes from, but those two appear to be references to another Nintendo series. Clever.
    I noticed that a few years ago, but I thought it was just me.

Anyway, I really dislike Ralts' evolutionary line right now. They level up way too slowly compared to my other Pokemon in Alpha Sapphire and my OCD when it comes to my team being leveled properly isn't helping matters.

Ralts was always hard to level up. Try getting one from a trade to make it easier to train? I trained a Ralts myself on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I noticed that a few years ago, but I thought it was just me.

Anyway, I really dislike Ralts' evolutionary line right now. They level up way too slowly compared to my other Pokemon in Alpha Sapphire and my OCD when it comes to my team being leveled properly isn't helping matters.
    There is a reason Ralts evolves so slowly, because Gardevior really is a great Pokémon compared to something like Linoone or Mightyena.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

I find it incredibly bizzare that several of the Gen V moves didn't gain any notable distributions in Gen VI, like Hex, Heavy Slam and Inferno, while others like Incinerate, Struggle Bug and Horn Leech were given notable boosts from both learnsets and power.

I guess they will reconsider these if we get the next Kalos games, just like how they redistributed some of the Gen III Tutors and moves in HG/SS. Either that, or they will have to distribute these in Gen VII to the new Pokémon.

Edit: Here's the list;

Last Learned in Gen V:
    Acupressure
    Aqua Ring
    Assurance
    Beat Up
    Blue Flare
    Bolt Strike
    Bone Rush
    Charge
    Cross Poison
    Crush Claw
    Defog
    Dizzy Punch
    Dragon Rage
    Dynamic Punch
    Electro Ball
    Fiery Dance
    Final Gambit
    Fissure
    Focus Energy
    Follow Me
    Force Palm
    Foresight
    Freeze Shock
    Fury Attack
    Fusion Bolt
    Fusion Flare
    Gear Grind
    Glaciate
    Guillotine
    Head Charge
    Heat Crash
    Heavy Slam
    Hex
    Horn Attack
    Hyper Fang
    Ice Burn
    Inferno
    Jump Kick
    Leaf Storm
    Leaf Tornado
    Mach Punch
    Magnet Bomb
    Magnitude
    Meditate
    Mega Punch
    Memento
    Minimize
    Morning Sun
    Mud Bomb
    Night Daze
    Night Shade
    Nightmare
    Ominous Wind
    Pay Day
    Perish Song
    Poison Gas
    Poison Sting
    Present
    Psystrike
    Punishment
    Relic Song
    Revenge
    Rock Blast
    Rock Climb
    Rock Wrecker
    Sand Tomb
    Searing Shot
    Secret Sword
    Self-Destruct
    Shadow Punch
    Sheer Cold
    Shift Gear
    Silver Wind
    Sing
    Slam
    Sludge
    Smelling Salts
    Smog
    Sonic Boom
    Spider Web
    Spit Up
    Spore
    Steamroller
    Stockpile
    Submission
    Swallow
    Synchronoise
    Tail Slap
    Techno Blast
    Telekinesis
    Teleport
    Tri Attack
    Trump Card
    Twineedle
    V-create
    Wake-Up Slap
    Water Spout
    Weather Ball
    Whirlpool
    Wrap
    Last Learned in Gen IV:
    Chatter
    Conversion
    Conversion 2
    Crush Grip
    Dark Void
    Defend Order
    Drill Peck
    Eruption
    Heal Order
    Heart Swap
    Judgment
    Lava Plume
    Lunar Dance
    Magma Storm
    Metronome
    Vacuum Wave*
    Last Learned in Gen III:
    Doom Desire
    Luster Purge
    Mist Ball
    Psycho Boost

Last Learned in Gen II:
    Aeroblast
    Egg Bomb
    Kinesis
    Octazooka
    Rolling Kick
    Sketch
    Soft-Boiled
    Spike Cannon
    Triple Kick

Last Learned in Gen I:
    Barrage
    Bone Club
    Bonemerang
    Lovely Kiss**
    Transform

*Vacuum Wave was a non-permanent Move Tutor.
    **Lovely Kiss was an unavailable Egg Move for Smoochum in G/S.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 16th December 2014 at 8:51 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Vale_Star View Post
    I got the Brave Bird Taillow with the DexNav, purely by accident and it was level 18.
    so not near the start of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Vale_Star View Post
    so not near the start of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    I find it incredibly bizzare that several of the Gen V moves didn't gain any notable distributions in Gen VI, like Hex, Heavy Slam and Inferno, while others like Incinerate, Struggle Bug and Horn Leech were given notable boosts from both learnsets and power.

I guess they will reconsider these if we get the next Kalos games, just like how they redistributed some of the Gen III Tutors and moves in HG/SS. Either that, or they will have to distribute these in Gen VII to the new Pokémon.
    I also don't understand why those move have so little distribution in VI

So I was thinking about having a thread to discuss how to avoid obsolescence in the future generations while keeping the number of Pokémon high, since people were discussing about the lack of new Gen VI Pokémon, even though there were previous complaints about the repetitive nature of Gen V. And in neither argument people discussed the constantly declining former OU Pokémon.

So should I go ahead and do it, should just post it as a post to the Lack of Kalos Pokémon thread?
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post

This is just me, but Ralts' evo line seems pretty easy. Having a base 125 in an offensive stat is pretty high for a level 30 Pokemon.

The only difficult part I found about Ralts' evo line was that she wouldn't get any other STAB move until the late 40's. Of course, that is if you don't Pokebank her to your second game and TM in Psychic/DGleam.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    And yea, I agree. The Grand Exchange is what made that easier.

It seems newer games are just easier in general.
    That's true. This is partly because the first few games in a franchise will just lay down the foundation, introduce the fundamentals, etc. As more games are made, developers have more time to sit back and ask themselves "all right, so we've introduced egg moves, hidden abilities, etc etc. How do we build upon this? How do we change or improve these mechanics? How do we give the players more options?"

One of the most common methods of making a sequel in a franchise is to give the player more choices, more options. In Pokemon's case, these sequels are now offering us more choices on how to pursue egg moves and shiny Pokemon with the Dexnav. Veterans who have spent years SRing, chain breeding, and countlessly encountering wild Pokemon, might see these new options as easier, while newcomers to the franchise might look back at older games and say "What?! I would've had to breed down 6 different chains just for one move? That's way too convoluted." It's all perspective.
    Last edited by Ulicies; 20th December 2014 at 11:45 AM.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

Page 478 of 478 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478