Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smeargle with V-create?

Talking Smeargle with V-create?

I just learned today how versatile and amazing Smeargle can be. I sketch'd my Victini's V-create on him but before I get off subject, why isn't he used more in competitive battling? He seems quite formidable. Also, what do you think are good moves to sketch on him?

Well, Smeargle has 20 Base Attack. He literally can't even kill a Caterpie with it. (72.8% - 85.7%).

The only reason to use Smeargle is support. When sweeping, use Pokemon that actually have offensive stats.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Smeargle has been an annoying opponent in singles when fielded against me as a lead with a focus sash and using Spore, before setting up entry hazards.

Could you use assist? Get something with good attack and special attack, give Smeargle really strong moves, and then just try to sweep with assist.
    Not ideal, but...

But yeah. Spore/Shell Smash/baton Pass Smeargle is the one I've seen the most. Probably with Taunt of Protect as its lats move.

If you're using Assist, why not just use Victini instead of Smeargle? Increased odds or something?

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

As said before, Smeargle doesn't have the stats to pull off a sweep. The only reason to use Smeargle is to support your team with move combinations that nothing else can learn. Usually this means Spore with entry hazards or a Baton Passing set up.

Sorry to break it to you, but smeargle can't even pull off a BellyDrum+ExtremeSpeed sweep.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Smeargle has an amazing movepool, definitely, but have you seen his stats? He has 55/20/35/20/45/75 stat spread, which adds up to 250. That's only 70 points higher than the Pokemon with the lowest BST, Sunkern, at 180.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but smeargle can't even pull off a BellyDrum+ExtremeSpeed sweep.
    But it can Baton Pass to someone who can.

Smeargle really should only be used for the unique move combinations no other Pokemon is capable of learning like the aforementioned Spore + entry Hazards and unique Baton Passing advantages.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well, Smeargle has 20 Base Attack. He literally can't even kill a Caterpie with it. (72.8% - 85.7%).
    I knew Smeargle was bad at attacking, but I didn't know it was that bad.

Even before learning that tidbt above, I'd say that if you're using smeargle to deal direct damage, you're doing it wrong. Use it to baton pass, or as the fastest spore user (which it still is, right?), or any other support role.
    "I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

Magic Bounce Espeon walls Smeargle. I switched in an Espeon, and his RageQuitted. This was one PO, too. His Spore failed epicly :P
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Smeargle could possibly use it along with Swords Dance, Bulk Up, etc. but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleAvenger
    I knew Smeargle was bad at attacking, but I didn't know it was that bad.

Even before learning that tidbt above, I'd say that if you're using smeargle to deal direct damage, you're doing it wrong. Use it to baton pass, or as the fastest spore user (which it still is, right?), or any other support role.
    Unless of course you teach it Super Fang

The Smeargle I used last year at the VGCs annoyed people off so much. Super Fang/Spore/Dark Void/Protect and paired with Trick Room Dusknoir. And then switched out for Kyogre and Palkia.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Quote Originally Posted by Witchan View Post
    Smeargle could possibly use it along with Swords Dance, Bulk Up, etc. but that's just me.
    belly drum is they way to go if you want to baton pass something. he wont be able to pull off more than one SD so why not max out the attack for your fast sweeper? but he is kinda kamakazie after that. agility can be used, but thats another turn that youre risking losing it. smogon also has ingrain as an option

I have claimed Giratina

Couldn't Smeargle do decently well in Little Cup? With a small stat range, but the versatile moveset, it could cause LC teams to destroy, no?
    Originally posted by: R4GEKILL!!! No need for STAB. STAB is stupid.
    LULZ

"Yes, I will see you through the smoke and flames on the frontlines of war and I will stand my ground until the end, until we conquer them all."

Black:5286 2326 2599
    I rather adore music. I less than three it. <3

"Let's believe that if we all stand together, we're a force that could shake the whole world. For once I'm doing something right when we say, 'Woah, woah.'"

I'll battle anything as long as I've got Pokemon to put the team together.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudVII View Post
    Couldn't Smeargle do decently well in Little Cup? With a small stat range, but the versatile moveset, it could cause LC teams to destroy, no?
    It isn't allowed, since it doesn't have an evo of its own. But yeah, it'd probably do really well if it was allowed (or be banned, to be honest).

That seems rather stupid, to be honest. With a stat range that small, it's not like it's threatening much. It's in the exact spot where it would be good to have in LC, despite not having an evo.
    Originally posted by: R4GEKILL!!! No need for STAB. STAB is stupid.
    LULZ

"Yes, I will see you through the smoke and flames on the frontlines of war and I will stand my ground until the end, until we conquer them all."

Black:5286 2326 2599
    I rather adore music. I less than three it. <3

"Let's believe that if we all stand together, we're a force that could shake the whole world. For once I'm doing something right when we say, 'Woah, woah.'"

I'll battle anything as long as I've got Pokemon to put the team together.

But it can Baton Pass to someone who can.
    I never said it was bad, I just said it was bad at sweeping.
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudVII View Post
    That seems rather stupid, to be honest. With a stat range that small, it's not like it's threatening much. It's in the exact spot where it would be good to have in LC, despite not having an evo.
    ..But it has the biggest movepool of all pokemon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ..But it has the biggest movepool of all pokemon.
    Dark Void/Spore/Protect/Super Fang = PWNED
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post

... Wow, just wow

Smergle has fallen out of favor thanks to the fact that magic coat now has priority and the fact that team preview makes it rather easy to counter. It becomes to much of a guessing game as to weather or not your smergle is going to get taunted/coated or just hit with an attack that will OHKO it.

Even so, you are not going to see it used offensively, ever. You will see it tailglow/gearshift/shellsmash/quiverdance and then baton pass, but its been doing crap like that since it was introduced.
    Friend Codes:
    Heart Gold: 227956765224 Black:313858487578

Kamina Squirtle Says: Click me to read POKEMON KAMINA VERSION!

My favorite Smergle set is the endure/spore/Endevour/Extreame speed set while holding a salac berry. It's weak to priority, and weather, and status, buuuuut, with it's speed +1 it can outspeed most of the metagame, which means without priority they usually can't outspeed your spore, then use Endevour to get them to 1 hp, then a +2 Extreame speed to finish them off before they wake up.
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWisper View Post
    I just learned today how versatile and amazing Smeargle can be. I sketch'd my Victini's V-create on him but before I get off subject, why isn't he used more in competitive battling? He seems quite formidable. Also, what do you think are good moves to sketch on him?
    The only reason he's used in competitive battling is for Baton Pass. He's one of the best for it.
    If Smeargle had stats that were actually usable, it would be fantastic, and some would argue for it to be Uber. Alas, its stats are terrible. It could potentially get owned by a Magikarp.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    The only reason he's used in competitive battling is for Baton Pass. He's one of the best for it.
    If Smeargle had stats that were actually usable, it would be fantastic, and some would argue for it to be Uber. Alas, its stats are terrible. It could potentially get owned by a Magikarp.
    I wouldn't go that far, but I will agree that Smeargle's stats are horrible.

That's why they generally carry a Focus Sash, to have a better chance of doing what they were going to do.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast