Thread: STAR TREK BEYOND - The new film from JJ Abrams and Justin Lin

Default STAR TREK BEYOND - The new film from JJ Abrams and Justin Lin

Official Trailer

Star Trek Beyond is an upcoming American science fiction action film and the sequel to Star Trek Into Darkness (2013). It is the thirteenth film in the Star Trek film franchise and the third installment in the reboot series. The film is directed by Justin Lin from a screenplay by Simon Pegg and Doug Jung, plus credits for a bunch of other people who aren't actually involved in the movie anymore.

Midway through its infamous five-year mission, the USS Enterprise is destroyed by a powerful, unstoppable wave of unknown aliens. With the crew stranded on a unknown planet and with no apparent means of rescue, they find themselves in conflict with a new ruthless enemy who has a well-earned hatred of the Federation and what it stands for. Along the way we see all kinds of exciting things we've never seen in Star Trek, including banter between Spock and Dr. McCoy, a character-of-the-day love interest type, the destruction of the ship followed by the marooning of the main crew, and an alien with a different philosophy that will probably get a long winded speech or punch in the face from Captain Kirk. Will Jim, Spock, and the rest of the Enterprise crew get out of this one alive? Of course they will!
    I wrote the RBY, GSC, RSE, and FRLG pages on serebii.net.
    I also do artwork and this is my deviantArt - follow me and I may follow back!

This is boring and uninteresting

One thing I noticed from the resent trailer was at the end where we see Kirk and the others aboard what appears to be an old NX class starship from the Star Trek Enterprise series, possibly the NX-01 Enterprise itself (scenes from the end of the trailer showing both inside and outside the ship). Anyone else notice that?

It looks like it, but apparently it's actually a new ship designed for the film as a predecessor to the NCC-1701. OR, that's at least the rumor I've heard. I think it was going to be called the USS Yorktown?
    I wrote the RBY, GSC, RSE, and FRLG pages on serebii.net.
    I also do artwork and this is my deviantArt - follow me and I may follow back!

This is boring and uninteresting