Default My 5th Gen Team

Garchomp Draco Plate
    Jolly
    252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang
    Swords Dance

This is a standard Swords Dance Garchomp. Basically, I run it as fast as possible, so it can outrun as much as possible after a Swords Dance. Outrage is its most powerful STAB, while Earthquake backs it up. Stone Edge has great coverage, and Swords Dance gives Garchomp a menacing attack stat.

Azelf Life Orb
    Timid
    252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 HP
    Psyshock
    Flamethrower
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nasty Plot

I run it as fast as possible, so it can outrun base 110s and non-max 115s. Nasty Plot makes its SpAtk rediculous, while backed up by 3 good coverage moves. Psychic is extremely powerful STAB, while Flamethrower destroys resisting Steels. HP Ice is for the all-common Dragons who haunt the OU tier.

Porygon 2 Eviolite
    Download
    Modest
    252 SpAtk 252 HP 4 Def
    Tri Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Recover

This is a more offensively oriented version of Eviolite Porygon 2. Max SpAtk makes it hit hard, while Eviolite and HP EVs make it a defensive beast too! Download > Trace because I love the SpAtk boost when I can get it. Tri Attack is STAB. BoltBeam has awesome coverage to back up Tri Attack, and Recover heals it of the stacked up damage it takes.

Zaptos Expert Belt
    Timid
    252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 Def
    Thunderbolt
    Heat Wave
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Volt Switch

Thunderbolt is an awesome STAB, while Heat Wave covers most types that Thunderbolt doesn't hit effectively. HP Ice takes out the common Dragons and also has really good coverage against a lot of Pokemon. Volt Switch is beastly for scouting, as it allows a switch and deals insane damage to the opponent.

Scizor Leftovers
    Technician
    Adamant
    252 Atk 252 HP 4 SpDef
    Bug Bite
    Bullet Punch
    Superpower
    Swords Dance

Swords Dance boosts Scizors attack to uncalled for levels. Bug Bite is the most powerful STAB move for Scizor after Technician and is incredibly powerful after a Swords Dance. Bullet Punch gets priority, nice power after Technician boost, STAB, and can kill a lot of not-bulky sweepers after a Swords Dance boost. Superpower destroys Steel types and has nice coverage in general.

Cloyster ;91; Focus Sash
    Naughty
    Skill Link
    252 Atk 252 Spd 4 SpAtk
    Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast
    Hydro Pump
    Shell Smash

Cloyster is my lead Pokemon, and has the Focus Sash to ensure survival in order to set up Shell Smash. After Shell Smash, it can kill a ton of stuff. Icicle Spear is BP 125 STAB and 1HKOs a lot of stuff. Rock Blast has great coverage, and again a BP 125 after Skill Link. Finally, Hydro Pump is for Pokemon that have a much lesser SpDef than Def (Skarmory, Fortress, etc).

Please feel free to comment on this team, giving any suggestions. So far, this team is undefeated on Wifi Battle and on Random Match-up. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it!
    Last edited by Spacial Rend; 22nd July 2011 at 12:42 AM.

You might take this over to the competitive RMT forum, since as you mention WiFi play is what you use it for mainly.

Steel Plate is good on Scyther, to boost his Bullet Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacial Rend View Post
    Garchomp Draco Plate
    Jolly
    252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang / Aqua Tail
    Swords Dance

This is a standard Swords Dance Garchomp. Basically, I run it as fast as possible, so it can outrun as much as possible after a Swords Dance. Outrage is its most powerful STAB, while Earthquake backs it up. Stone Edge has great coverage, and Swords Dance gives Garchomp a menacing attack stat.

Stone Edge isn't needed for OU. It was only used last Generation when Garchomp was Uber to kill Lugia while still being able to 2HKO Skarmory after a Swords Dance. It can't do neither here since it isn't holding a Life Orb. Fire Fang gets better type coverage and murders levitating Steels after a Swords Dance. Aqua Tail can also do this and it kills Air Ballon Heatran.

Azelf Life Orb
    Timid
    252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 HP
    Psyshock
    Flamethrower
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nasty Plot

I run it as fast as possible, so it can outrun base 110s and non-max 115s. Nasty Plot makes its SpAtk rediculous, while backed up by 3 good coverage moves. Psychic is extremely powerful STAB, while Flamethrower destroys resisting Steels. HP Ice is for the all-common Dragons who haunt the OU tier.

I would run Psyshock over Psychic for pseudo mixing. Blissey is only 3HKOed by Psychic after a (or is it after 2?) Nasty Plot anyway so you won't be getting past her. Psyshock deals with her, Eviolite Chansey and more Specially Defensive stuff. Grass Knot could be considered if Tyranitar is a problem although Garchomp should probably be enough to check him.

Porygon 2 Eviolite
    Trace
    Modest
    252 SpAtk 252 HP 4 Def
    Tri Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Recover

This is a more offensively oriented version of Eviolite Porygon 2. Max SpAtk makes it hit hard, while Eviolite and HP EVs make it a defensive beast too! Download > Trace because I love the SpAtk boost when I can get it. Tri Attack is STAB. BoltBeam has awesome coverage to back up Tri Attack, and Recover heals it of the stacked up damage it takes.

Trace allows Porygon2 to counter stuff like Salamence and Gyarados better since it bounces their Intimidates back at them. You have no insurance for Dragon Dance variants of either of them (Scizor won't be able to kill Salamence in a pinch without a Choice Band or Life Orb unless it is low on health and Gyarados once set up will probably tear through your team unless Porygon2 can take a boosted hit) so Trace will probably be the superior ability. You probably could pump up his Defense more but I don't know if you'll need it with Eviolite boosting its Defense.

Zaptos Zap Plate
    Timid
    252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 Def
    Thunderbolt
    Heat Wave
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Volt Switch

Thunderbolt is an awesome STAB, while Heat Wave covers most types that Thunderbolt doesn't hit effectively. HP Ice takes out the common Dragons and also has really good coverage against a lot of Pokemon. Volt Switch is beastly for scouting, as it allows a switch and deals insane damage to the opponent.

Looks fine although your item choice only gives Thunderbolt and Volt Switch the boosts. A Choice item (Choice Specs or Choice Scarf) or if Item Clause isn't a problem Life Orb might be better items.

Scizor Leftovers
    Technician
    Adamant
    252 Atk 252 HP 4 Def
    Bug Bite
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break
    Swords Dance

Swords Dance boosts Scizors attack to uncalled for levels. Bug Bite is the most powerful STAB move for Scizor after Technician and is incredibly powerful after a Swords Dance. Bullet Punch gets priority, nice power after Technician boost, STAB, and can kill a lot of not-bulky sweepers after a Swords Dance boost. Superpower destroys Steel types and has nice coverage in general.

You really shouldn't be using Superpower here because even after a Swords Dance I'm pretty sure you won't be able to 2HKO Max HP / Max Defense Skarmory without a Life Orb anyway and the Attack and Defense drops can cut his sweeping turns short. Brick Break may not pack as much power but it still deals with most Steels well enough.

Cloyster ;91; Focus Sash
    Naughty
    Skill Link
    252 Atk 252 Spd 4 SpAtk
    Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast
    Hydro Pump
    Shell Smash

Cloyster is my lead Pokemon, and has the Focus Sash to ensure survival in order to set up Shell Smash. After Shell Smash, it can kill a ton of stuff. Icicle Spear is BP 125 STAB and 1HKOs a lot of stuff. Rock Blast has great coverage, and again a BP 125 after Skill Link. Finally, Hydro Pump is for Pokemon that have a much lesser SpDef than Def (Skarmory, Fortress, etc).

Looks fine.

Please feel free to comment on this team, giving any suggestions. So far, this team is undefeated on Wifi Battle and on Random Match-up. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it!
    Suggestions in bold. Not a bad team. Covered a few nitpicks and possible problems in bold.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

am i missing something? or is there a lack of any walls on this team? i see nothing that can really absorb a strong hit
    Han Solo shot first

You're missing Porygon2. Its stats don't look like much, but after the Eviolite buff it's none too shabby, even without defensive investment. Trace makes it especially good against Intimidate Pokemon, notable Salamence and Gyarados.

A really minor suggestion, but put the 4 EVs in Scizor's Defense into Sp Def instead. It needs that more. Normally, I don't comment on OU teams, but this seems pretty solid.

Also, have you thought about setting up some entry hazards? Pokemon like Scizor are going to make your foes tend to switch, so I would make more use of that. Still, on an offensive team, it's not that much of an issue.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Bad news man but Garchomp just, and I mean just hours ago, got banned from Ou.
    I Love sprite editing, even Fusions, if you want me to make you some just ask.
    I can clone for free, but I might a copy of what I clone(unless it doesn't interest me)
    I offer Iv Breeding and Eggmove Breeding or both at once, just pm with offers.
    This is Wingull:
    He's mildly fast...
    He isn't very strong...
    His movepool is awful...
    Overall he isn't very good.

But just check that swag

Black FC: 2236 7824 8888
    I Do Not Condone Hacking and Will Not clone your hacks.

Garchomp Draco Plate
    Jolly
    252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Hone Claws
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

Garchomp Draco Plate
    Jolly
    252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Hone Claws
    Swords Dance is better... with Hone Claws only boosting Stone Edge, which I changed because of the rather useless coverage, Aqua Tail/Fire Fang are better, and wouldn't need the acc. boost.

Talking

Dude.
    Get a DW Porygon2.
    If you run a relaxed nature, with 0 speed IVs your usually guranteed to go slower and get the analyctic boost

Thanks for bumping a thread from April -_-

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^