Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Random Match-ups

Everytime my opponent - okay, not everytime, but often - notices, that one of my pokémon is extremely powerful like my Yanmega and beats most of his Pokémon, he just disconnects. Even when it is directly after I have beaten his last pokémon. What a joke.
    Hisashiburi da na poketo monsta toreina!

Poketo monsta no tatakau?

Friend Code:

Cecelia Black 2 - 228058814990
    Cecelia Black - 266614694116
    Cecelia SoulSilver - 253660467378
    Cecelia Pearl - 099000470545

Pokémon Pearl: Pokédex: Seen: 493/Caught: 493, Hours: 670
    Started: June 2nd 2009

Pokémon Black 2: Pokédex: Seen 649/Caught: 649, Hours: ~ 170
    Started: October 11th 2012

Pokémon Master Cecelia - she wants to be the very best like no one ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by ClefairyRox View Post
    It ticks me off to no end when the opponent disconnects as soon as the battle turns sour...

I'll admit I was guilty of doing the same thing once. I kept telling myself I wouldn't, but my temper won because the opponent kept breaking Sleep clause with Spore...
    If it was on random match ups, then how could they have agreed to abide by such a rule in the first place?

I mostly lose against Japanese players.
    They obliterated me in the beggining, but now i can fight back. I still lose though... guess thats what happens when you monotype at random match >)
    White Version
    FC: 5071 6354 3653
    White 2 Version
    FC: 2409 3046 5967
        Spoiler:- ???:

I have a question reguarding Random Match-ups and I didn't know where to post it, so I posted it here. If this is the wrong spot, please repost is and PM me. Well, here it is. Whenever I try to use my Pokemon on for Random match-ups, it says that there is a problem. At first it I thought it was because my friend got me illegally hacked ones, so I got ones legit, but it still says there is a problem with them. Does anyone have an idea why?
    Nintendo 3Ds Friend Code: 3024 6159 3837
    Looking for Ditto Safari.
    PM me anytime for battles.

The box...[ ]...With it's implications of rigidity and squareness. It symbolizes unimaginative thinking and painful frustration. Sometimes we just have to step back, and see if the solution to the problem lies outside the box. Add this to you signature if you find solutions outside the box.

its kinda annoying how people disconnect- some people also are complete dragon teams which is kinda cheap..

Once i was even playing someone with the same name as me, i was like oh cool and then they sent out their hacked shiny level 100s.. My fair pokemon crushed their hacked ones and right when it was about to say i won they disconnected. wow-

Chaos made by Katatakat and Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by like 20 newbs View Post
    I have a question reguarding Random Match-ups and I didn't know where to post it, so I posted it here. If this is the wrong spot, please repost is and PM me. Well, here it is. Whenever I try to use my Pokemon on for Random match-ups, it says that there is a problem. At first it I thought it was because my friend got me illegally hacked ones, so I got ones legit, but it still says there is a problem with them. Does anyone have an idea why?
    that happened to me too before, since im guessing you got past the person who tells you that you cant use ledgendaries i think it might be because one of your pokemon might know sky drop its a banned move from wifi contests because if its a double battle and while your in the air then the opponet uses gravity you stay up there for good anyway, if that is why then youd just have to delete the move

Chaos made by Katatakat and Sworn Metalhead

the random match-ups are just getting annoying, you either find a disconnector or a nearly unbeatable japanese team. Plus nearly everyone i find has tyranitar which ruins my rain team

Quote Originally Posted by StarlightUmbreon View Post
    that happened to me too before, since im guessing you got past the person who tells you that you cant use ledgendaries i think it might be because one of your pokemon might know sky drop its a banned move from wifi contests because if its a double battle and while your in the air then the opponet uses gravity you stay up there for good anyway, if that is why then youd just have to delete the move
    I double-checked and none of my Pokemon know the move Sky Drop. Any other ideas?

The box...[ ]...With it's implications of rigidity and squareness. It symbolizes unimaginative thinking and painful frustration. Sometimes we just have to step back, and see if the solution to the problem lies outside the box. Add this to you signature if you find solutions outside the box.

I've had 10 decent battles in a row and only 1 was a disconnect!
    Pokemon black Friend Code: 2150-9726-1433
    3DS friend code: 4639-9080-7732
    Name: storm

everyone turns the power off on me
    My Shaymin Will Eat Your Soul
    Zoruas 4 Sale: Want Shinys, Legendaries, Competitive Breed Pokemon, EV'd Pokemon, Rare Pokemon.

Need an Untouched Modest Victini with decent-perfect ivs

Have a Pokemon XD Purified Lugia up for Grabs

Hi, Kinda new but i have been using serebii for years now

I hate the random battles tbh, i don't like how you can't have multiple items :'(
    Also only able to use 3 out of 6 sucks trying to cover as much weakness with 3 is hard!

Also things im commonly seeing are;

Speed Boost Blaziken (Swampert with roar is the best counter iv found x.x)
    Drought Ninetails with subseeding Liligant and chlorophyll, i actually rage quit on those sets.
    Drizzle politode.... need not say more.
    Evolite Chansey Duskclops and Porygon2............ OP MUCH! And extra 50% in both def's!!! Chansey looses a little bit of attack and speed and 10 hp for and extra 50 def and like 150 sp. def x.x (At lvl 100)
    Bright powder Volcarona.... missed 4 times in a row on that thing i was not happy! Still won which made me smug :P
    I find it so hard to use 3 pokemon and it also feels like luck of the draw in a way..
    im 15 wins to 17 losses.... i will admit my losses would be more like 20 because i can't stand the new drought teams, im willing to loose to someone who uses variety and skill rather than op DW abilities that can only be countered by a drizzle team or a T-tar :L

But other than that it can be fun Also i do have a lack of experience in competitive battling i only have the knowledge ( Literally started 2 weeks ago but have researched for much longer :L)

Other than the DC'ers, I'm faring well. I haven't been able to used Wi-fi for a Pokemon game, so this is my first time Random matching on BW. I've followed and watched a lot of videos, but truly, experiencing it is a totally different thing.

I haven't seen any thing like SB Blaziken and Weather teams yet, though. Though that may be only because I play on Free mode (still assembling my COMPETITIVE team), so checking stuff out with my in-game team.
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

Quote Originally Posted by like 20 newbs View Post
    I double-checked and none of my Pokemon know the move Sky Drop. Any other ideas?
    You might have two of the same pokemon in your party or you might of accidently made two hold the same item.

Here are my Pokemon @ items. If anything in there would cause them not to be useable on Wifi, or you have any other ideas I'd appreciate it. Zoroark @ Shell Bell, Volcarona @ Charti Berry, Haxorus @ Haban Berry, Scrafty @ Leftovers, Scizor @ Occa Berry, Gengar @ Focus Sash. Thanks for all your help.

I started off well enough.. 3-0 until I ran into a moody Octillery.

My first attack missed, cue the moody Octillery to get an evasiveness boost. After that every single one of my attacks missed. Needless to say I lost the match.

Then it kept matching me up against people that had 100+ wins, even one with 1724! lol.

I'm now 6-4.

I just wish you could use 6 pokemon for singles.
    White FC: 0647-6590-5430

I'm doing pretty well, too. I've had like 4 disconnets

I remember my funnest battle, was when I easily killed Hydreigon, Rotom W and sawk with my F.E.A.R.
    He switched 3 times in a row, and I used endeavor 3 times, then quick attack for killing them

Quote Originally Posted by Farfan View Post
    I'm doing pretty well, too. I've had like 4 disconnets

I remember my funnest battle, was when I easily killed Hydreigon, Rotom W and sawk with my F.E.A.R.
    He switched 3 times in a row, and I used endeavor 3 times, then quick attack for killing them
    Did this guy not know how to counter fear?

On that subject I ran around with sturdy aaron for a little last night because I was bored. And this was the only time I got dcs.
    Currently not trading or battling until my router is replaced.

Current shinies: Venasaur, Meganium, Cyndiquil, Totadile, Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Ditto, Metagross, Umbreon, Darkrai, Cloyster, Squirtle. Just needs me some Gen 5 Starters and Charizard. (Most is not for trade unless I get a good offer.)

Looking for: Shiny Absol, Shiny Ekans, 1-4 gen fossils, pokerus, Rayquaza, Darkrai and Shaymin.

Can give: Spiritomb, Victini, UT Shaymin, Eevee, Event Celebi, Pokerus, Zorua, both 5th gen fossils and all starters.

I've been OK.And I got a ragequitting once when I killed a dragonite with my Escavalier with counter.

Speaking of battles, I remember that I battled a japanese gut who had a record of 1500-like wins, and his team was only electric pokemons,and I almost lost the match due to an emolga.Luckily, my conkeldurr countered that flying squirrel,minum and ampharos.

I went on with my in game team and lol I got about 50% wins. It's unpredictable about non-legend ubers though, I've been up against heaps of chandlelures and garchomps.

I've got about 80 wins and 30 losses... using leads is hard, with only 3 pokemon matches. You really want more use out of a Pokemon than just being frail and getting away with a taunt and maybe an encore, or leech seed.
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

It is definitely different from the standard metagame because there are no tiers, just some banned legendaries. case in point wobbafett can be found, as well as speed boost blaziken (on japanese teams)
    well i came across a speed boost blaziken and i kiked its but but the loser discounted right after i beat all of his pokemon,i was sooo mad
    Come hang out with me on xbox live, gamer tag: toawest1
    3DS Pokemon Y FC 4983-6283-5

Well, I'm doing pretty good! Look at my sig for my record.

Thundurus works very well for me, and Ferrothorn kicks rain's butt.
    PKMN White FC:3696-9536-5314
    PM me if you want me to rate your team!

Random Matchup Score(singles): 174 wins, 38 losses
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R136a1
    ^My favorite star!

My copy-pasters:
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature. (started by Jay-X)

The Gay Thread Amnesty Plea- Let's have some common sense. A ban on all threads relating to issues of Homosexuality for at least a month. Yes I have taken Amnesty ever so slightly out of context but I imagine you get my drift.
    (Snorunt conservationist)

I actually got one star on my Free Double Record. Took a long time to get there due to the rage quits.

I haven't played in awhile actually, but I did it alongside a document that had my win/loss record, people who disconnected (nearly 40), places, their from, and the Pokemon they used.

In this order, Volcarona, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Garchomp, and Chandelure are my most-fought Pokemon.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilijix View Post
    In this order, Volcarona, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Garchomp, and Chandelure are my most-fought Pokemon.
    I rarely ever find a team without Garchomp/Tyranitar.

Everyone uses sandstorm these days....It's always Tyranitar/Garchomp or Tyranitar/Excadrill. It's gotten pretty old. Lots of people rage quit when I use Aerial Acer scizor, to. Garchomp apparently can't beat that, especially the double team trolls.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I see rain team use declining (politoed+kingdra). It's kind of weird, being that it used to be everywhere.
    PKMN White FC:3696-9536-5314
    PM me if you want me to rate your team!

Random Matchup Score(singles): 174 wins, 38 losses
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R136a1
    ^My favorite star!

My copy-pasters:
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature. (started by Jay-X)

The Gay Thread Amnesty Plea- Let's have some common sense. A ban on all threads relating to issues of Homosexuality for at least a month. Yes I have taken Amnesty ever so slightly out of context but I imagine you get my drift.
    (Snorunt conservationist)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast