Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Random Match-ups

Wow, that was my LOL moment... I got obliterated by someone, then after the killing move, I got a connection error on my side -.- Poor guy on the other side...
    Velmur's PokePet

Dragonite the level 70 Dragonite!

I've lost 6 times..out of 6! Sad... I think people never disconnect cuz I suck so bad...disconnecting isnt a huge problem for me. I tend to see lots of japanese and previous gen teams.

I'm doing ok on free battle. 57/43 win/loss so far. Ranking battle is a waste of time, though. You either get flattened or quit on. I think my score was under 1300 when I decided to stop bothering.

I did find, squirreled away on the global link site, a mention that players who register too many disconnects will be banned from ranking battle, so I'm hoping if Nintendo bring down the banhammer things will improve...

Oop, sorry. Double post. Stupid phone...

I had a few goes on the Random Matchup, and It was quite fun. Although you do get the occasional disconnector which I find an annoyance.

I think I had a win/loss ratio of 11/3. Might've been that, but I recently restarted Pokemon Black because I wanted to replay the story

Pokemon Shinies up for trade.

Spoiler:- My Shinies (All Untouched):

Spoiler:- My Shiny Legendaries (Not For Trade):

yesterday i got 9 disconnects in a row because my Jumpluff is not messing around
    no but seriously my jumpluff sweeped everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    They do work FOR the Marines, supplying intelligence to them and acting as guards for the Gate of Justice. Heck, if they didn't work for the Marines, why would Aokiji give them the power to order a Buster Call? He just hands that power out to random people?
    this guy thinks CP9 works for the marines

I could understand if people were to dc against me for using lame tactics or the same op pokemon... but I keep getting people dc against me for using pretty average pokes, standard tactics and they cry because I sweep their garchomp, latios and haxorus with one pokemon....

Serves people right for using the same crappy pokes and don't know how to use them.

Default #4, usa

I'm currently #4 In the USA Doubles rating match ups but i seem to be having a bit of trouble lately. just about every time i win a match the other player disconnects!!. I'v had over 20 opponent's disconnect, after i win, in the last 3 days. As you can imagine this is pretty upsetting! i read some were on the main website that frequent disconnections result in DQ for the season. this means that I'm taking all my loses (5), so not to get DQed, and am unable to get any further WINS (13) do to disconnection. seems like a pretty Bad game flaw if you ask me!! Any way my question is does any buddy know if these "opponent's disconnections" could possibly result in MY being DQed? THANKS!!

After another day I can say I've been experiencing alot less disconnectors. Maybe my luck has turned! Currently working on an all shiny team...lets hope this Masuda Method works out...gulp. 2/6 so far...
    "The mystery of Love is greater than the mystery of death"
    3DS FC: Dangertom-5241 1916 6874
    Pearl FC: Seth-2278 9032 0095
    HeartGold FC: Namine-4856 6246 7847
    SoulSilver FC: Tom-0689 7559 5811
    White FC: Tom-1420 6605 9352

Just took out a jap guys blissey and garchomp with a poliwrath NOT using swift swim and he dcd :x

The Random Match-up is still nice, though.

I'm back, baby.

Sigh, some kid using a garchomp quit 2 times in a row vs me.... Didn't even manage to kill one of my pokes :\

3rd time now...

Even better, faced a guy using Nidoking spamming Horn Drill and Haxorus trying to use Guillotine on my Gengar :x owned him and ofc he quits...

I've done 50/50, with only 5 d/c's (four wins, one where it likely was an accident). I started off using my in-game team, and it scored a win for each loss. I played with more thought out parties later, and did better, but I stopped doing random because I really don't like how only triples lets you use a full team, and the other goofy restrictions.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/21l4mm9.png[/IMG]
    Banner done by TheUmbreonMaster

"I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

Quote Originally Posted by Del Mundo View Post
    There should really be a rating penalty for disconnecting. But I've gotta be honest, I have rage quitted a few times in the past just cuz I saw other people do it... I feel like a horrible idiot. XO But now I know that they'll ban you if you keep disconnecting, so I don't disconnect any more.

