Page 479 of 479 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479
Results 11,951 to 11,972 of 11972

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

So, I am making ANOTHER Delta episode team from OmegaRuby out of spritely baby Pokemon and thanks to the help of the Triathlete next to the daycare I have just leveled up my Buneary to level 50 and I MADE IT EVOLVE!

Then I renamed it Sakuraharuno, gave it the Lopunnite and I totally want to cry from awe from it's max affection + return results!

Right now my team is:

Lopunny
    Axew
    Growlithe
    Eevee
    Swanna

I'm gonna kick Swanna and Growlithe! >:^D Maybe even Eevee so instead of a Jolteon I might get a Emolga or a Dedenne! Now just to find one pesky Pokemon in Pokemon X and slam-bam-in-a-can! I'll have an adorable Squirrel-thingy or a... mouse.

Awesome!
    There are times in a man's life when he must STRIP
    - Grey Fullbuster

After a month or so hiatus from Pokemon, I am now on my way back to working on my dex in A/S, I've so far captured almost all of the end-game legendaries that do not require a counter-part from O/R. After catching all of the normal Pokemon this playthrough, I really want to transfer all of my captures to the PokeBank and restart, playing through a Badge Quest and SRing for all of the shiny legendaries. I'm excited!
    Current AS Team

"For Aarune, he needed to have a Pokemon that could use the moves Fly and Secret Power, which are perfect moves for finding Secret Bases. And the only Hoenn Pokemon that wasn’t used by a key character that fit that criteria was Flygon. It does not Mega Evolve, but I really like Flygon."

This is such an odd statement, since while Winona has several Flying Pokémon under her arsenal and Drake has Salamence, she doesn't own a Tropius, which already fits these criteria.

I'm pretty sure they just wanted to have a Mega Flygon, but couldn't make a satisfactory design within this short time frame.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Many people say that turboblaze and mold breaker are the same ability, but is it really?

To my knowledge turboblze disables the abilities while mold breaker just bypasses the opponent's ability.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Many people say that turboblaze and mold breaker are the same ability, but is it really?

To my knowledge turboblze disables the abilities while mold breaker just bypasses the opponent's ability.
    "In battle[edit]
    Turboblaze ignores the effects of Abilities that could potentially affect the damage or effects of a move that its user executes. "

Pretty much. Turboblaze and Teravolt could have been upgraded to give boosts to Fire-type and Electric-type moves, which would benefit Kyurem, but they didn't bother with that.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    "In battle[edit]
    Turboblaze ignores the effects of Abilities that could potentially affect the damage or effects of a move that its user executes. "

Pretty much. Turboblaze and Teravolt could have been upgraded to give boosts to Fire-type and Electric-type moves, which would benefit Kyurem, but they didn't bother with that.
    No thanks, Reshiram is already extremely powerful as it is. Making it even more powerful would be overkill.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Well, their in-game descriptions are identical.
    I get moody during that time of the month.
    You know, with the full moon and all.

I was breeding before going to sleep last night. I woke up to find my 3DS dead and I lost SOOOOOO much progress. I had finally found the Ditto mirage spot and caught every Ditto for every nature, bred two 5 IV Pokemon and was almost at my 3rd. All that work down the drain. Lesson learned, SAVE SAVE SAVE. Or at least keep in plugged in.

oops double post

I also think Scizor is a great pokemon, its really and dishes out a lot of damage while looking really cool.
    But for some reason my favourite pokemon has always been Rhydon, ever since I was young I've loved it and always had it in my team.
    I guess I just prefer the more imposing looking pokemon.

So I just found out the hard way that my SG Summer'15 Rayquaza can't be traded.

Thanks a lot, Game Freak. Now I have to wait for a server-side update.

Awoooooooooo

So... Are we allowed to bring up any Pokemon, even the most forgotten ones, and talk about it, even if you don't like it?

Credit to extroph for the signature and profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    So I just found out the hard way that my SG Summer'15 Rayquaza can't be traded.

Thanks a lot, Game Freak. Now I have to wait for a server-side update.
    Wait, why can't it be traded? And is that only for the one Rayquaza event, or does that apply for other event Pokemon?
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

Hello. I've been using Serebii for years, and finally just joined the forums.
    Is there anywhere specific to post Pokemon/trade requests? I haven't found a subforum like that anywhere yet.

Edit: Found it. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Pailzor; 13th May 2015 at 5:09 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 5412-9939-5183

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Wait, why can't it be traded? And is that only for the one Rayquaza event, or does that apply for other event Pokemon?
    It hasn't been registered in the server-side database yet. This has happened with Diancie when it was released in the West.

Awoooooooooo

I used hear people complain about Croagunk's limited movepool for in-game. I didn't use to get it, but now I know it's said because it only gets Revenge as its secondary STAB.

Well, that's pretty sh**. It's not as bad as Grass/Poison types not getting any Poison move or Butterfree without Air Slash, but it's still pretty bad.

I used hear people complain about Croagunk's limited movepool for in-game. I didn't use to get it, but now I know it's said because it only gets Revenge as its secondary STAB.

Well, that's pretty sh**. It's not as bad as Grass/Poison types not getting any Poison move or Butterfree without Air Slash, but it's still pretty bad.
    Considering that we have endlessly reusable TM's, this really shouldn't be an issue
    You can teach it Brick Break, at the very least (I actually have a competitive Toxicroak and it has Drain Punch, works very well)
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Quote Originally Posted by Creyk View Post
    Considering that we have endlessly reusable TM's, this really shouldn't be an issue
    You can teach it Brick Break, at the very least (I actually have a competitive Toxicroak and it has Drain Punch, works very well)
    Sure, but I can also catch any other Fighting-type instead for in-game purposes(like, virtually any of them). Not to mention, Fighting-type Pokémon without usable Fighting-type moves makes about as much as sense as Flying-type without Flying moves, Fairy-type without Fairy moves etc.

Yes, endless TMs relieves a lot of stress from the Level-Up movesets, but it is not a magical cure-all. At least, not until TM list is expanded exponentially.

Edit: Thanks vanillite1. Fixed it.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 22nd May 2015 at 8:48 PM.

this link leads to the butterfree page is that a mistake

if you praise goomy and want helix to burn to hell put this in your sig (started by vanillite1)
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!

credit to astral shadow
    click my pokemon

pokefarm Q profile
    I have claimed vanillish and pokemon battle trozei

I've realized something...everyone has been theorizing how magmar, ekectabuzz and jynx used to be a triplet and that jynx got gipped when electabuzz and magmar got evos...however, it seems like they are making it out to be that jynx and mr. mime are actually a pair...i mean I akways thought they were a pair back in first gen...they are both primary psychic types with a humanoid form...they both got pre-evos and mr. mime eventually got a secondary type to match jynx...I just noticed thus because mr. mime and jynx are both found on a snowy mountain stage in Rumble world...it makes sense for jynx but not so much for mr. Mime...so then I wondered if they were actually a pair...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I've realized something...everyone has been theorizing how magmar, ekectabuzz and jynx used to be a triplet and that jynx got gipped when electabuzz and magmar got evos...however, it seems like they are making it out to be that jynx and mr. mime are actually a pair...i mean I akways thought they were a pair back in first gen...they are both primary psychic types with a humanoid form...they both got pre-evos and mr. mime eventually got a secondary type to match jynx...I just noticed thus because mr. mime and jynx are both found on a snowy mountain stage in Rumble world...it makes sense for jynx but not so much for mr. Mime...so then I wondered if they were actually a pair...
    Well, it might not be that wise to take the word of spin-off games over the main series because of the involvement of different companies, but yes, clearly Ambrella thinks the same way as the portion of fandom who has paired Jynx with Mr. Mime after Gen IV's Mime Jr. And your observation can be used to further that claim(which I agree, but that's besides the point).

As a side note, I'm laughing my *** off at how odd TCG cards have predicted a vast majority of late-generation names(Freeze-Dry Latios, lol). Maybe we should consider the alternate moves created for TCG before discussing any future generation.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I've seen them as a pair for a while, also. It's to the point where I gave them both evolutions in my fan-region as a royal pair named King Mime and Quinx. Might sound dumb but I like the idea personally.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR . I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME SHINIES: DRAGALGE AND MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME. PM IF INTERESTED.

DIGLETT PROBABLY HAS LIMBS THAT WE JUST CAN'T SEE BECAUSE THEY ARE UNDERGROUND. GYARADOS IS A FLYING TYPE BECAUSE OF SOME FOLKLORE ABOUT A FISH AND A WATERFALL. SKITTY CAN BREED WITH WAILORD BECAUSE BREEDING IS PROBABLY NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY LIKE SEX. PIDGEY CAN FLY BECAUSE IT'S A BIRD THAT DEVELOPS ENOUGH STRENGTH TO CARRY A TEN YEAR OLD SOMEWHERE OVER A SHORT SPAN. RHYDON CAN SURF BECAUSE THE WATER IS NOT ATTACKING IT LIKE A HYDRO PUMP WOULD.

Page 479 of 479 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479