Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oshawott's Lost Scalchop (690)

I LOVE this episode. Anything Oshawott takes the cake!
    Ash's Oshawott is def. one of the best characters applied to the anime and bring the comical humor into play.
    This season looks promising as it keeps unraveling the development of the Pokemon.

Last week with Axew, this week with Oshawott.

This is a step up from Hoeen and Sinnoh!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

So Kenyan is now Stephan?

Earlier this week I guessed that they were going to localize him as Stephen (but everyone calls him Steven). Close enough I guess lol.

I have claimed Giratina

This had to be one of my favorites from this season so far. Oshawott is my favorite Pokemon on the main cast so I was excited it got an entire episode dedicated to it.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

lmao why didnt ishizumai just carve a smaller shellsword for mijumaru to use?
    Animes:
        Spoiler:- ...:

Mangas:
        Spoiler:- ...:

Neat episode really. I also enjoy Oshawott episodes, and I haven't seen him take the spotlight in a long time. Glad to see his adorable self again.

It's neat that Ash's new rival is named Stephan. Just ONE letter away from the name of the guy in my signature. xD That makes it nearly perfect, although it's not Stefan, it's close. Blitzle was cool otherwise.

The little Joltik shocking Oshawott was funny too, and very adorable.

I really like it during episodes where Ash encourages his Pokemon to get stronger. Even the rock Scalchop worked well for Oshawott in training.

I'm just glad to be all caught up with the episodes now. Now for next week's episode!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Great episode but am i the only one who noticed the dub error were ash calls shell blade (the jap name for razor shell?)
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by DF is BUSY View Post
    lmao why didnt ishizumai just carve a smaller shellsword for mijumaru to use?
    Maybe because a smaller one would have been useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    "AAAGGGHHH!!!! MY DINNER COVER!!!!"

Oh dear Cilan... as of now, both your spoon and your dinner cover are ruined... you'd better keep your stuff safe if you want to keep on cooking.

The best part about this episode was definitely how they used a Scalchop in the scene transitions, if you know what I mean. Pretty creative, lol.

It's nice to FINALLY see Cilan's Dwebble. When was the last time we saw that crab? Too bad the shield he made didn't work. I saw Oshawott struggling with the heavy shield and I said, "Dwebble, make the shield smaller you idiot!" But when I saw what happened when Blitzle's shock wave hit the rock fragment, I was like... "Oh." *facepalm*

Overall, cute little training episode which is much better than your typical filler. I actually liked Blitzle's voice. It sounded like a real horse.
    Dinner cover? Where did you get dinner cover from?

He calls it a Serving dome.

A lovely little episode. Oshawott is really beginning to grow in confidence and determination and I think that is because he is trying so hard to impress Ash. Even when Oshawott lost his scalchop and then resigns to himself he would never find it, he tried every alternative so he could still be a good battler. He continues this into the training, never giving up and the encouragement from Ash was music to his ears. Even though Oshawott has his scalchop back now we will see it being used less as a shield because with his new obtained speed oshawott should be dodging just like he was in the battle without his scalchop.

Personally, I see oshawott not evolving because it is such a character in this basic form. It is so iconic compared to snivy and tepig I see them evolving and oshawott not. However, oshawott's determination to impress could spur on an evolution but due to oshawott's character it is very close to call for me.

As this was an episode about oshawott I focused on him in my post. However there were other comedic moments with joltik and the serving dome. Also, when Stephan used his generator on blitzle it just reminded me when Ash used the water mill in the original series when he was powering up to beat brock (if I remember correctly).

Anyway, good episode.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Wasn't crazy about Stephan's dub voice, personally I didn't think it suited him.

I thought his name was Devon for a minute but nope. Stephan works better with the running gag of him being called Stephen.

I liked Blitzle's dub voice. I thought it suited it.

Overall I enjoyed the episode, I just wish that Stephan had a different voice, not saying it's a bad voice just it'd be better used for someone else, in my opinion.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Was I right in thinking the Pokemon League music from the games featured in this episode in the buildup to the battle? If so, that was a good idea!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,000 SRs

Good episode. Stephan, and Ash pronounces it incorrectly, and then the "Whatever" part comes in. Lol, so funny. Oshawott was funny was got stonger, glad to see a lot of screen time for him.

Lol, "Shell Blade."

I was wondering why Ash starts to call one of Oshawotts move 'Shell Blade'.
    Isn't it Razor Shell?

Well that's great a leaf blade move for water pokemon.

Anyways its was a good episode and Oshawotts finally gain some speed. That was a bonus.

How can you say no to this little one?

Credit goes to:
    Tyranitarquake for the Banner!
    arceusvictini for the Userbar!
    PikaPal_Lyra for the Flying High Icon!

Quote Originally Posted by TTNH03 View Post
    I was wondering why Ash starts to call one of Oshawotts move 'Shell Blade'.
    Isn't it Razor Shell?

Well that's great a leaf blade move for water pokemon.

Anyways its was a good episode and Oshawotts finally gain some speed. That was a bonus.
    I believe it is Razor Shell in the japanese version and Shell Blade in the english version. It's natural.

Overally, I liked the episode. Stephan was funny... And I totally laughed with the Stephan version of the Butch issue xD. I wonder whether they pronounce his name wrong in the japanese version of the anime...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxulus View Post
    I believe it is Razor Shell in the japanese version and Shell Blade in the english version. It's natural.
    It's the other way round so it was a mistake on the dubs part.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Oh, sweet tha- OH GOD KENYAN WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU!? IT'S KENYAN, NOT STEPHAN!

*sniff*

At least I still have you, Cilan. ;__;

you cry that they changed his name but you use Cilan instead of his japanese name..

wow...

anyways. good episode. really interesting training.

I liked that they used an instrumental of the black and white theme song.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Oshawott is so funny, especially when he put the joltik on his chest like the scallop, just look at my avatar.
    3DS Fc: 0791-2425-2961 IGN: Dante

Spoiler:- Credit:

Ok filler episode, it was nice to see some Oshawott training, though I do wonder how he intends to hit his target with Aqua Jet if he keeps closing his eyes and is not looking at his target.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

It was funny when Oshawott put on the Joltik like his scalchop. Cilan's reaction to his serving dome being roasted was funny as well. Also, why in the world did Dwebble carve such a big rock? Axew was as funny as always at the end of the episode.

also, side note: Shell Blade, lol.

Side side note: *pokes Emolga the Irresistible* Snivy always seems to get out of trouble at the last moment..

Overall, very nice episode. Lol, I caught the VERY end (To Be Continued) of Cottonee Love today.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Oshawott's uncontrolled aqua jet is becoming a worry for opponents as well since they don't know how to counter it when it goes on a random trajectory

Not sure why Blitzle kept using Flame Charge after Oshawott's giant rock broke instead of using more electric attacks.......serves it right to lose.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 6th October 2011 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    you cry that they changed his name but you use Cilan instead of his japanese name..
    Kenyan/Stephan both hate it when their name's mispronounced, so I was making a joke about the name change.
    And I can't help but say Cilan, it's not like I hate Dento or anything.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Ok filler episode, it was nice to see some Oshawott training, though I do wonder how he intends to hit his target with Aqua Jet if he keeps closing his eyes and is not looking at his target.
    Not filler when the character will return duh. (I don't watch the subbed but my friend was watching one day and saw the guy come back)

Default Oshawott! yay!

oshawott is so CUUUUUTE!
    On another topic, every time i watch this episode on youtube, the ending is always cut off. why?

OSHAWOTT SMILIES! YAY
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga