Page 481 of 481 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481
Results 12,001 to 12,006 of 12006

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Has anyone ever noticed that Giovanni looks rather old? He looks like someone in their late-forties, maybe early fifties. Giovanni could in fact be the same age as Professor Oak. Also, Professor Oak being a grandfather at his age is rather unusual. He's mentioned to be 50 in Johto, which makes him 47 in the original Kanto games. Blue and Red are 11 years old in their introduction, making Professor Oak a mere 36 when he became a grandfather. Possibly earlier, depending on how old Daisy is. Professor Oak seems to have become a father as just a teenager, which could have an interesting dynamic behind it. Also, there's every change that when he became a grandfather, his grandfather was still alive.
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    The way I see it happening, there would still be Kalos starters, and the bulk of the main story would take place in the traditional Kalos Region. With those factors considered, as well as the fact that the story would still be focused on Zygarde, a Kalos Pokemon, as well as being ran on the same exact engine that ran X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire and being able to trade/battle/communicate with the aforementioned games (minus the new Pokemon similar to Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Megas when connected to X and Y) can you really say that it's a new generation?

There's also the fact that this hypothetical Gen 6.5 game would probably be the final game of Generation 6, meaning yet another new batch of Pokemon, this time complete with an original story, region, and game engine, would come out after it. Would you really call one game an entire generation and then have us move onto Generation 8?

I'm not saying that Gen 6.5 is going to certainly and/or likely happen, but to say that it's a dumb idea because it would simply be Generation 7 is a bad argument.
    Introducing an entirely new batch of pokémon that aren't compatible with previous games of the generation? Yes, definitely a new generation.

The thing is, we don't know if the main story will take place in Kalos, we don't know if the main story will revolve around Zygarde, nor do we even have a guess as to if it is run on the same engine. So you can say all these things, based on absolutely nothing, but I can just brush those of the table, as they are unfounded. All we have is the following: "New batch of pokémon". Of course, now we know we have a new region as well, but I'm not going to let that spoil the fun.

Having forms/mega's being game exclusive has been a thing that has happened ever since Deoxys, i.e. Giratina being available in Diamond, but Giratina-O only being in Platinum onwards. The same counts for Mega's. The same doesn't count for entirely new critters. That's what I call a paradigm shift, or in terms of this franchise, a new generation. You just have to come to terms that Gen 6 is over come Pokémon Sun and Moon.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Introducing an entirely new batch of pokémon that aren't compatible with previous games of the generation? Yes, definitely a new generation.

The thing is, we don't know if the main story will take place in Kalos, we don't know if the main story will revolve around Zygarde, nor do we even have a guess as to if it is run on the same engine. So you can say all these things, based on absolutely nothing, but I can just brush those of the table, as they are unfounded. All we have is the following: "New batch of pokémon". Of course, now we know we have a new region as well, but I'm not going to let that spoil the fun.

Having forms/mega's being game exclusive has been a thing that has happened ever since Deoxys, i.e. Giratina being available in Diamond, but Giratina-O only being in Platinum onwards. The same counts for Mega's. The same doesn't count for entirely new critters. That's what I call a paradigm shift, or in terms of this franchise, a new generation. You just have to come to terms that Gen 6 is over come Pokémon Sun and Moon.
    Obviously it's silly for me to argue for a Gen 6.5 now. I have "come to terms that Gen 6 is over," and in case you didn't notice, I made that post you responded to before the announcement of Sun and Moon, so to use that against me is silly. I'm tempted to argue further for the plausibility of the idea of a .5 generation in general (I still love the idea and hope it will happen at some point), but everyone would misinterpret that as me saying Sun and Moon is Gen 6.5, so I'm just going to stop and not bother. So there, you win this debate, happy?

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Professor Oak seems to have become a father as just a teenager, which could have an interesting dynamic behind it.
    Possibly, but I couldn't really picture Professor Oak as a guest on Maury.

Jokes aside, I never thought that Giovanni was that old. At least, not as old as Professor Oak.
    A strong spirit transcends rules.

That new CoroCoro "leak", *yawn*. Come on GF, are you guys backpedaling because of Yo Kai Watch or something? Come out with some ACTUAL news, it's been 3,000 years!
    3DS Friend Code: 5343-7935-6882
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Possibly, but I couldn't really picture Professor Oak as a guest on Maury.

Jokes aside, I never thought that Giovanni was that old. At least, not as old as Professor Oak.
    Oak's forty-seven in Red/Blue(his age of 50 is revealed in Gen 2, which is three years after Gen 1). Giovanni does look like he could be in his mid-late forties. Though maybe you're right, and he just aged poorly
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)