Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: What IF Pokemon Special (Adventures) was made into an Anime?

I would love to see PokeSpe as the current Anime. I have grown bored with Ash and his always changing companions. A PokeSpe Anime would be amazing because it rids us of the Gary Stu main (Ash) and insert the much more entertaining characters that Pokemon desparately needs. And the villians that suck (Jessie/James/Cassidy/Butch) and insert the more villianous Lance, Koga, Sabrina, Surge, Pryce, and Cyrus. The romance would give some fans of Pokemon something amazing too.
    Eevees are beast-mode. Nuff said.

1. Would the story in the Anime be different than in the Manga? The exact same? Or the same with a few fillers and extra stories?
    Nintendo would make Pikachu a major character. When making the current anime, they realized that Pikachu was easy to market, and told the animators to give it a large part. If the anime was based on Pokemon Special, the same thing would have happened.

3. Who would handle the dub and how would it be handled for US distribution?
    Probably the same people, and it would still get Americanized/censored. Nintendo wasn't sure the franchise would succeed outside of Japan; there hadn't been many successful anime/RPGs. They made the changes to ensure it's success.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    Nintendo would make Pikachu a major character. When making the current anime, they realized that Pikachu was easy to market, and told the animators to give it a large part. If the anime was based on Pokemon Special, the same thing would have happened.
    Well, Red does have a Pikachu. But what of future arcs past Yellow?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Well, Red does have a Pikachu. But what of future arcs past Yellow?
    They'd give Gold and the others all Pikachu faces XD

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post

4. How would the Animation and Character Designs be? Good? Bad? Average?
    The designs would be good. Actually, since this is a "What If" topic, I'd actually say it would be PERFECT!
    Last edited by Blewpah36; 17th October 2012 at 6:55 PM.

Honestly, I would probably stop watching the regular Pokemon anime for it. I love the manga and the characters.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Honestly, I would probably stop watching the regular Pokemon anime for it. I love the manga and the characters.
    ^ seconded.

I want to see the player characters get animated too. I want to see Black and White animated. When Pokemon manga gets all animated, it'll make up all of the Elite Four too, since not all of them appears in the regular series.

i'm in shock e-electric shock!

{ twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

While I would still dread who the voice actors would be, if the animation is like that of the BW2 trailer then I would be excited, no question about that. As long as the animation picture is better then the current anime, otherwise keep it a manga.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

If Special was made into an anime people would really see that the situation is not different from the current one, as Special as many faults, plot holes and stupid plot points and that having something that edgy is comparable as having something that "kind", and would complain.
    The only way a Pokčmon anime would work without anyone complaining is if it was 100% spot on with the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiralhanae View Post
    Well, I actually like Floatzel. It's like "Hey, I'm Floatzel, Gimme a hug ma brudder from anudder mudder!"

Quote Originally Posted by DLO View Post
    If Special was made into an anime people would really see that the situation is not different from the current one, as Special as many faults, plot holes and stupid plot points and that having something that edgy is comparable as having something that "kind", and would complain.
    The only way a Pokčmon anime would work without anyone complaining is if it was 100% spot on with the games.
    I'm afraid NOTHING in the world is complaint-free.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

looks at Smogon

I think the target demographic would hate it.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

They had a manga that followed the games (almost) exactly, Pokemon Zensho. It didn't get good reviews, so I don't think an Anime would turn out well. Still, the concept is interesting.
    Last edited by pacman000; 19th October 2012 at 12:19 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I had a crazy thought! If it's possible for Americans to direct anime, when I go to Japan (I plan to in the near future), I'll propose the idea for a Pokemon Adventures anime and see if I can't direct it myself. I'll go from the beginning of the manga all the way to the current time, without missing anything. As for casting, well shoot me your thoughts. I want just Japanese actors for now, and once everyone has sent an idea for each character, I'll think about who could be good for a dubbed version.

Quote Originally Posted by POKEMONMASTER#1 View Post
    I had a crazy thought! If it's possible for Americans to direct anime, when I go to Japan (I plan to in the near future), I'll propose the idea for a Pokemon Adventures anime and see if I can't direct it myself. I'll go from the beginning of the manga all the way to the current time, without missing anything. As for casting, well shoot me your thoughts. I want just Japanese actors for now, and once everyone has sent an idea for each character, I'll think about who could be good for a dubbed version.
    Good luck with that.

(Never going to happen.)

A lot of people seem to think that if Special was an anime, it would automatically be awesome :P

Anyway, it would probably be different from the manga. Some aspects of it might also be different (either for better or for worse), depending on how much marketing affects it.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Good luck with that.

(Never going to happen.)
    This is the reality lol

I would prefer it launch the full version of full-color manga, and modify some bugs and add some content not originally, also including Pokemon Ranger story volumes (and add Guardian Signs story).

This seems to be more likely to.

While'll have to wait a long time (yea...) and some people's wallets will lose XD
    Last edited by e9310103838; 1st March 2013 at 4:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by POKEMONMASTER#1 View Post
    Unless demand for this becomes really high, I don't think it'll ever happen, mate.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I'd love to see this. The current anime has no heart put into it, it's little more than a shameless 30 minute advertisement.

Never happens. The japaneses are obsessed with that excuse of anime called best wishes.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

If PokeSpe would turn into an anime, then that would be GREAT. I'd sacrifice the anime for it.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Well, Bulbasuar might have been the most popular 1st Gen starter, since Red got a Bulbasaur. Poliwhirl might also be more popular.

It would be awsome. I just continued im reading the emerald arc. And i just keep thinking i would like to see this in an anime or even movies. I think it would be more popular than the normal pokemon anime. I like that its more serious. Theres so many companies that could release it but since viz is releasing the books they would probably be the ones to make the show.

Some people are actually attempting to make PokeSpe into a cartoon. Not that they've made an episode. Anyway, just ordered the first seven! WOOOOOOOOOH! (Oh yeah, here's a link: http://m.youtube.com/#/playlist?list...cLOGO6hMDDm8Yg
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    Some people are actually attempting to make PokeSpe into a cartoon. Not that they've made an episode. Anyway, just ordered the first seven! WOOOOOOOOOH! (Oh yeah, here's a link: http://m.youtube.com/#/playlist?list...cLOGO6hMDDm8Yg
    Their attempts are admirable, but futile.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast