Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Default The New Single Rates Thread - Follow the format in the OP!!

Singles Rate & Moveset Request Thread

About This Thread

And here we go again; New generation, new thread. Here's the old one, by the way. Ask for single movesets or advice on a single Pokιmon and you'll get an answer here.

But this one's slightly different. I plan to take every good moveset posted in this thread and index them alphabetically in this, and the following, posts. The idea is to create an easy-to-read list of decent Pokιmon movesets without having to search through the thread, or having to ask for movesets already created. Or to just draw your own inspiration from.

If anyone finds any problems or mistakes, then please feel free to send me a Visitor Message or a Private Message.

As a little added note,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    I'd honestly like to take a moment and say something here, and I mean no offense, but: This thread is first and foremost designed to help people with their Pokemon, as is the rest of IGTR. That being said, it would be extremely helpful if people stopped spamming movesets. I understand that everyone wants their set(s) in the OP, but please, this is not a contest. I also understand that it is fun to get your set noticed; I knew from the beginning that this version of a Singles Thread would attract such attention, and I myself have fallen into posting for the sake of being OP'd. I'm not asking people to stop doing that. But I am asking people to cut back heavily on the amount of sets they include in a single post. If it's because you want advice, then sure, I guess. But if it's for glory, please refrain from doing so.

Tl;dr version: Please stop mass posting for the sake of being OP'd. It's way too much to wade through. Thank you.
    This Thread's Rules

Gotta happen guys. Deviation from these might result in your post being deleted and you receiving a warning or infraction. There are only a couple, though, so it shouldn't be too hard.

• All SPPf Rules apply! - These are global rules. Follow them at all times, please.

• All IGRMT Rules apply! - You are in IGRMT. Read its rules. Easy.

• Check the OP first! - If you want to ask for advice on your Pokιmon, please check the first post to see if it has a set viable for you! That's what it's there for. If not, then feel free to ask but please state why the OP's set was unsuitable.

• Follow the thread-specific format! - Yes, this is new since the last thread; we have a format now. It keeps consistency and makes my life so much easier. Simply copy and paste this, replacing the words with whatever is appropriate;

HTML Code:
    • [B]Pokιmon[/B] @ Item (If applicable)
    • Ability
    • Nature (If applicable)
    • EVs (If applicable)
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4
    • Don't post teams! - You may ask for or provide up to two Pokιmon's movesets at a time! You should create your own thread for teams. Don't post them in here.

That said, go on, post away! If you have any questions, you may send a PM to either myself or one of this section's fine moderators: TheBlueRabbit, Final, Shine, Archangel or Shuckle.

The Moveset Index

• Pokιmon @ Item
    • Ability
    • Nature
    • EVs
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4
        Spoiler:- A to L:
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 17th October 2011 at 12:52 AM.

Spoiler:- M to Z:
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 17th October 2011 at 12:50 AM.

Spoiler:- Contributors:
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 17th October 2011 at 12:51 AM.

YAY !!!

I'm the first person to post in this new thread!

Torkoal @ Leftovers
    • White Smoke
    • Sassy
    • 252 HP/252 SpD/6 Def
    - Overheat
    - Earthquake
    - Curse
    - Rock Slide

torkals are cool

Garchomp@Choice Band
    Sand Veil
    Jolly
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragon Claw
    -EQ
    -Swords dance

Garchomp is forever a beast
    Last edited by Palkia98; 25th April 2011 at 12:37 AM.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

Please remember to use the format in the HTML box...

It makes it easier to copy it into the index. Just copy
    the text and fill in the form.

^Click it!^

Quote Originally Posted by Palkia98 View Post
    Garchomp@Choice Band
    Sand Veil
    Jolly
    EVs:6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragon Claw
    -EQ
    -Outrage

Garchomp is forever a beast
    Choice Banded SD is a big no no. Threw in the EVs because I can.
    Ingame Metagame

I'm appaled that Flareon's first OP set is a Curse set. C'mon guys, you can do better than that.

Flareon @ Leftovers
    • Flash Fire
    • Calm
    • EVs: 252 Hp / 80 Def / 176 SpD
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect

One of Flareon's "unique" sets, it's one of the few niches that most Fire-types like Blaziken and Houndoom can't touch. Arcanine arguably does it better, but it doesn't get Wish to support the team either, so your pick.

Flareon @ Life Orb
    • Flash Fire
    • Rash
    • EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SpA / 244 Spe
    - Flame Charge
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower
    - Return / HP Grass

Not a particularly powerful Pokemon, but it'll do.

Flareon @ Choice Scarf
    • Flash Fire
    • Hasty
    - Fire Blast / Fire Fang
    - Superpower
    - Return
    - HP Grass

Physically inclined Scarfer.

Flareon @ Choice Scarf
    • Flash Fire
    • Hasty
    • EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower
    - Shadow Ball
    - HP Grass

Specially inclined Scarfer. Both have the Hasty nature so as to be able to switch into Special Attacks with its Base 110 SpD.

Other changes of note: Slash in Life Orb on Leafeon's SD set. The power boost is nothing to scoff at, especially after an SD.

Soul Dew is (iirc) currently unobtainable in Gen 5, so Latios should be holding something else. Leftovers or Life Orb, please.

Slash in Charge Beam with Volt Change on Jolteon's LO set, please. I shouldn't even have to explain that one.

I'm sure there's a lot more, but I'm busy right now, so meh.

EDIT: Why does Latias have both Dragon Pulse and Psyshock? One or the other with Recover is easily ten times better.

EDIT 2.0: WHAT, NO SKARMORY THIS IS AN INJUSTICE.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    • Sturdy
    • Adamant
    • EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Brave Bird / Drill Peck
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

Yeahman.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    • Sturdy
    • Careful
    • EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    - Drill Peck
    - Rock Slide
    - Curse
    - Roost

Mhm.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    • Sturdy
    • Careful
    - Sky Drop
    - Toxic
    - Substitute
    - Roost

Credits to YOOMTAH on this last one.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 25th April 2011 at 1:20 AM.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Well, new one looks very fancy. Now, time to claim my place once again on the first page...

So I got a Cloud-Nine Lickitung, and does anybody have a set for it? Or it's evolved form, either way.

Not as informative as I'd like, or as it was on the first thread, but meh.
    Ich koche Spaghetti

• Milotic @ Leftovers
    • Marvel Scale
    • Bold / Calm
    • EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Sp. Atk
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Surf
    - Recover

More of an offensive ToxiStall Milotic <3

[Support Miltank edited out]

• Miltank @ Leftovers
    • Scrappy
    Careful
    • EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
    - Earthquake / Fire Punch
    - Return / Body Slam
    - Curse
    - Milk Drink

CurseTank.
    Last edited by Zennyboiz; 25th April 2011 at 2:23 PM.

Played Every Region. Beat Every Region. Wailord.

Isn't Sky Drop illegal now?

I'll see what I can do for now I will try this...

Luxray@Toxic Orb
    Adamant
    Guts
    252 HP/252 Attack/4 Speed
    Howl
    Wild Bolt
    Crunch/Ice Fan
    Return

Yay Luxray <3
    CLAIMS
    "updating"
    UR NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER![/CENTER]
    INFO -plz support me thanks-
    Twitch: TrollShaman85 (It has to do with World of Warcraft)
    Twitter: @UndeadPriest90
    Red 3DS FC: 1719/3604/8442
    PM if u add me Plz and Ty

Surprised no-one's thought of this yet:

Regice @ Life Orb
    • Ability: Clear Body
    • Timid Nature
    • EVs: 20 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 236 Spe
    - Rock Polish
    - Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fighting
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

It has a nice base 100 Special Attack stat so why not use it? Rock Polish boosts its poor Speed to acceptable levels. BoltBeam + Fighting gets very good type coverage. Not to mention Ice Beam is STABed which is nice. With the given EVs, it'll outspeed Accelgor (which is everything bar Ninjask in-game) once it has Rock Polished once. 216 Speed EVs is enough to outspeed Electrode. If you feel outspeeding base 130s is enough, a Modest Nature and 248 Speed EVs are all you need.

Also another one for Zapdos with a few options for Hidden Power. All of which will be explained.

Zapdos @ Life Orb / Wise Glasses / Leftovers
    • Ability: Pressure
    • Timid / Modest Nature
    • EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
    - Roost / Volt Switch
    - HP Ice / HP Grass / HP Flying / HP Water
    - Heat Wave
    - Thunderbolt

HP Ice is probably the most desireable Hidden Power for this generation due to the added Dragon Types to the game. Especially since the new ones all resist Thunderbolt and all but Haxorus aren't 2HKOed by it (assuming Life Orb is the hold item). Grass hits Electric immune Water Types Super Effectively and it still hits Rock/Ground types for 4x damage. Hidden Power Flying gets mentioned for the fact it is STABed although it doesn't really cover anything that his other moves won't cover. It gets mentioned none-the-less because of STAB. HP Water is generally outclassed by HP Grass although it still hits the evertroublesome Rock/Ground types for 4x damage.

Thunderbolt is for STAB and Heat Wave covers the Grass types who resist his STAB and nets some Super Effective hits on other stuff like Steel and Bug Types.

Roost is there as it is reliable instant recovery and Zapdos has the bulk to utilize it effectively. Volt Switch is a viable alternative if Roost doesn't appeal to you. Thunder can also be used with Rain support over Thunderbolt.

Pressure is the ability as Heat Wave + Volt Absorb is illegal.

And on Garchomp, I'm pretty sure Rough Skin Garchomp hasn't been released yet. Regardless, I think the Choice Scarf set in the OP should be using Fire Blast or Dragon Claw over Fire Fang. Fire Fang is too weak without any sort of boost. Fire Blast even off Garchomp's inferior Special Attack will still hit pretty much everything Fire Fang would hit but harder. Dragon Claw is there for reliably killing opposing Dragon Types without having to get locked in for 2 to 3 turns (not to mention the Confusion afterwards) while still having Outrage available for a power move when needed. And on the Swords Dance set, Fire Fang gets better coverage than Rock Slide for Garchomp. Only levitating Steels resist his STABs and they resist Rock Slide too and Fire Fang hits all of them bar an Air Ballon carrying Heatran or any Fire neutral Steel Type carrying one Super Effectively and you would only be likely to encounter them in the Battle Subway (correct me if I'm wrong). While Fire Fang is weak, Swords Dance makes up for it.

Hope this is all helpful.
    Last edited by Final; 25th April 2011 at 9:44 AM.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Why do people put Dragon Tail on Serperior? If you're not running entry hazards (and in-game, most teams aren't), you don't really accomplish much besides giving the opponent a free attack thanks to the negative priority. As I see it, if the opposing Pokemon threatens Serperior the last thing you want to do is take a hit, and if it doesn't threaten Serperior you want to KO it, not phaze it.

I'd slash Aerial Ace over Dragon Tail and Sub. It doesn't add much, but you do hit Bugs and other Grasses a bit better, and deal with Double Teamers. There's also Iron Tail, which will take out Ice types.

And I'd Slash Swords Dance with Coil. With Serperior's good natural bulk, but so-so attack, it's the option I prefer. If using it, I might put some EVs into defenses - which someone playing the story, without EV training, will end up doing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cantab View Post
    Why do people put Dragon Tail on Serperior? If you're not running entry hazards (and in-game, most teams aren't), you don't really accomplish much besides giving the opponent a free attack thanks to the negative priority. As I see it, if the opposing Pokemon threatens Serperior the last thing you want to do is take a hit, and if it doesn't threaten Serperior you want to KO it, not phaze it.

I'd slash Aerial Ace over Dragon Tail and Sub. It doesn't add much, but you do hit Bugs and other Grasses a bit better, and deal with Double Teamers. There's also Iron Tail, which will take out Ice types.
    I don't know why either. Sure Serperior's offensive movepool is shallow and it is a decent PHazing move competitively but it is poor in-game. Substitute, Leech Seed or Aerial Ace are way better. Iron Tail's OK as a filler since Serperior's movepool is shallow although Steel is nowhere near as good offensively as it is defensively and most Ice types in-game are quite frail physically anyway so a Leaf Blade will usually put them down in a single hit. Grass + Normal hits everything except pure Steel Types and most part Steel Types at least neutrally so anything else it uses should be able to hit stuff harder than what its STAB and Return would.

And I'd Slash Swords Dance with Coil. With Serperior's good natural bulk, but so-so attack, it's the option I prefer. If using it, I might put some EVs into defenses - which someone playing the story, without EV training, will end up doing anyway.
    Swords Dance does boost its Attack quicker but other Grass types exist that are about as bulky that have better movepools and base Attack like Leafeon, Virizion and Venusaur. Coil is kind of like Bulk Up except with the added effect of boosting accuracy so it compliments its Defenses nicely. Also, back to Iron Tail, using Swords Dance over Coil means Iron Tail's accuracy will be poor should you be choosing to use Iron Tail.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Try to use a SubHiKick (The word is selfmade) on Scrafty.

Scrafty @ Leftovers/Wide Lens
    Ability : Shed Skin
    Adamant nature
    EV's : Filler
    -Subsitute
    -Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break
    -Dragon Dance
    -Crunch

It Sucks when Hi Jump Kick misses so a Wide Lens to boost Hi Jump to the max accuracy and the leftovers + brick break is more for the people who don't want the Wide Lens but do want max accuracy.
    Last edited by Huspoel; 25th April 2011 at 9:54 AM.
    Friend Code : 3823 - 8912 - 8640

My friend safari is a ground type with Sandshrew, Dugtrio and my third pokemon is Diggersby!

Whimsicott
    • Prankster
    • Modest/Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Energy Ball
    - Cotton Guard/Toxic/Shadow Ball

because the list needs a Whimsy set that's not a gimmick.
    I'm not sure on EVs, anyone can help? I want to spread it in Defense, SAtk, and Speed, but not sure how many for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Final View Post
    I don't know why either. Sure Serperior's offensive movepool is shallow and it is a decent PHazing move competitively but it is poor in-game. Substitute, Leech Seed or Aerial Ace are way better.
    eh, I guess it's because after a few Coil, the accuracy and reduced priority won't matter much.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

We need a good mixed Eelektross set.

Eelektross @ Life Orb
    Quiet / Brave | Levitate
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower / Grass Knot
    - Dragon Claw
    - Brick Break
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Quote Originally Posted by gyaradosuseddragonrage! View Post
    Isn't Sky Drop illegal now?
    Wut, why would Sky Drop be illegal? I suppose someone could
    ***** about losing a turn or whatever, but those are probably
    the same people who ***** about crits and the like.

^Click it!^

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
    Wut, why would Sky Drop be illegal? I suppose someone could
    ***** about losing a turn or whatever, but those are probably
    the same people who ***** about crits and the like.
    Sky Drop is indeed illegal.....on Wi-Fi match.

Reason behind that is a glitch that involves the move, causing an endless loop that won't stop unless the game is turned off.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Sky Drop is indeed illegal.....on Wi-Fi match.

Reason behind that is a glitch that involves the move, causing an endless loop that won't stop unless the game is turned off.
    Good thing this is In-Game.
    ~ Reinier

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingScreen View Post
    imo MixPedo could work here

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    I'm appaled that Flareon's first OP set is a Curse set. C'mon guys, you can do better than that.
    asdf fixing.

Flareon @ Leftovers
    • Flash Fire
    • Calm
    • EVs: 252 Hp / 80 Def / 176 SpD
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect

One of Flareon's "unique" sets, it's one of the few niches that most Fire-types like Blaziken and Houndoom can't touch. Arcanine arguably does it better, but it doesn't get Wish to support the team either, so your pick.
    Heh, sort of like an alternative Vaporeon? I like it, although why Lava Plume which iirc has a higher burn chance than Flamethrower and is therefore more likely to interfere with Toxic? Or is Double Status your intention? Whatever the case, added.

Flareon @ Life Orb
    • Flash Fire
    • Rash
    - Flame Charge
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower
    - Return / HP Grass

Not a particularly powerful Pokemon, but it'll do.
    Why 244 Spe? But yes there's not much else it can do irritatingly.

Flareon @ Choice Scarf
    • Flash Fire
    • Hasty
    - Fire Blast / Fire Fang
    - Superpower
    - Return
    - HP Grass

Physically inclined Scarfer.

Flareon @ Choice Scarf
    • Flash Fire
    • Hasty
    • EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower
    - Shadow Ball
    - HP Grass

Specially inclined Scarfer. Both have the Hasty nature so as to be able to switch into Special Attacks with its Base 110 SpD.
    Sure.

Other changes of note: Slash in Life Orb on Leafeon's SD set. The power boost is nothing to scoff at, especially after an SD.

Soul Dew is (iirc) currently unobtainable in Gen 5, so Latios should be holding something else. Leftovers or Life Orb, please.

Slash in Charge Beam with Volt Change on Jolteon's LO set, please. I shouldn't even have to explain that one.
    For a horrible second I thought you meant the move Slash and I was like u mad. But these are all good, I'll get it done.

EDIT: Why does Latias have both Dragon Pulse and Psyshock? One or the other with Recover is easily ten times better.
    Agree.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    • Sturdy
    • Adamant
    • EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Brave Bird / Drill Peck
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

Yeahman.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    • Sturdy
    • Careful
    - Drill Peck
    - Rock Slide
    - Curse
    - Roost

Mhm.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    • Sturdy
    • Careful
    - Sky Drop
    - Toxic
    - Substitute
    - Roost

Credits to YOOMTAH on this last one.
    Skarmory can do absurd amounts of stuff what the hell. All going in.

Thanks for your contributions! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zennyboiz View Post
    • Milotic @ Leftovers
    • Marvel Scale
    • Bold / Calm
    • EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Sp. Atk
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Surf
    - Recover
    Really I prefer running this;

Milotic @ Leftovers
    • Marvel Scale
    • Calm Nature
    • 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe
    - Rest
    - Toxic
    - Sleep Talk
    - Surf

But they both play pretty differently and your set is also ok for a more offensive approach although I would move those SpDef EVs into HP in that case. Both can work so I'll add them both, I guess? More options is always good.

• Miltank @ Leftovers
    • Thick Fat / Scrappy
    • Impish
    • EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 HP
    - Toxic / Earthquake / Fire Punch
    - Return / Body Slam
    - Heal Bell
    - Milk Drink
    No idea at all, sorry. )=

• Miltank @ Leftovers
    • Scrappy
    • Adamant
    • EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
    - Earthquake / Fire Punch
    - Return / Body Slam
    - Curse
    - Milk Drink
    I'd say to have Fire Punch in the first slot, and a Careful Nature since your Atk is getting enough boosting up anyway via Curse. Especially when you have Milk Drink in there, you want a lot of staying power out of something with only two attacking moves.

Regice @ Life Orb
    • Ability: Clear Body
    • Timid Nature
    • EVs: 20 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 236 Spe
    - Rock Polish
    - Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fighting
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    Yeah I don't think that Electrode is a very appropriate target here since other than blowing up (and I doubt Regice could KO it before that anyway) it can't do much, but things like Aerodactyl will be a pain and Regice would probably appreciate the boost from Modest as it has no Charge Beam. Otherwise, I really like this idea. Surprised, like you, that it's not been covered yet.

Zapdos @ Life Orb / Wise Glasses / Leftovers
    • Ability: Pressure
    • Timid / Modest Nature
    • EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
    - Roost / Volt Switch
    - HP Ice / HP Grass / HP Flying / HP Water
    - Heat Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    Options. Irk. I'd say Ice for the reasons you have. Besides, the only Electric-resistant Water this generation iirc is Seismitoad which can't do a huge amount to Zappy. I'll leave Grass as a second option, though.

And on Garchomp, I'm pretty sure Rough Skin Garchomp hasn't been released yet. Regardless, I think the Choice Scarf set in the OP should be using Fire Blast or Dragon Claw over Fire Fang. Fire Fang is too weak without any sort of boost. Fire Blast even off Garchomp's inferior Special Attack will still hit pretty much everything Fire Fang would hit but harder. Dragon Claw is there for reliably killing opposing Dragon Types without having to get locked in for 2 to 3 turns (not to mention the Confusion afterwards) while still having Outrage available for a power move when needed. And on the Swords Dance set, Fire Fang gets better coverage than Rock Slide for Garchomp. Only levitating Steels resist his STABs and they resist Rock Slide too and Fire Fang hits all of them bar an Air Ballon carrying Heatran or any Fire neutral Steel Type carrying one Super Effectively and you would only be likely to encounter them in the Battle Subway (correct me if I'm wrong). While Fire Fang is weak, Swords Dance makes up for it.
    Interesting. Agreed on the first part, but I'm hesitant with the whole Fire Fang > Rock Slide thing on SDChomp because of the fact that Fire Fang lacks a little power, but mainly because it lacks the ability to deal with a good number of Ice Types, which are normally what Rock Slide's intending to hit. Lapras, Dewgong and Walrien all spring to mind right now; Fire Fang can't take any of them on, but Rock Slide hits them for SE. Additionally some new things this generation, like Volcarona, are ruined right off the bat by Rock Slide. A boosted Bug Buzz from that thing is nothing to take lightly. I just think that Fire Fang is hitting some very valid targets, but that doesn't cover the number of things you lose out on.

Shall I edit it in as an option, or is there anything else you want to say about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    Try to use a SubHiKick (The word is selfmade) on Scrafty.

Scrafty @ Leftovers/Wide Lens
    Ability : Shed Skin
    Adamant nature
    EV's : Filler
    -Subsitute
    -Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break
    -Dragon Dance
    -Crunch

It Sucks when Hi Jump Kick misses so a Wide Lens to boost Hi Jump to the max accuracy and the leftovers + brick break is more for the people who don't want the Wide Lens but do want max accuracy.
    Very similar to the existing sets, and exact format please. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Whimsicott
    • Prankster
    • Modest/Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Energy Ball
    - Cotton Guard/Toxic/Shadow Ball
    randomn00b and I were actually discussing a Whimsicott a little while back that used something like Leech Seed / Light Screen / Sub / Cotton Guard, but this one's good too. I don't think it needs Shadow Ball in the last slot as all, and tbh it might be able to get away without Cotton Guard if it has the Leftovers and optimised EVs. Irritatingly, the Defence EV calculator I normally use has mysteriously vanished, but I think a good starting point would be 236 HP. I'll think about the rest later.

Quote Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
    We need a good mixed Eelektross set.

Eelektross @ Life Orb
    Quiet / Brave | Levitate
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower / Grass Knot
    - Dragon Claw
    - Brick Break
    That's fine, I'll edit it in, but please try using the format next time.

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 25th April 2011 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRabbit View Post
    Yeah I don't think that Electrode is a very appropriate target here since other than blowing up (and I doubt Regice could KO it before that anyway) it can't do much, but things like Aerodactyl will be a pain and Regice would probably appreciate the boost from Modest as it has no Charge Beam. Otherwise, I really like this idea. Surprised, like you, that it's not been covered yet.
    Good point. Paralysis is another thing to consider as I have had them paralyze me an annoying amount of times but aside from that it and anything faster than Regice even after a Rock Polish can't really do anything to hurt Regice much anyway so I guess the Modest spread should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRabbit View Post
    Interesting. Agreed on the first part, but I'm hesitant with the whole Fire Fang > Rock Slide thing on SDChomp because of the fact that Fire Fang lacks a little power, but mainly because it lacks the ability to deal with a good number of Ice Types, which are normally what Rock Slide's intending to hit. Lapras, Dewgong and Walrien all spring to mind right now; Fire Fang can't take any of them on, but Rock Slide hits them for SE. Additionally some new things this generation, like Volcarona, are ruined right off the bat by Rock Slide. A boosted Bug Buzz from that thing is nothing to take lightly. I just think that Fire Fang is hitting some very valid targets, but that doesn't cover the number of things you lose out on.

Shall I edit it in as an option, or is there anything else you want to say about it?
    Those mentioned Ice types take as much from a STAB Earthquake as they do a Super Effective Rock Slide. The only things that resists Garchomp's STAB moves are levitating Steel types and Skarmory. All of which bar Air Ballon Heatran and other Air Ballon carrying Steels that are neutral to Fire are the only ones not hit hard or in Heatran's case at all by Fire Fang or any of his STAB moves. Everything else is going to die horribly or be taking a heavy hit from either of his Swords Dance boosted STAB moves. Still sometimes having that stronger hit on certain things like Volcarona is handy so I'd have them both as third attack options.
    Last edited by Final; 25th April 2011 at 7:22 PM.

I feel guilty making a first post here without having a set. Oh well. But there's no Salamence?

Salamence @ Life Orb
    • Intimidate
    • Jolly Nature
    • 252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage/Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide/Fire Fang

Dragon Dancer. Should be standard I guess.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    • Intimidate
    • Naive Nature
    • 128 Atk/252 SpA/130 Spe
    - Outrage
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake
    - Draco Meteor

Mixed Set. A little unsure on the EV's.

Salamence @ Leftovers/Dragon Fang
    • Intimidate
    • Jolly Nature
    • 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SpD
    - Dragon Dance
    - Substitute
    - Roost/Earthquake
    - Outrage/Dragon Claw

Battle Frontier set. I guess it's a bit worse because of TrickScarf being nerfed, but I digress. Not sure about the item.

Also under Stoutland you put that it has Earthquake. It cannot learn Earthquake.

Hi, I'm looking for some advice for two movesets I'm currently considering.

Crustle @ White Herb
    • Sturdy
    • Jolly
    • EVs 252 Spd/252 Atk/6 HP
    - Shell Smash
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor

Milotic @ Leftovers
    • Marvel Scale
    • Modest
    • EVs 252 Sp Atk/252 Sp Def/6 HP
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Hypnosis
    - Recover

My main areas which I'm debating over are Crustle's ability and Milotic's moves; would Dragon Pulse be a better option than Hypnosis on a set like this?
    Pokιmon White 2
    Friend Code: 1593 2814 4804

Pokιmon Black
    Friend Code: 1464 2262 5856

Looking for:
    - F Grumpig/Spoink
    - DW F Eevee

I have:
    - Items
    - Feebas: Outstanding, Bold, 31 IVs etc. (please ask)
    - Slakoth: 31 IVs in HP/Spe, Night Slash

Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast