Page 2 of 263 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 6573

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with the exact procedure of these negociations. It seems they could just go to court with a neutral judge/jury, with each side presenting their cases, then have the judge decide who wins. Is that something that might happen?
    I think they have already done that and the judge sided with the players. The owners are having it appealed however.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Deep South
    Posts
    31

    Default

    My Boy Cam Newton going #1!!!!!!! buuuuuuuut its to the Carolina Panthers, the second biggest Black Hole of the NFL :l


    White team:

    SoulSilver team:

    Name: Felix
    White FC: 4685-0145-3641

        Spoiler:- I breed::


        Spoiler:- Looking for::

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I think they have already done that and the judge sided with the players. The owners are having it appealed however.
    Ah, so that's what occurred when the lockout was lifted temporarily? I thought they were just fighting over whether or not there should be a lockout. I guess if the other side is just going to keep appealing then going to court is pointless.

    Why can't they just do what they did last year this year, then have an extra season of time to hammer something new out? I'm sure that would be better then missing the whole season.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    597

    Default

    yeah the lockout i'm a little more focused on draft picks seems that because of the lockout not a lot of people have been chatting about draft picks. my eagles picking a kicker in the FOURTH ROUND cam newton can be effective in nfl i personally doubt it. also steve smith wants out of carolina. yeah i know with the lockout draft picks are pretty much useless
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    yeah the lockout i'm a little more focused on draft picks seems that because of the lockout not a lot of people have been chatting about draft picks. my eagles picking a kicker in the FOURTH ROUND cam newton can be effective in nfl i personally doubt it. also steve smith wants out of carolina. yeah i know with the lockout draft picks are pretty much useless
    If I understand what youre saying, you are arguing that the draft wasnt really important this year due to the lockout. nothing could be further from the truth. because of the lockout, teams cannot expect to fill needs through free agency. the only surefire way to fill holes this year is the draft.

    I have claimed Giratina

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    597

    Default

    yeah kevin kolb still on the eagles because of the lockout now the nba might be locking out at the end of the season
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Yes.
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Yeah Bucs!!! We have such a BEAST d-line!! I just hope Daquan and Gerald McCoy are gonna be healthy.

    Oh, and the Lions are going to the playoffs. Just sayin :P (that is, of course, assuming that there IS a season)




  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Hernandez View Post
    My Boy Cam Newton going #1!!!!!!! buuuuuuuut its to the Carolina Panthers, the second biggest Black Hole of the NFL :l
    roll tide
    10 char

    I have claimed Giratina

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    yeah kevin kolb still on the eagles because of the lockout now the nba might be locking out at the end of the season
    I've never cared for kolb. I kind thought he was overrated. Could be because he kind of ran mcnabb out of town, and I always liked him.

    The eagles and redskins seem to have their qb situation pretty screwed up. The eagles kicked out mcnabb for kolb, then decided to go with vick. The redskins picked up mcnabb, signed him to a 5 year deal then benched him. I'd be worried if I was a big fan of those 2 teams.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    597

    Default

    hey the eagles won the nfc east last year the redskins were what 4-12 they got destroyed multiple times. the eagles have a great organization and will be okay the redskins on the other hand need a a lot from qb to nt
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    hey the eagles won the nfc east last year the redskins were what 4-12 they got destroyed multiple times. the eagles have a great organization and will be okay the redskins on the other hand need a a lot from qb to nt
    I'm not saying the eagles sucked. It's just that they seemingly sold out for kolb, then ended up going for vick right after. To have the higher ups lose their conviction so fast would make me worried.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    The Packers are going to the Super Bowl again!!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydroSwampert View Post
    The Packers are going to the Super Bowl again!!
    its may(10 characters)
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    its may(10 characters)
    Ya! So far they have been to the Super Bowl in pairs. I think it will happen again!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    I'm predicting the Lions because it's May and I can do that!

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    I'm predicting that the chiefs will suck this year, since they showed improvement last year they have to have a bad year this season. Back to the norm in KC. We'll probably get swept in the division and finish ike 4-12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I'm predicting the Lions because it's May and I can do that!
    I'm not looking for the lions to do that good this year, but I am expecting some good improvement. Maybe the year after next they might have legit shot.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    597

    Default

    eagles i can't wait to see howard mudds impact on the o-line and castillo on the defense. damn lockout
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    597

    Default

    they met still no agreement. players are now holdin their own team workouts. no football no basketball come on pokemon grey!
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    eagles i can't wait to see howard mudds impact on the o-line and castillo on the defense. damn lockout
    Howard mudd? I thought he was the offensive coordinator from indianapolis that retired.

    Plus, go colts.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I'm not looking for the lions to do that good this year, but I am expecting some good improvement. Maybe the year after next they might have legit shot.
    I don't know a single player on the Lions. I'm just predicting their win because it doesn't matter at the moment.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    597

    Default

    he came out of retirement to coach the eagles. since we're making predictions VICK FOR MVP
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I don't know a single player on the Lions. I'm just predicting their win because it doesn't matter at the moment.
    Well, I know they have suh, and got another good college defenseman in the draft, I'm thinking it was fairly from auburn. I don't remember exaclty, but I'm thinking the draft experts said they though the lions' draft this year was one of the best.

    Not that I like the lions. I jus like to see francises that have been near the bottom recently start improving.
    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    he came out of retirement to coach the eagles. since we're making predictions VICK FOR MVP
    Wait, he came out of retirement? I thought he just retired last year. That sound more like switching jobs to me.

    And I wouldn't be surprised to see vick win the mvp. I'm actually surprised he didn't get any votes last year, although I don't know that he should have won it.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

    Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

    Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

    Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Well, I know they have suh, and got another good college defenseman in the draft, I'm thinking it was fairly from auburn. I don't remember exaclty, but I'm thinking the draft experts said they though the lions' draft this year was one of the best.
    Oh wow I forgot about Suh. He still hasn't been drilled into my head enough I guess.

    I didn't know that Vick received no votes for MVP. Then again didn't this year's winner get all votes?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    597

    Default

    the giants drafted a pretty good corner and got one up on the eagles because we also wanted him.maybe because of strahan but that g-men defense hasn't been the same since he retired we all saw what my eagles did to them that epic comeback. that being said the eagles defense is even worse still don't think we can be a super bowl team with our defense.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Well, I see some people have made some predictions, so here are mine!
    MVP: Aaron Rodgers
    Super Bowl Winners: Packers
    Ya, I admit that I like the Packers alot! That might cloud my vision a little!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Page 2 of 263 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •