Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Community POTW #17

You are just copying and pasting from your other posts aren't you.
    We get the point, just stop Spamming please.
    Thank you.

In OP:
    EXPELLIARMUS! @ Choice Specs/Scarf

This set is great! I've used to to great success. The only change would be to use a Focus Sash. That allows it to always survive one turn (bar multi-hit moves like Shell Break Cloyster's; but you can always slam him with Focus Blast anyway), almost guarrenteeing him a KO (except walls). If you want to take the sacrifice of his HP, use Charge Beam on turn 1 for a power boost before attempting a sweep.
    Quote of the moment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwindstudios View Post
    Theoretically, In order for garchomps and pidgeots to fly at the speed of sound, (Let's include sonic the hedgehog into this to...) they need to consume over 5 1/2 MILLION calories a day!
    Bow to the Dual-Weilding Key of Destiny
    Roxas:Claimed

Just checked and Alakzam can't learn Metronome, it would be the fastest.
    Firered/Leafgreen move tutor. I had a Metronome Kadabra on Firered before.

Metronome is completely unreliable, and Seismic toss doesn't do enough damage...It's a move better on stallers, like chancy and clefable. Alakazam can't take a hit well enough to use Seismic Toss effectively.

Oh, and it doesn't have the HP for counter. It won't do enough.
    Kamikazekazam @ Focus Sash
    Syncronize
    Lonely [ +Attack -Defence ]
    252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defence
    -Seismic Toss
    -Substitute
    -Recover
    -Counter

I know its ridiculous. Base 50 Attack is horrible. But moves like Seismic Toss are still viable. Counter... Could be usable with huge boosts to Attack. I didn't know what to put the other EVs in so I used HP. SubCover is usable if you actually survive.

I KNOW I'M CRAZY. I do not advise anyone use this... But Seismic toss is actually Viable. Seriously. You can use Seismic Toss. That is the whole reason for this set.
    It might sound good to you, but It doesn't have the bulk for recover, the ability to stall for Seismic Toss, or the HP for counter.

Has anyone suggested Dual Screeners or Encore? It could run Encore+Calm Mind and Taunt+Dual Screens.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 30th April 2011 at 9:03 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Eh. I just... Yeh. Also, I wasn't Copying and pasting it, if I can just type it up the first time why wouldn't I be able to the second.

Otherwise, I'm fine with the accusations.

Also, I thought that Counter was dependant on the PERCENTAGE of HP left, not the exact amount? I'm not sure, thats how I saw it.

I do side that Alakazam could use Seismic Toss though, its a reliable move that no one would expect from him... Unless you might of happened to be battling me. Speaking of which I've got to check if Kadabra is able to learn it too...

Well, I'd guess these are like the closing posts of this thread. Tomorrow is the day, so I'll be expecting a set with a sweeper and maybe a support. I'd really have loved to see him get a Staller or switch forcer like I said... Although they could acually probably use Struggle and still kill him though. Actually, he'd probably die from that struggle... Alakazam is so frail...

Although people could make Alakazam a terrorist if he got Explosion or SelfDestruct... I really wish he did. Oh well, just me rambling again.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Also, I thought that Counter was dependant on the PERCENTAGE of HP left, not the exact amount? I'm not sure, thats how I saw it.

I do side that Alakazam could use Seismic Toss though, its a reliable move that no one would expect from him... Unless you might of happened to be battling me. Speaking of which I've got to check if Kadabra is able to learn it too...
    You're getting Counter and Reversal mixed up. Counters does double the damage done to the user, and has a -speed priority.

Siesmic toss does damage equal to the users level. Let's say it's level 100. To a minimum HP shuckle, which has 20 base HP, it would be a 2HKO. Sounds good, since Shuckle has massive defenses, but defenses have nothing to do with Siesmic toss.

It's funny to watch on PBR, though.
    Although people could make Alakazam a terrorist if he got Explosion or SelfDestruct... I really wish he did. Oh well, just me rambling again.
    If only it got destiny bond, not explosive moves. It doesn't have the attack power to pull that off.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345