Page 131 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 6194

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Meh. Doesn't matter all that much, just someone trying to start an argument w/o saying who he is.
    Also, these guys made me lol today.

Spoiler:

Must say I like the mustaches.

Banana Octodad points:
        Spoiler:

I thought that was so funny

It doesn't help the fact their owner oddly resembles Salvador Dali

Oh, that brings back memories to the 0-16 season. Lions "fans" did that during that season.

I like the mustaches, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Oh, that brings back memories to the 0-16 season. Lions "fans" did that during that season.

I like the mustaches, though.
    Some teams need that 0-16 season though. I think it was the best thing that could have happened to the Lions tbh. I don't think they would have made the strides they did w/o it.

I fear MIN's is coming soon

Except the 2008 Lions are the only team that have ever had an 0-16 season, though I do understand you're saying that because it's hard to get fired from the Lions organization. I know a lot of Lions fans blame Ford for the decades of mediocrity, because "he doesn't care about the team enough" to get a coach and GM that would be capable of leading the Lions to a championship. I used to be in that camp. I would always proclaim that the Lions would never win a Super Bowl as long as Ford owned the team.

Which is silly. Ford won't ever sell the team.

Minny won't have an 0-16 season anytime soon. In fact, because the football gods hate the Lions, I'm going to predict we'll never see an 0-16 team again, at least not in our lifetime.

Except the 2008 Lions are the only team that have ever had an 0-16 season, though I do understand you're saying that because it's hard to get fired from the Lions organization. I know a lot of Lions fans blame Ford for the decades of mediocrity, because "he doesn't care about the team enough" to get a coach and GM that would be capable of leading the Lions to a championship. I used to be in that camp. I would always proclaim that the Lions would never win a Super Bowl as long as Ford owned the team.

Which is silly. Ford won't ever sell the team.

Minny won't have an 0-16 season anytime soon. In fact, because the football gods hate the Lions, I'm going to predict we'll never see an 0-16 team again, at least not in our lifetime.
    I guess I should have worded that better. We'll call it a metaphorical "0-16" Season. I just mean when things crumble and then things gets build back up. Like MIA for example. I don't know if I'd put IND on that list as it was just a QB issue.

I would probably blame Ford, but I don't know enough about the issue to point fingers. I just remember the Bears firing some head people and they did a 180 and it's worked out for them so I'm wondering if that's what the Lions need. They have the talent to be a consistent .500+ team

Nah, the Lions don't need to fire anyone. They're not sucking, after all.

Btw, here's PoD's preview for the game. They're predicting a Lions win, and they're usually pretty accurate. This guy's not a homer Lions fan, either. FWIW, he actually predicted the Vikings would beat the Lions the first time around. As usual, I pretty much agree 100% with him.

I just feel like the Vikings season is over and we'll be lucky to hit .500. We started out good, but Ponder's episode really has screwed us over. Not to mention the fact we only have Harvin doing any receiving.

Now as for the game, I expect it to be close and of course I hope for a MIN win, but if we lose I wouldn't be surprised. I know it shows lack of faith in my team but I just realize we aren't where we need to be nor are we in a good spot atm.

Dear Philadelphia Eagles,

I've given up all hope of you getting to the playoffs this year. I've given up hope of you even finishing the season at .500. At this point, my expectations of you couldn't possibly be any lower. I just ask this: beat the Cowboys tomorrow. The Cowboys are probably the only team in the league with about as many ridiculous turnovers as you.

Offensive line? Please wake up. Vick? For the love of God, man, quit with the turnovers. Defense? How about actually getting a stop when it matters? You were the best thing about Philly in the beginning of the season. What happened? And for the whole team... the constant penalties are getting really old. In short, just please get it together.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I just feel like the Vikings season is over and we'll be lucky to hit .500. We started out good, but Ponder's episode really has screwed us over. Not to mention the fact we only have Harvin doing any receiving.

Now as for the game, I expect it to be close and of course I hope for a MIN win, but if we lose I wouldn't be surprised. I know it shows lack of faith in my team but I just realize we aren't where we need to be nor are we in a good spot atm.
    Nah, the Vikings aren't as bad as they've looked in their past few games, though I do think they overachieved against SF. I think you guys will finish pretty close to .500, if not at .500.

I feel the same about the Lions. I hope they win, I expect them to win, but if they lose, I wouldn't be surprised. These two teams are pretty even, in my opinion.

And thanks for not being so dismissive of the Lions, like I know a lot of NFC North fans are.

Nah, the Vikings aren't as bad as they've looked in their past few games, though I do think they overachieved against SF. I think you guys will finish pretty close to .500, if not at .500.

I feel the same about the Lions. I hope they win, I expect them to win, but if they lose, I wouldn't be surprised. These two teams are pretty even, in my opinion.

And thanks for not being so dismissive of the Lions, like I know a lot of NFC North fans are.
    I have my bias moments here and there but I am aware of what's going on ^^

Perfect example is that I like the Browns & what Branden Weeden is doing there. I usually pick them to win because I think they are overlooked because they aren't really predominant and explosive.

I know where the talent and potential is so I give credit where it's due.

As for MIN vs. SF, I think they were playing @ a level they have potential for but what it comes down to is consistency, and I don't see us having that yet.

But GB still sucks to me ^^

Yeah, I tend to get a little angry, because like I said, it feels like people (especially NFC North fans) are dismissive of the Lions almost entirely because of their history. I do try to give credit where it's due and not be a homer, but sometimes, my Lions fandom does get in the way of that.

That's what I saw with the Minny-SF game. They had one good game, but they're not there yet.

In college football news: Holy cow, I can't believe U-M won that game. I mean, beating Northwestern isn't that big of a deal or anything, but when Gardner threw that last interception, I thought U-M had lost for sure. What an exciting game that was! Just need Nebraska to lose to Penn State now, and this will be a good day.

As an OSU fan I'm really incensed we can't go to a bowl this year while UM can. Hopefully UM will lose its last two and have to settle for the Heart of Dallas Bowl instead of a BCS game or one of the B1G-SEC games.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    As an OSU fan I'm really incensed we can't go to a bowl this year while UM can. Hopefully UM will lose its last two and have to settle for the Heart of Dallas Bowl instead of a BCS game or one of the B1G-SEC games.
    Don't worry. Nebraska will probably win the Legends division. They've already proven to be a better team than UM overall, and there's no way they're going to lose to Minny and Iowa. And OSU is by far the best team in the B1G and will treat the last game like a bowl game. They won't lose to UM, though I do think UM will beat Iowa.

What kind of bowl would that be?

Texas A&M just helped Notre Dame big time by beating Alabama. I think the SEC streak of titles comes to an end this year.
    -----

Oh, it better. So glad to see Bama lose. So they're not untouchable.

Texas A&M just helped Notre Dame big time by beating Alabama. I think the SEC streak of titles comes to an end this year.
    Hey we gotta give the other conferences a chance.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

It's all over for the Gators. Still, this was a great season, with awesome wins against LSU and South Carolina. They looked a lot better than they did last year.

LOL Alabama.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Notre Dame doesn't sniff the title game unless KSU and Oregon loss.

IMO no team without a conference title game deserves a shot at the national title

PS: OSU got what it deserved this year. You have no just cause to be mad.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

I was actually kind of happy to see LA-Lafayette do well, considering that was the school Bill Bentley of the Lions is from. xD Good for them.

When does OSU's ban end anyway, out of curiosity?

Ends next year. PSU got 4 years, because what happened there was MUCH worse.

ND beats BC. I'm picking them against K-State, so Stanford needs to do its job next week.
    -----

Ends next year. PSU got 4 years, because what happened there was MUCH worse.

ND beats BC. I'm picking them against K-State, so Stanford needs to do its job next week.
    Notre Dame is a paper tiger imo. They have struggled against some pretty mediocre teams this year, should have lost to Stanford (blown call) and lucked out against Pitt.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

1st quarter, and the game and the Lions season is pretty much over.

That's it. They need to fire Jim Schwartz and and his conservative playmaking and overpay to get Cowher or Gruden to coach them. The Lions will never be elite with Schwartz coaching them.

They're only losing 10-0. It's not like they're being destroyed.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

10-3 now.

I'm just sick of these slow starts, is all, and I wish we could have more games like last week's Jags game or last year's Lions-Chargers game, where the Lions come out swinging right away and play a full 60 minutes instead of playing down to their opponent and getting behind early.

EDIT: Yep. This is not the Lions team that beat the Seahawks and Jaguars. This is the Lions team that lost to the Vikings. They won't win this one.

I hate to admit it, but the Lions will probably only win the Cardinals game and lose everything else. On the bright side, that means a high draft pick so they can draft an elite safety and an easy schedule for next year.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 11th November 2012 at 7:09 PM.

Page 131 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast