View Poll Results: Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami Heat

9 21.43%
  • San Antonio Spurs

9 21.43%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

2 4.76%
  • Houston Rockets

1 2.38%
  • L.A. Clippers

0 0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

7 16.67%
  • Chicago Bulls

4 9.52%
  • Indiana Pacers

6 14.29%
  • Golden State Warriors

2 4.76%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

2 4.76%
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA/NCAAB Thread

Default NBA/NCAAB Thread

I remember there being an original NBA thread, but I can't seem to find it.

With the season starting tonight, I thought it'd be a good idea to start it up again!

What are everyone's predictions for tonight? Mine are:

Magic vs Pacers

Bulls vs. Heat

Clippers vs. Lakers
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

The season has officially begun with the Pacers vs Magic, but thats the game that no one gives a **** about so it doesn't count. The real game starts in 30 minutes.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I'm happy I'll have a place to discuss my Knicks all season.

Also agreed that the game that everyone cares about is starting in like 5 minutes now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    I'm happy I'll have a place to discuss my Knicks all season.

Also agreed that the game that everyone cares about is starting in like 5 minutes now lol.
    ME AND YOU ARE GOING TO GET ALONG SO WELL. Did you hear what Melo said today??

And definately. This has been the most anticipated game since the schedule release.

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    ME AND YOU ARE GOING TO GET ALONG SO WELL. Did you hear what Melo said today??

And definately. This has been the most anticipated game since the schedule release.
    The Charles Barkley stuff? He's a Knicks hater, so none of them should care what he says. I have to admit though, the TNT pregame/postgame shows are hilarious.

On a scale of 1 to cool, how cool is Clyde? I'd say he's the coolest.

The Charles Barkley stuff? He's a Knicks hater, so none of them should care what he says. I have to admit though, the TNT pregame/postgame shows are hilarious.

Oh no! I mean about his free agency! He said today that he plans to recruit FAs to New York, and he said "when the time comes, I got a BIG rolex."

And Clyde? I'd give him a million on the cool scale.

Speaking of old Mr. Frazier, I'm meeting him at an autograph signing near my house next week. Him, JR, and Metta too!! I can't WAIT!!!

D-Rose comeback! I'm from the CHI so go bulls.
    3DS FC: 5300-9437-2684
    Claim a Pokemon- Zekrom owner
    We are Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by 1Zekrom View Post
    D-Rose comeback! I'm from the CHI so go bulls.
    I too am rooting for the Bulls tonight, but just because I picked them in this pool me and my family have. And the fact that I would LOVE to see the Heat be dethroned this year. I like LBJ and all, but I'd like to see another, talented team win. Preferably to Clippers, since the Knicks have too many roadblocks in the way >.<
    Last edited by ysmr97; 30th October 2013 at 3:51 AM.

Sir Charles also a Golden State and a Laker hater as well. But you gotta love what he comes out of his mouth.

Ok quick summary of the Bulls game.

The Bulls played horrible. No doubt about that. In the 1st quarter, Rose was playing good, orchestrating the offense, scoring, but towards the end Miami went on a run to end the quarter. Jimmy Buckets and Deng got 3 fouls each and didn't play the 2nd quarter, and that's where it blew up. Miami went on a run and were leading by 20 at halftime. The third quarter really went back and forth with Miami only having an 18 point lead at the end. Than in the 4th Jimmy Butler went on a role. The Bulls cut the lead down to 8 but couldn't finish. Overall, Boozer played phenomenal. He ended up with 31/7/2. On the other hand #thereturn didn't go as smoothly as Rose would've liked. His rust was shown mainly on defense.

In conclusion, the Bulls could've made the game closer if Butler and Deng didn't get into foul trouble. Their defense was needed and it showed in the 2nd quarter.

On another note, the Lakers are winning by 13 with 4 minutes left! Wow.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

My dad clamored on how "good" the lakers were going to be and bet him 10 bucks they wouldn't make the playoffs higher than the 4 seed. Safe bet at the time but if they keep playing like this I believe they can compete with the NBA's best

Pokemon X Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    My dad clamored on how "good" the lakers were going to be and bet him 10 bucks they wouldn't make the playoffs higher than the 4 seed. Safe bet at the time but if they keep playing like this I believe they can compete with the NBA's best
    By looking at the stats, the Laker's bench are actually doing some work. But of course its only one game and I wanna see if they can compete against elite teams.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    By looking at the stats, the Laker's bench are actually doing some work. But of course its only one game and I wanna see if they can compete against elite teams.
    Yeah, they're okay. I still don't think they're gunna make the playoffs. Too much competition.

Also, which conference do you guys think is better? For me, it's hard to choose. The East is very top heavy, consisting of 5 really good teams at the top, while the other teams are much weaker. But the West is much more solid all around, but not as much talent as the East. It's hard to choose :/ Gun to my head, I'd probably say East, but West does make a good argument.

Well it wasn't pretty, but a win's a win! The Knicks were turning the ball over like crazy tonight though.. that needs to change.

Well it wasn't pretty, but a win's a win! The Knicks were turning the ball over like crazy tonight though.. that needs to change.
    You beat me to it! While the 30 allowed points in Q3 is TERRIBLE, I was impressed by my 'Bockers. Especially Tyson Chicken Nuggets XD He was hands down the MVP of that game.

The 76ers beat the Heat tonight. Evan Turner had a pretty nice dunk on Lebron that caught a lot of attention. Evan Turner has a lot of talent, he hasn't even hit his peak yet. Since I'm a Michigan fan I know a lot about Evan, and his College day's at Ohio State. The dude has potential that hasn't been fully unlocked yet.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 31st October 2013 at 6:39 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Yeah, they're okay. I still don't think they're gunna make the playoffs. Too much competition.

Also, which conference do you guys think is better? For me, it's hard to choose. The East is very top heavy, consisting of 5 really good teams at the top, while the other teams are much weaker. But the West is much more solid all around, but not as much talent as the East. It's hard to choose :/ Gun to my head, I'd probably say East, but West does make a good argument.
    Yes I know the Western Conference is competitive. We'll have to see other games during this season. After all its anything goes for the Western Conference. The Spurs better pull a comeback after the lost last year
    Last edited by KrayzieBuddha; 31st October 2013 at 8:11 AM.

The Spurs are the best team that no one knows about. Every year it seems like they've got 50+ wins and are a top 4 seed in the playoffs. Some people are predicting a Spurs/Heat finals rematch. Sometimes I like to think what would happen if this dynasty they have going was done in New York. Poppovich would be a saint.

The Spurs are the best team that no one knows about. Every year it seems like they've got 50+ wins and are a top 4 seed in the playoffs. Some people are predicting a Spurs/Heat finals rematch. Sometimes I like to think what would happen if this dynasty they have going was done in New York. Poppovich would be a saint.
    That is so true XD So, it looks like the Knicks are taking on the Bulls tonight, w/ Il Mago starting. I think we'll be SPANKED >.<

Bull's win D-Rose is back baby!!
    We are Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by 1Zekrom View Post
    Bull's win D-Rose is back baby!!
    I wouldn't say he is back. He made one lucky shot. Other than that he shot 7-23 and forced 4 turnovers. The main thing that I think did the Knicks in was the mitchmatching at the SG slot. Butler is so much bigger and stronger then Hardaway Jr. It was an unfair matchup. Also, Il Mago's 1st half performance did not help

if kd keeps playing like this then they might actually survive this part of the season

I missed most of the game last night, but I got home for the end. What a rough loss that was, I almost knew it would happen when Tyson missed the first free throw.

I wouldn't say he is back. He made one lucky shot. Other than that he shot 7-23 and forced 4 turnovers. The main thing that I think did the Knicks in was the mitchmatching at the SG slot. Butler is so much bigger and stronger then Hardaway Jr. It was an unfair matchup. Also, Il Mago's 1st half performance did not help
    He might not be where he was in the MVP season but it sure is good to have him back. "Lucky shot" he's done that to many times to call that shot "lucky"
    We are Fearless

I missed most of the game last night, but I got home for the end. What a rough loss that was, I almost knew it would happen when Tyson missed the first free throw.
    I think it was more Melos fault. He should have driven instead of try to make that long shot.

Although, I beleive he did so so Tyson could get the rebound.

Well, at least we can look forward to the next three games, and rejoice at the chance Brooklyn will lose tonight.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast