Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NHL thread (for those about to Puck, we salute you)

Default The NHL thread (for those about to Puck, we salute you)

I'm pretty sure this got deleted, so I decided to start it up again. Let the hawkey begin!

http://www.nhl.com/
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU/NU supporter, "Shop" Owner, Steam Pillager, and Spawn-Camper-Beater-Upper.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

I'll definitely be pulling for the Wings tonight! Michigan pride! I'm stoked for the NHL playoffs this season.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Disappointed that the Blue Jackets couldn't get back into the playoffs this year, though I hope we can carry our momentum from the end of this season into the next. Hopefully it won't be long before our first consecutive playoff berths, let alone the Cup.

This year I'm pulling for either Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, or Vancouver to win the Cup. It's been 22 years since a non-American team won the Cup.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    Though I die, La Resistance lives on

After looking at the matchups, I have to say that Tampa/Detroit interests me the most purely because both teams are so scarily youthful (Tampa because they've "built" for a few years and Detroit because they easily have the best scouts/drafting in the league). That being said, I don't have either team winning with my pick being the islanders in an upset over the ducks.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU/NU supporter, "Shop" Owner, Steam Pillager, and Spawn-Camper-Beater-Upper.

Redwings win! Mrazek played great! The Wings definitely stole that game. Hopefully they play more aggressive on both sides in the next game.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Redwings win! Mrazek played great! The Wings definitely stole that game. Hopefully they play more aggressive on both sides in the next game.
    Agreed. Until we see a game that ends in 7-6 or 8-7, we aren't seeing the true talents of either team.

My Rangers looked real impressive against the Penguins, horrible calls throughout though by the officals
    115.5 TP 46 KO (TL3)
    19 W, 10 L, 2 D

Pens fan here but after the disgusting performance towards the end of the season they don't deserve to win the cup. Hope the Rangers sweep them to knock some sense into them and they come back stronger next season. If that happens I'll probably jump on the bandwagon for some of these underdog teams like Nashville or Minnesota. Interested in how far the Sens make it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    This year I'm pulling for either Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, or Vancouver to win the Cup. It's been 22 years since a non-American team won the Cup.
    As much as I hate the Habs, they probably are the mostly likely to take the cup (of the Canadian teams) and I'd love to see a Canadian team do it.

I kinda agree. Calgary's a weird team that "technically" could make the finals, but could also be swept in any round due to their lack of playoff experience.

Oh, and Brayden Holtby is ill so the caps are starting Phil Grabauer (not like goaltending is important on their team). I'm guessing I'm not the only one who thinks the caps are ridiculously one-dimensional and will probably be swept in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    I kinda agree. Calgary's a weird team that "technically" could make the finals, but could also be swept in any round due to their lack of playoff experience.

Oh, and Brayden Holtby is ill so the caps are starting Phil Grabauer (not like goaltending is important on their team). I'm guessing I'm not the only one who thinks the caps are ridiculously one-dimensional and will probably be swept in the first round?
    Doesn't look like they are being swept, even though watching that game it looked like it throughout.
    115.5 TP 46 KO (TL3)
    19 W, 10 L, 2 D

Minnesota and St. Louis are picking up where they left off 24 years ago. The series is tied at one game apiece now.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    Though I die, La Resistance lives on

Rangers did look good, but they were slowed down a bit by the Penguins after their good first period.

The Tampa Bay game was a blow out so I didn't care too much about that.

NBC switched to the tail-end of the Minny game, but that ended unspectacularly as well.

A solid start.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The draft lottery is over, and EDMONTON! got the first overall pick, proving that there is some karma in this world and top canadian talent shouldn't rot in american cities. In all seriousness, I was really hoping the Kings (despite having the slimmest of odds) would get first overall. With mcdavid almost ensuredly going to edmonton, they're free to let go of a few of their high-priced players with little consequence and can go about what they've been doing for the last decade. Tis a dark day on hockey.

I'm just happy the Rangers are back to winning. Last year's disappointment won't go away without the big metal cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    I'm just happy the Rangers are back to winning. Last year's disappointment won't go away without the big metal cup.
    They got a great chance, and even a better chance if we get Klein back soon.
    115.5 TP 46 KO (TL3)
    19 W, 10 L, 2 D

So the Blackhawks are up 3-1 against the Predators in the 1st playoff series. I expect them to win the series, probably by winning the next game tomorrow. I'm not sure how far they'll go, but it seems like they're off to a great start in the postseason.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

Ducks swept the Jets.... love it. hoping to see the Ducks go all the way and get their second Cup.

Kevin Hayes stepped up huge last night for the Rangers, he'll be one of the top forwards in the league in a few years.
    115.5 TP 46 KO (TL3)
    19 W, 10 L, 2 D

C'mon Mrazek, be the wall again and get RW up 3-1 in this series.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Tampa Bay stole that game in the Joe. Darn it. The series is all tied up 2-2, I had a feeling it would be a close series. Honestly, I can see this series going to 7 games.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Tampa Bay stole that game in the Joe. Darn it. The series is all tied up 2-2, I had a feeling it would be a close series. Honestly, I can see this series going to 7 games.
    Ugh, RW should have had it. Whatever, Wing stole Game 1 on their ice, so it evens out here. Wings should look to take the next one, and then close out at home. A lot of people actually thought TB would win this series in 5 games lol.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

The Rangers won! And most importantly, they won in a short series, which has been plaguing them in recent years. Hopefully the Islanders tie up but lose.

Hats off to the Rangers for good hockey. Pens won one more game than I expected, but they still need to completely rethink their game for next season.

Also, what the hell are the Habs doing?

They're being Habnots.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Ugh, RW should have had it. Whatever, Wing stole Game 1 on their ice, so it evens out here. Wings should look to take the next one, and then close out at home. A lot of people actually thought TB would win this series in 5 games lol.
    Wings won in Tampa! 4-0 yesterday! That's a huge win!

1693 1038 1902

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast