Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshawott's Lost Scalchop (690)

Default Oshawott's Lost Scalchop (690)

The Lost Shell! Oshawott's Biggest Crisis!

On their way to Nimbasa City, Ash is challenged by a trainer and his Blitzle. Oshawott decides to battle, insiting it can defend attacks with its shell. However, when Blitzles attacks knock Oshawott's shell flying away, Oshawott faces a crisis in not having its shell. Will he be able to find his shell, and will he be able to perfect his defence?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Aqua Jet fails again and Blitzle uses Flame Charge.

Oshawott throwing down the bottlecap was cute. Joltik appears and it is cute.

Training time, cool montage. Another montage at night and it's holding up the rock scalchop to practice reflecting.
    Last edited by playerking; 21st April 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Aw, Axew found the scalchop for him.

Also, does that make Aqua Jet mastered, meaning this != filler?
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

It mastered Aqua Jet? See I wouldn't know since I saw about 3 mintues of the episode thanks to EFF*** Keyhole. But that is nice to see, I guess.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Well it nearly made Blitzle blast off with one, but Keyhole was so laggy I can't be sure it you could call it 'mastered'

This will definitely be one of my most favorite episodes, though I'm not sure where to place it.

- It has comedy in it.
    - It was a great training episode
    - Oshawott shows off some great personality. I just love how in BW004 it didn't want to battle Dewott, but in this episode Oshawott's like "No, no Pikachu, I'll take care of this" I mean seriously great character development in this episode or at least shows how much development Oshawott has gotten since BW004.
    - It had great bonding moments between Ash and Oshawott.
    - Oshawott gets another win

I honestly cannot say anything bad about this episode, because to me it was without flaws. Feel free to disagree but I don't care, I loved this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Well it nearly made Blitzle blast off with one, but Keyhole was so laggy I can't be sure it you could call it 'mastered'
    I'd say Aqua Jet needs more work.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 21st April 2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

So it didn't perfect it, not too bad for the first filler. Even though I've only seen a bit of it, the training montage was good.

This isn't the first filler for Unova -- in fact it's the third. "Saving Darmanitan From The Bell" and the Litwick episodes are the others.

Here we go with the is it, is it not a filler argument again. Sigh.

Anyways very fun episode, always nice to see Ash battle a random trainer and a TR gap is welcomed as it stops them from becoming forced and annoying. Only a little disappointed that Blitzle's stripes did not glow yellow like its game sprite when it used its attacks, oh well, maybe in future episodes.
    Still fun episode all around. Maybe all this early training for Oshawott is a sign that it might still evolve one day? I can only hope!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    This isn't the first filler for Unova -- in fact it's the third. "Saving Darmanitan From The Bell" and the Litwick episodes are the others.
    Not going to start that argument again, but absolutely nothing happened in this episode that was important, unless you count Oshawott getting some training done important. 30 episodes, it was a nice run, but who cares anyway, it seemed like a good episode.

The Darmanitan had TR receiving the briefcase and in Litwik we learnt of one of Yamask's attacks. And please don't come back going 'Well apart from that they're filler' because apart from the bit that makes them not-filler, every episode is filler.

EDIT: And as if it matters, it still wasn't a 'COTD has a problem with POTD that Ash/Misty/Brock/May/Dawn/Max/Tracey offers to help only to be attacked by TR in a giant mecha and a silly disguise.'
    Last edited by Sabonea_Masukippa; 21st April 2011 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    The Darmanitan had TR receiving the briefcase and in Litwik we learnt of one of Yamask's attacks. And please don't come back going 'Well apart from that they're filler' because apart from the bit that makes them not-filler, every episode is filler.
    Thank you! See, Sabonea gets it. I'm just glad Ash and Oshawott got some friendly training in, plus Oshawott doing Pushups with the Rock-Scalchop on it's back was cute because it was small, I want more Oshawott episodes.
    Last edited by playerking; 21st April 2011 at 12:45 PM.

In this ep, Ash can lift and run with both a boulder AND his Pikachu on his back. In Me, Myself and Time, when he was apparently older, he couldn't even get a boulder of roughly the same size off the ground! :/
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone here besides me think that there is a slim chance Oshawott will evolve?
    My Rockin' Team:;500;;635;;612;;553;;628;;609; or ;571;;637;;623;;614;;604;;537; Zoroark is a shiny! :P
    FC:3740-0612-7222
    Name:Cameron
    Wins:41
    Losses:7
    Draws:2
    5 STARS!!!
    Scizor is the best Bug and Steel!

Slim? I think there's a very big chance of oshawott evolving.

Wow, this was a horrible episode. It was boring, unfunny, and tedious. Oshawott was annoying (which is strange since I usually love the little guy), the plot was beyond stupid, and nothing really happened. Easily the worst episode of Best Wishes so far.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    Wow, this was a horrible episode. It was boring, unfunny, and tedious. Oshawott was annoying (which is strange since I usually love the little guy), the plot was beyond stupid, and nothing really happened. Easily the worst episode of Best Wishes so far.
    Nah, I think that title belongs to the Gothitelle episode. Or what I personally disliked, the Munna episode

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    Well, that's all just subjective.. I mean if you're a fan of Joltik and Blitzle you could've liked this episode more then you probably did now.. It's all just forshadowing for Oshawott becoming a major focus later on.

I mean we haven't seen Tepig, or Snivy, or Swadloon, or Tranquill, or Scraggy get episodes devoted to them, other then the ones they were caught in (or not even that, looking at you Tranquill).

This episode basically told us, even if we already knew, that Oshawott will be Ash's main pokemon throughout Unova.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

This is in no way a filler are you guys crazy or what? lol...

****ing character development =/= filler.

Anyway wasn't able to see the episode but it looks great and fun and some cute moments, gotta watch it later.

Cilan: Derrrishious!
    Shut up you dork <3

This trio is so wonderfully goofy. Seriously Iris, a Berry as a shield? Cilan's cloche? On the one hand, it's so like them to recommend such things, but on the other... It's not often that they have absolute brain fart moments like this and not even consider that the items are so obviously inadequate.

Also, good job Ash for turning the tables and being the voice of reason for once. Though it was hilarious how he kept reprimanding them and telling them to think of new ideas while he didn't make a single suggestion himself XD

This episode made me like Oshawott so much more. I thought it had its cute moments before, but a lot of its gags seemed pretty Piplup-esque until now, something which isn't my cup of tea. But this time, it wasn't all that bratty and made a genuine effort to work on its strength. I felt real sympathy seeing it make a concerned face whenever it was handed a new item (implying it already had a feeling it wouldn't work), but still willing to give it a try.

Also liked the little running gag with Ash pronouncing Kenyan's name wrong.

Cilan x Cloche seems to be the main shipping for Best Wishes. I approve.

On the whole, everyone and everything was so cute and I wanted to hug them all. The animation was nothing short of eye candy material.

Nah, I think that title belongs to the Gothitelle episode.
    Nah, I kinda liked that one because Gothitelle is cute in an ugly way.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Worst episode of BW is The Bloom Is On Axew.

Why isn't this on youtube!? It looks decent, from the photos. I love how Oshawott went through all that just to have Axew nonchalently find it at the end.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Meh worst chapter of BW is the Gothielle one, by far, it was basicly the only one I didn't bother watching the subbed version even though I still downloaded it.

I liked this episode a lot.

It was adorable how Axew was running with the found shell.

Random : PokéRadar

if anything this and the other episodes focusing on oshawott just prove that it won't be take a more important part latter on. the writers always do this they focus on one pokemon almost exclusively and then thats pretty much it for that pokemon. Oshawott is getting his early on he'll be taking a back seat later in the series.

hard to say who will end up being the main focus later on in the series such as league time and such. honestly i'd expect pidove or sewaddle since they aren;t being used much at all at this point. Though tepig or scraggy could definetely still be canidates.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast