Page 62 of 478 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 11936

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by redlongmagnet View Post
    It is using TR so of course it can't use Choice Items, and VGC Tournaments are Double Battles so your argument is invalid.
    Smogon, your claim is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    no, you're right. sorry, i'm not being clear, am i? what i mean is cloyster is pointless outside of single battle. yet he's great in single battle. by datte's logic, i would understand that cloyster is pointless because he can only be used in single battle, which is far from true. that should be more clear.

not the best example, but meh, i'm tired.
    Lol when I said youre right cloyster is useless because of that I was agreeing with you, I knew what you meant lol.

Please elaborate for me how Smogon makes my argument invalid?

ohhh. yeah, you can tell, i'm tired now. *tries to wake up*
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Please elaborate for me how Smogon makes my argument invalid?
    They only use Single Battles to determine the fate of each Pokemon in terms of usage. If a Pokemon doesn't do well in singles and only in Doubles and Triple, then it's gonna be UU/NU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    They only use Single Battles to determine the fate of each Pokemon in terms of usage. If a Pokemon doesn't do well in singles and only in Doubles and Triple, then it's gonna be UU/NU.
    Usage of a pokemon does not mean it is useless though and Smogon still has testing to do for this gen, and tons of pokemon this gen are UU example Zapdos you cannot say he is useless but he is UU wonder why that is? Usage does not determine quality. You know your'e wrong. Double battles exist so if a pokemon works GREAT in them then you can't claim it is invalid. Again Beheeyem does work in singles. You haven't used him so you cannot knock him.

It's ok Gustavo lol.

Usage of a pokemon does not mean it is useless though and Smogon still has testing to do for this gen, and tons of pokemon this gen are UU example Zapdos you cannot say he is useless but he is UU wonder why that is? Usage does not determine quality. You know your'e wrong. Double battles exist so if a pokemon works GREAT in them then you can't claim it is invalid. Again Beheeyem does work in singles. You haven't used him so you cannot knock him.

It's ok Gustavo lol.
    Mind if you elaborate his best TR set?

thanks. *yawn*

...so, how about we move on to a subject, like spinda. how do you feel about this poor left out panda? he's kinda cute.

edit: check beeheeyem's POTW. that could help, i think.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Mind if you elaborate his best TR set?
    move 1: Trick Room
    move 2: Thunderbolt
    move 3: Psychic/Psycho Shock
    move 4: Shadow Ball/Energy Ball
    item: Focus Sash
    ability: Telepathy
    nature: Quiet
    evs: 252 SpA 252 HP 4 SpD
    ivs: 0 Spe

Here is an example, and you didn't comment o nthe fact that Zapdos is UU and he is a great pokemon.

^ It needs HP Fighting/Ice, and Zapdos is outclassed by Thundurus which explains why he's UU, meaning that he's sharing Blaziken's pain from last gen.

^ It needs HP Fighting/Ice, and Zapdos is outclassed by Thundurus which explains why he's UU.
    Zapdos can fill more roles than Thundurus especially on PO where you can use Lightning rod, and ok give it those moves. I thought it was useless though. Why would you give something useless any of your time by improving upon it's moves?

This is going to be a night...filled with he said Smogon said...

miju.

Zapdos can fill more roles than Thundurus especially on PO where you can use Lightning rod, and ok give it those moves.
    Gastrodon had its own niche from its other water/ground bretherens yet it's still lower tiered.

I thought it was useless though. Why would you give something useless any of your time by improving upon it's moves?
    It's the stats and the movepool that keeps it from being useful, and HP really unreliable due to the amount of time it takes via breeding/catching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    This is going to be a night...filled with he said Smogon said...

miju.
    i wholeheartedly agree. i tried to change the subject, but that didn't work...

Gastrodon had its own niche from its other water/ground bretherens yet it's still lower tiered.

It's the stats and the movepool that keeps it from being useful, and HP really unreliable due to the amount of time it takes via breeding/catching.
    Yes but Gastrodon is still not useless and neither is Zapdos so you saying Beheeyem is useless due to it being lower tiered is ridiculous to say the least and although smogon is great don't get me wrong it isn't god and you don't have to agree with or follow everything they say, and Beheeyem has his own niche in doubles which are prominent have you checked the CRMT threads lately? A lot of people are posting Doubles RMT. I agree Beheeyem is outclassed by reuiniclus in singles but in doubles with telepathy and a reliable way to set up TR without losing health it is very useful and powerful.

Thundurus is more epic than Zapdos anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    PermaBird has a special palce in my heart, but I do love Thundurus for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    i beg to differ. i believe baltoy nosepass wins.

Lol and how do you come to that conclusion Gustavo?

Yes but Gastrodon is still not useless and neither is Zapdos so you saying Beheeyem is useless due to it being lower tiered is ridiculous to say the least and although smogon is great don't get me wrong it isn't god and you don't have to agree with or follow everything they say, and Beheeyem has his own niche in doubles which are prominent have you checked the CRMT threads lately? A lot of people are posting Doubles RMT. I agree Beheeyem is outclassed by reuiniclus in singles but in doubles with telepathy and a reliable way to set up TR without losing health it is very useful and powerful.
    But Smogon doesn't revolve around Doubles, only Singles.

Nosepass > Thundurus.
    But just slightly.

But Smogon doesn't revolve around Doubles, only Singles.
    Which is why you can't only rely on Smogon to rate your pokemon for you. Singles isn't the only battle type. Have an open mind why dontcha?

Lol and how do you come to that conclusion Gustavo?
    cuz nosepass is epic.

no, if i had to choose, i'd say, although it's not easy to say which is better, i like zapdos for doubles better than thundurus, due to heat wave, and thundurus for singles, thanks to nasty plot.

I don't think Dattebayo has ever had an open mind to doubles,triples or rotation.

miju.

cuz nosepass is epic.

no, if i had to choose, i'd say, although it's not easy to say which is better, i like zapdos for doubles better than thundurus, due to heat wave, and thundurus for singles, thanks to nasty plot.
    No Gustavo Zapdos is useless because he is better in doubles than he is in singles! Yeah same opinion here although bar competitive worth Zapdos is cooler.

I just cant take Thundurus or his cousins seriously, they look like complete jokes.

Page 62 of 478 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast