Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: What IF Pokemon Special (Adventures) was made into an Anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If they want, they could just put it on Adult Swim so that production doesn't get death threats from dumb parents who haven't read or can tell the slight difference between Pokemon and Pokemon Special.
    No. Pokemon will never be put on Adult Swim. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If they want, they could just put it on Adult Swim so that production doesn't get death threats from dumb parents who haven't read or can tell the slight difference between Pokemon and Pokemon Special.
    Or Nick or Nicktoons? Maybe rate it TV-PG-V.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Media Factory's Da Vinci Denshi Navi asked readers what manga they would want made into an anime. Pocket Monsters Special came in third. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it does show that there's a tangible audience for an anime adaptation of this manga. What do you guys think?

Check this site
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-want-animated
    http://ddnavi.com/news/43525/

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    Media Factory's Da Vinci Denshi Navi asked readers what manga they would want made into an anime. Pocket Monsters Special came in third. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it does show that there's a tangible audience for an anime adaptation of this manga. What do you guys think?

Check this site
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-want-animated
    http://ddnavi.com/news/43525/
    Here's an idea. Try checking to see if someone hasn't made a thread for this already.

And, newsflash: Someone did.

Whenever people base Pokemon off the anime and say it's "gay" I get really mad.
    If Pokemon Adventures became an anime, not that many people would make fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gamerator1 View Post
    Whenever people base Pokemon off the anime and say it's "gay" I get really mad.
    If Pokemon Adventures became an anime, not that many people would make fun of it.
    People tend to take Sinnoh more seriously than the other sagas of the main animu, so I'm betting that if they were to adapt Pokemon Special it'd take a similar tone and be an animu for the fans, rather than a marketing tool like the one we have now. Thing is, would they start from the very beginning or keep in line with the current generation due to the lack of reference to prior continuities in the Black and White chapter?

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Thing is, would they start from the very beginning or keep in line with the current generation due to the lack of reference to prior continuities in the Black and White chapter?
    Well, if storytelling the main concern, they might start from the beginning. Or maybe that and adapt BW alongside. Two for the price of one.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Well, if storytelling the main concern, they might start from the beginning. Or maybe that and adapt BW alongside. Two for the price of one.
    But, they wouldn't want the episodes to be TOO pricey, unless they were going to the same team as the main animu. Basically, three Pokemon animus running at the same time's just a bit much if you ask me.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Thing is, would they start from the very beginning or keep in line with the current generation due to the lack of reference to prior continuities in the Black and White chapter?
    They already have our current anime to advertise Black/White, so they wouldn't need to make the Special one do it as well. Not saying they wouldn't do it, just that they wouldn't have to.

While a B/W Special anime would be better than none, I'd prefer for them to start from the beginning because I'd like to see it all animated, not just part of it. Plus with the first 7 arcs already being completed that would give the anime plenty to work with before it would have to start worrying about the manga and vice-versa.

But, they wouldn't want the episodes to be TOO pricey, unless they were going to the same team as the main animu. Basically, three Pokemon animus running at the same time's just a bit much if you ask me.
    I wouldn't think so to be honest. Though, if there were three animes running at once, I'd prefer for them to be separate things. (as in one being our current anime, another being a Special adaptation, and the third being an adaptation of one of the other mangas or a new anime)
    Last edited by 1dbad; 19th March 2012 at 7:32 AM.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

If they do make a anime for PokeSpecial they probably would start from the beginning with Red and stuff and move on up. They don't have to use Special for a advertisement add as the current anime does that already. It would also be dumb to just start right off with BW when it could connect with the older arcs. Just because they haven't yet doesn't mean they won't. If anything it won't connect until later. Diamond and Pearl anyone? It stood out on it's own for so long and then came volume 38 XD so yeah I would question the logic if they start with BW as the anime.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I agree with 1dbad and Platinum fan.

An anime adaption can't be created when what they're trying to specifically adapt isn't finished. Manga-anime adaptions are always created when the manga is far ahead to avoid overtaking; since anime episodes would come out more often than the actual chapters themselves the PokeSpe anime would overtake in no time. That would lead to more filler and anime originals than actual content. If they do an anime, they might as well just start from the beginning to just get it over with. Who knows what Kusaka might do to link older characters/arcs. Plus, there is no good arc to start it from that won't run into the problem of overtaking or having to go onto hiatus (which barely happens)...

If they were going to start a PokeSpe anime on some random arc just to try and make money, I rather them just not make an anime at all.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

^In no time? I don't think so. An Anime doesn't get made over night, you know? Same with any other animated TV show or movie. There's getting the right voice actors, getting the animation, music, scripts, etc. Everything take a while to complete and TRUST ME, it's no cakewalk. And if it's aired on TV, it'll be aired weekly or something. By the time they reach the GSC arc's start, Kusaka would be on the Gen 6's arc if they start now. Not to mention that there are 40 volumes currently so they'll have plenty to work with and if they take their time, they'll have plenty more.

Also, Dragon Ball (Z) was adapted into an Anime but still had filler in order to distance itself from the Manga.
    Last edited by matt0044; 20th March 2012 at 10:16 PM.

^In no time? I don't think so. An Anime doesn't get made over night, you know? Same with an Anime. There's getting the right voice actors, getting the animation, music, scripts, etc. Everything take a while to complete and TRUST ME, it's no cakewalk. And if it's aired on TV, it'll be aired weekly or something. By the time they reach the GSC arc's start, Kusaka would be on the Gen 6's arc if they start now. Not to mention that there are 40 volumes currently so they'll have plenty to work with and if they take their time, they'll have plenty more.

Also, Dragon Ball (Z) was adapted into an Anime but still had filler in order to distance itself from the Manga.
    I'm talking about once it airs and if they started with BW not the beginning. It was in response to the above posters mentioning that the anime might start with BW since that's where all the hype is at (that's all neglecting the whole process since I, personally, don't know anything about it). Weekly episodes compared to monthly (I believe?) chapters? Yeah, the anime will overtake in no time once if it starts with BW (anime just tends to be faster); episodes are usually made of 2-3ish chapters not just one, you know. Naturally, if they started with RGB there would be no problems until a few years later when they finally catch up. I'm not disputing that.

Yeah, look what that led to. How much of DBZ fillers are actually worth something? Plenty of TV anime have fillers nowadays. But, other anime usually have excuses (I'm not sure about DBZ); a PokeSpe anime that starts on an ongoing arc doesn't. The only time fillers would be okay if they add something worthwhile not something overall pointless.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Yeah, look what that led to. How much of DBZ fillers are actually worth something? Plenty of TV anime have fillers nowadays. But, other anime usually have excuses (I'm not sure about DBZ); a PokeSpe anime that starts on an ongoing arc doesn't. The only time fillers would be okay if they add something worthwhile not something overall pointless.
    That's what I was getting at. If you ask me, the director of the PokeSpe Anime should put in some Anime-exculsive material (not filler) to sort of expand on certain parts or maybe fix an error or a plot hole or two. While staying true to the Manga's story, of course. Basically, filler in an Anime sense that amounts to something in the end.

Also, I think the PokeSpe Anime could be aimed at kids and keep the dark material in Japan or the U.S. so long as they don't go overboard.
    Last edited by matt0044; 21st March 2012 at 12:55 AM.

That's what I was getting at. If you ask me, the director of the PokeSpe Anime should put in some Anime-exculsive material (not filler) to sort of expand on certain parts or maybe fix an error or a plot hole or two. While staying true to the Manga's story, of course. Basically, filler in an Anime sense that amounts to something in the end.

Also, I think the PokeSpe Anime could be aimed at kids and keep the dark material in Japan or the U.S. so long as they don't go overboard.
    Oh, I see. I thought you were talking about something else. And I agree and have also been saying that; PokeSpe, especially the earlier arcs, can only benefit from anime original material if done right. I would love for that to happen since I believe the anime has the potential to better than its manga counterpart for some arcs.

The only problem I can see is that some of the earlier dark/"radical" stuff getting censored since Japan has started to become censor-happy. The youngest arcs should be okay, though. For the US, I think it would greatly depend on what Japan kept and if it'll be shown on TV in US or not. The US can really be picky.

If it stayed true to the Manga, and ended when it was done, then AMAZING I would pay for it One hundred times over! However if they went and milked it like the disgusting (and repetitive) excuse for a pokemon anime we are cursed with now, then I would be in prison due to violent acts and assault.

The only problem I can see is that some of the earlier dark/"radical" stuff getting censored since Japan has started to become censor-happy. The youngest arcs should be okay, though. For the US, I think it would greatly depend on what Japan kept and if it'll be shown on TV in US or not. The US can really be picky.
    So long as the overall characters and story aren't affected, then it might not be much of an issue (for me) but I hope they only take out and/or imply the extreme stuff (like Brock's Onix coming apart or the Magmar getting frozen and cut in half by Giovanni).

Then I'd go running around and screaming, like I'm the happiest guy in the world. I always wished PokeSpe would be an anime.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I wish PokeSpe would be an anime so badly. It has enough potential to be a successful anime as long as they don't change anything. They also have to start from the beginning and not from the BW arc or else it will all go wrong. The darker things that happened in the manga were some of the things that really interested me and I hope they don't censor that. At least not in Japan.

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

If this manga ever developed into an anime I would most certainly watch its premiere. Red is better than Ash will ever be. No more stupid Jesse, James and Meowth... no more watching Ash making lame mistakes over and over again... all of that would be forgone over a darker, more logical anime. Kids would enjoy watching Pokémon Special, just not little 1st graders. Pokémon Special would have ratings that surpass that of the current anime ten fold.

PokeSpe isn't dark so much as just epic with stuff that you'd never expect to be in Pokemon before reading.

If they were going to start a PokeSpe anime on some random arc just to try and make money, I rather them just not make an anime at all.
    That will make Pokemon unpured by touch of greed. They talk about Love and Care Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    If this manga ever developed into an anime I would most certainly watch its premiere. Red is better than Ash will ever be. No more stupid Jesse, James and Meowth... no more watching Ash making lame mistakes over and over again... all of that would be forgone over a darker, more logical anime. Kids would enjoy watching Pokémon Special, just not little 1st graders. Pokémon Special would have ratings that surpass that of the current anime ten fold.
    You got it. I kinda like the anime if there is no Team Rocket Trio again. But I kinda afraid of their fans

PokeSpe isn't dark so much as just epic with stuff that you'd never expect to be in Pokemon before reading.
    Yeah, There is another darker mangas. I glad that it create perfect chemistry for Pokefan.
    Last edited by Ludger; 10th April 2012 at 9:16 AM.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

Personally, I would hope that 4kids never got their hands on it. also, let us hope that if it does get made into an anime, that NOTHING gets left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Orichalum del Penance View Post
    Personally, I would hope that 4kids never got their hands on it. also, let us hope that if it does get made into an anime, that NOTHING gets left out.
    4kids is pretty much done with Pokemon so no need to worry as Dawn would say.

If Pokemon special would have been made in an anime then it should have happened years ago, with how successful the manga is. I'd also want to see an anime of that manga, as long as they don't change too much and no fillers. Of course I'll watch it eng subbed. I still think english dub with good voices is too rare and most eng dubbed anime made me want to jump out the window because their voices sounded terrible, let's not forget with how U.S. is with the children's 'pureness' which is ridiculous. Back to the topic the chance for getting an Pokespecial anime is very small. Even thought I am sure that there are millions of fans begging for an anime, but no company is interested in making an anime and since they think that the lame anime that we have now is good enough to make them rich, since children have no taste or idea of what good anime is. Where stuck with the one crappy Pokemon anime.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast