Page 7 of 477 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    so that fits into how the fish-like pokemon would not be normal, because they can control water
    Exactly. The fish in this game aren't regular wish you'd see in the real world. Meanwhile, the normal-flying birds in the Pokemon games resemble a bird you could actually encounter in the real world... well, more or less.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Exactly. The fish in this game aren't regular wish you'd see in the real world. Meanwhile, the normal-flying birds in the Pokemon games resemble a bird you could actually encounter in the real world... well, more or less.
    Yeah exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Yeah exactly.
    Yup.

(Wow, making really pointless EA posts is fun!)
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I think a good name for a flying Eeveelution would be Levieon.

Wait a second, if we get a flying eeveelution it would be our second pure flying type!
    It'd be too close to Leafeon, I don't think GF would do it. Especially since we'd have two pure flying types(besides Arceus) and that would just take away from the uniqueness of the Kami of wind.

I don't consider Arceus a pure flying type. To me, it's just normal type with other temporary types.

Windeon maybe? Or does that sound as stupid as it does when I say it in my head?
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I don't consider Arceus a pure flying type. To me, it's just normal type with other temporary types.

Windeon maybe? Or does that sound as stupid as it does when I say it in my head?
    Yes, Windeon is horrible

I wonder if we'll get any more...seven is a 'nice' number and works well. But wil 10+ be too many? Seventeen definetly is, but 8/9 wouldn't be too much. A Dragon and...? I don't know why but I definetly see Dragon, if there are anymore. I could see Bug or Ghost as a 'partner' but I also would love a Ground Rock. I don't think a Flying type would work, mainly because of the difficulties of a Flying fox. But then there is Shaymin.
    Long thoughful rant is long

Dragon is the only one I DON'T see. I just can't see a dragon resembling Pokemon like Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon in any way. The ones I see most are Ground, Poison (which I really, really want... purple will be such a cool Eeveelution colour) and Steel.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

That's what I feel with Flying...I just can't see a Flying fox thing.

I think that a sky blue Eeveelution with little wings on each side would be kind of cute.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Yes, Windeon is horrible
    What about Aereon?
    Name:Travis
    Black FC: 0518-6582-7956
    White FC:Will add soon
    DW:Pokeman493 (If you want to register me, use my black DW)
    Steam: Pokeman493
    Gamertag: Snivy493

Spoiler:- GenIV Info.:

Proud owner of a LV.100 Celebi!
    Proud owner of a TRU Arceus!

Looking for:
    Shiny female Ralts
    Legit only please.
    PM me for offers.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefantravis View Post
    What about Aereon?
    That's basically the exact same thing as Aireon.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I really like haxorus. His attack stat is awesome! I'm building a whole TEAM around him he's so awesome. He and his pre evolutions are my favorite fifth gen pokemon. And in addition, his shiny form rocks! When I get the egg from toys r us, i really REALLY want that Axew and the Pansage! Yes, I have tow white versions.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    Yes, I have tow white versions.
    As opposed to just having one White and one Black like most people who want two games?
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    I really like haxorus. His attack stat is awesome! I'm building a whole TEAM around him he's so awesome. He and his pre evolutions are my favorite fifth gen pokemon. And in addition, his shiny form rocks! When I get the egg from toys r us, i really REALLY want that Axew and the Pansage! Yes, I have tow white versions.
    Maybe you can save before grabbing the Egg? Anyway, I want a pansage when I get the egg. I already have a pretty good Haxorus, and I use it all the time. I've been thinking of a SubSalac or SubPeyeta competitively, taking advantage of Gluttony.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I like Haxorus and all but his movepool is kinda...meh

I like Haxorus and all but his movepool is kinda...meh
    I think he has got all that he needs in his movepool.

As Earthquake and Dragon Claw/Out Rage have great coverage and has got two great boosting moves, Dragon Dance and Sword Dance.
    My OU sandstorm team

haxorus' level-up movepool sucks though. and youre going to have to go a long time without earthquake. I also find it (and hydreigon) overrated IMO. flygon, salamence, and garchomp outspeed both. and hydreigon has pretty much average stats (by pseudolegendary standards) for everything save SA. dragonite is bulkier, other things are faster, and it doesnt learn nasty plot so you cant boost your best stat.

I have claimed Giratina

Any Dragon Type with Haxorus's attack and Outrage can't physically have a bad movepool. Even if Outrage were its only move, it would still have a better movepool than Garbodor and Flareon.

If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

I hate haxorus's crappy special attack, considering most strong dragon-type moves are special. Plus I find its level up movepool to be suckish to the point of Pikachu's. Flygon is tied with hydreigon for my favorite dragon, then salamence, then haxorus, then Dragonite,

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I hate haxorus's crappy special attack, considering most strong dragon-type moves are special. Plus I find its level up movepool to be suckish to the point of Pikachu's. Flygon is tied with hydreigon for my favorite dragon, then salamence, then haxorus, then Dragonite,
    Outrage says hi. And he learns DD and SD via level up anyway. And plus, nobody relies on level up moves only.
    Don't ask how Outrage says hi. It just does.

In terms of number, it's about even for most Dragon Pokemon. Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor, then Dragon Claw and Outrage. Besides, Special attacks can't get boosted as well as Physical attacks can under a Dragon.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    haxorus' level-up movepool sucks though. and youre going to have to go a long time without earthquake. I also find it (and hydreigon) overrated IMO. flygon, salamence, and garchomp outspeed both. and hydreigon has pretty much average stats (by pseudolegendary standards) for everything save SA. dragonite is bulkier, other things are faster, and it doesnt learn nasty plot so you cant boost your best stat.
    I kind of don't mind the small nerfing that Haxorus and Hydreigon received in terms of their unremarkable movepool (Haxorus, largely) and their Speed stats. The last two generations gave us Salamence and Garchomp, who pretty much blow every other non-Legendary Pokemon out of the water in terms of sheer winning ability, Dragon type or not. Our dragons this generation are a little bit more managable, and I think that's a fine balance to the competitive game.

And both Haxxy and Hydie are still pretty great anyway, so we're not missing out on much. =)

Well, as someone said, it has everything it needs in its movepool to be useful. Pikachu is the same way, with access to Nasty Plot, Grass Knot, Brick Break/Focus Punch, Volt Tackle, and potentially even Surf, for cripes' sake. Pikachu's movepool is pretty remarkable.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Well, as someone said, it has everything it needs in its movepool to be useful. Pikachu is the same way, with access to Nasty Plot, Grass Knot, Brick Break/Focus Punch, Volt Tackle, and potentially even Surf, for cripes' sake. Pikachu's movepool is pretty remarkable.
    But with no good stat except speed, it could learn the most powerful moves in the game and it wouldn't be able to do much with them.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

But with no good stat except speed, it could learn the most powerful moves in the game and it wouldn't be able to do much with them.
    Well, yeah. But the post I quoted was just referring to movepool size.

And Pikachu has Light Ball, so it actually effectively has decent Speed, and excellent Attack and Special Attack. I've used a Pikachu before in competitive play, and it's not so bad. It can take out a few things, but it'll go down quickly, too. ^_^;

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I love my Haxorus, I have it on my White Team and it's one of my main choices if I need to win a battle with sheer force. I mean even though it was about 5/7 levels lower than Cynthia's Team when I first battled her I Swords Danced it and Outrage took out her Spiritomb, Milotic, Garchomp and Braviary (I think). He's awesome, and I much prefer his design to Hydreigon's.
    Running for the thrill of it

Page 7 of 477 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast