Page 114 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    Jets and Texans turned out to be pretty close, at least closer than I thought. I still wish the Jets would make Tebow the full-time quarterback, since it seems they would have better results if they did. I normally like the Jets and cheer for them to win as long as they aren't playing Atlanta, so I want to see them succeed, and I don't know if Mark Sanchez could give them the kind of success that many other teams in the NFL are having right now.
    Sanchez is definitely the better QB, but I guess as long as Tebow remains in New York, people will be clamoring for him to start.

Anyway, the Jets' problems go a lot deeper than Sanchez. I mean, the whole franchise is kinda in decline. Woody Johnson is not a great owner, and Rex Ryan and G.M. Mike Tannenbam seem to be taking this team downhill. The last 3 or 4 draft picks haven't panned out. Letting Jerricho Cotchery and Braylon Edwards go after 2010 was probably a mistake.

Statistically, the Jets defense, intended by the franchise to be one of the best in the leagues, sucks. 31rst against the run. 20th in total defense. 30th in sacks. The linebackers are old, slow, and overpaid. The offense features Shonn Greene who's mediocre. They have very little depth, as shown with the injuries to Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller. When you have a QB throwing to guys like Jeff Cumberland and even Antonio Cromartie on one play, the QB isn't going to look good no matter who it is.

So yeah, I don't really think it's fair to blame Mark Sanchez.

As for the Cleveland Browns I believe Pat Shurmur is on very thin ice. I expect that if the Browns lose to Cincinnati on Sunday (which would set a new team record for longest losing streak, which would be the second dubious team record set in the 2010s after longest playoff drought), Shurmur would be fired.

EDIT (10/14): OK I did not want to double post, so I'm editing this. The BCS Buster race is down to the Ohio Bobcats. Can they do it? I think so.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 14th October 2012 at 5:41 PM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Wow. The Eagles really fell apart in the second half. The pass defense played like trash, the offense didn't produce, and the offensive line got dismantled in overtime. If only Celek made that catch earlier and the refs didn't make that questionable offensive pass interference call, the Eagles would have won. I have to give some credit to the Lions, though; they were clutch in the second half.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Oh my god the Cowboys need to learn time management better.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Holy cow, I can't believe my Lions won that game. I thought the game was over during the last Eagles TD. They probably didn't deserve to win. Stafford was horrible and should be benched for a game or two, and the offense was inept for the first three quarters. This win is on Hanson and the Lions defense. They came through big time.

On the road next week against the Bears on Monday Night Football. Would love to beat them. I dislike pretty much everything about the Bears.

The dolphins are doing much better than people originally thought. they're sitting at a nice 3-3 right now. Not the best, but I'll take it for now. Tannehill is definitely starting to get the hang of the game, him and Hartline are just going wild. The only thing they need to focus on now though is keeping a lead and finishing strong. It seems that everytime they have a lead they just get comfortable and let the opponent come back(today's game was a perfect example). If they can finish strong in the 4th quarter they can really be something special.

I am beyond tired of Michael Vick and his stupid turnovers. I'm tired of Andy Reid in general. And the play calling at the end of that game was absolutely atrocious. Not looking forward to seeing Philadelphia play the Texans next week. They're going to get destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    They're going to get destroyed.
    Not if the Packers beat the Texans and the Texans have a hangover the next week.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    I am beyond tired of Michael Vick and his stupid turnovers. I'm tired of Andy Reid in general. And the play calling at the end of that game was absolutely atrocious. Not looking forward to seeing Philadelphia play the Texans next week. They're going to get destroyed.
    Totally agree. The eagles turn the ball over too much. A legit team like the Texans will definitely take advantage of those mistakes. I dont think the eagles are disciplined enough to beat a team like that. It might not be a blowout, but it could come pretty close to one.

BIG BLUE BABY,BIG BLUE!
    YEAHHHHHHHHH!
    Giants vs 49ers=26-3
    We WOOPED ya' @ςς!
    We #1 in our division 4-2!
    F*** ya Eagles!
    FR me if you a Giants Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    F*** ya Eagles!
    Funny how the Eagles beat the Giants when they played each other this season. (And beat them many other times, too)

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    Funny how the Eagles beat the Giants when they played each other this season. (And beat them many other times, too)
    WHO GIVES A S***!
    DON'T MESS WITH ME BRO,I'M HYPE BRO!
    *Screaming*
    ARE EAGLES #1? NO,GIANTS ARE!

Edit:Btw,how many times Giants win superbowl? 3! Eagles? NONE!
    DON'T MESS WITH A TRUE GIANTS FAN BRO,GET OUT MY FACE!
    I'LL BE THE ONE RIDING ARIUND PHILIDELPHIA IN A GIANTS JERSEY! I'LL VICTOR CRUZ YOUR @ςς!
    Last edited by BigBlueNYG; 15th October 2012 at 2:42 AM.

WHO GIVES A S***!
    DON'T MESS WITH ME BRO,I'M HYPE BRO!
    *Screaming*
    ARE EAGLES #1? NO,GIANTS ARE!
    Well, it's only been six games into the season, so it's not like the Giants have clinched the division or anything. And if you're this happy because the Giants beat the 49ers, I would have hated to see you after last year's Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by seelöwe View Post
    well, it's only been six games into the season, so it's not like the giants have clinched the division or anything. And if you're this happy because the giants beat the 49ers, i would have hated to see you after last year's super bowl.
    yeah i was happy bro!
    I was f****** crying tears of joy! And you guys are getting into a habbit of too much fumbles! Us? We had our interceptions thrown,but now our defense had stepped up and now we are getting the interceptions by the other team!

This lovely little exchange is making me glad this forum is free of Bears fans lol.

The BCS Standings are out for college football.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs

No Big 10 team in the top 25 and 6 SEC teams in the top 12.

If it weren't for Terrelle Pryor and those other b*st*rds OSU would be in the BCS standings. Raiders won't even give Pryor a chance to start at QB because he helped get OSU banned from bowls this year, and the Raiders don't trust players who do that.
    -----

Wow, Packers. Maybe things will work out as I predicted for the NFC North. Just need the inevitable Bears collapse and the Lions to do a bit better.

And the BIG 10 sucks except for the banned Ohio State. None of them deserve to be in the BCS standings.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Wow, Packers. Maybe things will work out as I predicted for the NFC North. Just need the inevitable Bears collapse and the Lions to do a bit better.

And the BIG 10 sucks except for the banned Ohio State. None of them deserve to be in the BCS standings.
    Yeah,I'm surprised Packers came out with that win.
    Anyways,go GIANTS!

yeah i was happy bro!
    I was f****** crying tears of joy! And you guys are getting into a habbit of too much fumbles! Us? We had our interceptions thrown,but now our defense had stepped up and now we are getting the interceptions by the other team!
    At least Giants fans know how to spell "habit".

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    At least Giants fans know how to spell "habit".
    Shut up,what does it matter.
    You got problems with peple who cant spel right! You're messed up....

My Cowboys just (most likely) ended Ray Lewis's career yesterday. That's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    My Cowboys just (most likely) ended Ray Lewis's career yesterday. That's unfortunate.
    That's the only good thing that came out of yesterday's game for the 'Boys.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    WHAT!!! he got hurt??? I only saw the first 2 quarters hes my favorite Linebacker ever ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    WHAT!!! he got hurt??? I only saw the first 2 quarters hes my favorite Linebacker ever ;-;
    Yep,out for the Season bro.
    Anyways,who's watching tonights game? Broncos vs Chargers.
    I say the Broncos might win by a Field Goal with around 30 seconds left.

Page 114 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast