Page 480 of 480 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480
Results 11,976 to 11,992 of 11992

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

So, is the August 2015 CoroCoro here yet?

The last few events have me a bit worried. So far all offensive Fairy-type moves besides Fairy Wind has been used for an event.

Moonblast and Play Rough were given to two different Jirachi.

Draining Kiss was given one of the Cosplay Pikachu.

On top of these, Phantom Force was given to Darkrai. I am starting to think that we won't get a lot of good offensive Gen VI moves as tutors for Zygarde's game(s).

Edit: As a side note, I wonder if the fact that Heart Stamp has become a common event move means it will get a notable boost in the next generation. Then again, Sport moves were used extensively as events in Gen III and were not updated until Gen V.

Edit 2: I guess there is still Disarming Voice.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 10th July 2015 at 11:17 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Salamence

Salamence is OP for two times. Once in Gen 4 and other in Gen 6. It had amazingly huge coverage, being able to attack many Pokémon. With high Attack+Life Orb (Gen 4) it's deadly.

Gen 6 Mega Salamence is deadly with Dragon Dance+Return/Double Edge, making use of Aerialate, which does STAB damage, makes it horribly overpowered.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

So I've been using a Sylveon alot in my X game. I'm really liking its pure power with moves like Dazzling Gleam (not a big fan of Moonblast for some reason) and Echoed Voice, as well as its ability to hamper foes with Charm/Cute charm and such. Plus its good for absorbing those hefty special attacks. I also quite like how its move pool offsets its less than stellar defense. All in all a nicely balanced team member and quickly becoming on of my favourites. I also really like its description with the whole 'trainers best friends thing.

Anyone else a fan? Any good strategies/movesets or comments to share?
    FC: 2793-0682-8766
    Add me, and I'll add you.

Did anybody think Throh was this small dwarflike judoka when first playing White? I'm facing one in OR right now and I just realized how my perception has changed due to the graphic update.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

UUUUUUUUUUULGH! We are in such a news slump as of late! This is the slowest it's been since before HGSS released!

@ Mega Altaria

Though it wasn't Gen IV quality OP, Moxie Mence in Gen V was quite potent. If it weren't for the additions of the Yamis and those blasted other revenge killers it would have eaten it's way back to the top of the food chain. But I think we can all agree it's now officially there.

Rayquaza: a cool looking dragon and a powerful legendary of Hoenn. Became a major OP pokemon when given a mega evolution and a new move. 780 BST and the ability Delta Stream makes Rayquaza a force to be reckon with. Rayquaza joins Mewtwo with the highest bst in the game when mega evolved.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting Pokemon Z and the next pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Though it wasn't Gen IV quality OP, Moxie Mence in Gen V was quite potent. If it weren't for the additions of the Yamis and those blasted other revenge killers it would have eaten it's way back to the top of the food chain. But I think we can all agree it's now officially there.
    What makes me think Salamence is OP in Gen 4 (but probably not in Gen 5, though it's powerful) is because it's in Ubers. OU Pokémon are usually considered a lot above average.

Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    What makes me think Salamence is OP in Gen 4 (but probably not in Gen 5, though it's powerful) is because it's in Ubers. OU Pokémon are usually considered a lot above average.
    salamence has always been my favorite pokemon. I've always used it in all gens. However I really got suprised when XY came out. It had a LOT of competition. It's speed just couldn't reach what it needed and it wasn't powerfull enough to get through the newly intruduced fairy type. ORAS gave it a fresh start. Now with decente IV's and a nice EV spread it can even resist na ice beam. A big jump since na ice shard was deadly in previowa gens. I really iked it's evolution through time.~I would give my opinion about the tier he is in now but I don't play according to tiers. Any pokemon can be defeated. Any pokemon can defeat another. The trainer is what matters. Good thinking, good strategy and a bond between triner na pokemon it's enough to surpass any obstacle in my opinion. (sorry about my speling)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    salamence has always been my favorite pokemon. I've always used it in all gens. However I really got suprised when XY came out. It had a LOT of competition. It's speed just couldn't reach what it needed and it wasn't powerfull enough to get through the newly intruduced fairy type. ORAS gave it a fresh start. Now with decente IV's and a nice EV spread it can even resist na ice beam. A big jump since na ice shard was deadly in previowa gens. I really iked it's evolution through time.~I would give my opinion about the tier he is in now but I don't play according to tiers. Any pokemon can be defeated. Any pokemon can defeat another. The trainer is what matters. Good thinking, good strategy and a bond between triner na pokemon it's enough to surpass any obstacle in my opinion. (sorry about my speling)
    Its Fire Blast can cover Ice types but I rarely see Ice types in competitive other than Weavile, Mamoswine and Kyurem.

Banner created by me

I have a theory (and a really strong desire for it to be true), but I don't know if it has been discussed here before:

Theory - the next gen 6 game will be a prequel/sequel to both ORAS and XY in ONE GAME! Something to tie Zinnia to AZ, like Omega X, Alpha Y, or better yet; Delta Z. Wouldn't it be cool to have a quest that takes the gamer from Hoenn to Kalos (or vice versa) in order to complete the story ark?

Reasons why I think this is a possibility -
    1) In an interview Masuda said they're always looking to surprise the players - merging the storylines of two already existing games would be quite a surprise imo

2)Pokemon’s marketing director gave a cryptic clue about Pokemon in 2016; “flowers.”

3) I think this clue refers to AZ's floette, which appears in ORAS under a tree that AZ planted, located in Sootopolis.

4) I think the clue could also be referencing a famous quote - “When a flower doesn’t bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower.”

5) this quote could refer to both Zygarde, who is the protector of Kalos' ecosystem, and the ORAS games themselves, whose theme is the environment.

I don't know how any of this ties in with Zinnia though, unless AZ's weapon either made her immortal or blasted her into the future?

Fyi - I mentioned this theory in the comment sections of a couple of Pokemon related YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by erebus View Post
    I have a theory (and a really strong desire for it to be true), but I don't know if it has been discussed here before:

Theory - the next gen 6 game will be a prequel/sequel to both ORAS and XY in ONE GAME! Something to tie Zinnia to AZ, like Omega X, Alpha Y, or better yet; Delta Z. Wouldn't it be cool to have a quest that takes the gamer from Hoenn to Kalos (or vice versa) in order to complete the story ark?

Reasons why I think this is a possibility -
    1) In an interview Masuda said they're always looking to surprise the players - merging the storylines of two already existing games would be quite a surprise imo

2)Pokemon’s marketing director gave a cryptic clue about Pokemon in 2016; “flowers.”

3) I think this clue refers to AZ's floette, which appears in ORAS under a tree that AZ planted, located in Sootopolis.

4) I think the clue could also be referencing a famous quote - “When a flower doesn’t bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower.”

5) this quote could refer to both Zygarde, who is the protector of Kalos' ecosystem, and the ORAS games themselves, whose theme is the environment.

I don't know how any of this ties in with Zinnia though, unless AZ's weapon either made her immortal or blasted her into the future?

Fyi - I mentioned this theory in the comment sections of a couple of Pokemon related YouTube videos.
    I definitely think they'll do something more similar to Black 2/White 2 than Crystal/Emerald/Platinum and this would be cool.

i wonder why we never got to face or catch the legendary black tyranitar from johto that was in the manga in heartgold & soulsilver. apparently it took all of the fighting types in the region to weaken it going by bulbepedia.

base stat wise, it should be something like:

HP- 255
    Attk- 134
    Def- 255
    Sp Attk- 35
    SP Def- 100
    Spd- 21

Total- 800

i would like the ability to catch this pokemon in the next pokemon games.
    My friend code is: 3282-3561-5485

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMasterX34 View Post
    i wonder why we never got to face or catch the legendary black tyranitar from johto that was in the manga in heartgold & soulsilver. apparently it took all of the fighting types in the region to weaken it going by bulbepedia.

base stat wise, it should be something like:

HP- 255
    Attk- 134
    Def- 255
    Sp Attk- 35
    SP Def- 100
    Spd- 21

Total- 800

i would like the ability to catch this pokemon in the next pokemon games.

Unfortunately, being from the manga, it has zero chance of making its way to the game. The manga has absolutely nothing to do with Game Freak. That's why we never see it in the game.

Besides, the only Pokemon that will reach 800 BST or higher would be a hypothetical Mega/Primal Arceus

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I don't understand why Diancie can't breed. Obviously I get why it can't produce more Diancie, but it can't produce Carbink either. Despite explicitly originating from it.

However, I have an idea: AZ's Floette is much stronger than its kind, and can learn moves none of the Floette can. Like Diancie, AZ's Floette can't breed despite its progenitor being able to. What if the two share the same basic mutation, only because Diancie was born with it, it became a completely new species rather than just a mutant Carbink.

For all we know, there could be many other legendary Pokemon that mutated from non-legendaries, or weaker legends. For instance, the beast trio from Johto being simple Pokemon who died in the tower, reborn into stronger bodies. There's also Mewtwo, who's an altered Mew. Maybe instead of hybridizing DNA, they simply mutated the Mew zygote's genes to bring out hidden potential
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I don't understand why Diancie can't breed. Obviously I get why it can't produce more Diancie, but it can't produce Carbink either. Despite explicitly originating from it.

However, I have an idea: AZ's Floette is much stronger than its kind, and can learn moves none of the Floette can. Like Diancie, AZ's Floette can't breed despite its progenitor being able to. What if the two share the same basic mutation, only because Diancie was born with it, it became a completely new species rather than just a mutant Carbink.

For all we know, there could be many other legendary Pokemon that mutated from non-legendaries, or weaker legends. For instance, the beast trio from Johto being simple Pokemon who died in the tower, reborn into stronger bodies. There's also Mewtwo, who's an altered Mew. Maybe instead of hybridizing DNA, they simply mutated the Mew zygote's genes to bring out hidden potential
    The reason Diancie can't have Carbink offspring is probably because the mutation it underwent was so drastic that it is genetic structure is too different to mate with others, making it an entirely different species.

I'd also guess that the reason AZ's Floette is unique is because of a combination of exposure to a unique type of flower and the Ultimate Weapon.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Come and join us for 20th Anniversary festivities, they've already begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    The reason Diancie can't have Carbink offspring is probably because the mutation it underwent was so drastic that it is genetic structure is too different to mate with others, making it an entirely different species.

I'd also guess that the reason AZ's Floette is unique is because of a combination of exposure to a unique type of flower and the Ultimate Weapon.
    AZ's Floette is three thousand years old. It's possible the flower it has was common back then, but due to climate change no longer exists in Kalos, or just went extinct.

I have my own theory on Mewtwo, specifically why he was created in-game. Now the manga and anime state it was for and by Team Rocket, but those iterations of Team Rocket are much stronger than their game incarnations. In the games, Team Rocket is never linked to Mewtwo. They aren't the SPECTRE-esque supervillains of the cartoon, they're just a black market/wannabe Yakuza gang which only canonically meddled with Pokemon genetics in Johto

My belief is that, in the games, Mewtwo was created for the Pokemon War. Yes, the same war that Lt Surge was part of. Based on his age, it would fit the time-frames. We know Pokemon are used in war. Could it be that Mewtwo was created as the ultimate weapon, a biological WMD to win the war? The fact is that most legendaries would be inaccessible before the events of the games, would stay away from the human conflict, or were weaker than the psuedo-legendaries others were packing

The solution was to develop a super-powerful Pokemon. They wanted the power of a legendary to do so, and out of the few legendaries available Mew was chosen. It's easy to genetically augment, got a good typing...so they got Dr Fuji to come and find Mew, and develop their clone. They wanted to create the ultimate tool of war, and they got exactly what they wanted

Mega Stones for Mewtwo were developed, when learning of 600 BST Pokemon that could mega evolve. They needed to make sure nothing could top Mewtwo. However the stones were useless, as Mewtwo hated its creators and the army. The soldiers could not form a bond with Mewtwo to make the stones work. Not that it mattered, since Mewtwo fled after destroying the lab it was built

In the non-Mega timeline, Mewtwo decided to live out in Cerluean Cave. In the Mega Timeline, Mewtwo decided to live out in the Unknown Cave in Kalos. Either way, it wasn't until the player character came along that Mewtwo finally found someone who didn't want it for war, but as an actual companion. It is this compassion which Mewtwo had never been given which led it to accept you, and your Mega Stones
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)