Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: When you surfed, did you encounter about 60 Tentacools before getting back on land?

Ah yes it got me annoyed! And even more so when i would forget to restock on repels! D:<
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by trfan View Post
    Also I love how when you just want to leave its every step you take but when you want to catch a Pokemon you have to run through 50 acres of grass just for one random encounter, the game hates me!
    Tentacruel, Tentacruel, Tentacruel, Tentacruel, Hey I want to catch a Tentacruel!....................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............Magikarp. AAAAARGH!!!
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

It would definitely get very tedious without repels.
    Black 2 friend code: 2065-7310-3529
    Black friend code: 0390-2794-7640
    3DS friend code: 0774-4855-2711

Unless you had repels, the real question is:

Who hasn't?

not in emerald, unless I really need to move to places without pokes bothering me.

why? because wingulls and pelippers. they actually give speed EV

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I've played RSE about 5 times, and yes, I actually did the whole water routes area with no repels, because I felt they were a waste of money. The thing that prevented me from going crazy was my patience.

The only time I used repels is in Plat Victory Road, because that place was BSing me <_<
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Heh, I seen a lot of Tentacools in the waters of Hoenn. So much that I found a shiny one on the route to Mossdeep coming from Lilycove. He was level 23. He is now level 95 (still a tentacool) in the pc of Black, never to be used again.

Same here. I hate it when stupid tentacool show up on me and forgetting repels.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

The Tentacools sure were annoying... It helps when I have a ton of Max Repels while surfing, but a lot of times I'd run out. :/

Yes... But luckily I discovered the amazing Repel a long long time later. I only started using Repels a few monthes ago, and I've been playing for years....

Whoever didn't encounter Tentacool every few seconds in the games (without using Repels) were lucky. For everyone else, the game did it to laugh at your back, pretty much. "Oh, you caught an almighty Legendary, eh? Good for you, here's a legion of Tentacool to keep you busy. Should bring that Rayquaza up a few levels at the least. You cannot escape. Hahahahahaha!"
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I find it funny that whenever I'm surfing for the hell of it I always find thousands of Tentacool, but when I want to EV train in Special Defence they all seem to melt beneath the waves...

I do find it useful for a bit of EV training on random poke. since it was mostly ingame stuff it really didn't matter who got the spd evs

i never really encountered that many Tentacool, for me it was mostly Wingull (or Pelipper).

Like other people have said, yes but they are useful when EV training. (But when you're not, my god...)

Stock up on repels, A LOT!
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

I figured I might as well EV train against the Tentacools. That way I get where I want and train how I want at the same time!

Yes I did. i hate them. Stupid jellyfishes.

ARBOK
    EVER

Ugh, do not remind me. This is the reason i think getting a shiny one won't take as long. *BAM!* encounter. run away as usual, then take a step *BAM!* encounter. you barely have to move the control pad XD

aww hoenn the days when i though repels were worthless

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Not for me. At all. After doing so much surfing before I bet the league on Emerald, after I defeated the league I decided to have a look at my PokéDex. That was when I saw, that I had NEVER seen even a single Tentacool. Not even in the wild. Where Tentacool would be, it was listed as a '?'
    Believe me or not, it's true.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

They just kept on comin'
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

I think its the case for most of us. I thought repels were useless back then.
    xD

RAWK ON

During my first playthroughs, yes.
    Now, I stock up major on Max Repels, as even running into Pokemon in tall grass annoys me. Lol. I have places to be, dam it! >:c

Man... I remember that always happens to me. I keep running into a lot of them with the occasional Wingull. That's why I keep bringing repels with me everytime I go out at sea.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast