Page 473 of 473 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473
Results 11,801 to 11,819 of 11819

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakphoon™ View Post
    HP is just 50?! Seems like a weak one.
    Aegislash has 60 Base HP, no means a bad pokemon. Talonflame has below average attack stat, still a great pokemon. One shouldn't judge a pokemon until its potential is revealed.

Of course i could be wrong, and diance might be utterly useless in the end.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Bakphoon™ View Post
    HP is just 50?! Seems like a weak one.
    His defences are massive though, so I'm sure it's justified.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjolras View Post
    His defences are massive though, so I'm sure it's justified.
    His defenses are only massive in Shield Form, though. Every time you attack with Aegislash, you're risking losing him to a OHKO because his defenses AND HP are terrible. Using Aegislash requires a lot of good prediction. My Sableye can 2HKO a Shield Form Aegislash with Foul Play because of the high Attack investment and Aegislash's awful base HP.

In my experience, the best defensive Pokemon are the ones that have a good defensive stat AND a good HP stat. You can't rely on a Pokemon to wall attacks even if it does have good defenses if it has a really poor HP stat.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    Aegislash has 60 Base HP, no means a bad pokemon. Talonflame has below average attack stat, still a great pokemon. One shouldn't judge a pokemon until its potential is revealed.

Of course i could be wrong, and diance might be utterly useless in the end.
    I see. Just like Darmanitan has low defenses but high HP that gives him more bulk. I gotcha.
    Join The Pokemon Community Forums! The Home Of Pokemon Generations!

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    His defenses are only massive in Shield Form, though. Every time you attack with Aegislash, you're risking losing him to a OHKO because his defenses AND HP are terrible. Using Aegislash requires a lot of good prediction. My Sableye can 2HKO a Shield Form Aegislash with Foul Play because of the high Attack investment and Aegislash's awful base HP.

In my experience, the best defensive Pokemon are the ones that have a good defensive stat AND a good HP stat. You can't rely on a Pokemon to wall attacks even if it does have good defenses if it has a really poor HP stat.
    Indeed, witch means you can not use it as a wall. Aegislash is not a wall, it is a sort of defensive/offensive pivot. It's job is to punish switch-ins with shadow ball/toxic, not walling other pokemon. It fulfills a different role than walls like skarmory/blissey, more like landorus-T.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    Indeed, witch means you can not use it as a wall. Aegislash is not a wall, it is a sort of defensive/offensive pivot. It's job is to punish switch-ins with shadow ball/toxic, not walling other pokemon. It fulfills a different role than walls like skarmory/blissey, more like landorus-T.
    That's true. What I was trying to say is a Pokemon's defensive stats don't mean a whole lot unless it has halfway decent HP as well.

Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

After flying press was shown, do you think that more duel type moves should be introduced? why/why not
    I have claimed Skarmory

Quote Originally Posted by thunder2910 View Post
    After flying press was shown, do you think that more duel type moves should be introduced? why/why not
    Dual type moves could really build some new battle strategies, they're quite cool. I feeling dual type moves should be Pokémon exclusive.
    •| OHKO the best HKO |•

Quote Originally Posted by thunder2910 View Post
    The problem with Dual-type moves is that they make choosing a move and working out what super effective/not very effective/neutral really difficult, especially once you add in things like triple-type Pokemon. I kind of hope that dual-type moves do not become exceedingly common in the metagame, because they could really unbalance it if too many are introduced. I agree with Pizza2012 - if they become more common, I hope that they are Pokemon-exclusive.

What I think would be interesting is a signature ability to just one evolution line that allows it to have five moves, or a signature ability of one evolution line that would allow it to hold two items or a berry and an item. Once again, this suggestion would completely unbalance the metagame if put on Pokemon that were too strong or if it became too common (a five-move overpowered Pokemon could be the new Mega Kangaskhan). But I think one UU or RU evolution line with an ability that allowed these things would be interesting.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 22nd June 2014 at 6:26 PM.

Default Schrödinger's Eevee

i don't know where to put this so here it is.

Breeders and trainers have begun reporting abmormalities in their Eevee pokemon that are stored for prolonged periods inside pokemon storage technology. Looking at their Eevee still inside the storage box, the Eevee in question appears to exist in all forms of evolution simultaneously according to the PC storage unit, something unheard of amongst evolution experts. However, when the Eevee is removed from the box to be studied further it reverts to a seemingly random singular evolution state. Furthermore, researchers have noticed that when an Eevee is holding a destiny not inside a storage box next to another eevee inside the box, when that eevee is removed from the storage box, any eevee that was next to it will sometimes evolve inside the box simultaneously into the same form as the eevee taken out of the box. Evolution inside storage technology is unheard of until recently. Experts are calling this linked evolution phenomenon pokemon entanglement. Experts wonder if karrablast and shelmet linked evolutions are governed by the same mechanic but between differing species. Experts are calling this new type of evolution Quantum Evolution
    My Trade Shop ~ RMT

FC: 3626-0056-0517 IGN (x): Rautha
    (posion safari: venomoth, seviper, toxicroak)
    check out my GF's clay art

Spoiler:- show:

Quote Originally Posted by Rautha View Post
    i don't know where to put this so here it is.
    Where did you find that? I Googled parts of it and I can't find it anywhere.

How is everyone's Fancy Vivillon? Because after SR'ing for the right natures on both my X and Y I realized something peculiar, all the vivillon I SR'ed on X were male and those on Y were female. I know it seems a little coincidiental, but as I continued with X and Y neither of them had a shift in genders. Has anyone else noticed this?

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Honedge "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

I started a save file in X with the intention of using that Vivillon in my in-game team. Picked the first one I was given, don't really care.
    I have a physical copy of Y which has the first save file I made at the game's release on which I picked up the Vivillon and plan on keeping it for collection purposes, but I purchased X on the eShop so that I would be able to play through the game again when I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningKnightXY View Post
    How is everyone's Fancy Vivillon? Because after SR'ing for the right natures on both my X and Y I realized something peculiar, all the vivillon I SR'ed on X were male and those on Y were female. I know it seems a little coincidiental, but as I continued with X and Y neither of them had a shift in genders. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Wow, you must be having some odd luck. My Fancy Vivillon is a female, and I own a copy of X.

Insert witty comment here.
    SatoSere & SatoHaru

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiα View Post
    NP thinks that Chianti's soulmate is Owen Wilson because YOLO! XD

I have X, and I noticed when SR'ing that all of my Vivillons were turning out female. I think that the gender is locked when you get the Wonder Card for some reason, but you can still SR for nature, ability, and IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I have X, and I noticed when SR'ing that all of my Vivillons were turning out female. I think that the gender is locked when you get the Wonder Card for some reason, but you can still SR for nature, ability, and IVs.
    This seems quite plausible as all mine were male (I have Y). Seems to be linked to the wonder card.

First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Dang it, I forgot to SR.
    Maybe I got seriously lucky...

Credit for the trainer card goes to Ayra at her shop.
    I have officially claimed Infernape and Henry from Fire Emblem: Awakening!
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Anime Style Battling League:

Yeah, I've SR'd probably ~100 times and my vivillon was male every single time. I've gotten the modest/timid nature I'm going for a handful of times, but then when I go to check IVs either special attack or speed is at zero or very close to it and I can't bring myself to accept it. >__> Oddly I've gotten perfect defense more than I've gotten the correct nature. Because that's so useful...

FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    Poison Friend Safari - Seviper, Garbodor, & Whirlipede
    Central Kalos Dex COMPLETED 03/09/2014 / Coastal Kalos Dex COMPLETED 05/04/2014 / Mountain Kalos Dex COMPLETED 05/11/2014
    ~ ~ ~
    [718/718]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

I think it's safe to assume the gender is locked once you receive the Wondercard by now; the odds of somebody SRing ~100 times for it and getting the same gender every time would be fairly low.
    I suppose I could consider myself lucky since I was able to get a male one on Y and a female one on X so now I can have both, even though that doesn't really matter.

It doesn't seem like this event was hardcoded to have two 31 IVs, though. I prefer it that way tbh, but for people trying to get the best stats they can it makes it more difficult.

Page 473 of 473 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473