Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oshawott's Lost Scalchop (690)

This episode wasn't bad. I think Oshawott wouldn't be able to live without its shell for long, considering the fact that its shell develops into a super sharp horn in its final form, Samurott.
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

I thought the shells turn into the scabbards for the swords that Samurott wields...
    But yeah, glad that episode came on. I love episodes themed on Oshawott
    Here's hope it'll evolve before the next gym. And actually evolve into its final evo.
    Last edited by Elementer; 25th April 2011 at 4:26 PM.
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Elementer View Post
    I thought the shells turn into the scabbards for the swords that Samurott wields...
    But yeah, glad that episode came on. I love episodes themed on Oshawott
    Here's hope it'll evolve before the next gym. And actually evolve into its final evo.
    A lot of Ash's Pokemon never reach their final form. Let's keep our fingers crossed for his Unova team.
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

Quote Originally Posted by ViperQueen View Post
    Joltik was adorable, it looked like the size of a crumbled tissue. Isn't it like the smallest pokemon "shown" so far through out pokemon?
    It's the smallest Pokemon overall. There's not a single Pokemon that is smaller, when using the dex sizes. The anime can easily throw in a oddly size Pokemon and make it even smaller, but other then that no Pokemon is smaller.

Joltik was awesome, even if it was just there for a very short time.

Cilan was awesome in this episode as well. Cilan just being Cilan.

Iris took a back seat in this episode, not much stuff from here that I enjoyed. She was just there.

I was hoping Oshawott would master Aqua Jet here, but I guess Speed and Power increase is better then nothing.

It was a nice episode overall for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I just rewatched this episode, and if Oshawott doesn't end up as the big gun of Unova I will eat my head. They made so many references to his speed it's just too obvious. We all know Ash works well with speedsters, and given Sceptile and Infernape were often described as being very fast I don't think it's a ridiculous assumption that Ash's powerhouses always have some kind of speed or agility advantage (Zard's=flight). As such, I'm sure Oshawott will go all the way and be the regions heavy hitter.

Beautiful animation btw, and a good battle. I liked the side by side Aqua Jet/Flame Charge ram battle, was an excellent way to finish the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Minor thing, but during the rematch, Ash was conteplating on which move Oshawott should use after using many tackles, (Aqua jet low control and lack of scallchop making Razor blade unusable) but I don't get why he didn't use Water gun?
    X Version, Friend code
    4098 - 3179 - 9820
    Friend Safari, Rock Type (Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore)

Quote Originally Posted by Chill92 View Post
    Minor thing, but during the rematch, Ash was conteplating on which move Oshawott should use after using many tackles, (Aqua jet low control and lack of scallchop making Razor blade unusable) but I don't get why he didn't use Water gun?
    I wondered that too. Water Gun is Oshawott's only Special Move, the rest are Physical, maybe he wanted to stick to physical moves only? thats my only guess.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    I wondered that too. Water Gun is Oshawott's only Special Move, the rest are Physical, maybe he wanted to stick to physical moves only? thats my only guess.
    perhaps if he used Water Gun, Blitzle's electric attacks would conduct thru the water gun and hit oshawott.

This episode was great. I thought I would be annoyed to no end because Oshawott tends to butt-in in episodes that don't concern him at all, and it happened a fair few times recently. But no, this episode was funny and yet more importantly, shows trainer-pokemon bonding, which outwrites any faults of the episode (Which I can't think of any, I won't consider Oshawott's antics annoying because it is, after all, an episode featuring him.)

Trainer-of-the-day for this episode really reminds me of those trainers you meet on routes on the way, unlike those anime ones, because Kenyan doesn't require any sort of help and is simply there for the battle. As much as we won't ever see him again, I actually hope Ash runs into him for the league (Imagine, if Unova's League included every TOTD that Ash met in Unova, it would have been epic.)

Oshawott running after his blasted-off-again Scalchop was hilarious, expected and yet sad (Imagine if you lost something you value only second to your life, the same blasted-off-again way.)

Bottle Cap reminds me of James, which reminds me that TR is now half-serious, half-jokers and don't appear in every episode, which has now effectively made them this the best season EVER in Pokemon history in terms of how TR is managed. Prior to TR vs TP they may have been a tad too serious, but considering it was for an epic 2-parter we have yet to see (XD), I'll let it go for the build-up.

Joltik.... AWWWWWW... Gosh, is the Galvantula Family destined to be the Annoyed-Pokemon-Of-The-Day (We had Galvantula for 2 episodes). I'm not complaining. Its my favorite line in Unova, and the more they appear the better!

And then came the replacement antics. Downright silly, but fun to watch. Iris and Cilan obviously didn't think about their choices through. One can be cooked and the other downright conducts electricity. Sorry Cilan, its your own fault you have to polish it again, no matter how kind your intentions were.

Dwebble making a pseudo-scalchop was a fantastic idea. Now why in the other-than-plot-demands-it world Dwebble was incapable of making a regular-sized Scalchop. Maybe Dwebbles in general aren't precision-sculptors and cannot make a Scalchop accurately in that size. After all, Cilan's Dwebble seems pretty ordinary as far as Dwebbles go.

I loved the training and encourgament scenes. Oshawott rolling backwards (and then blasting off again) and running back again was hilarious and showed determination. And his WTF? We need to do more? face when Ash said they had to continue.

The night scene (Oshawott sitting by the pond) was an emotional touch-up to the afternoon scene, less hilarious but just as good.

I went O.o when it was shown Blitzle gets an artifical power-up. But anything goes, I suppose. Side-by-side Flame Charge and Aqua Jet was a treat and technically became a SteamChargedJet in the end, pwned by a rock.

