Page 51 of 478 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 11938

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    Even though the Dragon discussion seems to be dying down, I can settle it. They all have their own strengths and niches that allow them to outclass each other in one way or another, to the extent that they're all good in different ways. For example Dragonite was always good as a bulky sweeper or support dragon, Garchomp is good as a pure physical sweeper with great STABs, Hydreigon is a good mixed sweeper etc etc. Let's just leave it as most of the Dragons are really strong in their own way.
    But Garchomp loses Outrage in Gen 5, meaning it can only use one great STAB move, so you have to transfer one from the 4th gen games. Same with Salamence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    But Garchomp loses Outrage in Gen 5, meaning it can only use one great STAB move, so you have to transfer one from the 4th gen games. Same with Salamence.
    Earthquake is great, and Dragon Claw doesn't trap it in a move, while Dual Chop breaks subs and sashes. That's 3 "great" STABs.

"Great" is an opinion, and plenty of people think Dual Chop and Earthquake are great.
    Not to sound stupid but what do the terms in this quote mean?
    Soft Reset(reset the game whenever you battle a stationary until you get a shiny) and Madusa Method(putting a pokemon from a different country in the daycare with one that isn't from a different country and hatch the eggs, getting a shiny will be more likely).
    Last edited by Zachmac; 3rd June 2011 at 12:12 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Earthquake is great, and Dragon Claw doesn't trap it in a move, while Dual Chop breaks subs and sashes. That's 3 "great" STABs.

"Great" is an opinion, and plenty of people think Dual Chop and Earthquake are great.
    Thing is players prefer moves with more power, so they'll prefer Outrage over Dragon Claw. Dual Chop is optional if you're really suffering from sub users. Once the third version brings back Outrage, say goodbye to Chomp and Mence in OU.

I know I prefer Outrage.

Try having a Persim Berry on Haxorus with it. Of course, after a Dragon Dance.

What do you guys think of Mienshao? He seems like a great U-Turn user to me, considering his Regenerator ability gives him 33.3% of health every time he is switched out.
    Tryanitar - NO! Don't eat the nice trainer. No, back, no!!! Darn it, Tryanitar! Get back in your pokeball!

Crawdaunt. He has ok (ish) mixed attacking stats, but its poor Base Hp (63), awful defences and speed really let it down. It's a same really, with Accsess to Dragon Dance to boost its attack and pitiful speed to usable levels, as well as its new dream world Ability to boost his Stab Attacks, He may well prove useable in the lower "tiers",(Assuming you follow tiers).

But how can he be improved aside from that? I feel that getting "Shell Smash" would make it a viable pokemon, along with Adaptablity and X-Scissors High Crit hit ratio. But, assuming he got access to it, what sort of evs and nature should I run with it?

Quote Originally Posted by ninboxstation View Post
    Machamp vs Conkledurr, who'd win?

(Machamp and Conkledurr both know Guts, making'em superstrong, stronger than Medicham with Pure Power...., but Medicham's faster, the three of'em Machamp,Conkledurr and Medicham, are kind equal overall?)

that's true, each dragon has his own weaknesses & strengths (and some look cooler than others..., well most dragons look cool anyways )

just when chosing a dragon, Dragonite with the multiscale ist one of the first choices (Dragonite used to be Über, then went down a bit, and now he's should be back up there again, thanx too multiscale), and in a 1:1 he'd should beat any dragon (or anyone) if he's the first pokemon (but when not being the frist to fight, he's then not so overpowered anymore,... depending on the situation)
    Conkeldurr is better than Machamp IMO. It's a good user of Drain Punch and Mach Punch.

Dragonite was never Uber. For the most part it's always been a pretty average OU. Until it got Multi-Scale, and now it's a pretty high OU.
    You can transfer Garchomp and Salamence w/ Outrage over, it just means they can't use their Dream World abilities, which is not that much of a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

"Great" is an opinion, and plenty of people think Dual Chop and Earthquake are great. Soft Reset(reset the game whenever you battle a stationary until you get a shiny) and Madusa Method(putting a pokemon from a different country in the daycare with one that isn't from a different country and hatch the eggs, getting a shiny will be more likely).
    When I talk about great STABs I'm not talking about moves, I'm talking about the typing. Yes, you could say that certain moves being better than others is subjective (though only to an extent- EQ is clearly better than Mud Shot for example) but Garchomp clearly has objectively good typing, with one being a great neutral type with only one resist, and the other being a good super effective type, hitting 5 types SE - one of which is the only thing that resists Dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    Well its no Gardevoir or Gallade, miju.
    Maybe not, but both of those psychic types (along with most psychic types, actually) were sp atk/atk oriented. Gothitelle is more defense than offense - she's the yin to Reuniclus' yang, just like Mandibuzz/Braviary

I happen to love the Gothi line, even if they aren't quite as cool or strong as the Alakazam line or others. A pokemon based on gothic lolita style? I'm there, baby.

And yes, Mienshao is awesome. Get an adamant one with regenerator and u-turn, and you have yourself a friend for life.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I might be alone in thinking this but when it comes to the three fire/fighting starters Emboar is my favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
    I might be alone in thinking this but when it comes to the three fire/fighting starters Emboar is my favorite...
    That would be Blaziken for me. I've always liked KFC.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by My tryanitar ate you View Post
    What do you guys think of Mienshao? He seems like a great U-Turn user to me, considering his Regenerator ability gives him 33.3% of health every time he is switched out.
    I like using Mienshao with U-turn, due to Regenerator, and Acrobatics. If you give it a Flying Gem, Acrobatics' power increases dramatically (it gets the Flying Gem boost and no item boost).

Meinshao is basically this gen's Lucario and the Yin to Zoroark's Yang. If it were to learn Ice Punch in the third game, I will definitely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
    Controversial opinion! Most people hate it. Respect for standing by your opinion though. I prefer Infernape myself, partially thanks to the anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Im hoping the next gen. will lose the fire/fighting combo, it is getting old
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

I want to see Gamefreak come up with more creative typings. Water ground, fire fighting, rock grond... things get old fast. The possible most cool type ever? Ice/Fire. Burning Ice Cubes! EPIC!

JELLO!
        Spoiler:- Click de spoiler for te lolz:

Proud owner of

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    Controversial opinion! Most people hate it. Respect for standing by your opinion though. I prefer Infernape myself, partially thanks to the anime.
    If anything the anime made me dislike Infernape a bit more. By the end it was just like 'The Infernape Show', and other Pokemon as such as Torterra and Buizel who used to be a-MAZ-ing were given a back seat :/

But yeah next gen, if there's another Fire/Fighting I'm gonna bawl my eyes out.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by GuardChomp View Post
    I want to see Gamefreak come up with more creative typings. Water ground, fire fighting, rock grond... things get old fast. The possible most cool type ever? Ice/Fire. Burning Ice Cubes! EPIC!
    Ice/Fire type would be really cool, plus having STAB Ice Beam AND STAB Flamethrower would be absolutely amazing. Now all we need is an actual creature/object we can base a Pokemon off of that would fit ice/fire...
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Palkia98 View Post
    Im hoping the next gen. will lose the fire/fighting combo, it is getting old
    Unless the first gym is associated with rocks.

There hasn't been a purely new Rock/Ground type since Gen 1 (Rhyperior doesn't count), and having a Water/Ground type is now a major tradition, and maybe next gen we'll have one with Sap Sipper, thus making the other traditional Pokemon w/ no weakness.

Unless the first gym is associated with rocks.

There hasn't been a purely new Rock/Ground type since Gen 1 (Rhyperior doesn't count), and having a Water/Ground type is now a major tradition, and maybe next gen we'll have one with Sap Sipper, thus making the other traditional Pokemon w/ no weakness.
    They could make it part Steel Type, Metal Claw? :S And Water/Ground Sap Sipper would be awesome. A Fire/Ice would be really hard to design, but really cool if pulled off well not to mention another addition to the plethora of Pokemon who are a Grass Type's nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    They could make it part Steel Type, Metal Claw?
    Bad, 4x weakness to a common type combined with a potential bad stat spread = NU.

Bad, 4x weakness to a common type combined with a potential bad stat spread = NU.
    Well Torterra has 4x weakness to Ice, Swampert to Grass, Charizard to Rock. It's not uncommon for a starter to have a 4x weakness to relatively common types. Plus Empoleon is part Steel, and I really like Empoleon. Aaaand Steel would give it lots of other nice resistances, as well as nulifying its previous weakness to Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    They could make it part Steel Type
    aggron and bastilidon say hi

I have claimed Giratina

Oh wait, I thought Geekachu was talking about a Fire/Steel starter. So yeah, Rock/Steel will still suffer the same fate as Rock/Ground for two 4x weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    aggron and bastilidon say hi
    How is that even relevant? We're talking about starters

And hello to them two too if they just want a nice conversation

Oh wait, I thought Geekachu was talking about a Fire/Steel starter. So yeah, Rock/Steel will still suffer the same fate as Rock/Ground for two 4x weaknesses.
    I was...

Torterra was UU for its 4x weakness and its slow speed, even with Rock Polish, and Stealth Rock is the one thing players dread the most, so they have to avoid using Pokemon with crippling weaknesses to that move, which thus hinder Charizard's use. Swampert made it to OU because its typing allows it to have only one weakness, which isn't so common.

Page 51 of 478 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast