Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cottonee in Love! (691)

This was the best episode of BW!

I couldn't help but be at the edge of my seat watching the thrilling adventures of poor Cottonee! All he wanted was to impress his crush, but that girl rejected him, how mean! But, with some help from Ash, Cilan and the always-useful Iris, Cottonee got strong enough to even thwart Team Rocket's diabolical, deadly plot in order to reach its love!

The greatest episode in years, I already want to see it again! It was exciting and thrilling, with a hint of danger! Funny too!

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Scraggy needs a strong move soon, it losing to Axew is not acceptable, although Axew is older.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

This episode isn't on youtube, at all.

Guess I'll look at the photos.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    The greatest episode in years, I already want to see it again! It was exciting and thrilling, with a hint of danger! Funny too!
    What harm is one filler going to do? As long as we don't get a ton of them in a row, what does it matter? They still have to showcase all the new pokemon in episodes, what other plot would they use for a Cottonee?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    What harm is one filler going to do? As long as we don't get a ton of them in a row, what does it matter? They still have to showcase all the new pokemon in episodes, what other plot would they use for a Cottonee?
    Thanks for being a killjoy :P

I have no problem with fillers if they're good, like next week's seems.... this one was utterly terrible.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    This was the best episode of BW!

I couldn't help but be at the edge of my seat watching the thrilling adventures of poor Cottonee! All he wanted was to impress his crush, but that girl rejected him, how mean! But, with some help from Ash, Cilan and the always-useful Iris, Cottonee got strong enough to even thwart Team Rocket's diabolical, deadly plot in order to reach its love!

Hooray for sarcasm!

Yeah I didn't like this episode at all, TR randomly trying to capture a load of Cottonee is not appealing, nor is a Pokemon love story episode. It was nice to see Scraggy as always though.

My opinion? A black mark on BW's clear record so far. Fillers are ok, bad ones aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

....Why does everyone hate this episode? It seems great Maybe I'm just blinded by Dento's sparklez though...XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Monmen for the 1st time. Monmen was so cute when it was blushing around the Female Monmen that he wanted as his mate. Ouch! she rejected him after attacking him several times and he couldn't dodge, nor accurately attack back because he kept missing his target. Kibago is getting too strong for Zuruggu, with Dragon Rage already mastered, he's a mis-match now for Zuruggu. It was very nice of Ash and the gang help Monmen figure out how to dodge and accurately attack its target. Ash's reaction to the talk about love was hilarious. The view of the Rainbow, river, and Sparkles was beautiful. Iris really loves eating apples in this episode.

Iris' apples were the only worthy thing about the episode.

I like it. It didn't seem like an all out filler but it wasn't a great episode either.

DD This episode was sooooo cute!!!! ^.^ I really liked it (well besides the pointless TRio scenes. I mostly just cut to the chase anyways and watch the parts I like). Besides from Dento's SPARKLEZ and SINGING~~~~ The one thing that stood out to me at the end was:

Dent: Best Wishes on your journey!
    Which was the same thing that Corn told him
    Which is a reference to the show itself = MIND BLOWN. What is this? A FAMILY THING?!?!?
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Oh for the love of...can we shut up about the filler debate already? WHO CARES IF AN EPISODE IS FILLER AS LONG AS YOU ENJOY IT?

-Oh boy, more Axew vs Scraggy...and it gets interrupted by a Cottonee.
    -Ahahaha, Scraggy went apeshit when Cottonee let loose some fluffballs near it.
    -Blah blah it's Cottonee mating season blah blah why is Iris suddenly eating a green apple and damn Dento's voice just dropped an octave.
    -...haha, Ash thinks the Cottonee are pairing up as "friends". Sure they are, Ash. Sure they are.
    -Now Dento's rambling about some Diamond Breeze...and apparently it's some sort of thing where the wind is sparkling and there's a rainbow and FAAAABULOUS.
    -I have to say, I like Cottonee's sheep-like cry. It's cute.
    -IT'S...what on earth did Dento just say?...TIME!
    -Oh, Ash. Iris and Dento are so into helping out this Cottonee with its love woes, while you're just clueless as always.
    -Cottonee A goes to hit on Cottonee B, but Cottonee B...starts kicking Cottonee A's ass! I believe that's what they call "being rejected."
    -Apparently Cottonee beat each other up to see if they're worthy of affection? That's fucked up, man. At any rate...Cottonee A sucks at fighting, so it really is rejected!
    -IRIS. STOP EATING ALL THE TIME. WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ALL THESE APPLES.
    -Dento's voice just dropped an octave again. That's just jarring.
    -Ash decides to use Scraggy to help train Cottonee, presumably because it's the only one of his Pokemon that the weak-ass cottonsheep might stand a chance against.
    -Cottonee learns how to dodge attacks(it seems like it should know how to do that already, but what do I know?), and...Axew suddenly has an idea? This ought to be good.
    -And then we cut to TR. Joy.
    -Back in twerpland, it's Axew vs Cottonee!
    -Cottonee can dodge well, but its Energy Ball...sucks, to put it lightly. But then it trains so that it doesn't suck so hard.
    -And then Dento has Dwebble and Pansage fight Cottonee, because he has to do SOMETHING in this segment.
    -Iris, look, I'll accept the constant eating, but could you PLEASE not talk with your mouth full?
    -Aw, Scraggy wants to stick around outside its Pokeball so it can see Cottonee's problems through to the end. :3
    -Oh hey, Ash has Tranquill with him again.
    -IT'S SEARCH FOR THE WIND TIME! (that wasn't all in english, but Dento did use two of the ten Japanese words I can understand...) And I just love that Dento's furiously tapping through his map while Iris just uses her sixth sense or whatever.
    -Meanwhile, TR's closing in on the Cottonee too. Whatever.
    -Ash and co find the Cottonee...flock? Herd? Group? Bundle? Whatever you'd call it. And Iris has an apple with her AGAIN. You gonna get fat off all that fruit, girl.
    -Iris literally gets fired up over the whole thing and kinda rants a bit. Oh, Iris.
    -It's OH MY GOD DENTO IS SINGING time!
    -And then TR showed up.
    -I may be a bit tired of their return to form(in terms of role in the episode, anyway), but at least their motto still looks pretty as hell. Seriously, look at that thing. It is damned well animated.
    -Despite TR's continuing competency, they still haven't learned to Pikachu-proof their machines.
    -And then there was a COTTONSPLOSION! But TR still insists on blasting off with their jetpacks. This whole thing felt kind of unnecessary, but at least it was quick.
    -Cottonee A once again tries to win over Cottonee B, but...some rivals get in the way! ...and are quickly dispatched.
    -Dear god, everyone is getting seriously overexcited about this. You guys don't even act this happy when good things happen to the people in your own group!
    -Apparently beating up some dudes is all it takes to win the heart of another. VALUABLE LIFE LESSON OF THE DAY.
    -Dento? Never have wobbly eyes like that again. It is freaky.
    -...Ash still thinks this whole thing was just so the Cottonee could be friends. Iris is entirely justified in calling him a kid, for once.
    -And the episode ends with a very pretty scene full of sparkles and rainbows and Cottonee in love.

Overall, this episode wasn't stellar, but it was still enjoyable. Everyone in the group got to contribute, which really made it stand out a bit. Iris constantly munching on apples was a nice little gag. But perhaps more importantly: SINGING DENTO.
    That said, although this episode was nice...was it really necessary to spend so much time training up that random Cottonee we'll never see again? Poor Tranquill's crying in a corner since it hardly gets any screentime, but the writers sure spent a lot of time on this one POTD...
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I'm one to usually to look at the pictures, and I don't understand Japanese at all, so forgive me if this seems random and they addressed this in the episode.
    When TR was doing their motto, did anyone notice the Red, Blue, and Green? Maybe a sign Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, remakes are approaching??

Lol at Iris eating all those apples. I counted 5 for just this episode. On another note I'm so happy cottonee found love. A cute and funny filler.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Hmm what can I really say about this episode...no seriously I got nothing. To me this was a pretty boring episode to the point that I found more interest in Iris pulling out an apple every other scene than the main plot.

Me: Iris do we have to have a talk about your apple addiction?
    Iris: I'm not addicted. *Bites into apple* I can quit *bites again* any time I want! I just don't want to right now.

And I gotta say, the entire involvement of Team Rocket seemed pretty unnecessary considering they really had nothing to do with the problem of the episode and were just kinda disposed of pretty fast with having no baring on anything. I really gotta wonder what the point of them appearing in the episode was aside from killing a few minutes. When you need filler in a filler episode, that's when a writer needs to think about the work they're doing.

But all in all, this episode was just kinda boring to me only serving to bring up that Kibago has officially graduated to being able to battle while Zuruggu remains kinda useless needing training.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Finally got to watch this episode. Just as I thought, I enjoyed it very much. Cilan was awesome in this episode, he needs his own show.

Scraggy got some screen time here, although it was just for the most part helping out Cottonee but I enjoyed Scraggy here, showed it's kinder side.

Iris gets an apple every scene, not sure what that was about but it was funny enough for me. Apples are appearing all the time, someone is going to catch one at some point clearly.

Ash didn't stand out to me much despite being the main reason for Cottonee's training. Regardless he was enjoyable.

Team Rocket are always awesome for me, no difference here.

This episode would be better if you know what's being said but despite that I enjoyed it very much, although the long wait for the episode took away a bit of my excitement for the episode unfortunately.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

This was a nice episode.

Ash being clueless about love is hilarious. Kodome!
    Iris with her apple addiction and her sxith sense. lol
    Cilan with his overenthusiastic ways. He sang. Priceless.
    Hmm Pansage and Dwebble.... I think its time he got a new one.
    TR wasn't too bad here.

Oh man, the writers hate Tranquill.... every time it gets shown its either for a). get beaten on, b). used to search for stuff or c). do nothing.

The only things it has done are helped catch Snivy, help save Scraggy from galvantula, and help guide the Venipede....

Random : PokéRadar

Finally saw the dub of the episode. Its okay, although nothing very useful.

I'm pleased that Cilan pointed out that Iris was as much a child as Ash. Still the hypocrite.

Ash is still clueless about love. i wish the writers would throw away that aspect of Ash's personality. Its dated. But alas, I am also aware that the pokemon are the focus of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -IT'S...what on earth did Dento just say?...TIME!
    Apparently it was the Japanese word for "confession". So, "It's confession time!"

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Oh man, the writers hate Tranquill.... every time it gets shown its either for a). get beaten on, b). used to search for stuff or c). do nothing.
    It's Pidgeotto all over again..
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Anyone else find it funny how even Scraggy seemed to understand the situation better than Ash did?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Anyone else find it funny how even Scraggy seemed to understand the situation better than Ash did?
    Funny? More like sad. Poor Ash, doesn't understand what love is

But yah, I found it rather funny.

Also enjoyed Cilan's annoyance with Iris when she kept eating and talking about love. I guess Cilan thinks it's disrespectful or something, regardless, it's awesome to me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Yeah. Mostly because it meant Ash is officially more love-clueless than a recently born Pokemon. Although I guess it's also nice to see Scraggy caring about something other than headbutting everything.

Also enjoyed Cilan's annoyance with Iris when she kept eating and talking about love. I guess Cilan thinks it's disrespectful or something, regardless, it's awesome to me.
    I enjoyed the couple of jabs he got on Iris during this. "You're one too"(in response to the usual "you're such a kid!" schtick), along with something along the lines of "normal girls wouldn't be able to eat at all if they so much as thought about love." They're not huge burns by any means, but it's still more than you'd expect from Dento. (well, Dento when he's not all fired up in battle, anyway)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Is this "don't eat when talking about love" thing some type of Japanese mannerism that just completely flew over my head or something?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Yeah. Mostly because it meant Ash is officially more love-clueless than a recently born Pokemon. Although I guess it's also nice to see Scraggy caring about something other than headbutting everything.

I enjoyed the couple of jabs he got on Iris during this. "You're one too"(in response to the usual "you're such a kid!" schtick), along with something along the lines of "normal girls wouldn't be able to eat at all if they so much as thought about love." They're not huge burns by any means, but it's still more than you'd expect from Dento. (well, Dento when he's not all fired up in battle, anyway)
    Totally agree, and ha ha, officially more love-clueless than a recently born Pokemon.

Never Give Up

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast