Page 79 of 264 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 6578

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Because Alabama's a better team. Apparently.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I understand that Alabama is probably a much better team than Stanford, but the only reason they got the number 2 ranking was because their loss came from an SEC team which I think is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Big ten and PAC-12 made a deal guaranteeing interconferemce games each season beyond just the Rose bowl. I think it's a great move to counter the SEC's perceived strength of schedule, they need to be smart about this and pair traditional powers against each other not a cycle, Wisconsin vs USC, Oregon vs Ohio State having a team like Michigan play Washington state will do no good.

I don't hate the SEC it's just annoying to see them in the national championship game year in and year out. Stanford's 1 loss this year was to Oregon, tell me why they shouldn't have been in the game against LSU?
    Colorado and Michigan have history with each other for example. Remember that Hail Mary from the 1994 game? I was little at the time and I probably didn't watch it live. But I have seen it on YouTube. A must-watch for any OSU fan.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    You mean the Chiefs? Or maybe the Raiders? I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with the Bears now.
    Woops, I did it again, I was thinking of Jay Cutler instead of Kyle Orton, for some reason I thought he was a Bear for a split second.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I understand that Alabama is probably a much better team than Stanford, but the only reason they got the number 2 ranking was because their loss came from an SEC team which I think is unfair.
    Well, the SEC team they lost to was LSU, which is ranked #1, and Stanford lost to a lower ranked team. If you admit that Alabama is better than Stanford, then what's the problem? The game is supposed to feature the two best teams in the nation, and Alabama's better than Stanford. Who cares if the two teams are in the same conference?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Well, the SEC team they lost to was LSU, which is ranked #1, and Stanford lost to a lower ranked team. If you admit that Alabama is better than Stanford, then what's the problem? The game is supposed to feature the two best teams in the nation, and Alabama's better than Stanford. Who cares if the two teams are in the same conference?
    What he said. I think Stanford against LSU would have been a joke. Luck is not ready to face the semi-NFL defense LSU has. Bama's Qb isn't either, but they have the other facets of the game needed to beat LSU.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Has anyone ever tailgated at an NFL or NCAA football game? Tailgating is one of the best parts of football.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    What he said. I think Stanford against LSU would have been a joke. Luck is not ready to face the semi-NFL defense LSU has. Bama's Qb isn't either, but they have the other facets of the game needed to beat LSU.
    The people calling LSU an 'NFL level defense' are crazy. They could very well be a top 5 NCAA defense of all time but even a team like the Rams would steamroll them.

I don't think Luck would have been overwhelmed by LSU's defense. But even if you don't buy that you have to admit that it's a little unfair that the SEC always wins the tiebreaker based on strength of schedule.

The people calling LSU an 'NFL level defense' are crazy. They could very well be a top 5 NCAA defense of all time but even a team like the Rams would steamroll them.

I don't think Luck would have been overwhelmed by LSU's defense. But even if you don't buy that you have to admit that it's a little unfair that the SEC always wins the tiebreaker based on strength of schedule.
    Alabama loses to a team in OT with no losses and wins over #3, #25, #16, #17, #20, #2, #3, and #14. They have wins against #23, #14, #12, and #24 (two of those teams, Arkansas and Penn St., also managed to increase their ranking in later weeks; Arkansas had a shot into the national championship if they'd beat LSU).

Stanford loses to a team with two losses, a win over a #18, and a win against Stanford. They have wins against #25 and #22.

I have claimed Giratina

Not surprised that Ndamukong Suh didn't make it to the Pro Bowl. Kinda saw that coming.

Ummmmm....why is that unfair? You have two teams with 1 loss. 1 has a tougher schedule than the other. Its pretty logical to me that the team that played the tougher schedule would get in.

Did anyone watch that Air Force-Toledo game today? That was pretty good.

A question though: what's your opinion on going for 2 instead of 1 to try to win the game instead of tie it? I don't really care for it, especially in college. I'd rather try to stop the other team and score for the win in overtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Has anyone ever tailgated at an NFL or NCAA football game? Tailgating is one of the best parts of football.
    I've never gone to a game (can't afford it), but I think tailgating could be ok. But not like some of those guys do it, going hours beforehand. I'd only want to show up, prepare food and eat, then go in near the start of the game.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Despite being a NYJ fan, if we manage to beat the Dolphins, and the Bengals, Raiders, and Titans all lose, and make the play offs by the skin of our nose, we're not gonna make it past the first round, and that is based solely on our terrible games against Philadelphia and NYG.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Champs Sports Bowl tonight. Go Irish! Beat QB controversy (again)!

EDIT: Emphasis on QB controversy...
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 30th December 2011 at 3:01 AM.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Did anyone watch that Air Force-Toledo game today? That was pretty good.

A question though: what's your opinion on going for 2 instead of 1 to try to win the game instead of tie it? I don't really care for it, especially in college. I'd rather try to stop the other team and score for the win in overtime.
    I like the call.

This is the main reason I like seeing teams go for 2. Syracuse is my favorite team, and even if I wasn't born yet this is awesome to watch.

Skip to 4:07. The crowd is chanting 2. SU goes for it, and you can watch what happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m9Y_oZVlxE

Really hoping Cincinnati can pull off a win against Baltimore. We need that bye.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Yea, cincy FTW. Even if they don't win, they still have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Anyone catch the Alamo Bowl (Baylor 67 - Washington 56)? Highest scoring bowl ever.

Also looks like the Pack are going to rest a lot of starters.

I have claimed Giratina

The saints are unreal.

I'm more impressed with them than the packers

Damn. Saints are breaking records today like it going out of style. We got:

Single Season Passing Yards
    Most Completions By a QB in a Season
    Most 300 Yard Passing Games in a Season and All Time
    Single Season All Purpose Yards
    Most Points Scored at Home in a Season
    Most First Downs in a Season
    Single Season Team Yards
    Most Yards by a Tight End
    Last edited by deathseer; 1st January 2012 at 10:25 PM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I hate Miami even more now, both the Dolphins and the Marlins. The Jets better shape up during the off season!
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    I hate Miami even more now, both the Dolphins and the Marlins. The Jets better shape up during the off season!
    I honestly cannot stand Rex Ryan.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Proud of the Eagles today they didn't make the playoffs but they played well and that's all that matters to me. Hopefully they do better next year and become an actual "Dream Team"

First Schaub, then Leinart, now Yates? The injury god hates us.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Well Resting Rodgers lost him the MVP to Brees, who leads him in ever category except for the fact that he has more turnovers.

And of course Matt Flynn's huge performance is going to lead to people calling Rodgers a "system QB" and such. Oh well he can turn anything into motivation, and maybe a Super Bowl MVP will quench his thirst.

Page 79 of 264 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast