Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 237

Thread: What IF Pokemon Special (Adventures) was made into an Anime?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo1130 View Post
    Too little too late. I don't think it would be wise to do a anime starting in the Kanto region again when in general the pokemon merchandise is already in the fifth region not to mention we may have a 3rd gen remake on the horizon. Plus, Adventures fits better as just a manga, the last chance it had to be a anime was in 04 when the R/S remakes were the rage.
    And what if it was made into an Anime had the current one we all know not existed TO BEGIN WITH?

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    And what if it was made into an Anime had the current one we all know not existed TO BEGIN WITH?
    Well then there wouldn't be a problem would there? Sadly, thats not the case and having two animes on the same product isnt very smart

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo1130 View Post
    Well then there wouldn't be a problem would there? Sadly, thats not the case and having two animes on the same product isnt very smart
    How so? It's a FRANCHISE! It should expand and have more than just one measily TV series. There are multiple Manga so why can't there be multiple Anime as well. There should be much more to Pokemon Anime than just Ash and Pikachu.

    Also, this thread is a What If topic in which we discuss what could've been and what isn't. So please kindly contribute your own thoughts and ideas.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    An Alternative Reality
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    I've only done through the first nine volumes of Adventures, and of those I forgot where I posted the episodes for the last two volumes. I'll find the ones for those volumes and then do episodes for the next three, since I finished those books recently. So by the time all that is done I'll have twelve.
    Did you check the previous [two?] PokeSpe/Adventures into an anime thread? I remember you had a fantastic list in that thread before it got abandoned.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo1130 View Post
    Too little too late. I don't think it would be wise to do a anime starting in the Kanto region again when in general the pokemon merchandise is already in the fifth region not to mention we may have a 3rd gen remake on the horizon. Plus, Adventures fits better as just a manga, the last chance it had to be a anime was in 04 when the R/S remakes were the rage.
    Nostalgia. If Slayers can come back over 10 years later and have fans excited and happy, then Kantou can do that same when it has been in every gen except V so far. Creators can certainly use nostalgia to their advantage.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

    My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    How so? It's a FRANCHISE! It should expand and have more than just one measily TV series. There are multiple Manga so why can't there be multiple Anime as well. There should be much more to Pokemon Anime than just Ash and Pikachu.

    Also, this thread is a What If topic in which we discuss what could've been and what isn't. So please kindly contribute your own thoughts and ideas.
    Thats the difference. There is different variety of manga. Reader have different taste. But with anime, I'm pretty sure the Pokemon company wants to throw Ash and friends down our throats, after all, they have and still attact 8-10 yr olds. So having a different anime wouldn't be wise as it'll confuse viewers.

    If you thought I was rejecting the idea, you're wrong. It would be sweet to have a anime based on Adventures, but after over a decade I don't see it happening. Can there be movies based on each arc? Perhaps, in fact this is the best bet. But again this is a "What if" thread and I will leave it as that.
    Last edited by MissingNo1130; 25th May 2011 at 4:03 AM.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Did you check the previous [two?] PokeSpe/Adventures into an anime thread? I remember you had a fantastic list in that thread before it got abandoned.



    Nostalgia. If Slayers can come back over 10 years later and have fans excited and happy, then Kantou can do that same when it has been in every gen except V so far. Creators can certainly use nostalgia to their advantage.
    I'm pretty sure the nostalgia factor is kept with Ash and his 10 yr old self lol. But you're right they could use that to make the anime. But again, why put the energy into a 52 ep season when they could just put the time and effort in making specials for every arc if they decide to animate the manga.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo1130 View Post
    Thats the difference. There is different variety of manga. Reader have different taste. But with anime, I'm pretty sure the Pokemon company wants to throw Ash and friends down our throats, after all, they have and still attact 8-10 yr olds. So having a different anime wouldn't be wise as it'll confuse viewers.
    I still don't get why another Anime would confuse viewers. Other Anime had more than one TV series and even OVAs. What would make Pokemon any different?

    Also, viewers have different tastes to. Action/adventure, comedy, sci-fi, and more.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I still don't get why another Anime would confuse viewers. Other Anime had more than one TV series and even OVAs. What would make Pokemon any different?

    Also, viewers have different tastes to. Action/adventure, comedy, sci-fi, and more.
    I said that OVA would be most likely if they went that route, a anime series not so much.

    Also, you say that viewers have different views. Ok. But if both anime coexist, would both of them be considered action/adventure? Basically, the reason Poke company doesn't have a interest in making a anime for the manga is because they really don't see the purpose.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Prison!
    Posts
    171

    Default

    The anime would change the show drasticly, first the manga turned into the show would be very dumb down and full of fillers and extra stories. I doubt that the pokemon creators would allow the manga stories to be turned into episodes exactly how the comic is. For example ; thiers an episode/chapter where articuno, zapdos, and moltres where combined to make some sort of evil, demi god, legandery bird that was created by team rocket. I think if this was turned into an episode it would be stupid and horrible, so some things in the manga isnt nessasery. I dont know who would voice the characters but I would only hope that they dont find some adult that tries to talk like a naive kid. Knowing pokemon they probably will.The animation will be the same as the series that is out now. The reality of the situation is that pokemon will always be set a childs standereds and the only way it would be is if it was set on cartoon networks adult swim. I personaly think that their should be 2 series running at the same time of pokemon that way thiers shows that adults and kids can enjoy and be appropriate for. One should be the manga and the other the child series.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norman, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Can I just throw in that Patrick Warburton voicing Silver would bring me many lulz?
    Black Pokedex Progress: 483/649
    (Suspended until B2W2 English Release)
    Normal Monotype SS Challenge: 6 Badges
    PM me for FC's or trade requests!

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noob21 View Post
    The anime would change the show drasticly, first the manga turned into the show would be very dumb down and full of fillers and extra stories. I doubt that the pokemon creators would allow the manga stories to be turned into episodes exactly how the comic is. For example ; thiers an episode/chapter where articuno, zapdos, and moltres where combined to make some sort of evil, demi god, legandery bird that was created by team rocket. I think if this was turned into an episode it would be stupid and horrible, so some things in the manga isnt nessasery. I dont know who would voice the characters but I would only hope that they dont find some adult that tries to talk like a naive kid. Knowing pokemon they probably will.The animation will be the same as the series that is out now. The reality of the situation is that pokemon will always be set a childs standereds and the only way it would be is if it was set on cartoon networks adult swim. I personaly think that their should be 2 series running at the same time of pokemon that way thiers shows that adults and kids can enjoy and be appropriate for. One should be the manga and the other the child series.
    Well, we don't really know that. There are plenty of Manga that were adapted faithfully into Anime. Sure, they would censor some scenes even in Japan but they could be easily worked around.

    Plus, Japanese Anime and Manga for kids tend to show material that wouldn't be appropriate for kids in America.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA (how vague can you get?)
    Posts
    4,275

    Default

    Johto chapters/episodes (up through volume 12) added to my original episode list:

        Spoiler:


    Under the underlined episode is where Crys debuts...

    Now where'd I find the episodes for volumes 8 and 9? I didn't- I started over. I couldn't find the episodes for those volumes. I checked two "Adventures anime" threads besides this one. I also checked the talkback threads for all the Johto volumes... except 8 since that one I didn't see at all. Bleh... so I started over. I'm sure I did pretty much the same as before. And now I have 10~12...
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 24th June 2011 at 5:40 AM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

    My Current HeartGold Team:

    If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

    STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    An Alternative Reality
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    ^ Oooh, your list is always interesting, Rex Kamex. But, maybe the Suicune parts could be an hour special since its the hyped up lengendary unlike the others? I have to check the Lugia parts, but I think it could work as a good cliffhanger kind of arc, but wouldn't it take the whole 30 minutes for episode 80?
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

    My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA (how vague can you get?)
    Posts
    4,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    ^ Oooh, your list is always interesting, Rex Kamex.
    Thank you. =)

    But, maybe the Suicune parts could be an hour special since its the hyped up lengendary unlike the others?
    Do you mean the parts where the gym leaders face Suicune or when Crys and Eusine do?

    I have to check the Lugia parts, but I think it could work as a good cliffhanger kind of arc, but wouldn't it take the whole 30 minutes for episode 80?
    All the episodes are 30 minutes (well, with a commercial break halfway and one at the end of the episoide), but... what specific parts of the Lugia thing did you have in mind for the cliffhanger? As of now, 79 ends with Crys realizing that Gold and Silver are Pokedex holders, so it's pretty much around the time that all three of them first come together. (Although actually I thought that chapter ended with the three starters evolving into their final forms. Although that was a mistake I made from skimming back over those chapters.) The end of 80 is after the Lugia confrontation, where Silver meets up with Lance.

    Yeaaaaaah 79 and 80 aren't the best cliffhangers. In general, especially in the G/S/C arc, I've been wondering whether to end the episodes with the storylines of certain people or have episodes with multiple sets of people.

    I could end 80 somewhere within the middle of the Lugia confrontation, but I wasn't sure exactly where to go from there- have that storyline end at the end of 81 and have minutes filler? (Not that filler's automatically a bad thing.) Or have it end in, like, the middle of 81 and have some of the part with Suicune and Misty?
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

    My Current HeartGold Team:

    If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

    STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    An Alternative Reality
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    Do you mean the parts where the gym leaders face Suicune or when Crys and Eusine do?
    Chp 130-132 which would be Crys fighting Suicune. The way it ends can set up a good way to end such arc if they end with the Team Rocket scene or when Crys' pokeball misses. Though, relooking at the chapters, maybe the Lugia arc would be a better hour long episode instead considering how more epic it would be...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    All the episodes are 30 minutes (well, with a commercial break halfway and one at the end of the episoide), but... what specific parts of the Lugia thing did you have in mind for the cliffhanger? As of now, 79 ends with Crys realizing that Gold and Silver are Pokedex holders, so it's pretty much around the time that all three of them first come together. (Although actually I thought that chapter ended with the three starters evolving into their final forms. Although that was a mistake I made from skimming back over those chapters.) The end of 80 is after the Lugia confrontation, where Silver meets up with Lance.

    Yeaaaaaah 79 and 80 aren't the best cliffhangers. In general, especially in the G/S/C arc, I've been wondering whether to end the episodes with the storylines of certain people or have episodes with multiple sets of people.

    I could end 80 somewhere within the middle of the Lugia confrontation, but I wasn't sure exactly where to go from there- have that storyline end at the end of 81 and have minutes filler? (Not that filler's automatically a bad thing.) Or have it end in, like, the middle of 81 and have some of the part with Suicune and Misty?
    I would have to agree. The chapters themselves really don't translate well to cliffhangers... But, I was thinking that if they cut the part where they find out the pokeball is empty, the capture could be the cliffhanger. A not so good one, but the suspense could make it work. The episode would probably need some minutes of filler, but as you said, it can be good filler. Maybe some kind of filler where Silver, Crys, and Gold are show bonding more or something.

    Oh, the part of Suicune and Kasumi would be a good idea! What about in the next episode when they find out the pokeball is empty, the episode could finish off with the Suicune and Kasumi getting together. Ep 82 could have the scenes with the Dex Holders splitting up and it's like the chapters' order from there.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

    My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, hugging my Dreamcast
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    A Japanese fan group happened to make a very kickass opening for Special along with a few other bits of animation.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,283

    Default

    Oddly similar to what I usually imagine what a Pokemon Adventures opening would look like if used with the anime's openings.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    A Japanese fan group happened to make a very kickass opening for Special along with a few other bits of animation.
    I liked it. It didn't have the most fantastic animation in the world, but it was something that I could've definitely seen as an Opening theme for a Pokemon Special anime series. In fact, I almost wish that they had done an anime adaptation for Pokemon Special rather than the anime series we got instead. I do like the current anime, but I'm sure a Pokemon Special anime would've been ten times more exciting.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    19

    Default

    woot coolness
    ;466

    copy this in ur sig if u want victini or geno in SSB4 (started by VictiniRaiden)

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    79

    Default

    If Pokemon special was made into an Anime:

    1. It Will be a lot more Action
    2. Wi Would be able to see some main character that actually do (Win) something not called orange league or Batller frontier
    3. We Would be able to see a better character than ash (Red)
    4. We could see some liver or dead battles
    5.We could see some epic battles like mewtwo vs deoxys.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Your basement
    Posts
    1,421

    Default

    It (the anime) would be better.

    Unless they changed it to make it more like the TV show, which would happen if the rating was still Y7.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

    Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle



  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    It (the anime) would be better.

    Unless they changed it to make it more like the TV show, which would happen if the rating was still Y7.
    Well, the Manga is for kids be it in Japan or the US and some Manga don't get faithful adaptation to TV shows so that's anybody's guess as to how the show would be handled.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  23. #73
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I'm almost positive that they'd find a way to ruin that. However, I'm positive that it will be superior to the current Anime. Its storyline is so much more interesting and hooking.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    An Alternative Reality
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    A Japanese fan group happened to make a very kickass opening for Special along with a few other bits of animation.
    Gaaaah. Why do you have to tease us?

    It was pretty good. Having one of THE best Pokemon songs being used certainly helped. It only makes me want more from this fan group; I'm interested in seeing how well they can improve. It needs more Professor Ookido.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

    My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, hugging my Dreamcast
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Gaaaah. Why do you have to tease us?
    That's what I was made for. 8D

    It was pretty good. Having one of THE best Pokemon songs being used certainly helped.
    It also helps that it was an opening theme during the time when the anime's bizarre writing actually reminded me of Special and other Pokemon manga at times, but without the ongoing plot. Kind of like a cross between the gag manga and Special.

    There's also the fact that this fan opening contained ideas that would have been cool in the ACTUAL anime's opening. Satoshi and Shigeru facing off against each other during the closing parts of the opening (like Red and Green did in the fan OP) would have been epic.

    I'm now imagining the G/S arc with the anime's "OK!" opening and a HGSS arc opening with "Saikou Everyday".

    It only makes me want more from this fan group; I'm interested in seeing how well they can improve. It needs more Professor Ookido.
    Yeah. It was weird hearing the professor say "Sorya sou ja!" in the song without actually seeing him. I was half-expecting them to slip him in during that part, but well, it's a fan opening, and the whole thing actually fits better than I expected.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 23rd June 2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •