Page 93 of 264 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 6586

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post

Yeah sorry for only getting to the championship game in his first year with a team that hasn't had a winning season since 2002.
    I agree what a scrub

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Yeah, I'm not interested in this Super Bowl at all. I can't in good conscience root for either of them. I'm already in post-football season hibernation mode. Pats I guess might be the lesser of two evils....maybe.

Call it karma for an all-SEC BCS NCG I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Jim Harbaugh will be the next coach to be fired. I guarantee it.
    By your logic all 31 coaches who fail to win the SB should be fired. This isn't the first time I've seen you make outlandish coaching change suggestions. I saw you recommend the Packers fire Mike McCarthy and replace him with Brett Favre o_O
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 23rd January 2012 at 7:03 AM.

I have claimed Giratina

Uhh... terrible day for me- I was rooting for the Ravens and 49ers. I'll be rooting for the Giants now, because I sure don't want to see the patriots win. Of course they will though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Anyone else think that last drop was a catch, possession and fumble? Should have at least warranted a review imo.
    I was kind of thinking that myself. Looked like he had it for a couple steps, which would be enough for a possession and a TD I think.
    Speaking of which, Joe Paterno died today. It's a shame his life had to endure what happened with Jerry Sandusky and all (Sandusky needs to go to jail...he knows he did wrong).
    Yeah, I wish it wouldn't have ended with all this controversy.

They just told an interesting story about him on TV. Someone asked him once why he didn't want to retire, and he said it had to do with Bear Bryant and how he had died so quickly after leaving coaching.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Looks like it is Giants and Patriots in the Super Bowl. I still think the Patriots will win, but it will be close. If Brady plays well, I don't think even the Giants defense could stop him. Also, the Patriots need to stop Manning. If the Patriots defense played like they did yesterday, there is no doubt that they will win.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    Looks like it is Giants and Patriots in the Super Bowl. I still think the Patriots will win, but it will be close. If Brady plays well, I don't think even the Giants defense could stop him. Also, the Patriots need to stop Manning. If the Patriots defense played like they did yesterday, there is no doubt that they will win.
    They stopped Rodgers and the best offense cold. The Pats offense is not unstoppable.

It's very clear that they Ravens lost this game; the Patriots didn't win it. A true shame.

I've been taken away from my Har-Bowl. The only good thing about the Giants going to the Super Bowl are the parties that will pop up to celebrate it. Needless to say, I will not watch the Super Bowl simply because I will be partying.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Well, the Pro Bowl is next week. In my opinion, it should be played after the Super Bowl. That way, players in that game can also play in the Pro Bowl.

I think the week before the Super Bowl should have a consolation game for the Conference Championship losers.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    The Pats offense is not unstoppable.
    I know, that is why I said it would probably be a close game. The second part of what I said was just talking about how the Patriots would win if Brady played at his usual level and the defense played like they did yesterday. The Giants defense can hinder Brady, but if both of the defenses are playing well then I think the Patriots would have the advantage.
    Last edited by Moneyy; 23rd January 2012 at 8:46 PM.

Well, the Pro Bowl is next week. In my opinion, it should be played after the Super Bowl. That way, players in that game can also play in the Pro Bowl.
    No one wants to play in the Pro Bowl. It shouldn't exist because it's so bad.

the defense played like they did yesterday.
    The Patriots would lose if their defense played the way they did yesterday. Really now, the Ravens lost the game because of missed opportunities and bad fundamentals (in that one instance).

I hate people at my middle school that are saying Tom Brady is gonna kill the Giants.
    They dont know that in 07 the pats were 18-0 until the Giants beat them at the super bowl.
    I am the only football fan that would know that at my school.

Thats the Ravens team that swept us? I EXPECTED MORE FROM YOU GUYS soniamdissapoint.jpg

Imma root for the Giants! GO ELI!
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

Jim Harbaugh will be the next coach to be fired. I guarantee it.

Really? Are you ****ing kidding me? This is an even worse claim than saying the Packer's coach would be replaced by Brett Favre. You think it was Harbaugh's fault that guy fumbled in the punt return? It's like you totally forgot the '49ers were a piece of **** before he took over. Again, I apologize if I hurt your feelings, but you need to stop saying that coaches who guide their teams to the playoffs are getting fired. Will you also say that the Giants/Patriots head coach will get fired because their team lost the Superbowl? Because I wouldn't be surprised if you did.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post

Really? Are you ****ing kidding me?This is an even worse claim than saying the Packer's coach would be replaced by Brett Favre. You think it was Harbaugh's fault that guy fumbled in the punt return? It's like you totally forgot the '49ers were a piece of **** before he took over. Again, I apologize if I hurt your feelings, but you need to stop saying that coaches who guide their teams to the playoffs are getting fired. Will you also say that the Giants/Patriots head coach will get fired because their team lost the Superbowl? Because I wouldn't be surprised if you did.
    Completly agree.
    WTF was that guy Thinking?

Did anyone notice that this is the 4th time in five seasons that the Giants and Patriots met in a non-exhibition game? It seems like every time they are scheduled to meet in the regular season, they meet in the Super Bowl as well.

Now, get this, I may be a Yankees fan, but I am pulling for the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. Wikipedia says the game will play out the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry in baseball, which is why I mentioned the Yankees in the first place.

Here is the quote from the Wikipedia page:
    Because the teams draw their fanbases from New York City and Boston, which are approximately three and a half hours apart by car, the Super Bowl is expected to echo the fierce rivalry between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox in Major League Baseball.
    And the source attached to it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...103259_pf.html
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    The Patriots would lose if their defense played the way they did yesterday.
    Possibly, though their defense did play better than usual. It may or may not be enough to stop Manning and his receivers, though.

Really now, the Ravens lost the game because of missed opportunities and bad fundamentals (in that one instance).
    The 49ers had missed oppurtunites and mistakes too. The Giants would have lost if the 49ers didn't lose the punt return twice.

Well, I'd say today was sure an 'interesting' one at school, especially during lunch. There was one moment where two guys were walking towards each other, each coincidentally wearing 49ers and Giants jackets respectively. Guy in the Giants jacket held out his hand and excitedly said "Good game", dude in the Niners jacket gave a slight nod, nothing else and made his way back to his table. I can understand the guys frustration considering the last time they made it the SB was almost 16 years ago, but damn....

The 49ers had missed oppurtunites and mistakes too. The Giants would have lost if the 49ers didn't lose the punt return twice.
    Yep, as much as I would love to point out all the mistakes and slip-ups the Giants made during the game, you just can't ignore the ones the 49ers made as well. *cues Davis' excessive celebration that costed the team 15 yards...
    Pokemon White Version:
    Pokemon Black Version:

I think the week before the Super Bowl should have a consolation game for the Conference Championship losers.
    They did have the Pro Bowl after the Super Bowl, but no one cared about it. Ratings have actually gone up now that it's before the SB. After the Super Bowl America goes into a figurative comma and stop caring about football. Also, back when they did the PB post-SB SB players didn't always play in the PB. For proff, none of the 2007 Pats played in the PB despite having 7 starters (Osi Umenyiora was the only player from either team to play in both games). If you watch closely, the players really don't care that much: tackling and blocking is pretty poor and for FGs and extra points they pretty much just stand there.

TL;DR: the last thing a team wants to do after losing in the playoffs is play another game

Quote Originally Posted by A_TROLL_NAMED_SLACK View Post
    I hate people at my middle school that are saying Tom Brady is gonna kill the Giants.
    They dont know that in 07 the pats were 18-0 until the Giants beat them at the super bowl.
    I am the only football fan that would know that at my school.
    In fairness (and good on you for actually knowing recent football history):
    a) Both teams are quite different today. Randy Moss and Plaxico Buress are no longer on either of them, for example. One game from four years ago does not correlate with the outcome of this one.
    b) Let's be honest, if you had the 2007 Pats and 2007 Giants play each other 10 times, the Pats would have probably won more than 5 of those games. Giants got extremely lucky and that is what made the difference.
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 24th January 2012 at 12:18 AM.

I have claimed Giratina

OK, so I'm a Giants fan.

...And my life is awesome.

...Just sayin'.

Alright, here are some NFL games I project will be on national TV next year:

Houston at New England - if Patriots win Super Bowl, this would be a good match-up for the opening Thursday game

Green Bay at NY Giants - if Giants win Super Bowl, this would also be a good match-up for the opening Thursday game

San Francisco at New Orleans - a rematch of an exciting playoff game marked by "The Catch III"

San Francisco at New England - both teams finished 13-3

Green Bay VS. Detroit - one of these meetings should get a national TV audience next year, since both teams qualified for the playoffs

Baltimore VS. Pittsburgh - see GB-DET

Denver at New England - another playoff rematch

New Orleans at Green Bay - QB duel between Brees and Rodgers

Plus the five games I mentioned in an earlier post which I want to be nationally televised on Thanksgiving weekend. In addition, the Cowboys-Giants game held in New Jersey could be a Monday night game.

What games do you think should be nationally televised next year?
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 24th January 2012 at 2:42 AM.
    -----

Maybe San Diego @ New Orleans?

They always make a hype about QB's facing their old teams. In recent memory, when the Falcons play the Eagles they make it a night game due to Vick facing his old team.

And it helps that the Chargers and Saints are pretty good teams.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Maybe San Diego @ New Orleans?

They always make a hype about QB's facing their old teams. In recent memory, when the Falcons play the Eagles they make it a night game due to Vick facing his old team.

And it helps that the Chargers and Saints are pretty good teams.
    Saints-Chargers would be a Monday night game at best since the Chargers failed to make the playoffs. Same for the Pennsylvania showdown between the Eagles and Steelers, since the Eagles likewise missed the playoffs.
    -----

GB has some great matchups.

VS Bears x2
    VS Lions x2
    VS Saints
    VS Houston
    VS Giants
    VS San Francisco

I think with GB will have many nationally televised games.

Saints-Chargers would be a Monday night game at best since the Chargers failed to make the playoffs. Same for the Pennsylvania showdown between the Eagles and Steelers, since the Eagles likewise missed the playoffs.
    Well. Yearly the Charagers become everyone's "Pre-Season Pick" until they fail halfway. But there is a yearly general interest for them. They did pretty good last time on primetime.

This just me going off all of the hype the Chargers usually get. Year after year they are usually talked up as a pretty good team. And since the Saints and Chargers don't play often, maybe they want to cash in on Brees and Sproles playing their old team.

But you're right, at the least it would be a Monday Night Game and I have no problem with that.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Yup, they also ****ed up. If it wasn't for bad mistakes, I would be having my Har-Bowl in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Yup, they also ****ed up. If it wasn't for bad mistakes, I would be having my Har-Bowl in two weeks.
    I wanted that so bad.

Page 93 of 264 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast