Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scizor or Scyther with Eviolite?

Scizor is much better also cause of Stealth Rock damage

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

Scyther with Evolite might work in Little Cup, brcause it is killed by to many rock moves outside of Little Cup.
    "Love without truth is not real love, truth without love is not real truth"
    [IMG]http://oi51.*******.com/qn1ftl.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit to Wolftamer
        Spoiler:- Quote:

More than half the people in this topic act as if Rapid Spin doesn't exist. Volcarona has x4 Rock weakness, yet people use it. On sun teams, Charizard is used, even with its x4 weakness. Zapdos, Gyarados, Dragonite, Mence, and Chandelure are used, they have weakness to SR, that doesn't stop people from using them. I'm not saying scyther is superior, I'm just pointing out that rapid spin exists, and common pokes with SR weakness exist too.

Credit to Dark Sharpedo for the userbar.

It's because there are other Pokemon who do things better than Scyther, even its full evolved form.

I always liked the idea of using Scyther over Scizor.
    Technician+Bug Bite+Aerial Ace/Acrobatics+_____ sounds good.
    *However*, what you're doing sounds like a bad idea. Too many weaknesses. Scizor gains defenses, Scyther is clearly a sweep.
    Still, I think more people should give Scyther a try.

Your demise...
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/35lyr0h.jpg[/IMG]
    ... Is near

Spoiler:- Clan:

Spoiler:- My Monotypes.Look here if you dare.VM me if you wish to challenge them on PO.:

In OU, go for Scizor. Even with Evolite, Scyther is frail, and evolite takes away the items it needs to deal higher damage. Scizor's, technician boosted, STAB priority in bullet punch means that the loss of speed from Scyther doesn't matter so much.

In lower tiers, Scyther could prove very useful.
    "I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

Scyther with a eviolite might make a decent bulkyish swords dancer in uu, but in standard, always use scizor over scyther

OU Ranked stats, as of April 2011
    3 | Scizor | 112589 | 18.7871
    153 | Scyther | 2990 | 0.4989

Enough said.
    On #SPP and #SPP-wifi as Bidoof

<Hydregion> I have REAL proof from BULBAPEDIA that Arceus made the universe

White FC: 3911 6724 1283

Syther. It's fast, strong, and with evolite it has good defence.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

I'm just gonna ignore all these posts and give a word. Scyther is a big threat in RU, where my RU team can just barely handle it due to Claydol with SR. I can't for the life of me remember what set he used though.

But, yeah, Scyther is huge in RU.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Quote Originally Posted by legendarypokemonmaster View Post
    Scyther with Evolite might work in Little Cup, brcause it is killed by to many rock moves outside of Little Cup.
    too bad scyther is banned in little cup..... anyway as said scyther is awesome in RU, but in OU always use scizor
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-idara View Post
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

And Reuniclus...i see everyone using him, could you tell me any actual advantages over Musharna?

Scyther could make a good subsalac/subleichi. With SR around, and it's typing, I wouldn't suggest trying eviolite. Subberry doesn't care about SR, in fact, it just means you need only one substitute.

I find it annoying how Scyther, 105 speed with the flying type doesn't get acrobatics, but Scizor, 65 speed and the steel type, does.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

scyther will stay in uu. though with the eviolite he gets a defense boost, he loses leftovers or life orb. Scyther will become very predictable, and easy to defeat. Also, he's still x4 weak to stealth rock. No way he can claw his way into ou
    Zip Zop Zoobity Bop!

I will be using Scyther a lot now. I like Scizor but Scyther is better in both design and battling in my opinion.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Yeah yeah, Scyther has its crappy typing and the HUMONGOUS stealth rock weakness... But in my opinion, I'd use Scyther more. In the world OU, there are a bunch of fire types, wrecking my Scizor every day. With Eviolite, Scyther is superior in defenses so which mean, it's quite better in most of the stats. It's bulk may me mediocore with at least solid defenses and horrible hp, but other than speed, defense and attack, both Scyther and Scizor are equals and not counting the Evolution difference. They would rather be totally different Pokémon like Pinsir and Heracross than be an evolution line.
    However, in the world of UU, RU and NU, Rock Types are abundant but my Scyther survived a whooping Rock Slide from an Aggron. Scizor can also survive it's greatest weakness with Iron Defense, Substitude and other defensive support moves its movepool can offer. So, both Pokémon are equals in terms of stats and since Scizor has only one weakness which is a HUGE one while Scyther has over a trillion weaknesses, I'd say I recommend Scizor but I still like Scyther more. Hey! It's my opinion so don't take me too seriously!
    Don't judge a book by its cover! Let the NU shine!!!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Please don't bump old threads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12