But my trick is to play rating mode during the hours 10AM to 2PM. In America, that's when Japan is asleep, any they just DOMINATE.

FINALLY! I have finally found the time Japanese people are supposed to be sleeping! Thank you very much!

Back on subject, I've Disconnected several times due to hax, mainly parahax and misses, but now that my rating has gone up (7 wins, 6 losses) I have vowed not to disconnect anymore, the bad thing is, sometimes it's my connections fault.
    Latest RNG:

||Emboar| OT: Luis
    Brave | |Blaze| 31/31/31/5/31/0 | Hatched: Nuvema Town | 6/15/11
    |Flare Blitz | Hammer Arm | Wild Bolt | Earthquake|

I never found the Japanese to be any better at Pokemon than Americans on PBR. If anything I thought they were easier because they used more gimmicks that were easily predictable.

I've only won two out of eleven battles lol although I did win another but the guy disconnected. I'm new to pokemon online though so I still don't have a decent team.

And all ragequitters need to grow up. It's only a game.

Default mee tooo D:

Quote Originally Posted by Invader Zim View Post
    I've only ever won once, And they disconnected on me. :/

LOOOOL i have won zip :P
    I know I am real...
    but i don't know if you are.....
    or my own illusion....
    is the world I live in real......

White FC 2580-2624-1554
    Looking for:
    Dakrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus

Much to offer ^^

Ran into my fist Speed Boost Blaziken on it today. And that ability is what won my opponent the match, even against my Jolly Infernape. (which does WAY better than I thought it would)
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

The function? Good. The people using them? Could be better..... :/

Former Champion of SerebiiForums.com

[img]http://i56.*******.com/2yy1js9.jpg[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/user/KingsOfPokemon
    Subscribe for the highest level competitive matches!

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    Ran into my fist Speed Boost Blaziken on it today. And that ability is what won my opponent the match, even against my Jolly Infernape. (which does WAY better than I thought it would)
    and thats what happens when one market gets access to them first

I have claimed Giratina

ok, i am officially thinking twice about using the ranking system. i guess i am luckier than most since i have been able to scrape 5 wins (2 of them from forfeits due to my pokemon having been boosted up way too much ) but for the past week, i have been disconnected on every single match. its not even in the middle of the fight, ITS WHEN THE GAME SAYS I'VE ALREADY WON. if that is not enough, most of these players are japanese and are using dream world pokemon. i don't disconnect on principle but even if i did, i wouldn't disconnect when the computer already logged the win. this just gets me frustrated when i get home after a long day just to get disconnected on. talk about depressing. D:
    friend codes:
    diamond - 2235 9887 2777
    platinum - 4426 4220 5970
    white - 4985 5040 1077

I don't use Random Match much, but when I do my foes often end up ragequitting when I win, like others.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    I don't use Random Match much, but when I do my foes often end up ragequitting when I win, like others.
    Yeah, I hate that. That's why I have about 1/4 more lost matches than won matches.
    Hisashiburi da na poketo monsta toreina!

Poketo monsta no tatakau?

Friend Code:

Cecelia Black 2 - 228058814990
    Cecelia Black - 266614694116
    Cecelia SoulSilver - 253660467378
    Cecelia Pearl - 099000470545

Pokémon Pearl: Pokédex: Seen: 493/Caught: 493, Hours: 670
    Started: June 2nd 2009

Pokémon Black 2: Pokédex: Seen 649/Caught: 649, Hours: ~ 170
    Started: October 11th 2012

Pokémon Master Cecelia - she wants to be the very best like no one ever was.

I lost to a guy who had a butterfree that knew judgement and the HP REGAINED every time he took damage. The guy OBVIOUSLY cheated. His other pokemon was 3 beedrils and 2 more butterfrees
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/1z1d54y.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- FC:

Spoiler:- Team Enchanted Garden:

Spoiler:- pending trades:

It ticks me off to no end when the opponent disconnects as soon as the battle turns sour...

I'll admit I was guilty of doing the same thing once. I kept telling myself I wouldn't, but my temper won because the opponent kept breaking Sleep clause with Spore...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast