Page 483 of 483 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483
Results 12,051 to 12,064 of 12064

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by totodile360 View Post
    yes i have always wondered a similar things in regards to the machop line. why don't female machoke and machamp look more like models, or even female body builders. i mean it doesn't make any sense to have a Pokémon line that is based on a male wrestler, a human conception to have no sexual dimorphism. because female wrestlers do exist.
    The Machop line are not a human wrestlers though. They're Pokemon that happen to look like human male wrestlers. It makes perfect sense, because that's just what they are. Just as different species in the real world have different gender attributes, so too do Pokemon. No dimorphism needed.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    The Machop line are not a human wrestlers though. They're Pokemon that happen to look like human male wrestlers. It makes perfect sense, because that's just what they are. Just as different species in the real world have different gender attributes, so too do Pokemon. No dimorphism needed.
    Still, I'm wondering why they didn't get some gender difference when Alakazam, their Psychic rival who also has masculine features, did. Yeah it was just a shorter mustache but still I'm wondering
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (HG Random)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Still, I'm wondering why they didn't get some gender difference when Alakazam, their Psychic rival who also has masculine features, did. Yeah it was just a shorter mustache but still I'm wondering
    Alakazam may have gotten gender differences, but the gender differences it got don't matter to this discussion, as both male and female can still have a mustache. If anything, it only further proves my point that human gender attributes need not apply to Pokemon.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

You know, I did some multiplication and research regarding the Pokemon storage system, and found that the amount of Pokemon you can store in a single Generation IV game is more than twice the amount you can store in a single Generation I game. Additionally, a single Generation V game can store three times the Generation I amount, while a single Generation VII game can store four times that same amount. That means that if you filled up the storage system in the VC versions of the Japanese Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow, then used Poke Transporter to send all the Pokemon in them to either Sun or Moon, you'd have a full storage system.

Lapras is just goat! I always remember hunting her down on Tuesdays on Silver! (My dates in game were messed aha), every Tuesday after school without fail I'll catch a Lapras! Lugia and Lapras were to two mons I'd always have on my team without fail even if I never used Lapras.
    My Top 10 Fav Mons! =]

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trade
    Quote Originally Posted by From the bulbs article
    Trading between games released outside of Japan, such as between a Spanish Pokémon Crystal and a French Pokémon Yellow, does not result in any corruption. However, trading between different languages is completely prevented for the Virtual Console releases of the Generation I games.
    This isn't true. I was able to trade between French Blue and English Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

I just rewatched the Deoxys movie and it made me wonder imagine if Deoxys had an ability that allowed it to change forms mid-battle kinda like Aegislash's stance change. In the movie Deoxys changed to defence form when being attacked and attack form when attacking. It would be overpowered like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by KingAegislash View Post
    I just rewatched the Deoxys movie and it made me wonder imagine if Deoxys had an ability that allowed it to change forms mid-battle kinda like Aegislash's stance change. In the movie Deoxys changed to defence form when being attacked and attack form when attacking. It would be overpowered like hell.
    When I was thinking about Deoxys being playable in Smash Bros. (a pipe dream, I know), I was thinking about its form changes to different commands. I thought its weakness could be the cooldown between changing forms.

I'm brilliant, aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    When I was thinking about Deoxys being playable in Smash Bros. (a pipe dream, I know), I was thinking about its form changes to different commands. I thought its weakness could be the cooldown between changing forms.

I'm brilliant, aren't I?
    I think Deoxys might be the best random Pokémon, with no particular reason, to be a character in Smash Bros. It won't happen, but it would be awesome.

Check it out!

With the current UBs, we now have sub-legendaries for all types, with Dark, Bug, Ghost and Poison having only UBs. Dark and Ghost will likely have full trios or quartets of Legendaries sometime in the distant future. (Silvally forms don't count.)

Outside of this, with UB-Assembly and Necrozma Dusk Mane, Electric is rarer than Steel now.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    so far there's been only two generations without fossil Pokemon
    To add to that, the two Gens without Fossil Pokemon also don't have a two-stage cat Pokemon, or a butterfly/moth Pokemon, whereas all the other Gens do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Am I the only one who still thinks the Switch game is probably the DP remakes? I mean, sure, the majority goes with 'it's a game that is not going to be in the same console as its predecessors so it has to be a new gen' but something bugs me... If TPCi and Nintendo still plan to release the game in 2018, and given how, in recent years, we had three games in a row per year and not a break year so far in Gen 7, it HAS to be DP remakes.

All I'm saying is, that yes, a new console means a new gen as far as we know it, but given how GF have broken cardinal rules this gen (legendary Pokémon can evolve now/introducing new Pokémon mid-gen etc.), people should start seeing DP remakes as the first Switch main series Pokémon game as a possibility and not as something that probably won't happen because reasons. Of course that is assuming it releases in 2018.

On-topic now, those tweets are interesting. Looking forward for a new Pokémon reveal.
    Ordinarily I’d say no, but the fact they’re introducing a Pokémon Switch game this soon does sound reasonable because they’ve been dropping Sinnoh hints in the games, in the anime (more specifically the I Choose You movie), & even in the Adventures manga this entire generation. Plus, they could use the DP remake to test out any bugs before releasing Gen 8 and pushing the Switch’s software to its limits.
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 31st October 2017 at 4:50 AM.

Moon Trainer Passport:

• Name: Mitsuki Nagaoka
    • Hometown: Ohana Shore, Alola
    • Originally from : Pallet Town, Kanto
    • Status: Stopping at the Pokémon Center near Verdant Cavern before taking onmy first trial.

I love Lapras's shiny sprite.
    Knick Knack Paddy Wack, This Old Man Came Rolling Home!

The name Megalo Tower is interesting, because Genesect's cannon was named Megalo Cannon in TCG. It comes from French shortening of the term megalomaniac.

Edit: Rough thoughts on the moveset changes and tutors:

-New Egg Moves: Severely lacking. There aren't a lot of species that have Electric Terrain in addition to added Terrains and some more Minerals could have gained Head Smash and Guard moves. Lack of offensive moves is another issue. Hopefully some of the changes here will be the groundwork for Gen 8 Egg Moves.

-Moveset changes: Severely under performing, especially compared to Platinum's and B2W2's changes. Removal of repeats in most movepools is a nice clean-up, though other messed up movesets like Walrein's remain.

-Move Tutors:

-Old Moves: Only Defog is any noteworthy, largely because they expanded it to Rotom and Fairy-types. Telekinesis remains weak due to its lack of turns and Ally Switch is irrelevant outside of Triples. I suspect BW remakes will focus on Gen 5 moves that didn't get TMs/Move Tutors in their gen like Guard moves, now these TMs have returned.

-Laser Focus: A much needed critical hit booster, but sadly it is not too common.

-Stomping Tantrum: Basically this is a better Bulldoze/weaker Drill Run. Its coverage is nice, but it is far too situational.

-Throat Chop: A very bizarre move that is for some reason given exclusively to fully evolved Pokémon, but it fulfills the Dark-type coverage we have been waiting for decades. Hopefully Chopping moves will have their own Ability, like Karate Hands or something.

-Liquidation: This move really isn't any better than Waterfall. It will likely see usage in Sheer Force movesets, and species that don't want to lose accuracy for Aqua Tail/Razor Shell.

Others: Burn Up Ho-Oh and Surf Pikachu are both really weird. Mind Blown looks to be very fun. Photon Geyser is cool. Plasma Fists is just a better Fusion Bolt. New Z-moves are largely a waste.

Edit: Overall changes to Egg Groups are.

Amorphous gets Crafty Shield.
    Bug gets Grassy Terrain.
    Dragon gets Close Combat.
    Fairy gets Power Whip, Sticky Web, Powder, Tearful Look.
    Field gets First Impression, Sacred Sword, Meteor Mash.
    Flying gets Aqua Jet, First Impression, Leaf Storm, Shadow Sneak, Phantom Force, Play Rough.
    Grass gets Misty Terrain, Heavy Slam, Night Slash.
    Human-Like gets Lunge.
    Monster gets Dragon Hammer.
    Water 1 gets Sticky Web, Power Trip.
    Water 2 gets Guard Swap.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; Yesterday at 4:30 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Page 483 of 483 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483