Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Random Match-ups

Default Random Match-ups

How are you guys faring in the random match-ups?

I ask because I can't seem to make any head way and people seem to only use the same pokemon.

Do you use random match ups often, and what is you rank?

I've been doing fairly well....when I'm not being rage quit....Jeez, it's very annoying.
    "The mystery of Love is greater than the mystery of death"
    3DS FC: Dangertom-5241 1916 6874
    Pearl FC: Seth-2278 9032 0095
    HeartGold FC: Namine-4856 6246 7847
    SoulSilver FC: Tom-0689 7559 5811
    White FC: Tom-1420 6605 9352

Since I've last posted I've been rage quit against no less than five times. This is ridiculous.
    "The mystery of Love is greater than the mystery of death"
    3DS FC: Dangertom-5241 1916 6874
    Pearl FC: Seth-2278 9032 0095
    HeartGold FC: Namine-4856 6246 7847
    SoulSilver FC: Tom-0689 7559 5811
    White FC: Tom-1420 6605 9352

im doing good but there are so manny disconectors i hate them so much
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

I sucked. However I rage a lot, but I DO NOT disconnect.

However my record is a laughingstock, I'm EV training for the first time and am trying to become at least decent among the community.

I do fairly well, only had like 2 disconnects. Running Ferrothorn, Jellicent and Garchomp as a usual team and changing based on what I see coming if need be.
    Currently not trading or battling until my router is replaced.

Current shinies: Venasaur, Meganium, Cyndiquil, Totadile, Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Ditto, Metagross, Umbreon, Darkrai, Cloyster, Squirtle. Just needs me some Gen 5 Starters and Charizard. (Most is not for trade unless I get a good offer.)

Looking for: Shiny Absol, Shiny Ekans, 1-4 gen fossils, pokerus, Rayquaza, Darkrai and Shaymin.

Can give: Spiritomb, Victini, UT Shaymin, Eevee, Event Celebi, Pokerus, Zorua, both 5th gen fossils and all starters.

I tried it once. I faced a complete noob who sent out his serperior and me my Haxorus. He used Frenzy plant and Giga Impact. One of those players. My Haxorus swept him and he disconnected....grrr. Then I faced two other guys and I was mauled. Bad experience.

I've done one match so far. I was annilhated by acrobatics+flying gem combo on a Scizor
        Spoiler:- Want to find something out?:

Quote Originally Posted by RedMage23 View Post
    The n00b isn't the one who uses Magikarp, the n00b is the one who loses to Magikarp.
    ^WINZORZ!

I got haxed so bad...
    I claim Larvitar!

I do fairly well most the time, but still people who fail vs me when they use latios, garchomps etc are a joke and dc... Then again 95% of people i face abuse Tyranitar, Garchomp, Excadrill, Latios.... pretty lame. Not impressed by people at all on this.

Started to see alot of people using lvl 1 pokemon with focus sash, endeavour etc.... so lame :\

To top if off you beat these people who are using vastly stronger pokemon than you and they STILL dc when you kick their ***....

It is definitely different from the standard metagame because there are no tiers, just some banned legendaries. case in point wobbafett can be found, as well as speed boost blaziken (on japanese teams)

which reminds me, if porygon2 traces shadow tag, wouldnt that prevent wobbafett from switching? because it didnt last night...

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    It is definitely different from the standard metagame because there are no tiers, just some banned legendaries. case in point wobbafett can be found, as well as speed boost blaziken (on japanese teams)

which reminds me, if porygon2 traces shadow tag, wouldnt that prevent wobbafett from switching? because it didnt last night...
    i thinkn they cancel each toher out. Wobba was the only with Shadow Tag in 3rd Gen so I think it is an effect to remove battles that last forever.
        Spoiler:- Want to find something out?:

Quote Originally Posted by RedMage23 View Post
    The n00b isn't the one who uses Magikarp, the n00b is the one who loses to Magikarp.
    ^WINZORZ!

im doing pretty good my record is 15-8 i think, but i use very overused pokemon like tyranitar reuniclus and excadrill. however today i just cant seem to get any matches is wifi down for anyone else or is it just me

diconnectors are really annoying but im doing alright, the worst part is that the opponents pokemon almost always wake up within 2 turns after my breloom uses spore which really sucks im half tempted to to try a rain or trick room team sometime

I just keep getting destroyed by crazy japanese teams.

Disconnecting is evil

I'm pwning now that I'm using EV trained Haxorus
    Yes, I version track, manga read, and TCG at the same time. =]

Do YOU believe in the power of Kurt's pokeballs? I DO!!!!! I will prove this to the world by catching Mewtwo with a Love Ball.... copy this in your signature if you will try to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by 345tom View Post
    I just keep getting destroyed by crazy japanese teams.
    I know! so stupid they got the DW pokes and we dont!

I have claimed Giratina

I've only ever won once, And they disconnected on me. :/

People disconnect so much on rating mode that I just play the casual mode because i'm sick of people rage quitting

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I can't find anyone to fight in Rotation battles... D= Oh, and yes, when I DO find someone they have Over Powered hacked Pokemon, or they're some raging Japanese person looking to kill my poor Pokemons >.<
    Velmur's PokePet

Dragonite the level 70 Dragonite!

they really need to fix the rating system to compensate for all the deliberate disconnects. if I had a point for every time someone disconnected on me....I would be less mad at least. also if the move would end with a win and they quit in the middle you would think it would record the outcome like in PO.

LOL moment: facing a team with dragonite, salamence, flygon, hydregion, and garchomp. such a noob. his rating was below 1400. he did manage to bolt cloyster because I shell smashed. and he quit....

I have claimed Giratina

I rage quit a little... but, I hate it when they see your Pokemon and run. Also, from this moment on, I will not rage quit ANYMORE!
    Velmur's PokePet

Dragonite the level 70 Dragonite!

Ugh, too many disconnecters. My score would be a lot better if it weren't for them, but it's still pretty good. I think it's at a 1,575.

My gliscor and gengar are amazing.
    I rage quit a little... but, I hate it when they see your Pokemon and run. Also, from this moment on, I will not rage quit ANYMORE!
    I wish all rage quiters would say this....Good to see someone being a better sport.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

There should really be a rating penalty for disconnecting. But I've gotta be honest, I have rage quitted a few times in the past just cuz I saw other people do it... I feel like a horrible idiot. XO But now I know that they'll ban you if you keep disconnecting, so I don't disconnect any more.

But my trick is to play rating mode during the hours 10AM to 2PM. In America, that's when Japan is asleep, any they just DOMINATE.

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast