Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What IF Pokemon Special (Adventures) was made into an Anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    That's what I was made for. 8D
    Harrumph. It seems it doesn't stop at the opening. Finding these is completely your fault. xD The Japanese fan group seems to be doing the whole first episode and possibly more!

There's also the fact that this fan opening contained ideas that would have been cool in the ACTUAL anime's opening. Satoshi and Shigeru facing off against each other during the closing parts of the opening (like Red and Green did in the fan OP) would have been epic.

I'm now imagining the G/S arc with the anime's "OK!" opening and a HGSS arc opening with "Saikou Everyday".
    Like showing the Gym Leaders? xD That would of been cool to see in the original since the anime's gym leaders were cool as well, especially Sakaki (who totally should of had a shadowy apperance in the anime's opening).

I would of love to see Satoshi and Shigeru have an epic looking face off. Or something from the Kantou and Johto Tournments. It's sad that Shigeru gets such small cameos and no epic ones in the openings. "Ready Go!"'s opening was so close, it could have shown Satoshi battling Shigeru to tease us with.

"OK!" would be so misleading with it's cheerful tone and song. xD Gah, you got me imagining it now! I just imagined Gold, Crystal, and Silver running together and Ho-ou and Lugia fighting the 3 birds above them. I wish the Japanese fan group would do an opening for the GSC arc with "OK!" (or "Ready Go!", both are awesome). Aww, no high-pitched singing "Aratanaru Chikai" for the HGSS arc?

Yeah. It was weird hearing the professor say "Sorya sou ja!" in the song without actually seeing him. I was half-expecting them to slip him in during that part, but well, it's a fan opening, and the whole thing actually fits better than I expected.
    I was expecting the same or for him to appear somewhere. I was sad when he and his masked self didn't. If his masked self appeared somewhere (or they showed him facing Blue along with the Green and Red face-off) it would of made the fan opening even more awesome. Yeah, openings have to be one of the hardest part of the job, but they did a wonderful job regardless.
    Last edited by Evilchibi_pichu; 24th June 2011 at 7:38 AM.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

A Japanese fan group happened to make a very kickass opening for Special along with a few other bits of animation.
    Wow that really was awesome perfect for an opening I am very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    I wish the Japanese fan group would do an opening for the GSC arc
    I wish they would do an opening for EVERY arc. xD The Red/Blue/Green one was awesome and I would love to see one for every arc, and at this rate I wouldn't even care what song they used for it. xD (I would hope it would fit though >:3)
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Well, if I do an opening guide...

Well...let's go.

Left is the Japanese titles (since I can't really imagine what TCPi would come up with) Right is the corresponding round

Spoiler:- Red, Green, and Blue chapter::

More Later...
    Last edited by lolipiece; 25th June 2011 at 2:23 AM.

I will say one thing. If Special was made into an anime, it would wipe the floor with the current anime. Special just has SO much more depth than the anime, both plot-wise and character-wise.

Also, for some reason I want to see the voice actor that did Kari from the English Digimon play the voice of Yellow. I have no idea why.
    PASBL Trainer Level 2

Current Game Challenges
    Pearl Scramble Challenge:
    Emerald Scramble Challenge:
    FireRed Monotype Challenge: Fire-type

If Pokemon Special was made into an anime, wouldn't people start to like Pokemon again? Because the anime now is not as awesome as it was at the beginning. But Pokemon Special is just so much better. I really wish they would make a Pokemon Special anime...
    ~Heroes need no congratulations~Friendship needs no reminders~Enemies have no boundaries~

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanLV5 View Post
    If the anime followed the story of Pokémon Adventures, it'd be SOOO much better.

-No more incompetent idiots as main characters.
    -No more annoying female characters, but the badassery of the Adventures female characters instead (Krystaaaaal!)
    -It would be both hilarious and interesting.
    -The art style of the Adventures manga is really cool and I reckon it'd make for a great style for an anime too.
    this, but keep the current Team Rocket trio, and Brock

and NO American translations, just Japanese voices and English subtitles. I lost faith with American Translations many years ago.
    Last edited by arbiter7x; 26th June 2011 at 6:03 AM.
    "Neo" New banner UP!

I've read some of the Manga.. and If the anime was done the Manga way.. It would REALLY REALLY grip you.
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Harrumph. It seems it doesn't stop at the opening. Finding these is completely your fault. xD The Japanese fan group seems to be doing the whole first episode and possibly more!
    Yup, seen those. Voices could use a little work, but other than that, they seem to be progressing better than other groups that are attempting to do this.

Like showing the Gym Leaders? xD That would of been cool to see in the original since the anime's gym leaders were cool as well, especially Sakaki (who totally should of had a shadowy apperance in the anime's opening)
    Showcasing Gym Leaders in the opening animations is always something that would be appreciated when it comes to the anime. They seem to refuse to do so a lot of the time. D:

"OK!" would be so misleading with it's cheerful tone and song. xD Gah, you got me imagining it now! I just imagined Gold, Crystal, and Silver running together and Ho-ou and Lugia fighting the 3 birds above them. I wish the Japanese fan group would do an opening for the GSC arc with "OK!" (or "Ready Go!", both are awesome).

Aww, no high-pitched singing "Aratanaru Chikai" for the HGSS arc?
    I actually envision "OK!" being the first G/S/C opening (before Crystal is introduced), with "Aratanaru Chikai" as the second opening (starting at the point where Crystal gets her own chapters), and "Ready Go!" as the third (during the final chapters). Pretty much the same as the G/S/C portion of the Pokemon doujin I'm working on, where I think about which opening would go with which part of the saga and such.

(or they showed him facing Blue along with the Green and Red face-off)
    That part of the song always felt reserved for an epic showdown between the Generation 1 Redplicas and their rivals. At least to me. Ookido still should have been there with or without his disguise regardless. >:

Quote Originally Posted by arbiter7x View Post
    this, but keep the current Team Rocket trio, and Brock
    If they made an adaptation of the manga instead, Musashi, Kohirou, and Nyaasu wouldn't have existed. Also, Takeshi's already in this manga to begin with (should be fairly obvious seeing as he's a Gym Leader...). Unless you mean his anime version would appear, in which case wouldn't make sense, seeing as you either have two Takeshis running around or write out one for the other. Anime Takeshi has no business being in Special's story. Same with the anime's Rocket-dan trio.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 26th June 2011 at 9:27 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Part Two! I can't believe it took me two hours to write this....

Left is the Japanese titles, right is the corresponding round.

Spoiler:- Yellow Chapter:

and NO American translations, just Japanese voices and English subtitles. I lost faith with American Translations many years ago.
    Really? What about Anime dubbing companies like ADV and FUNimation? They may not be the greatest but they're certainly no 4kids.

Also, some people don't like reading subtitles. Not that they're blind or illiterate but they prefer to sit and relax when watching Anime without having to read all the time. Hence, why there are English dubs. Not to mention that though things can get lost in translation, you must remember that English and Japanese are two very different languages.

Besides, I doubt kids in the US would like reading subtitles. Maybe for the games but not for the TV show.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

:P Saw this one coming. I can imagine at the very end, Yellow befriending a bunch of Pokemon in the opening, while looking at the horizon, cutting to a shot of her senpai, Professor Ookido, Masaki, Nanami, the Pokemon fanclub president, etc. with Red being the very last person seen.

...the epic appearance of the Shitennou in an opening which I don't recall ever happening in the actual anime.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Really? What about Anime dubbing companies like ADV and FUNimation?
    Yeah, that would have been swell.

Besides, I doubt kids in the US would like reading subtitles.
    Probably not for the whole show, but I remember it being one of the charms of that giant Pokemon episode back in the original anime.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

I would like that they do an Anime too. For change in a while.

Probably not for the whole show, but I remember it being one of the charms of that giant Pokemon episode back in the original anime.
    Yes, maybe for the Pokemon speaking but I don't think kids would find the appeal in human characters speaking in a foreign language with English text translations. They watch TV so they don't have to read.

Speaking of dubs, how would the Pokemon Special Anime dub be handled in the US?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Well like I said earlier,

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    I can imagine the most violent and risque stuff in Special would be edited in Japan.
    To be specific, even for a 1997 anime (assuming that's when this anime would start) I don't see things happening like Arbok being cut in half (I know it revives itself- I don't think that would makes a difference) or Gold... patting anyone.

EDIT: Oh wait, you already said that there are manga that aren't adapted faithfully into anime...

Also, it's important to note that less risque stuff occurred in the current anime series over the years too...

Quote Originally Posted by arbiter7x
    As implied earlier, different dubbing companies edit the shows in different ways. And I don't see America resisting the chance to dub it into English.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Numero Three…o!

Spoiler:- Gold, Silver, & Crystal chapter:
    Last edited by lolipiece; 28th June 2011 at 7:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanLV5 View Post
    If the anime followed the story of Pokémon Adventures, it'd be SOOO much better.

-No more incompetent idiots as main characters.
    -No more annoying female characters, but the badassery of the Adventures female characters instead (Krystaaaaal!)
    -It would be both hilarious and interesting.
    -The art style of the Adventures manga is really cool and I reckon it'd make for a great style for an anime too.
    That's my answer to the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    or Gold... patting anyone.
    Roshi's been feeling up girls in Dragon Ball for as long as I could remmeber. And Goku's little trick to finding out if someone is a boy or not...

I don't think Japan is that strict about slight perversion as long as it doesn't go too far past the questionable meter. Remember Kojirou's inflatable breasts?
    Last edited by Satoshi; 28th June 2011 at 7:04 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

Roshi's been feeling up girls in Dragon Ball for as long as I could remmeber. And Goku's little trick to finding out if someone is a boy or not...

I don't think Japan is that strict about slight perversion as long as it doesn't go too far past the questionable meter. Remember Kojirou's inflatable breasts?
    And that wasn't past the questionable meter?

Spoiler:- Gold, Silver, Crystal part two:

So, how am I doing with these?
    Last edited by lolipiece; 1st July 2011 at 1:10 PM.

It's inappropriate and questionable, not explicit and worthy of "parental advisory" in Japan.

Spoiler:- Gold, Silver, Crystal part two:

So, how am I doing with these?
    I think the opening should be spread out more, since that would be a really short run for an opening if it was an anime. I'd say stretch it out until the Gym Leader tournament.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 28th June 2011 at 7:18 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

It's supposed to be because of the fact that the GSC chapter is longer than the previous two...

I guess I can keep Ok (although the animation which will never exist and currently on exists in the depths of my twisted imagination....er, you didn't read that last part...will be shifted to a more Crystal themed opening) until Gold and Silver are revived..then it switches to a new oath....

If they made an adaptation of the manga instead, Musashi, Kohirou, and Nyaasu wouldn't have existed. Also, Takeshi's already in this manga to begin with (should be fairly obvious seeing as he's a Gym Leader...). Unless you mean his anime version would appear, in which case wouldn't make sense, seeing as you either have two Takeshis running around or write out one for the other. Anime Takeshi has no business being in Special's story. Same with the anime's Rocket-dan trio.
    I mean change the story a bit so that Brock keeps his anime personality (ladiesman), and the Rocket Trio just makes random appearances for comic relief sake, as we need something besides Blue (girl)'s flirting with Red to keep it funny.
    "Neo" New banner UP!

I mean change the story a bit so that Brock keeps his anime personality (ladiesman), and the Rocket Trio just makes random appearances for comic relief sake, as we need something besides Blue (girl)'s flirting with Red to keep it funny.
    We already have the Rocket Elite Trio for that. Either way, the Rocket trio in the anime was made purely under certain circumstances during production while Takeshi Shudo was still in charge of the writing. If the current anime didn't exist, then neither would they.

Pokemon Special doesn't need the anime's running gags to be funny. It has its own. Anyways, turning a fairly down-to-earth character into a hornball would cause backlash with manga fans and would be pulling a Toei!YGO. Manga adaptation should stay true to the characters originally portrayed.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 28th June 2011 at 1:31 PM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

Looks awesome but you have lorelei's japanese name wrong. It's Kanna and not Prima and Agatha's japanese name is Kukiko. Maybe you miss typed. Maybe you call the elite 4 shitenou instead of the 4 heavenly knight, like they're called in japanese. You don't have to change it it's just and sugestion ^^.

Shitennou = Four Heavenly Kings in Japanese... it's basically the same thing, really.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast