Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: What IF Pokemon Special (Adventures) was made into an Anime?

Pokemon Adventures is a Pokemon manga running for over 15 years in Japan. It is one of the two longest running Pokemon manga in existence; the other being Pokemon Pocket Monsters. It almost never gets any real special attention, while Pokemon Pocket Monsters has gotten a cameo in the anime back in AG.

Face facts, people. No matter how much we may want it, the odds of this getting an anime adaptation is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Face facts, people. No matter how much we may want it, the odds of this getting an anime adaptation is highly unlikely.
    So why not just accept it? Right?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Pokemon Adventures is a Pokemon manga running for over 15 years in Japan. It is one of the two longest running Pokemon manga in existence; the other being Pokemon Pocket Monsters. It almost never gets any real special attention, while Pokemon Pocket Monsters has gotten a cameo in the anime back in AG.

Yeah I have said that earlier. And if you want to make this a highly unlikely, said it in this thread . This thread is specialized in if Pokemon Special anime is made and the current anime is not exist.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

I wouldn't mind, especially since I only ever got to read the Red Blue and Yellow chapter.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

can we like or not the pokemon anime is having more and more influence on the games the proof is the almost pathetic movepool that red pikachu have if pokespe was the one animated red pikachu (im speculating) instead quick atack and thunderbolt it would have like surf and thunder ant the pokemon that give away would be more like the ones in the manga like a flying blastoise[/SIZE], a pichu with a diferent hairstyle and other epic pokemon with the same natures as the one the of pokedex holder or other characters have. bothen line even the games would look better if special was the one animated.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayKyuren View Post
    can we like or not the pokemon anime is having more and more influence on the games the proof is the almost pathetic movepool that red pikachu have if pokespe was the one animated red pikachu (im speculating) instead quick atack and thunderbolt it would have like surf and thunder ant the pokemon that give away would be more like the ones in the manga like a flying blastoise[/SIZE], a pichu with a diferent hairstyle and other epic pokemon with the same natures as the one the of pokedex holder or other characters have. bothen line even the games would look better if special was the one animated.
    Those are all terrible ideas.

What does it matter what move set Ash's Pikachu had? You can teach it news moves anyway.

And male Pikachu never get Surf. Ever.

Green's Blastoise can't Fly. He just uses a Water-type move to simulate flying.

A Pichu with a different hairstyle? That's pointless.

Those are all terrible ideas.

What does it matter what move set Ash's Pikachu had? You can teach it news moves anyway.

And male Pikachu never get Surf. Ever.

Green's Blastoise can't Fly. He just uses a Water-type move to simulate flying.

A Pichu with a different hairstyle? That's pointless.
    I think you mean "She" uses Water-type moves to simulate flying. Getting Green and Blue confused a bit, eh Lolipiece?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I think you mean "She" uses Water-type moves to simulate flying. Getting Green and Blue confused a bit, eh Lolipiece?
    What are you talking about? Blasty is a male Pokemon.

When you said he uses water type moves to stimulate flying I thought you were referring to the trainer giving orders for the stimulation not the Pokemon itself.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

OOh, ooh, me, me! I've been thinking about English Voice actors, and here's what I have!

Lance: Vic Mignogna

Gold: Todd Haberkorn

Crystal: Caitlin Glass

That's about it... I'll think of some more later.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

I don't think Ed's voice would go well for Lance.

Well, to be fair, Vic's done quite a few bad-guy roles before, and Edo's voice isn't the only one he could do. Think the main bad guy in the Wolverine anime... Anyway, this might seem absurd, but would Aaron Dismuke go well for Silver? I've been toying with that idea... And what about Laura Bailey for Blue? (the girl I mean) Hmmmm....... Hrmmmmmm...
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

I'd be more interested in know what good Japanese voice actors would be fitting for the characters. Like Hirano Aya for Blue maybe.

May I join in for the English voice actor debate? Some of these voice actresses are talented at voicing boys.

Red (Age 16): Aaron Dismuke
    Blue (Age 16): Micah Solusod
    Green (Age 17): Leah Clark
    Yellow: Cherami Leigh
    Ruby: Greg Ayres
    Sapphire: Laura Bailey
    Diamond: Maxie Whitehead
    Pearl: Joel McDonald
    Platinum: Luci Christian
    Gold (Age 16): Newton Pittman
    Silver (Age 16): Todd Haberkorn
    Crystal (Age 17): Monica Rial
    Emerald: Colleen Clinkenbeard
    Black: Josh Grelle
    White: Brina Palencia

This is what might have happened if Pokemon had been licensed by Funimation.
    Last edited by Lanik; 8th September 2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Additional voice actors have been listed

Ok, my english voice actor list!

Red: Brad Swaile (Light Yagami in Death Note)

Green (guy): Eric Vale (Kimblee in FMA, Karasuma in School Rumble! America and Canada in Hetalia)

Blue: Laura Bailey (Lust in FMA, Maka in Soul Eater)

Yellow: Luci Christian (The Truth and Wrath in FMAB and FMA, Honey in Ouran, Tenma in School Rumble!)

Gold: Todd Haberkorn (Ling Yao in FMAB, Death the Kid in Soul Eater, Hikaru in Ouran)

Silver: Aaron Dismuke (Alphonse in FMA ONLY, Honey's brother in Ouran, Young Hohenheim in FMAB)

Crystal: Caitlin Glass (Winry in FMA, Haruhi in Ouran)

Ruby: Michael Solused (I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it) (Soul Eater in, well, Soul Eater)

Diamond: Maxie Whitehead (Alphonse in FMAB ONLY, Sealand in Hetalia)

Black: Vic Mignogna (Everyone should know who this is)

Didn't say it was complete

This has always been on my mind.

1. I think it would be mostly the same, but there would HAVE to be filler in the Platinum chapters. They went way too fast for me.

2. I'm honestly not very good with voice actors.

3. Hopefully it would be someone like FUNimation so that it wouldn't be changed very much.

4. I couldn't see the designs changing very much, and I already like them all.

Also, I hope that they wouldn't be as edity as they were on the first few episodes of Pokemon. If I remember correctly, didn't they cut the scene where Misty slapped Ash when he ruined her bike? How in the world would they do the DPPt arc, cutting out all of the times Pearl slaps Dia? And if they did, wouldn't that take a whole lot away from the part where Dia says the whole "I'm not your underling" thing?
    Last edited by Kittens~; 8th September 2012 at 7:52 PM.
    My current Emerald team:
    (Battle Frontier team)
    ^shiny
    Switch-out members:

^shiny

I don't think Bumping is a great Idea.Mostly when this thread is abandoned for almost 3 months
    Last edited by Ludger; 9th September 2012 at 7:22 AM.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

It would be loads time better than the regular anime. I may be the only one who thinks this here, since I'm in a Pokemon forum, but the anime is really bad. Just about every episode can be predicted with this chart.
    A) Ash and friends walking through a forest or something
    -
    1) Ash and friends approach a new Pokemon
    Ash and friends wonder what the heck it is, and try to catch it.
    They usually fail, and it escapes.
    Ash and friends approach a new town.
    They find that there is something that has been giving them problems
    Solve problem quickly after fighting team Rocket.
    Find Pokemon from earlier and catch it.
    Stare into sunset before walking into another forest.
    2) Ash and friends approach a new town
    They find the town is having a problem
    Ash and friends fix the problem, and fight Team Rocket
    Stare into sunset before walking into another forest.
    3) Ash and friends approach a town with a gym and/or contest
    Find the town is having a problem
    If a town with a gym, they run into the gym leader and he helps with problem.
    Fight Team Rocket.
    If gym, challenge gym leader. If Ash loses, repeat process next episode.
    If contest, current female character in the group enters and if wins, stare into sunset and continue to forest. If fails, Ash and current secondary male reassure her that she can just participate in the next one, and they continue into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMimeEpik View Post
    Ok, my english voice actor list!

Red: Brad Swaile (Light Yagami in Death Note)

Green (guy): Eric Vale (Kimblee in FMA, Karasuma in School Rumble! America and Canada in Hetalia)

Blue: Laura Bailey (Lust in FMA, Maka in Soul Eater)

Yellow: Luci Christian (The Truth and Wrath in FMAB and FMA, Honey in Ouran, Tenma in School Rumble!)

Gold: Todd Haberkorn (Ling Yao in FMAB, Death the Kid in Soul Eater, Hikaru in Ouran)

Silver: Aaron Dismuke (Alphonse in FMA ONLY, Honey's brother in Ouran, Young Hohenheim in FMAB)

Crystal: Caitlin Glass (Winry in FMA, Haruhi in Ouran)

Ruby: Michael Solused (I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it) (Soul Eater in, well, Soul Eater)

Diamond: Maxie Whitehead (Alphonse in FMAB ONLY, Sealand in Hetalia)

Black: Vic Mignogna (Everyone should know who this is)

Didn't say it was complete
    Funimation dubbing a Pokemon anime (despite how good the manga is)? Ha ha ha...it will be a cold day in Hell when that will happen. The best we'd get are dubs on the same level as Digimon's (which although good is not strong) and even then it would be a cold day in Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    I don't think Bumping is a great Idea.Mostly when this thread is abandoned for almost 3 months
    Agreed...we'll see where this goes, if not, we make a new thread.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Funimation dubbing a Pokemon anime (despite how good the manga is)? Ha ha ha...it will be a cold day in Hell when that will happen. The best we'd get are dubs on the same level as Digimon's (which although good is not strong) and even then it would be a cold day in Hell.
    True but it'd be cool nonetheless.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

It would be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Thanks for not giving a damn to my awesome voice actor list. Kreis was right, you're not very attentive.

If it happens, the chance of dropping the original Pokemon Anime is 0%. It'd probably be a separate series.

Anyway, I think it would depend on which studio works on it. I'd probably die if DEEN does it, though.
    I'd really like to see how their JP voice actors are like. Although my mental voices for the characters are from fan-medleys.
    Quite a number of them are really accurate to me.
    I'm not a dub-watcher, you can tell.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

hueh I'm not so active anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kirisame Marisa View Post
    If it happens, the chance of dropping the original Pokemon Anime is 0%. It'd probably be a separate series.
    Sorry but... did you even read the first post that stated "What if the current Pokemon Anime never exist with Special in its place?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Thanks for not giving a damn to my awesome voice actor list. Kreis was right, you're not very attentive.
    No, no, I like your list. Heck, when reading comics, usually I fit the best possible voice actor in my mind for that role (example, I hear Crispin Freeman's performance when reading Hellsing, speaking of him, I hear his voice as Tezuka's Black Jack).
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    True but it'd be cool nonetheless.
    Also, I agree with this but knowing how much power the Pokemon Company has...still, dubbing anime is definitely not their thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Sorry but... did you even read the first post that stated "What if the current Pokemon Anime never exist with Special in its place?"
    We got onto the topic of it getting a dub and so we're making speculation lists. Let us be.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast