Page 476 of 476 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476
Results 11,876 to 11,897 of 11897

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Do you like Porygon and its evolutions?

Quote Originally Posted by TrollGuy09 View Post
    Do you like Porygon and its evolutions?
    Not really since they are not very strong I can't find strategies with them.

Porygon's quite a curious Pokemon since it's the only one made completely from coding, so theoretically speaking it's pretty cool. But it looks a bit basic and I don't think I've ever had one on my team.

Porygon-Z makes an okay special sweeper, but solitary normal STAB isn't anything to write home about, and it's outclassed by a lot of things. Porygon and it's evos are cool design-wise maybe, but they're nothing spectacular.
    #HoennHype

Does anyone realize xerneas shouldn't be genderless? It's based on a deer and has antlers, only male deer have antlers so therefore it should be male.

Ok if you want to battle me I will most likely do battle spot rules, but I will do smogon too sometimes. I don't hate smogon it' just that I like battle spot rules better and play them a lot more. But every once in a while I might battle with smogon rules.

Friend code: 2165-6624-1567

Some of my favorite pokemon:

It's pokemon. name a time their was actually logic in the game XD like needing an HM to cut a tree etc etc

If anyone is up for a battle lemme know!

Quote Originally Posted by YveltalDark View Post
    If anyone is up for a battle lemme know!
    Umm, this is not the thread to talk about battles.

Ok if you want to battle me I will most likely do battle spot rules, but I will do smogon too sometimes. I don't hate smogon it' just that I like battle spot rules better and play them a lot more. But every once in a while I might battle with smogon rules.

Hoopa is my favorite pokemon now. When I first saw the new event pokemon I was shocked. They looked so cool. I always preferred hoopa out of all the others. I didnt want to like hoopa because event pokemon take forever to be announced (Do you remeber how long it took genesect to be announced?). Now that diance was announced I have a little hope. So help me if it takes a year for it to be announced...
    Bow down to the almighty Slurpuff!

Love is love

My fairy/ghost team:

Quote Originally Posted by Fossildude747 View Post
    Does anyone realize xerneas shouldn't be genderless? It's based on a deer and has antlers, only male deer have antlers so therefore it should be male.
    I think it would be nice for legendary pokemon to have genders, even if they can't breed, like Heatran.
    My Shinies
    PokeRadar:
    Masuda Method:
    Chain Fishing:
    Random Encounter:

Quote Originally Posted by Carcara View Post
    I think it would be nice for legendary pokemon to have genders, even if they can't breed, like Heatran.
    I agree as well. I like that latias and latios have genders as well. The only pokemon I think should be genderless sis ditto. Plus some legendaries look so much more like they are a certai ngender than the other. Such as xerneas with horns. Dialga seems like it just has to be a boy to me as well as yveltal. I think palkia could possibly be female. I personally don't use legendaries that often being a competitive player but it would still be a good feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Fossildude747 View Post
    I agree as well. I like that latias and latios have genders as well. The only pokemon I think should be genderless sis ditto. Plus some legendaries look so much more like they are a certai ngender than the other. Such as xerneas with horns. Dialga seems like it just has to be a boy to me as well as yveltal. I think palkia could possibly be female. I personally don't use legendaries that often being a competitive player but it would still be a good feature.
    I don't mind that some Pokemon don't have genders, but what really bugs me is the fact that they can't figure out the gender of a four-legged, highly intelligent hunk of metal when they can easily figure out the gender of a sword. Logic.

Also, I saw in a Facebook group someone offering a shiny Pokemon XD Lugia. Is it even possible to purify the Shadow Lugia and have it be shiny?? I've looked it up and found nothing on the subject.

"Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts....
    All dreams are but another reality...never forget..."

Please visit my GPX+, and give my party a click!
    http://gpxplus.net/user/The+Majestic+Mr+L

I've never played XD, so my guess that it is a hack.

I usually assign my own genders to Genderless Pokemon, for example Shaymin is a female. I think they leave legendaries genderless to add to the mystery that they are not well known. They are only supposed to be rumors and legends in the games. Catching one is unbelievable in the game universe, but in reality, everyone's got one.
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

Guys, Braviary or Mandibuzz? Which one is better. I would always go for Braviary because it has good Attack stat and I always go for the Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Huhadude View Post
    Guys, Braviary or Mandibuzz? Which one is better. I would always go for Braviary because it has good Attack stat and I always go for the Attack.
    Braviary all the way. It absolutely wrecks face and helped me in both White and White 2. No doubt one of my favorite Flying types.

"Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts....
    All dreams are but another reality...never forget..."

Please visit my GPX+, and give my party a click!
    http://gpxplus.net/user/The+Majestic+Mr+L

From a competitive standpoint they both fill VERY different roles. Braviary works as a low-class physical sweeper and mandibuzz makes a strong defensive pokemon. Honestly despite Braviary being cooler, it's outclassed by a plethora of other physical birds and isn't worth using in higher tiers. Mandibuzz however makes a Great Wall and utility pokemon. Check sites like smogon (and I believe serebii has a competitive listing for some pokemon) and read up on sets for both of them. Neither is necessarily bad, but mandibuzz does it's job, much better than Braviary can do it's own.
    #HoennHype

I'd go with Braviary again because I like it's design better than Mandibuzz for some reason and I like Mandibuzz's typing more than Braviary but I'd go with Braviary basically.

I'd go with Braviary again because I like it's design better than Mandibuzz for some reason and I like Mandibuzz's typing more than Braviary but I'd go with Braviary basically.
    Like I said neither is necessarily bad. But keep in mind there's a reason Braviary is in RarelyUsed and Mandibuzz is in OverUsed. Plus if it's attack that you're not impressed with on Mandibuzz, it gets Foul Play, which is a 95 (I think that's correct.) power dark type move that uses the opponents physical attack stat, instead of your own.
    #HoennHype

Yes Mandibuzz does get Foul Play but it's Attack and Sp. Attack stats are low and it's Sp. Def and Defense are high, making it more of a defense type. I'm kind of surprised it's in OU, I didn't know that, it must have a good competitive strategy.

Also which do you guys think is better, Xerneas or Yveltal?

Yes Mandibuzz does get Foul Play but it's Attack and Sp. Attack stats are low and it's Sp. Def and Defense are high, making it more of a defense type. I'm kind of surprised it's in OU, I didn't know that, it must have a good competitive strategy.

Also which do you guys think is better, Xerneas or Yveltal?
    Again, the move foul play uses your OPONNENTS attack stat, making mandibuzz's attack not matter. Also, Yveltal generally has more versatility with an amazing mixed attacking movepool and more ways to abuse his ability (foul play, sucker punch, dark pulse.) plus he gets Oblivion Wing, a great move. Xerneas has a good movepool too, albeit leaning more towards the physical side, and with Geomancy + power herb (I think that's the right herb anyway) he can turn into a dangerous setup sweeper. Just use whichever fits on your team best.
    #HoennHype

I'd prefer Yveltal for some reason also Xerneas would be able to defeat Yveltal.

I have to go with Bravairy because #1, it's my favorite Pokemon #2, Mandibuzz never really caught my eye and #3, Braviary is underused in battle, or at least in the battles that I do.

I'd prefer Yveltal for some reason also Xerneas would be able to defeat Yveltal.
    I am really indifferent about the two legendaries of the Kalos region. I like both designs. I, however, feel that Yveltal got cheated out because of his typing. Xerneas has a major type advantage, but that doesn't mean that a Yveltal would lose to a Xerneas if used correctly.
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

Page 476 of 476 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476