Sadly, the pseudo-Scalchop didn't last. I believe rock maniacs would pay a fortune for one XD.

And as expected, Oshawott got his Scalchop back.

I'm half disappointed that Oshawott didn't master Aqua Jet or evolved (Which I initially predicted), but to me, this episode is far from filler. I don't wish to start any debate of whether this is filler, but character development I would consider it to be non-filler. In addition, Ash performed the anime-version of EV training Attack and Speed for Oshawott this episode. Oshawott didn't came out of this episode with a correct Aqua Jet or a Dewott, but greatly improved in terms of its relationship with Ash and with greater (stats in) attack and speed.
    Last edited by Legendary Dreams; 30th April 2011 at 4:16 AM.

Huh huh! Why aren't people complaining about Kenyan's eyes not having white in his eyes (what is teh word for that?)

This episode was very cool. Finally my favorite Unova region Pokemon appears in its pre-evolved form - Shimama! Shimama is so cute in the Anime! Mijumaru's reaction when the Scalchop goes flying is priceless. It was great to see Ash and Mijumaru have hard special training together with pushups, lifting, and practicing defending attacks. It was funny when Mijumaru picks up and puts on an extremely cute Bachuru on, and then it shocks him. The rematch was really cool, Mijumaru used his speed to dodge and then launched an Aqua Jet attack that was still not aiming properly, but when it kept colliding with Flame Charge, Mijumaru was able to win. It was funny to see Mijumaru try to use a big berry and a kitchenware top to try and defend attacks, but failed easily.

79/100

Pretty good episode! too bad Oshawott didn't master Aqua jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Huh huh! Why aren't people complaining about Kenyan's eyes not having white in his eyes (what is teh word for that?)
    The word is sclera.

Watched the episode, a very cool one where anyone got their screentime, simply nice

- So, Ash was going to face Kenyan´s Blitzle with Pikachu ... he sure likes to struggle very much
    - And now Oshawott wants to battle Blitzle when he refused to battle Dewott ... no doubt, Pokémon adopt trainers´s characteristics too
    - I´ve always taught Blitzle looks like a sock puppet
    - Am I the only one that noted the sharp-knives sound coming from Blitzle´s Double Kick?
    - And the scalchop is gone, from an over-analystic POV, how much protection could provide a shell that is barely bigger than Oshawott´s nose?, maybe that was what Dwebble was thinking when he made that big rock scalchop
    - Joltik´s part made me think in the possibilities if Unova wasn´t far away, how would Oshawott looked struggling with a Shellder/Cloyster/Clamperl?
    - And here comes Iris with a berry to Oshawott ... that ends roasted up, and it looks like Cilan doesn´t concern about food´s appearence anymore judging how he enjoyed that burnt berry
    - Now it´s Cilan´s cloche turn ... I actually felt worst for Cilan than for Oshawott
    - Seeing Oshawott training with that big rock sclachop on it´s back reminded me Goku and Krilin training with heavy turtle rock shells ... and had the same results
    - Maybe in that upcoming episode will be when Oshawott masters Aqua Jet finally
    - And Axew in ... five minutes finds the scalchop that Ash and Oshawott couldn´t find in several hours before looking to a substitute and start training

An overall great episode, and this kind of things (maybe I´ll be flamed for saying this) makes me want Oshawott to not evolve
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 2nd May 2011 at 1:23 AM.

Maybe people finally decided to remember that this stuff has been happening since day 1?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Maybe people finally decided to remember that this stuff has been happening since day 1?

I know, thats why it was dumb when people were complaining about Cilan's eyes.

Alright episode. I felt bad for Mijumaru when it lost its shell. The Joltik was cute though . I didn't get why Dwebble just didn't carve another shell that was the same size as the original... They found Miju's shell in the end so I guess it doesn't really matter ;P.

Aww, little Joltik on Osawotts belly<3 =3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I liked the part when Joltik was on Mijumarus belly haha :>
    And the big shell! That was kind of funny to.
    Pokémon Breeder EmZ
    Giving Away 3-4IV Pokémon Leftover from Breeding for Free!
    Just send me a PM if interested!

Currently Giving Away

Friend Safari type: Fighting
    Pokémon: Pancham

Joltik creeping on Oshawott's back was cool... It can pull off that creeping on the back move even better against bigger pokemon

Because many people don't have sclera's in Unova, more so then in other regions.. It's Unova's thing.. Colored eyes without sclera's to freak people out.. By now we've about covered every color, n'est pas?

Green: Cilan
    Blue: Kenyan
    Yellow: Yoshihiko! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Joltik creeping on Oshawott's back was cool... It can pull off that creeping on the back move even better against bigger pokemon
    Dumdumdum dum....
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

They renamed him to Stephan? It's KENYAN, get it right TPCi!

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    They renamed him to Stephan? It's KENYAN, get it right TPCi!
    Sounds weird for him. I hope he has a good dub voice.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

"Oshawott, use Shell Blade!"

Fail, TCPi.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    "Oshawott, use Shell Blade!"

Fail, TCPi.
    IKR. I mean, really, I thought I misheard it the first time, but he says it a second time. I mean really? They've gotta pay closer attention to stuff.

Oshawott looked so cute when it came out of its pokeball on this episode! <3
    I love that Rock shell! The training was interesting to watch! It really was.
    I love the final battle before the episode ended! Oshawott is so cute!!!

Join PI Forums please! :0
    3DS FC: 4725-8278-5467 - Link

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast