Page 90 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 6381

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Well if that don't beat all. The great Aaron Rodgers loses.

Then again, I did pick the Giants to win that one.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

The Packers actually looked like they gave Eli Manning all th time in the world to make a pass early on in the game though. Then again the Giants are technically are these "Dragon Slayers" that won the Super Bowl back in 2007. I do have to say that Championship weekend does have these great games with the Ravens playing the Patriots and the Giants playing the 49'ers. Probably might watch the Ravens vs Patriots since the Patriots are my team in the AFC now after the Colts disappointing season this year.

But hey , It does though seem there are going to be really good macthups in Indy for whoever goes to play. Those situations are as the follow.

49'ers vs Patriots - previously mentioned about Brady playing his childhood team.
    Giants vs Patriots - rematch of Super Bowl XLII
    49'ers vs Ravens - MOTHER 3 type of scenario with brother fighting brother. The coaches are those brothers by the way
    Giants vs Ravens - rematch of Super Bowl XXXV
    Last edited by DaAuraWolf; 16th January 2012 at 3:31 PM. Reason: forgot about the Giants vs Ravens rematch scenario

Smashin' !

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    The Packers actually looked like they gave Eli Manning all th time in the world to make a pass early on in the game though. Then again the Giants are technically are these "Dragon Slayers" that won the Super Bowl back in 2007. I do have to say that Championship weekend does have these great games with the Ravens playing the Patriots and the Giants playing the 49'ers. Probably might watch the Ravens vs Patriots since the Patriots are my team in the AFC now after the Colts disappointing season this year.

But hey , It does though seem there are going to be really good macthups in Indy for whoever goes to play. Those situations are as the follow.

49'ers vs Patriots - previously mentioned about Brady playing his childhood team.
    Giants vs Patriots - rematch of Super Bowl XLII
    49'ers vs Ravens - MOTHER 3 type of scenario with brother fighting brother. The coaches are those brothers by the way
    You forgot Giants VS. Ravens - rematch of Super Bowl XXXV
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Well, as one of the biggest Giants fans out there, I just want to say...

This is happening. The Giants are legit, and they ain't gonna quit.

I want Jacoby Jones to get out. He lost the game for the Texans.

I guess the Texans had a pretty good season considering all the injuries they had.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    I want Jacoby Jones to get out. He lost the game for the Texans.

I guess the Texans had a pretty good season considering all the injuries they had.
    At least the Texans have a shot of playing the Lions on Thanksgiving next season.

Also, if the Colts are going to pick Andrew Luck, there's no sense in keeping Peyton Manning. So maybe they should trade him to the Browns - set up a Manning Bowl between the Browns and Giants next season.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 16th January 2012 at 4:53 AM.
    -----

Word is that Greg Williams is heading to the Rams. All I can say is

Good riddance.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    This may very well be Mike McCarthy's last game as coach of Green Bay. The embarrassment of being a 15-1 team losing to a 9-7 team, as well as being the first 15-1 team not even make it to the conference championship will be too much to overlook.

My top candidate for the Packers job is Brett Favre.
    You think the Packer's coach will lose his job? Even though he won the Super Bowl last year and had a great season? I don't want to disrespect you, but that is a load of bull ****. It would be extemely stupid to fire him on the basis of one game. And you think FAVRE, of all people, would be a coach for Green Bay? Even though everyone there hates him?

Very entertaining playoff games this week. I'm surprised that Denver got blown out the way they did, and I expected the Packers to play better than they did. I got the '49ers beating the Saints and the Ravens beating the Texans though. So now I think San Francisco will beat New England in the Super Bowl. If they managed to hold the Saints, I can't see the Patriots/Giants beating them either.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

You forgot Giants VS. Ravens - rematch of Super Bowl XXXV
    I totally forgot about that one since I was 4 at the time of that Super Bowl. But hey , My memory on how played the Super Bowl is somewhere like around Super Bowl XXXVII when the Bucs defeated the Raiders for the title. Though might just add that into the scenario since I got reminded about that.

But anywho , I think they at least should have picked someone that people in this generation would now to be the halftime performer at the Super Bowl. Though I do find it better with these artist like "The Who" and "The Rolling Stones" since that is my type of music. Then again they are doing this to try to prevent stuff like the wardrobe malfunction that happened to Janet Jackson at Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Smashin' !

The Packrats blew it, they should have beat the Giants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    Just like the Patriots should have beaten the Giants in 2007.

The last 5 teams to finish with 15 or more wins have not won the superbowl, surprising but true. In the end we realized the Aaron Rodgers wasn't capable of doing absolutely everything, and that even he has his bad days. Combine that with receiver drops, and a bad defense it should have been expected.

Next year though, we'll win it all.

Speaking of winning it all, if Tom Brady gets his 4th ring. Is he the greatest ever? No QB besides Joe Cool him self has the combination of great stats, and rings, I think another ring from Brady would put him over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    It's funny because the Packers beat both of them.
    Haha your right.

And then the Giants beat them.
    After the Saints lost they are my new super bowl pick.
    Tim Tebow lost badly to the Patriots D and Tom Brady.
    As much as i hate Brady he is gonna be a hall of famer.

Anyone recall me saying how the giants were going to win? :P

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Green Bay losing before the division finals just seems so weird. They should have won, but I don't really have a problem with the Giants.

Patriots-Niners please.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    I didn't think so. I wasn't surprised at all the Giants one in the matter they did, considering how they had been playing lately.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Anyone remember the days of Joe Montana and Steve Young? The 49ers were good for many years in the 1980s and 1990s. Alex Smith could be the key the 49ers have to be consistent contenders once again. They might win the Super Bowl within a couple years too. But now I'm picking the Patriots over the 49ers.
    -----

Anyone remember the days of Joe Montana and Steve Young? The 49ers were good for many years in the 1980s and 1990s. Alex Smith could be the key the 49ers have to be consistent contenders once again. They might win the Super Bowl within a couple years too. But now I'm picking the Patriots over the 49ers.
    If thats the matchup I am taking the 49ers because of their defense

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Colts just fired Caldwell. I expect Jim Tressel to be the new head coach of the Colts.
    -----

Shocked to hear that the Colts fired their coach. Though it kinda makes sense for them to do so just for them to start a new with Andrew Luck and a new coach since of their sloppy performance this year. Then again I remember that my dad said something that the Colts where only playing that sloppy just to draft Andrew Luck anyways. But hey , I wonder how they would sign as their new head coach. Probably won't be shocked for Peyton Manning to retire and become the Colts new coach or an QB coach to help out Andrew Luck learn the Colts offense.

Smashin' !

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    If thats the matchup I am taking the 49ers because of their defense
    If the Patriots overcome the Baltimore defense, I doubt the 49ers could stop them. The Ravens are ranked fourth in pass defense and third in overall defense while the 49ers are ranked sixteenth in pass defense and fourth in overall defense.

If the Ravens can't beat the Patriots offense, I don't think anyone can.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Shocked to hear that the Colts fired their coach. Though it kinda makes sense for them to do so just for them to start a new with Andrew Luck and a new coach since of their sloppy performance this year. Then again I remember that my dad said something that the Colts where only playing that sloppy just to draft Andrew Luck anyways. But hey , I wonder how they would sign as their new head coach. Probably won't be shocked for Peyton Manning to retire and become the Colts new coach or an QB coach to help out Andrew Luck learn the Colts offense.
    I think Peyton Manning should come to Cleveland. The Browns could use a big-name QB like Manning.
    -----

That happens to every team. They have glory years and later on they suck. Watch it happen to the Steelers in about 9 or 10 years.

My super bowl pick is Giants vs. Ravens: Giants win 13-20

I think Peyton Manning should come to Cleveland. The Browns could use a big-name QB like Manning.
    I really think Peyton should stay in the Colts, but if he does move, he better move to a team in the AFC or else my dream super bowl will never happen, which is the Manning bowl (Eli vs. Peyton)

Then where would my boy Colt McCoy go!

I'm glad the Packers lost. The Patriots must be the only dynasty of this new millennium!

Giants are lookin' beastly. We gonna see Giants vs Patriots: Round 2
    "Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!"

^^ well if you count 2 SB wins as a dynasty, then the steelers qualify right?

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    If the Patriots overcome the Baltimore defense, I doubt the 49ers could stop them. The Ravens are ranked fourth in pass defense and third in overall defense while the 49ers are ranked sixteenth in pass defense and fourth in overall defense.

If the Ravens can't beat the Patriots offense, I don't think anyone can.
    Well, the 49ers beat the saints. They also put up a large number of points against a team with a better defense than the pats. People always think of the 49ers as a team with no offense, but they have a pretty good offense actually.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Page 90 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast