Page 52 of 477 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 11923

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Torterra was UU for its 4x weakness and its slow speed, even with Rock Polish, and Stealth Rock is the one thing players dread the most, so they have to avoid using Pokemon with crippling weaknesses to that move, which thus hinder Charizard's use. Swampert made it to OU because its typing allows it to have only one weakness, which isn't so common.
    Well as long as there's a solid starter Pokemon that looks good and can get you through the game well then I suppose a Fire/Steel is alright (that's if you don't give a rats *** about competetive play :P)
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Well as long as there's a solid starter Pokemon that looks good and can get you through the game well then I suppose a Fire/Steel is alright (that's if you don't give a rats *** about competetive play :P)
    Here here!

I second the hope that we'll get more contrasting typings like fire/ice or fire/water (they introduced 'scald' after all!). It's not impossible, seeing as water/rock is a bit oxymoronic, yet Kabutops and Relicanth don't seem to be imploding from lack of logic.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Let's talk about Emolga shall we?

I was hoping it would be one of the better Pikachu clones with a decent stat spread, but unfortunately, it turns out to be mediocre thus wasting a very good typing.

I was hoping it would be one of the better Pikachu clones with a decent stat spread, but unfortunately, it turns out to be mediocre thus wasting a very good typing.
    Thundurus still carries that typing y'know :V

And Emolga's Speed is pretty nice.

I hoped to use one, but its movepool is absurd. I do hope the third game will give it a bit more range via move tutors.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I hoped to use one, but its movepool is absurd. I do hope the third game will give it a bit more range via move tutors.
    It seriously needs Focus Blast to coverage its only two weaknesses.

Thundurus still carries that typing y'know :V
    But it doesn't hold any good flying STAB, and we need a decent electric/flying that's not a legendary.
    Last edited by Dattebayo; 4th June 2011 at 1:22 AM.

Hello I'm new here. Hehe.

Anyways for Emolga, I think he suffers from what all the Pikachu family shares--
    great speed, but defenses the spell "FRAIL". XD

Quote Originally Posted by chadrizar View Post
    Hello I'm new here. Hehe.

Anyways for Emolga, I think he suffers from what all the Pikachu family shares--
    great speed, but defenses the spell "FRAIL". XD
    That didn't stop some fast but frail Pokemon from being OU though (Ex: Weavile).

That didn't stop some fast but frail Pokemon from being OU though (Ex: Weavile).
    Right, but I don't think base 75 offenses would hardly be able to do something
    unless you boost it.

But at least Emolga's cute :3

Currently playing: Pokemon White ~ Click for my favorite song ever-^

Weavile OU? could have sworn it was UU because of weakness to stealth rock, Mach punch, &bullet punch. I also don't understand why electivire is so High on the tiers this gen. Coverage Against 13 types wasn't good enough last gen because it lack a strong physical STAB. unless there is some move i don't know about.

JELLO!
        Spoiler:- Click de spoiler for te lolz:

Proud owner of

Quote Originally Posted by GuardChomp View Post
    Weavile OU? could have sworn it was UU because of weakness to stealth rock, Mach punch, &bullet punch. I also don't understand why electivire is so High on the tiers this gen. Coverage Against 13 types wasn't good enough last gen because it lack a strong physical STAB. unless there is some move i don't know about.
    weavile was 4th gen OU. most likely UU now (I cant remember) since theres so many pokemon. while frail like you said, it does have ice shard and pursuit, and 120 attack/ 125 speed. probably got more usage than it deserved though to get into OU

electivire now has wild charge, so it does have physical STAB (although with recoil).

I have claimed Giratina

This is what Smogon tiers confuse me. They want to use faster Pokemon regardless if they're frail because they want to attack their opponent before they attack them yet we get fast Pokemon ending up in the lower tiers due to their frailness as if defense is also just as important as speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palkia98 View Post
    Im hoping the next gen. will lose the fire/fighting combo, it is getting old
    totally!!

but since "boys favorite types are fire & fighting types" (and not grass or psychic or flying types), we might have to put up with those combos...,

maybe next time the starters will have a fighting and a fire type, but seperat..

like a fire/psychic and a fight/grass type (or something like that)

Quote Originally Posted by ninboxstation View Post
    totally!!

but since "boys favorite types are fire & fighting types" (and not grass or psychic or flying types), we might have to put up with those combos...,

maybe next time the starters will have a fighting and a fire type, but seperat..

like a fire/psychic and a fight/grass type (or something like that)
    What's wrong with Fire/Fighting starters? o__o It's not like they're insanely overpowered compared to the Grass or Water starters... Never really understood why people complained about that ;P

Quote Originally Posted by SphealsFTW View Post
    What's wrong with Fire/Fighting starters? o__o It's not like they're insanely overpowered compared to the Grass or Water starters... Never really understood why people complained about that ;P
    Maybe because it's getting old. Come on, your not bugged by the fact that the past 3 gens have the same fire/fighting typing for starters?

I hope they get to make unique typings next gen.

Currently playing: Pokemon White ~ Click for my favorite song ever-^

I thought that Emboar should have been Fire/Dark. But I dont mind too much it's fire/fighting typing.

~Credit to SleepingCelebii for the banner~

I always liked Weavile. I used it in-game in Diamond, it it was good. The frailness did bother me, but after it got Ice Punch, I didn't mind.

Speedy but frail pokemon seem to be on my team the most, having a wall on my team barely crosses my mind but I've been thinking of getting one,miju.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    If anything the anime made me dislike Infernape a bit more. By the end it was just like 'The Infernape Show', and other Pokemon as such as Torterra and Buizel who used to be a-MAZ-ing were given a back seat :/

But yeah next gen, if there's another Fire/Fighting I'm gonna bawl my eyes out.
    Well I didn't like the amount of screentime it got, but that thing had some good battles. It just sort of radiated power and "coolness" (if that's a word).

4 times in a row would really be pushing it tbh, I'm sure it won't happen again. I think I'd prefer pure Fire to another Fire/Fighting

So. Torterra- it's a badass ankylosaur/turtle thing with a tree sticking out of it's back. Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Their is no need for discussion its a great pokemon making a turtle related to grass types it can support flying pokemon on its back, and I chose it in my pokemon diamond,miju.

I used Zoroark on White, as my replacement frail speedy Dark.

I like Torterra. Grass Ground is a cool typing,and Torterra just looks good. I picked Empoleon over him in Diamond, but I still like the turtle.

Torterra's one of the few starters who are my least favorite.

4 times in a row would really be pushing it tbh, I'm sure it won't happen again. I think I'd prefer pure Fire to another Fire/Fighting
    And let it suffer from usage for a lack of a useful secondary type?

There are other useful secondary types if we don't have a rock gym again or steel i see no need for a fire/fighting pokemon again, miju

Torterra's nice, a decent, bulky Pokémon. Has some good moves, too, like Crunch and Earthquake. Infernape's... okay, but out of the three Fire/Fighting starters, I like good old Blaziken. ^_^ It just looks cooler because it isn't as ornate. I hope they don't make any more for a while, though. I can deal with the existing three since I can see them as Kung Fu, boxing and wrestling in their generational orders. However, I actually chose Piplup, since Empoleon appealed to me more than the other two.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

I cant help but think they have a theme going with the Fire/Fighting starters and actually wouldnt be surprised if we got another, however I hope GF decides to go in a different direction next Gen.

Page 52 of 477 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast