Thread: Best battle subway team ever(still needs advice though)

Default Best battle subway team ever(still needs advice though)

This is a new team that I am going to use for the Battle Subway Super Singles. Please rate it as i think this team has a lot of potential with a little tweaks.

Meinshao@Life Orb
    Adamant- Regenerator
    252 attack/ 252 speed/ 6 HP
    ~Fake-Out
    ~U-Turn
    ~Stone Edge
    ~High Jump Kick

The purpose of this pokemon is to fake out and then u turn into the appropriate pokemon.

Metagross@Expert Belt
    Adamant-Clear Body
    252 attack/ 252 speed/ 6 HP
    ~Earthquake
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Thunder Punch
    ~Bullet punch/ Zen Headbutt

Switch in with meinshao and then kill.

Latios@Wise Glasses
    Modest- Levitate
    252 sp. attack/ 252 speed/ 6HP
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~psychic
    ~dragon pulse

I can switch this in Meinshao's place and kill-good synergy with metagross.

Ratings needed because I am mad at the battle subway right now
    Last edited by Qwertpoi; 25th April 2011 at 8:19 PM.

Funniest typo of Metagross I've seen yet. I would suggest using the item 'Soul Dew' on Latios though, as it will be far more effective than Wise Glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutsumi View Post
    Funniest typo of Metagross I've seen yet. I would suggest using the item 'Soul Dew' on Latios though, as it will be far more effective than Wise Glasses.
    Soul Dew hasn't been released yet and can at the moment only be obtained by hacking and even if it was legitimately obtainable, if Soul Dew works like it did in previous generations in the Battle facilities, it would essentially be as if Latios wasn't carrying an item.

Speaking of Latios, he'll get better type coverage with this set:

Latios @ Life Orb
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    ~ Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire
    ~ Surf
    ~ Psyshock
    ~ Dragon Pulse

Timid would be a better Nature so Latios outspeeds more things but Modest is useable. Dragon Pulse + Surf + Hidden Power Fire gets the best overall type coverage for Latios hitting everything in the game for at least neutral damage. Thunderbolt is his next best option should Latios' Hidden Power be something other than a high base power Fire typed one. It misses coverage on a few things though like Ferrothorn who Meinshao should be able to deal with and Shedinja I don't see getting past Metagross. Psyshock is there for dealing with Special walls although it won't be effective against the ones that resist it unless they're very frail on the Physical side. Life Orb gives a larger power boost than Wise Glasses does but Latios loses HP after it uses an offensive Attack. There's no room for Recover without sacraficing type coverage or the ability to hit otherwise impenetrable Special Walls like Blissey.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Bump- need more advice

Quote Originally Posted by Mutsumi View Post
    Soul Dew is illegal to have as a held Item on the subway.
    Landorus is a pretty cool guy eh has good stats and doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm not really that bad. I just this Landorus has a good type match-up for a non-uber.