Page 91 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 6572

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Well, the 49ers beat the saints
    That doesn't necessarily mean they will beat the Patriots, but the Saints offense was pretty good, proving the 49ers have good defense.

People always think of the 49ers as a team with no offense, but they have a pretty good offense actually.
    26th ranked offense in the NFL.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean they will beat the Patriots, but the Saints offense was pretty good, proving the 49ers have good defense.

26th ranked offense in the NFL.
    Yes, but the game that they last played, they looked extremely good.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Like I said before, teams have off and on days.

If the Ravens can't beat the Patriots offense, I don't think anyone can.
    You think incorrectly then.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    You think incorrectly then.
    How so? Who else in the playoffs have a better chance of beating them than the Ravens?

Edit: just realized we're over 100 pages in this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Colts just fired Caldwell. I expect Jim Tressel to be the new head coach of the Colts.
    God I hope not. I'm no Ohio State fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    I think Peyton Manning should come to Cleveland. The Browns could use a big-name QB like Manning.
    I don't know were he should go. I'd like him to stay with the Colts. If that doesn't happen, I'd love to have him here in KC, although I'm pretty sure all the talk I've heard about that is just wishful thinking by radio dudes.
    That doesn't really mean anything. Like, for their only regular season loss, the Packers scored 14. You wouldn't expect them to score about 14 during the next game, would you?.

On a related note, I think the Patriots are being, well, it's strange to say, but overrated for this coming week because of their excellent performance against the Broncos. I'm not saying they won't score, I just don't think they won't look like the death machine they appeared to be last week.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Edit: just realized we're over 100 pages in this thing.
    God I hope not. I'm no Ohio State fan.
    I don't know were he should go. I'd like him to stay with the Colts. If that doesn't happen, I'd love to have him here in KC, although I'm pretty sure all the talk I've heard about that is just wishful thinking by radio dudes.
    That doesn't really mean anything. Like, for their only regular season loss, the Packers scored 14. You wouldn't expect them to score about 14 during the next game, would you?.

On a related note, I think the Patriots are being, well, it's strange to say, but overrated for this coming week because of their excellent performance against the Broncos. I'm not saying they won't score, I just don't think they won't look like the death machine they appeared to be last week.
    I agree. That Broncos defense has been awful lately, and they were missing Dawkins. Plus the ravens coaches won't play over the top conservative like Fox did.

as for another team that can beat the Pats, both the 49ers and Giants have the defense to do it.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

How so? Who else in the playoffs have a better chance of beating them than the Ravens?
    The Giants. Manning is playing at a high level and their defense has come back from the dead in these playoffs shutting down both Atlanta and Green Bay.

I might even argue the 49ers as well.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 19th January 2012 at 9:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    The Giants. Manning is playing at a high level and their defense has come back from the dead in these playoffs shutting down both Atlanta and Green Bay.
    I forgot about the Giants because so many people are predicting a Patriots vs 49ers Super Bowl. But yes, the New York defense is playing well, and Manning vs a bad Patriots defense also helps.

I might even argue the 49ers as well.
    I don't agree with that. Like I said before, the Ravens have a better defense, and neither the 49ers nor the Ravens have a very good offense, so I would think the Ravens have a higher chance of beating the Patriots than the 49ers.

I don't agree with that. Like I said before, the Ravens have a better defense, and neither the 49ers nor the Ravens have a very good offense, so I would think the Ravens have a higher chance of beating the Patriots than the 49ers.
    While one can argue which defense is better, both have great defenses and can stop Brady which is all they will have to do to win the game.

In other news, people are overreacting to Owens playing in the IFL. I guess the people that have disliked him for years are finally taking their chance to make fun of him. He's still a first-to-second ballot hall of fame member.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    as for another team that can beat the Pats, both the 49ers and Giants have the defense to do it.
    I'm probably over simplifying things, but all the teams, other then the Patriots, seem pretty similar to me. I think anything can happen in the remaining games. Well, the Chiefs obviously aren't going to win, so not anything...
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

My super bowl pick is the Ravens vs. the Giants.
    Giants win 24-21
    I hope The Broncos keep Tim Tebow. Maybe they can get another defensive weapon and get a good back.

New England has the ball now with about 2:46 left to be played. I guess that the Ravens might have lost it already since that they just let New England have the ball after a turnover on downs. Though anything can happen from now to the end of the game. That being since that 49'ers vs Saints game last week went down to 0:09 left in the game. But hey , New England will have a tough time though if they play the 49'ers in the Super Bowl. I mean that since just look at how strong the 49'ers' defense is and you know that defense wins championship.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Patriots win. Good defense on both sides, but the Ravens had a couple mistakes at the end, most important one being the missed field goal.

Well, that was something.... Bill Bellicheck is just in disbelief
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Looks like Brady is heading to the Big Dance.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Anyone else think that last drop was a catch, possession and fumble? Should have at least warranted a review imo.

Like Xavier Beitia before him, Cundiff went wide left.

Now the 49ers are going to win their game.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Yay, the patriots won the one time i root for them. Now we just need a Patriots vs. Giants superbowl.......i was rooting for Pats vs. Giants or Harbaughs, but yea, go giants for the revenge bowl!
    Edit:however, it would be interesting to see brady vs. hometown team, but i'd rather the rematch

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

THAT'S why I would hate to be a field goal kicker. It's too bad, I thought a Ravens-'49ers matchup would be interesting.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    Yay, the patriots won the one time i root for them. Now we just need a Patriots vs. Giants superbowl.......i was rooting for Pats vs. Giants or Harbaughs, but yea, go giants for the revenge bowl!
    Edit:however, it would be interesting to see brady vs. hometown team, but i'd rather the rematch
    I got the Giants beating the Pats. Judging from what I have seen of the pats and the giants this postseason, I think the Giants could roll them.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    THAT'S why I would hate to be a field goal kicker. It's too bad, I thought a Ravens-'49ers matchup would be interesting.
    Yea, poor kickers dont get attention for what they do right, they only get attention for when they screw up. Can't be a fun job

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

How many think that kicked just lost his job :P

The Ravens kicker doesn't deserve all the blame, the receiver who had the ball stripped from his hands that easily deserves some too, but probably no one will.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    The Ravens kicker doesn't deserve all the blame, the receiver who had the ball stripped from his hands that easily deserves some too, but probably no one will.
    Kicker should still make something that short.

But I still think that that drop should have been reviewed. IMO that was a TD.

Page 91 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast