Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oshawott's Lost Scalchop (690)

Oshawott's facial expressions were awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    They renamed him to Stephan? It's KENYAN, get it right TPCi!
    You act like this is a surprise that a character gets a different name in the dub of the Pokemon Anime.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I know it's facial expressions are so cute and funny! <3 ^__^

Join PI Forums please! :0
    3DS FC: 4725-8278-5467 - Link

They renamed him to Stephan? It's KENYAN, get it right TPCi!
    At least they got the name mispronunciation joke right.
    Last edited by Sparkleo; 13th August 2011 at 4:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Maybe people finally decided to remember that this stuff has been happening since day 1?

It's Marvin the Magician!

It's a good episode. Oshawott loses its Scalchop, so it has to learn how to fight without it. In the end it manages to win againt Stephan's Blitzle.

You gotta like Cilan's reaction when his dinner cover got ruined.

It was kind of silly that Ash thought the big rock shell would make a good substitute. But in the end, it proved to be very effective for other reasons.

Yeah I thin they slipped in the dub...right before oshawott got his scalchop kicked away, Ash called for "shell blade" rather than "razor shell"...lol
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Oshawott's facial expressions were awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by deoxysxx View Post
    I know it's facial expressions are so cute and funny! <3 ^__^
    Yep, Oshawott's facial expressions saved this from being a generic training episode IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    You act like this is a surprise that a character gets a different name in the dub of the Pokemon Anime.
    I know right? I don't see the problem with his English name. In fact, I'd say that it's easier to remember (I've always struggled to remember his Japanese name).

Maybe people finally decided to remember that this stuff has been happening since day 1?
    That Melvin guy didn't appear in the first episode.

"Oshawott, use Shell Blade!"

Fail, TCPi.
    They should've kept its Japanese name this whole time.

Anyway, I don't think the dub did this episodes justice. I thought that Oshawott's VA was fine as always, but Blitzle's VA was terrible. Really, it sounded like that Blitzle was dying, and I wanted them to put it out of its misery. Then you take the mistranslation into account, and it just adds insult to injury.

He was a just a COTD so no need to give him an epic name lol

I don't see what's wrong with them using Shell Blade, it and Razor Shell are basically synonyms for eachother so I often switch between the ENG and JP versions myself. Does anyone know where I can see the dubbed episode, BTW? I wanna hear this dying Blitzle.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Spoiler:

Not much of a spoiler but I'll be nice about it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    You gotta like Cilan's reaction when his dinner cover got ruined.
    "AAAGGGHHH!!!! MY DINNER COVER!!!!"

Oh dear Cilan... as of now, both your spoon and your dinner cover are ruined... you'd better keep your stuff safe if you want to keep on cooking.

The best part about this episode was definitely how they used a Scalchop in the scene transitions, if you know what I mean. Pretty creative, lol.

It's nice to FINALLY see Cilan's Dwebble. When was the last time we saw that crab? Too bad the shield he made didn't work. I saw Oshawott struggling with the heavy shield and I said, "Dwebble, make the shield smaller you idiot!" But when I saw what happened when Blitzle's shock wave hit the rock fragment, I was like... "Oh." *facepalm*

Overall, cute little training episode which is much better than your typical filler. I actually liked Blitzle's voice. It sounded like a real horse.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

more like ash second rival(please trip sucks)
    Last edited by jscholfield; 13th August 2011 at 9:19 PM.
    .................................................. ......................

@jscholfield

Spoiler:- ::

Anyway, this was a good episode. Ash was going to use Pikachu, so I'm glad he didn't, because Pikachu would've lost. (Blitzle's abilities) So Oshawott was a better choice. It was nice to actually see Dwebble again as well.
    Last edited by The sandwich; 13th August 2011 at 9:35 PM.

I did not like Stephan's dub voice...

Shell Blade? lol

This episode was good. At first I thought it was gonna be a pointless filler, but there were several parts that entertained me like Oshawott's various substitutes for his scalchop and the training for the giant rock.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by desception View Post
    Oh, sweet tha- OH GOD KENYAN WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU!? IT'S KENYAN, NOT STEPHAN!

*sniff*

At least I still have you, Cilan. ;__;

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Oh, sweet tha- OH GOD KENYAN WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU!? IT'S KENYAN, NOT STEPHAN!

*sniff*

It's just a name change, something which has been tradition for localizing Pokemon in other countries. Do you have a short term memory? I don't mean to insult you but your freak outs are very weird, considering they're about something that's no stranger to Pokemon.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Besides, the Kenyan name somehow makes me think of another anime that has the same name for a place anyway...

O.o They called Dento's cloche a dinner cover? What's wrong with cloche? tsk tsk...silly dub. That does it. Dento is TPCi's version of rice balls The stuff they kindly put into ENGLISH is taken out DX
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    O.o They called Dento's cloche a dinner cover? What's wrong with cloche? tsk tsk...silly dub. That does it. Dento is TPCi's version of rice balls The stuff they kindly put into ENGLISH is taken out DX
    Cloche, Dinner Cover, it's the same damn thing. I wouldn't compare it to the riceball thing since 4kids pretended that they were something completely different.

If you want to get technical...

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Cloche, Dinner Cover, it's the same damn thing. I wouldn't compare it to the riceball thing since 4kids pretended that they were something completely different.

If you want to get technical...
    (I was mostly joking, but honestly I was kind of sad with them calling it a dinner cover. Probably because I had no clue what a cloche was till I watched it xD plus they said it RIGHT in there XD i hate small changes....)
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Not bad. I was wondering how the dub was going to do Stephan's name gag. I totally forgot about it at the beginning, so I was thrown off when the narrator and Ash pronounced it differently.

I loved the Black and White instrumental in the training montage. This saga has the best music.
    Last edited by Shneak; 14th August 2011 at 8:16 AM.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

*sniff*

Wait, so you're complaining about the fact that Kenyan has a different name in the English dub, as 99% of other characters do, but you're referring to Dento by his English name? Stop and think for a minute about how ridiculous that is.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast